IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@laikawolf, your husband was adorable when he was little!

I'd not want pictures of me as a child posted on social media.  I had some really really bad hair days since it was years before I knew how take to care of curly hair.  Thank you Lorraine Massey and NaturallyCurly!

I hear you on this one.  It also took me way to long to realize that really short was not a good look for my curly/wavy hair.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/28/2017 at 3:51 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

If you wanna be my lovah, you gotta get with my dad.

So I was at Taco Bell yesterday and the only other people in there was a fundie family. The mom told her daughter if she got asked out to tell the guy “ you will have to ask my dad he’s my social planner” I immediately thought of this 

New instagram posts of JinJer frolicking in the snow. Of course, Cafe Mom points out that she rubs her belly for a moment in the video clip, and therefore MUST be preggers. :pb_rollseyes: C'mon tabloids, cut the gal some slack. I'm sure they'll announce at some point within the next 2-3 years. Until then, let's just let them enjoy their childless married life and quit with the constant speculation.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if the tabloids would say Jinger is wearing clothes babies also wear clothes so she must be trying to hint that she is pregnant.

I am of the camp that says the duggars opened themselves to constant speculation by being on TV. I think the speculation is dumb but I understand it too.

15 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I am of the camp that says the duggars opened themselves to constant speculation by being on TV. I think the speculation is dumb but I understand it too.

Yeah, more or less. The speculation I think is out of order is speculation about them engaging in illegal activities, or speculation that could realistically actually hurt them, like 'X was pregnant before marriage!" or, 'X is secretly gay!" That stuff is uncalled for. Constant pregnancy speculation? Meh. Pretty much par for the course. It sucks, and Jinger didn't choose to become involved in this life, but she and her husband have chosen to continue to be in the public eye. As long as they're still attempting to spread their messed up beliefs I'm not going to feel too much sympathy for them with regards to the pregnancy/courtship/other random nonsense speculation.

I don't know how and why they (I include many members of the family in this) constantly a) ask someone to take a photo of them kissing (awkward) or b ) set up a tripod contraption to photograph themselves kissing (maybe even more embarrassing).

i just get second hand embarrassment for them.

The comments made me giggle. Apparently “classy” is the word of the week in fundie land. I can’t imagine commenting “classy” on somebody’s photo without doing it to say it ironically.

5D8850AE-3F9F-4232-AA08-50D82993A2B7.jpeg

They are like mimics, one person says something and the rest follow. Original though is NOT a skill any of these folks have. 

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

The comments made me giggle. Apparently “classy” is the word of the week in fundie land. I can’t imagine commenting “classy” on somebody’s photo without doing it to say it ironically.

5D8850AE-3F9F-4232-AA08-50D82993A2B7.jpeg

Are they in a pottery barn or something? That looks like a store. Odd place for a Christmas tree picture. 

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

Are they in a pottery barn or something? That looks like a store. Odd place for a Christmas tree picture. 

One things for sure, whenever they are, it’s somewhere VERY classy!

This is, of course, baseless speculation, BUT am I the only one who gets the feeling that this is something that Jinger is being lightly teased over? Having ideas above her station, in a way? I say this as someone who's own family has poked fun at them for having "expensive tastes," and ribbed for showing too much interest in "fancy" things and places. So perhaps I am totally projecting. But Jill, who went barefoot at her own wedding to a man who dresses like he wants to blend in with burnouts, saying "classy" strikes me as a sort of "you're different from me and so I'll tease you about it" comment. Especially in a culture that prizes thrift and saving, I could see other fundies feeling slightly threatened by Jinger actually dressing up from time to time. They're so repressed the only way they could express any anxieties of that sort would be through passive aggressive jokes.

Again: totally baseless speculation that might only be me projecting my own experiences. In any case, I think they both look nice. Jeremy's actually wearing a nice suit that actually fits him and Jinger looks sophisticated and trendy as always.

9 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

This is, of course, baseless speculation, BUT am I the only one who gets the feeling that this is something that Jinger is being lightly teased over? Having ideas above her station, in a way? I say this as someone who's own family has poked fun at them for having "expensive tastes," and ribbed for showing too much interest in "fancy" things and places. So perhaps I am totally projecting. But Jill, who went barefoot at her own wedding to a man who dresses like he wants to blend in with burnouts, saying "classy" strikes me as a sort of "you're different from me and so I'll tease you about it" comment. Especially in a culture that prizes thrift and saving, I could see other fundies feeling slightly threatened by Jinger actually dressing up from time to time. They're so repressed the only way they could express any anxieties of that sort would be through passive aggressive jokes.

Again: totally baseless speculation that might only be me projecting my own experiences. In any case, I think they both look nice. Jeremy's actually wearing a nice suit that actually fits him and Jinger looks sophisticated and trendy as always.

I could see it being passive aggressive from Jill but then again, why would Carlin do it? This makes me think that they simply don't have a huge vocabulary after years of SOTDRT

9 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I could see it being passive aggressive from Jill but then again, why would Carlin do it? This makes me think that they simply don't have a huge vocabulary after years of SOTDRT

You've got me there. I don't follow the Bateses closely so I know next to nothing about them as individuals. But, you know how some people just have a "thing" about them that gets teased by everyone in the community? Like a distilled personality quirk or something that people identify as "their thing" and that's what they'll always bring up whenever they see them? Maybe it's like that. Like "Oh here's Jinger being "CLASSY" again. Oh Jinger, you're always so classy. Oh hohoho we do have fun!" A superficial way of relating to someone. But I'm probably reaching now. 

I guess what kills me about this “classy” tree photo is it’s complete lack of actual class. Jeremy appears to be wearing a nice suit, yes. Other that that, Jing is clearly just wearing a vest she tossed on and they’re posing awkwardly for a photo. The picture of DH to be and I wearing our stupid Christmas outfits at Knotts has more class. 

Looks more like the lobby in a hotel.  I could see the 'classy' comment as having a hint of snark beneath it. I get the impression that Jeremy enjoys some of the finer things so Jinger is getting exposed to a whole different world than her sisters. It's like my FIL. He's a small town guy who thinks steak at his local chain restaurant is the best there was. Until he and my MIL came up to visit to celebrate hers and my birthday. We went to a fine dining restaurant owned by an Iron Chef. FIL was FLOORED.  He'd had no idea steak and brussel sprouts could taste like 'that'. He had a food epiphany after tasting a little of the crab bearnaise I had topping my entree. 

And this is where Counting On could've had better storyline. Personally I really hope they get cancelled but if not, show an UNSCRIPTED day in the life of Jeremy and Jinger. Let Jinger do a spot talking about how her choices in fashion have evolved. I'd rather see an episode made about Jinger's first day in shorts. How Jeremy addressed it with her that it was ok, how she picked them out, how she felt wearing them. Something real.  We've seen them taking cooking classes but what new things has Jinger tried and liked? Not liked? I'd be more interested to watch Jinger react to her first Broadway musical or a 'real' concert. We know the other couples are still way too entrenched with JB but Jinger it seems has some chance to make the show marginally interesting.

10 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Looks more like the lobby in a hotel.  I could see the 'classy' comment as having a hint of snark beneath it. I get the impression that Jeremy enjoys some of the finer things so Jinger is getting exposed to a whole different world than her sisters. It's like my FIL. He's a small town guy who thinks steak at his local chain restaurant is the best there was. Until he and my MIL came up to visit to celebrate hers and my birthday. We went to a fine dining restaurant owned by an Iron Chef. FIL was FLOORED.  He'd had no idea steak and brussel sprouts could taste like 'that'. He had a food epiphany after tasting a little of the crab bearnaise I had topping my entree. 

And this is where Counting On could've had better storyline. Personally I really hope they get cancelled but if not, show an UNSCRIPTED day in the life of Jeremy and Jinger. Let Jinger do a spot talking about how her choices in fashion have evolved. I'd rather see an episode made about Jinger's first day in shorts. How Jeremy addressed it with her that it was ok, how she picked them out, how she felt wearing them. Something real.  We've seen them taking cooking classes but what new things has Jinger tried and liked? Not liked? I'd be more interested to watch Jinger react to her first Broadway musical or a 'real' concert. We know the other couples are still way too entrenched with JB but Jinger it seems has some chance to make the show marginally interesting.

I agree, but that would go against the Duggar brand so it won’t happen. Jinger will only be shown doing something for the babies in the family, or featured throughout her own pregnancy and birth. I would love to see Jinger at a Broadway show, eating in a celebrity owned LA restaurant, or touring The Art Institute of Chicago. But that won’t happen on CO. 

Hey TLC, how about a spin-off? Jing in the big city. Show her wearing jeans, not being pregnant, and her genuine reactions to experiencing worldly things. 

14 hours ago, 12 Hungry Safety Pins said:

Jeremy looks slimmer! He's definitely not pregnant! :pb_lol:

Anyone what that old show SOAP? This makes me think of when Mary tells her sister Jessica that her gay son Jody is going to be a father. Jessica then exclaims "Dennis is pregnant?" 

okay, UGH ....already mad at myself for really liking something that JinJer are doing, but if you see Jeremy's last two posts on instagram, it looks like they took their wedding cake toppers with them to the Magnolia Silos. It makes for a cute picture for sure. 

In other news, Jinger wore a cute new coat with top buttons only and somehow just 1 person has brought up her being pregnant in the last few hours. Sadly it's something I see as a bit of a "win" for her.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived