IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

I'm a total grinch when it comes to Jeremy especially, but I also thought the cake toppers made for some cute photos. 

I'm still confused about what Magnolia is, though. I know it has something to do with a home improvement? TV show involving a Christian couple. Or they took this whole town and renovated it, or something? But what is it? What's with the silos? Cupcakes are cool, but why do so many people seem to go there? What's the allure? 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They must be running out of ideas if they’re bringing their wedding cake toppers on road trips for photo shoots with the food they eat. (I think it’s a little weird—just me??)

@brusselsgriffon,  no, I think it's weird, too.

@singsingsing, Magnolia is all about the brand of Chip and Joanna Gaines of the HGTV show Fixer Upper.  They recently stopped doing the show.  They have a line of home decor with Target, most of which is not to my taste at all.  (One of the things they have in the line is a galvanized Christmas tree stand. That damn thing is fucking ugly!) They are members of a church in Waco that is very anti-LBGTQ.  Joanna is the decorator in the renovated houses and, man, does she love shiplap!

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@brusselsgriffon,  no, I think it's weird, too.

@singsingsing, Magnolia is all about the brand of Chip and Joanna Gaines of the HGTV show Fixer Upper.  They recently stopped doing the show.  They have a line of home decor with Target, most of which is not to my taste at all.  (One of the things they have in the line is a galvanized Christmas tree stand. That damn thing is fucking ugly!) They are members of a church in Waco that is very anti-LBGTQ.  Joanna is the decorator in the renovated houses and, man, does she love shiplap!

21365BC2-DCAE-4C9C-AE99-7C847A119B81.jpeg.ae5070ad16742f71f330fe3e88ec2538.jpeg

:pb_lol:

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm a total grinch when it comes to Jeremy especially, but I also thought the cake toppers made for some cute photos. 

I'm still confused about what Magnolia is, though. I know it has something to do with a home improvement? TV show involving a Christian couple. Or they took this whole town and renovated it, or something? But what is it? What's with the silos? Cupcakes are cool, but why do so many people seem to go there? What's the allure? 

Magnolia is the main name of their company, so they have Magnolia Real Estate, Magnolia Homes, Magnolia Bakery, etc.

So, Jinger and Jeremy are OBSESSED with themselves! Look at us - we play so cutely in the miracle-from-God snow although we grew up in Arkansas and Pennsylvania.

Look at me - I pretend to read a newspaper while sipping coffee because I'm so adorable.

Look at me in pants!

Just, grow up!

26 minutes ago, YourGodIsNotMine said:

So, Jinger and Jeremy are OBSESSED with themselves! Look at us - we play so cutely in the miracle-from-God snow although we grew up in Arkansas and Pennsylvania.

Look at me - I pretend to read a newspaper while sipping coffee because I'm so adorable.

Look at me in pants!

Just, grow up!

they are taking pictures of cupcakes - they are the new Gaines.  seriously who doesn't love a cupcake photo

but they are still insane. 

1 minute ago, nst said:

they are taking pictures of cupcakes - they are the new Gaines.  seriously who doesn't love a cupcake photo

Right!! And they're photogenic but not supermodels. And constant food pics are a little weird.

14 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Magnolia is what would happen if Pinterest got into imperialism.

It sounds like a fun enough day trip, but honestly, I'm sure the food trucks and bakeries in Austin or San Antonio are better and cheaper, and not watered down and Instagram'd up to cater to white girls who are scared of Mexicans.

53 minutes ago, YourGodIsNotMine said:

Right!! And they're photogenic but not supermodels. And constant food pics are a little weird.

I don't think it's that weird. I'm a couple of years younger than Jinger, and my instagram feed is full of food and people posing, often in their own backyard. I actually think it'd be weirder if they didn't post pictures of themselves. The only accounts I know that do that are dedicated to professional photography. It is kind of weird that they just brought their cake toppers on a trip with them, but the pictures are cute. 

I don't think it's that weird. I'm a couple of years younger than Jinger, and my instagram feed is full of food and people posing, often in their own backyard. I actually think it'd be weirder if they didn't post pictures of themselves. The only accounts I know that do that are dedicated to professional photography. It is kind of weird that they just brought their cake toppers on a trip with them, but the pictures are cute. 

Yes. They are pretty normal for their age in that regard.

And you have to remember Jinger didn’t get to be a teen with social media and is catching up as well.

And my 40 something friend in Austin posted six playing in the snow pics and three videos of snow falling. It’s a novelty down there.

My Instagram is mostly photos of things that aren't me, but I'm also not promoting myself as part of my career. This is basically their job.

My Instagram is mostly photos of things that aren't me, but I'm also not promoting myself as part of my career. This is basically their job.

Yes. Any celebrities I follow post tons of pictures of themselves.

Except authors. They tend toward things.

And people in teens and early 20s post billions of pictures of themselves—famous or not. My teenage cousins (15 & 19) post multiple ones per day on one medium or another.

1 hour ago, nst said:

Every time I see Jill comment on one of Jinger's very staged photos all I get from it is jealousy.

55 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Mine has been hijacked by my dog and baby and I’m not even mad about that. I usually pop up in photos or you hear me in videos, but it’s mostly just one or both of them and (occasionally) that guy I married. I also love when people post food photos because it makes me want to try new recipes out and my tastebuds are big fans of that.

(Except when I was pregnant. My sister actually called my brother up once to lecture him after he texted us both a photo of something he had cooked because she was worried it’d make me nauseous. Luckily it didn’t, but other photos did and it was no bueno. :pb_lol:)

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Magnolia is what would happen if Pinterest got into imperialism.

It sounds like a fun enough day trip, but honestly, I'm sure the food trucks and bakeries in Austin or San Antonio are better and cheaper, and not watered down and Instagram'd up to cater to white girls who are scared of Mexicans.

This may just be the best explanation of the Gaineses and Magnolia Everything I’ve ever read. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

And my 40 something friend in Austin posted six playing in the snow pics and three videos of snow falling. It’s a novelty down there.

I'm in San Antonio, and my feed was FULL of snow pics... I posted a ton of pics and a few videos myself. We got almost 2" of snow, The most in 32 years. It was actually real snow too, not sleety Texas snow.  It was amazing (I'm a born and raised South Texan- the only time in my life I've experienced "real" snow was when I was in Germany for 3.5 years with my ex-h (he's in the Army)) The only problem was that they didn't close schools the next day. The roads were fine, but I think they should have done it just for the fact that most of the kids here probably won't see snow again for years. It actually stuck around til almost noon the next day, which is a miracle in and of itself, lol

snow day.jpg

14 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

Screenshot_20171216-120731.thumb.png.119ed87c4faffcf40a770f3dc2a079c5.png

Holy Mary Mother of God!  Someone needs a hobby. If she's trolling, she's getting a little carried away.

And I like shiplap.  Should I show myself out now?

21 hours ago, brusselsgriffon said:

They must be running out of ideas if they’re bringing their wedding cake toppers on road trips for photo shoots with the food they eat. (I think it’s a little weird—just me??)

Not just you. First time I'm hearing of such a thing. :dontgetit:

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Every time I see Jill comment on one of Jinger's very staged photos all I get from it is jealousy.

So jealous! I have that impression too. 

Wow. Jinger and I have something in common. I love that song. 

Jinger listens to secular music. Wow.

I know it doesn't mean her views have changed. But I like it anyway.

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

i get a passive aggressive vibe. 

29 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

Wow. Jinger and I have something in common. I love that song. 

Jinger listens to secular music. Wow.

I know it doesn't mean her views have changed. But I like it anyway.

Knock me over with a feather once again. I can't help but be happy and hopeful for Jinger. 

14 minutes ago, nst said:

i get a passive aggressive vibe. 

There is that too, I'm sure. It's Jill after all. :my_confused:

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived