IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

9 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

She just had a spark that wasn't in the others.

Most definitely! I think we're more discussing whether she grew into the person she is today before or after she met Jeremy, ie. whether he molded her into that, or if she had already grown into the person she was before she met him.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to understand how Jinger has shown she has changed so much? She just wears different clothes and has a new headship. She followed her father and now she follows her husband. Is it because Jeremy lets her read books that are likely os his choosing? We don’t know if she enjoys reading or just does it to please Jeremy. Hell, we don’t even know if she actually reads on a regular basis.  How has she shown confidence? How has she shown she has changed?

Pictures don’t tell a story when it comes to how she has changed. I have looked awful in every photo since I was a teenager. I just don’t photograph well regardless of what I am wearing. I am not a girly girl, I dress appropriately for the situation but will never stand out and will do the minimum hair/makeup necessary. I just don’t care about those things. Does that mean Jinger is more mature or more confident because she is a better dresser? Photos tell you nothing about me and don’t about Jinger either. It is bordering on judging someone superficially. 

We have no idea if Jinger has changed on the inside or changed her way of thinking. I think a lot of people project onto her what they want to believe instead of what we truly know.  It comes out of wanting thto best for her but I just don’t see Jinger has done anything other than follow the man in charge. Her husband and family hold hateful views and she likely does as well. She has not shown in any way she thinks differently.  

She was known as a bit of a rebel (well, by Duggar standards) before she got married (although I can’t exactly remember how she was more free-spirited compared to the rest of her family...please feel free to inform me if you want), so perhaps she already knew she wouldn’t settle for someone exactly like her parents.  Once she met Jeremy, I guess he was just conservative enough to get her parents’ approval, but she probably knew that he was more of what she was looking for in a husband.  My two cents, at least. 

39 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

To me Jinger always seemed a little different from her siblings, personality-wise. She just had a spark that wasn't in the others. Maybe someone should name a forum after her? ;)

I hope she never loses her spark. I have to say, I found her very tolerable to watch through the years. 

And the things she could do...if only she wasn't so sheltered in her younger years. If any Duggars can break free, I think she's the one who can with support from Jeremy. 

i just remember the eye rolling, which made me think her Kool-Aid might have been a little bit diluted.

Jinger got what she wanted from a husband it seems, she is living in a city, she has less restrictions on what to wear and lives away from her family. Her beliefs are still conservative and she is not free by our standards, she is free compared  to a lot of Fundie girls.

9 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am trying to understand how Jinger has shown she has changed so much? She just wears different clothes and has a new headship. She followed her father and now she follows her husband. Is it because Jeremy lets her read books that are likely os his choosing? We don’t know if she enjoys reading or just does it to please Jeremy. Hell, we don’t even know if she actually reads on a regular basis.  How has she shown confidence? How has she shown she has changed?

Pictures don’t tell a story when it comes to how she has changed. I have looked awful in every photo since I was a teenager. I just don’t photograph well regardless of what I am wearing. I am not a girly girl, I dress appropriately for the situation but will never stand out and will do the minimum hair/makeup necessary. I just don’t care about those things. Does that mean Jinger is more mature or more confident because she is a better dresser? Photos tell you nothing about me and don’t about Jinger either. It is bordering on judging someone superficially. 

We have no idea if Jinger has changed on the inside or changed her way of thinking. I think a lot of people project onto her what they want to believe instead of what we truly know.  It comes out of wanting thto best for her but I just don’t see Jinger has done anything other than follow the man in charge. Her husband and family hold hateful views and she likely does as well. She has not shown in any way she thinks differently.  

Her behavior is also different than before (at least on camera, only what we see of course). She smiles more, is more soft spoken to the point of whispering and does this "hunch"/bow down everytime she sees Jeremy (in the beginning).

But well you are of course right in what you are saying...but there goes FJ then...

honestly, the biggest difference in these photos is the hair. Crunchy vs not crunchy. It is hard to say if she changed just because of that.

I've had people telling me I seem so different after not seeing me for a year because I was overseas, just because I was wearing glasses, nicer clothes because I came from work and some make up. Then again, one of those guys knew me since I was 12 (26 now), and when I was 19 he thought I was 14. We were members of the same music group. I started when I was 12. What did he think when I started, when I was 7?

People grow up and change, and hopefully get more confident, but I don't think it has something to do with the partner they have, it is just natural to change in one way or another. Maybe Jeremy helped her a bit to get out of her shell, but I think it would've happened either way.

I also think that the other girls all changed their style quite a bit thoughout the years (Jill probably the least), but they probably already found what they are most comfortable with and it might not have been that far of than it was in Jingers case...? Joy I can see still changing quite a bit, but I think Jessa will not change it up too much, besides maybe growing into pants at some point? :D

I am of the opinion that changes away from how they were taught, however small, are positive. Pants does not mean anything regarding world views or that they are becoming more liberal, but could potentially make a huge difference for the next generation of fundie girls. If pants are normalized, more little girls would wear appropriate clothing for climbing and playing and would not be restricted in what they do (we all know that the claims that "you can do anything in a skirt" are half-truths at best). It would also be one less ridiculous "nike"-reason if pants on girls would be just as acceptable as skirts.

As for Jinger reading: I also believe that she does it only because Jeremy likes it, but I again think that any reading is an improvement. Yes, she might only be reading christian doctrine and biographies of christian theologists, but she is reading and that alone might spark interest in other areas or in other types of fiction.

I very much doubt that any of the second generation fundies we follow are ever going to become "mainstream conservatives", but I believe small changes might make a difference for the third generation.

4 hours ago, Icea said:

I am of the opinion that changes away from how they were taught, however small, are positive. Pants does not mean anything regarding world views or that they are becoming more liberal, but could potentially make a huge difference for the next generation of fundie girls. If pants are normalized, more little girls would wear appropriate clothing for climbing and playing and would not be restricted in what they do (we all know that the claims that "you can do anything in a skirt" are half-truths at best). It would also be one less ridiculous "nike"-reason if pants on girls would be just as acceptable as skirts.

As for Jinger reading: I also believe that she does it only because Jeremy likes it, but I again think that any reading is an improvement. Yes, she might only be reading christian doctrine and biographies of christian theologists, but she is reading and that alone might spark interest in other areas or in other types of fiction.

I very much doubt that any of the second generation fundies we follow are ever going to become "mainstream conservatives", but I believe small changes might make a difference for the third generation.

I think she does a lot of things because Jeremy likes them... but I don't think that's necessarily bad, especially for someone who grew up in a rigid "my father's approval is mandatory" household. IMO it's unrealistic for her to dramatically deviate from that upbringing, especially if she's only been out of the TTH for a year. 

I know a lot of people don't care for Jeremy, and he's not my favorite person either. But it seems like he gives Jinger the confidence to explore opportunities that weren't present or approved of during her childhood, even if her confidence is primarily due to his approval.

Also, Jeremy hasn't been super involved in conservative Christianity for that long, so it's probably not as engrained into his identity as much as fundie is into Boob and Michelle's. This could obviously grow stronger with time... but it also could weaken and change. Growing up in a more conservative church, I've seen it happen. A lot.

FWIW, Husband and I are black sheep and are no longer a part of the church. That's actually how we met. 

16 minutes ago, LiterallyBananas said:

Also, Jeremy hasn't been super involved in conservative Christianity for that long, so it's probably not as engrained into his identity as much as fundie is into Boob and Michelle's. This could obviously grow stronger with time... but it also could weaken and change. Growing up in a more conservative church, I've seen it happen. A lot.

Jeremy has been involved in conservative Christianity his entire life. He was homeschooled and his father is a conservative Christian minister who officiated his wedding with Jinger.

That's kind of a hilarious reaction to the person who was claiming that Jinger used to have all these different facial expressions and wear plait shirts, and now she only smiles and wears sleek outfits. :pb_lol:

I watched without the sound on because I like keeping my brain cells (also because my husband is home and would trade he mercilessly if I watched with the sound on.) Is this an ad? Cause it kind of looked like one a little bit.  

3 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Speaking of Jinger's style and many faces... 

We played jumbo jenga during our holidays and it was super fun! And involved a lot of close calls when toddlers ran to close to falling towers ... :tw_grimace:

If this forum was about me and my family I would not be able to keep myself from reading and it would be a full time job for me to try to argue with everything I thought was wrong. And I would die while typing trying to make you all see why I was right. 

Stubborn? Me? Noooooooo ... 

22 hours ago, brusselsgriffon said:

I always felt like Jinger would have been the one to have an emo phase in high school if she weren't fundie. Possibly also Joy

I can see Jinger as an emo art student who dresses in black every day.  Joy, if she was allowed to attend a real school would have been on the girl's lacross team.

In my opinion. It would be hard to say Jinger has matured. She spent her whole life and identity pleasing her dad and now her whole life and identity is pleasing Jeremy, whether or not she realizes it. It's hard to let your personality fully manifest when you are used to shutting your wants, needs, desires down to make your headship happy. I don't think changing tastes is the same as maturing. 

More of Jinger and Jeremy's double (?) game date. I've been to 'adult arcades' like this, but I have a hard time believing they'd go to a place like that. Unless, it was in the middle of the day. :P   

Spoiler

One thing is clear from these photos. Jeremy and Jinger are nailing that fundie, hipster vibe. They’re like the Duggar version of Jeremy and Audrey Roloff.

8 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Speaking of Jinger's style and many faces... 

Ok, that's not a smile and a plaid shirt....I go hide in my closet now...or do they read here and posted this after?

@VelociRapture Technically, it isn't an ad, per Instagram rules about identifying advertisements/ getting free products. These posts can be reported to Instagram for review if people feel it is a direct advertisement.

It is most certainly a promotion though. It was mentioned earlier up thread about laws/rules haven't caught up to the social media game and it's very true. It could be this is a "test the waters" to form a future partnership, which gives no indication on whether or not they are or aren't making money off of it in the future. Ways that could be done are: using increased traffic or sales in the negotiations agreement, signing a contract that has a compensation clause regarding all brand promotions past or present.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived