IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

I have this really bad habit of apologizing for things completely beyond my control (most recently a repair person showing up late in another province when my mom was helping my grandmother move) 

When I apologized she told me to stop apologizing...

I apologized for apologizing. 

It's a problem.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, I'd rather be overly nice so my tone isn't misconstrued. Better than most of the dickheads online.

11 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I have this really bad habit of apologizing for things completely beyond my control (most recently a repair person showing up late in another province when my mom was helping my grandmother move) 

When I apologized she told me to stop apologizing...

I apologized for apologizing. 

During labor I wanted an epidural. Here in the Netherlands they aren't super commonly given so I apologized for asking for one initially.  That's fine, silly, but fine.

I then apologized to the person ADMINISTERING THE EPIDURAL, who had told me basically in her case her whole job was giving them... so basically I apologized to someone for doing their job AND whose job probably would be eliminated if no women ever did ask for epidurals. That was bad. My husband still doesn't let me live it down.

I don't think he's trolling, he's just making his favourite Jinger = spice joke again. The lollipops = sugar, and Jinger = spice. I think the Seewald family just doesn't get it but thinks it's a cute picture. :pb_lol:

maybe Ben's family thinks it's "sugar and spice, and everything nice; that's what little girls are made of." Since everything is a pregnancy announcement, they've just announced they'll be having a baby girl. :my_rolleyes:

Jinger = spice is Jeremy's favorite thing. It's weird, but cute. 

I agree that it is another Jinger=spice joke, but I don't "get it," either, I guess, LOL.  Like, I see where he's going with it, but he didn't quite get there.

They kinda both have a look on their faces like this picture is taking more time/effort to pose and get right than they had anticipated.  Jinger is adorable.  However- They both have defrauding folds on their clothes!

In a more practical fashion, Jeremy's outfit reminded me it's back to real life, haha and I need to get on the laundry. Mr. C wore the same shirt/ pant combo to work last week.

I am LOLing at the fact that he said “think about it” and I wondered how anybody wouldn’t get the reference right away and then the Seewald’s post that the joke basically went right over their heads.

Also it in some alternative world Jeremy and Jinger really ever did have a baby and name if Sugar, that would be eternally the funniest thing to me.

Will Jeremy ever get over the fact that his wife’s name is a spice? The guy loves reminding us twice a week.

Wait so is the point that it's a gingerbread (jingerbread) house?

Seems like the gram commenters have all agreed it's both a pregnancy and gender announcement all in one.

I know those big lollipops never taste as good as they look but I still kinda want one.

I've caught myself saying sorry for things that aren't my fault too, and once I figured out that what I meant was "Sorry that happened to you" not "Sorry I caused that" I started using different words.

4 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I know those big lollipops never taste as good as they look but I still kinda want one.

I've caught myself saying sorry for things that aren't my fault too, and once I figured out that what I meant was "Sorry that happened to you" not "Sorry I caused that" I started using different words.

I've made a big effort to stop apologizing needlessly. It cheapens the words. You can convey compassion and empathy without apologizing.

10 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

They could name the baby dolce.  Sweet but with pizazz. 

I have a client who's daughter's last name is Dolce. (2nd marriage for my client). I think it's a cool name. 

Not Canadian, but chronic over-apologizer here too.

About a year ago I made a conscious decision to turn apologies into gratitude and it has changed me for the better. i.e. Sorry I'm late = thank you for your patience, sorry I suck/messed up = thank you for not giving up on me, etc. It changes your outlook and I feel has made me a more grateful. 

It was actually part of my New Year's Resolution last year so, Just thought I'd share :)

I remember at a Hillary Clinton rally nearby I always make friends with people in line and there were two women talking to me and a young adult woman who apologized for something that didn't need itand one of the older women stopped her and said "never apologize. especially with women, it's like we feel like we need to do it often and it is not necessary". That was almost a year ago and I finally got the practice down. I follow something similar like you @Casserole turn it into gratitude!

57 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

I remember at a Hillary Clinton rally nearby I always make friends with people in line and there were two women talking to me and a young adult woman who apologized for something that didn't need itand one of the older women stopped her and said "never apologize. especially with women, it's like we feel like we need to do it often and it is not necessary". That was almost a year ago and I finally got the practice down. I follow something similar like you @Casserole turn it into gratitude!

I totally agree that we (especially women) tend to over apologize however I disagree with the person in that you should never apologize.  I do believe there is a time and place when a sincere apology is warranted.  Sometimes we really are sorry for our actions and the other person deserves to hear our sincerity in that discovery.  The lady prob didn’t mean never say it.  I guess it’s a sore spot for me being around family members that don’t carry any responsibility for their actions.  An apology from them would go miles with me.  Projection I guess... sorry lol

It amazes me that people are convinced everything is a pregnancy announcement...I mean seriously, with how large Jill, Jessa, and Joy all carry while pregnant, I'm pretty sure Jinger would be showing by the time an announcement was made!

Unless Jinger is secretly Alyssa Webster 2.0...in which case she'll start showing at 6 months. :pb_lol: I can only hope and pray to have that kind of luck one day.

You're totally right @Incognito22, it was poorly explained on my end. She meant more as don't say sorry for things that don't warrant an apology cause obviously at times apologies will definitely need to be warranted! 

I'm tutoring our refugee family from Afghanistan, and trying to get the 11 year old girl to stop apologizing every time she makes a mistake has been a challenge.

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I think the gratitude thing is great (chronic apologizer...I apologize to inanimate objects for bumping into them -- that bad), but the person who introduced the concept to me was a booty call who decided that me saying "sorry for puking all over the place" in a hungover haze at his apartment after a night of drunken fellowshipping was a perfect opportunity for him to introduce the concept to me. Dude, I do not need a lecture on why I should empower myself by saying "thank you" instead of "sorry" when I'm naked and hunched over your toilet and have just learned what vodka tastes like coming up.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived