IGNORED

Jinger 33: Beauty: By God!

Coconut Flan

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

@AprilQuilt take snacks and water, leave a trail too, it is a deep scary rabbit hole.

But for the love of God, don't steal any pecans! 

ahhh you guys she decorated with JINGERbread!! It took me WAYYYYYY too long to get that...

Spoiler

giphy.gif.619b6664391455f04fc5957a3caa86be.gif

That's actually really adorable and I hope she plays that up for all it's worth. 

On 11/21/2017 at 8:49 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

I didn't think it was a hint, I thought this was their actual fundie pregnancy announcement. Shows what I know! :pb_lol:

If that’s their pregnancy announcement then I can’t wait to see the JINder reveal. 

(I’ll take lame puns for 200 Alex... :pb_lol:)

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Maybe it was a gift, they know it was misspelled, so they hung it up, Instagrammed it to give the giver a thrill, and removed the offending sign shortly thereafter!  

No need to remove it after you've shown the typo to the whole world though, right? ;-)

The Pecan story is the gift that keeps on giving. 

On a side note, I miss that notjoshduggar instagram that was calling him TFDW.

That IG page was made by a friend of mine. She was shut down either by the Duggars themselves, or IG; the page didn't come down voluntarily.

18 hours ago, sta_sha said:

While I would love to see these two go head to head (my money would be on Jill...she seems scrappy), I don't think I could handle the hatred that would come spewing out of both of them. Definitely a dream fundie match up though!

I would also love these two go head to head, but the most desirable fundie death match is still Jill vs. Zsu. It would be epic!

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

That IG page was made by a friend of mine. She was shut down either by the Duggars themselves, or IG; the page didn't come down voluntarily.

That was a brilliant page you tell her that.  I LOVED that page 

I’m starting to see a pattern to Jeremy’s posts... puns, cheesiness and silliness.  Personally, my type of cuteness. I know his beliefs are horrid, but I still think his expression of love to Jinger is cute. 

17 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I’m starting to see a pattern to Jeremy’s posts... puns, cheesiness and silliness.  Personally, my type of cuteness. I know his beliefs are horrid, but I still think his expression of love to Jinger is cute. 

This is definitely overanalyzing his post, but it kind of seems like this picture is a response to all the comments that Jeremy only posts the pictures where Jinger's the one looking at him adoringly while he looks at the camera. Probably a coincidence, but I still found it funny.

44 minutes ago, JillyO said:

WTF is on his t-shirt?

It's a man running away from the world, toward the cross.

29 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's a man running away from the world, toward the cross.

Aaah, that makes sense (in their world, anyway :kitty-wink:). I thought on the right was some kind of monster. Didn't realize it was supposed to be a globe. LOL

21 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jeremy's probably thankful for having a meek wife he can mold into whatever he wants.

Isn't it ironic that the most laid back, shy and passive (not in a negative way!) Duggar daughter was the one who was given the spiciest and quirkiest name of them all.

I was thinking pumpkin pie, since I just got one out of the oven. I destroyed the pecan pie, but the blueberry and peach are good. I got it, finally.

27 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I feel like it's killing Jeremy to not look at the camera in that picture. lol 

Please take note that while he may not be gazing adoringly at the camera this time, his head is still firmly in the centre of the shot, whereas Jinger is off to the side and partially cut out of the picture. :pb_lol:

On 22.11.2017 at 12:40 AM, singsingsing said:

I find Jinger and Jeremy's social media game really stilted. Everything seems posed and scripted, so much so that it's almost uncanny valley. It's like the fundie version of a Coca Cola commercial, except they're advertising themselves instead of soft drinks. Not really a criticism, as I'd personally have no idea wtf to do with millions of social media followers, haha. I wonder if this is just exactly what they're going for, or if they'll loosen up with time.

Honestly, I know little about social media but if millions followed me, I'd do exactly the same. Pose for pretty pictures, post only the ones that I like or which I think are funny and/or answer a specific purpose (money/ads/raising awareness/etc.). I would not put anything on social media that would expose myself and my private life too much. I can't see anything wrong with how JinJer handle their social media. They're entitled to post or not post whatever they want. We have no idea who these people really are, what they are thinking, what they are feeling, and what their relationships are like. Personally, Jessa comes across as very snarky, authentic, and making the best of her situation. But her social media is also well managed. So again, who knows who Jessa really is? The image of this Jessa is what she is trying to sell to us. Jinger and Jeremy just seem like the more introverted type, Jinger more than Jeremy (obviously). As long as both treat each other well and respect each other, I have nothing to say (except for the paragraph I just wrote lol) about their relationship, whether they are happy or not and whether their social media presence needs to be authentic or not.

Or in other words: Whose social media presence isn't, in some way or another, stilted?

6 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Or in other words: Whose social media presence isn't, in some way or another, stilted?

I'm comparing them to other fundies on social media, though, and my personal feeling is that Jinger and Jeremy come across as stilted and phony in comparison to some of their fellow fundie social media users. They're all stilted and fake to some extent, but Jinger and Jeremy come across especially stilted to me. Again, that's just my personal feeling. Of course they're allowed to post whatever they want on social media. Like I said, it's not really a criticism, more of an observation in the 'hmm, it's interesting how they all approach social media in different ways' sense. I'd rather have them super awkward and transparently phony, honestly. I'm not cheering on fundies to have a great social media game, haha.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived