IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

I really really really want to go on FB and respond to today's doodle with only Hebrew 10:25 (in KJV just for Lori's benefit, bless her heart) - 

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

Then I would just sit and time how long it takes her to delete it.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Mellowing With Age said:

YES! My own children begged me to go to school, go to the Y for after school care, begged me to get a job. They were tired of me being with them 24/7. 

We do what works best for our family and that changes from season to season. I have done it all: homeschool, public school, private school. 

Fundies hate this, but it is also individual what is best for the child. One child may need that socialization and does best in a school environment while another child would thrive better with more individual attention whether in a smaller private school or homeschool situation. I think I would have done better in a homeschool environment because I was a very anxious child and school just made it so much worse. However, my sister was a very social person and I don't think she would have fared well. She needed the social interaction and loved it, having lots of friends and was very involved as class president, cheer team and captain her senior year, National Honor Society, clubs, etc, and she loved it and liked school. My younger brother probably would have done best in either a private school with a progressive environment or homeschool because he was very smart and after a couple years, even with an IEP, they didn't challenge him enough. At that point a change probably would have been best if available. 

But I mean, children as individuals with different needs, unheard of in fundieland. 

17 hours ago, EowynW said:

I have to eat very similar to her. She embarrasses me because she makes all of us more alternative minded people look like insane kooks. When most aren't. 

I'm not sure how she eats (The thought of eating anything from her kitchen scares me) but I do agree that people like her make some us look nuts.  I have to be on a very low carb diet due to diabetes.  So, I eat no grains/sugars/potatoes.  Actually, I eat very little root veggies or fruit, mostly green leafy veggies or cruciferous veggies.  I get the raised eyebrows every so often.  Ignore it.  Lori will jump on a new diet bandwagon when something else comes around!

16 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I'm really glad to hear this, for your sake & it encourages me. I found out this week that I'm pre-diabetic, my BP was elevated & my cholesterol could be better. My doc told me to cut out soda & exercise. He said losing weight would probably take care of all my issues. I don't want to end up on meds! So tonight I got on the expertise bike for 30 minutes, 7.1 miles, kind of slow but I did it!

If you are pre-diabetic, watch he carbs.  I don't tolerate carbs well at this point but my husband (also diabetic) can eat potatoes, rice, corn.  I wish more MD's would tell you this but you need a diet that works for you.  There is no one size fits all diet for pre-diabetes/diabetes.  Best of luck to you.  (Signed a diabetic on insulin gag!)

My daughter is a very social person. When she was in elementary/middle school, snow days were awful for her. I could just feel her mood dipping as the day wore on. She needed the social interaction of her friends. 

Thankfully, we live very close to our local mall; so I'd usually say "Why don't you call a friend and see if she can meet us at the mall. Or if her street is plowed, I can pick her up."  Just an hour or two interacting with her friends (it usually turned into a large group - yay for small towns) was enough to satisfy those social needs until school started again. 

We would have killed her spirit had we raised her like some of these Fundies raise their kids. Of course, that is what these parents want - to destroy any individuality in their kids. 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:34 AM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

The comments here are too good. Its clear now Lori shared this story just so all her fangirls can rush in and console her and offer prayers! Prayers because your iphone doesn't work? No wonder so many people with real problems are suffering. The prayer line is clogged up with trivial crap. How about the last one about depending on these devices so much?? Yet these very women tell other women give up your fancy iphone so you can stay home!

59de1d92450f6_applephone.thumb.PNG.f8c2b5f1c5a87f3b1d5291af3068fef6.PNG

Oh Lori, what an awful day you had ... your iphone, a flat tire and a laptop.  Good Lord, woman, you are complaining about that?  Isn't it ungodly to complain?  

Surely with all the serious problems in the world today, Lori could actually be doing some good instead of worrying about who works/does not and how submissive people are to their husbands. 

Why not really be Godly and work in a soup kitchen or with underpriviledged children ... umm scratch that .. NOT CHILDREN.  

13 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I like how there's real practical advice here. How did some of you break away from unhealthy carbs and sugar? I really need to make healthier choices but keep coming back to them when stress :(

Keep this in mind, this is what worked for me.  Your mileage may vary:  I had to go on  keto diet.  The first couple of weeks were tough but I did lose the daily cravings.  (Mind you, not all the cravings).  I also stress eat but I have a ready supply of keto snacks to help during those times.  I do slip every now and then but it gets easier as you go.  If you do decide to start eating low carb (or any diet for that matter) research it first.  When I first started eating low carb I jumped in blindly and it was rocky.  

They aren't children -- they are godly offspring (TM) -- a homogeneous group without any individual characteristics.

All godly offspring are exactly the same.  They act and behave exactly the same.  They never express any wants, needs, thoughts opinions, or wishes of their own. It never occurs to them that they could ever even have wants, needs, thoughts or wishes of their own.

It never occurs to the parents the godly offspring could have wants, needs, thoughts, opinions or wishes of their own.

Wants, needs, thoughts, opinions or wishes of their own are sinful, ungodly and blaspheme the Word. Wants, needs, thoughts, opinions or wishes of their own condemn them to Hell.

So fundie parents are thrilled to have raised automaton godly offspring who obey instantly -- always -- without a mille-nanosecond of hesitation

All of this is possible because godly offspring have been raised using the Pearl method of "beat it out of them" and parents follow Lori's advice to "hit harder."

The people I know who were raised this way did not turn out to be healthy adults.  It took a few of them years of therapy to get over their raising.  The majority decided not to have children for fear of snapping and turning into their parents. And a couple of them I know are repeating the same "beat it out of them" techniques on their children. 

Sins of the fathers indeed. 

My doctor sent me to a certified diabetic educator and she works with me to see what foods/med combo works. Also keep in mind that stress will make blood sugar skyrocket. Even she says one size does not fit all. Every person's body is different and reacts differently.  She did mention though that mixing some benefiber into a potato and pretty much whatever will help. Dreamfield pasta actually lowers my blood sugar. 

9 minutes ago, Liza said:

Oh Lori, what an awful day you had ... your iphone, a flat tire and a laptop.  Good Lord, woman, you are complaining about that?  Isn't it ungodly to complain?  

Surely with all the serious problems in the world today, Lori could actually be doing some good instead of worrying about who works/does not and how submissive people are to their husbands. 

Why not really be Godly and work in a soup kitchen or with underpriviledged children ... umm scratch that .. NOT CHILDREN.  

I admit I've had some times where I complain about stupid shit. But, with Lori's complaining it's annoying especially since she had a bunch of blog entries saying how nobody should complain about anything. Yet, she can complain all she wants. 

Lori, if you're reading here maybe your iPhone and laptop are being attacked by a higher power due to your bullshit dangerous "teachings".

She mentioned being on the phone with Apple and then going to the store. I really hope a woman either helped her on the phone or at the store. We all know that would have chapped her ass.

I grew up in a toxic "Conservative Christian" home. Every day I fight demons for how I was raised. Thankfully I broke the cycle on abuse. 

I was never allowed to do a lot of things growing up because the church I grew up in, didn't allow for it. My children, they are supported and encouraged to follow their dreams, no matter what it is. My children know they have my full support and unconditional love. 

It took me a LONG time to recover, and I am still recovering. There are so many things I missed out on because I wasn't allowed to do it. I hated my parents growing up and am so thankful that homeschooling was not on the radar back then. I went to both a private church school and a public school. Public school was my "escape." The kids there were so nice to me compared to the church kids. I HATED church as a kid, and for the most part, still do. I still don't like going, but will at times when my husband wants to. It has to be a hour or less though. The whole family integrated church....yeah, that was similar to my childhood church. Kids younger than one would be taken outside and spanked for not being still the two hours. It was horrible. I can't even handle visiting to this day because I am triggered. You could hear the children being spanked outside and hear their cries. Sickening. 

I think that Lori's daughters and daughters-in-law rarely (if at all) commenting on her FB and blog speaks VOLUMES. I can assure you that if I had a blog, my children would comment. My adult daughter says I am the best mom ever. I tell her I just try to be the mom I never had and wanted. 

Since Lorken reads here we will probably see them commenting on something very soon. :my_biggrin: She just has to find the right thing to write about. Her usual topics won't cut it. 

10 minutes ago, Mellowing With Age said:

I think that Lori's daughters and daughters-in-law rarely (if at all) commenting on her FB and blog speaks VOLUMES. I can assure you that if I had a blog, my children would comment. My adult daughter says I am the best mom ever. I tell her I just try to be the mom I never had and wanted. 

They way you grew up sounds awful. I'm glad you were able to break the cycle of abuse. You do sound like an awesome mom! 

That being said I am curious as to whether her DIL or daughter are ever on her page. I don't see them mentioned a ton unless I missed it. Being the psychology/ counselor person I kinda want to pick their brains about what they feel. 

From Lori's blog today: "It’s impossible to stop a woman who decides to be contentious (given to angry debate; quarrelsome, perverse) no matter how badly she is destroying her family. Yes, there are many women who are choosing to live in rebellion to God’s plan for them and will often use the excuse that their husbands aren’t loving them as Christ loved the Church."

How does she not see that this applies equally to men? -- "It’s impossible to stop a MAN who decides to be contentious (given to angry debate; quarrelsome, perverse) no matter how badly HE is destroying HIS family. Yes, there are many MEN who are choosing to live in rebellion to God’s plan for them and will often use the excuse that their WIVES aren’t SUBMITTING." 

Lori would suggest that the woman be meek and gentle and "win him without a word."  Why does she believe that women are so much more powerful and strong-willed than men?

I think I have finally figured out Lori's submission thing.  It's convoluted but bear with me.

Lori wants women to submit to their husbands because that what God says to do.

Ergo by submitting they are submitting to God.

Since God is kind, loving and forgiving, it doesn't matter what kind of abusive jerk ass-hat the hubby is, because the wife isn't submitted to him, she's really submitting to God.

So a submissive wife is supposed to stay with the ass-hat and submit., because who in their right mind would leave God. Which is what the wife would be doing if she left the ass-hat.

The wife may be physically married to the hubby... But ........ In essence the submissive wife is a "bride of Christ."  A Catholic concept as when nuns take their final vows they are then brides of Christ.  (Sshhhhhhh don't tell Lori)

Catholic nuns used to  wear a wedding dress, flowers, etc. and receive a wedding ring when taking final vows. Then they changed into the habit  I believe some orders still do.

Same here! We considered homeschooling because Mr. Hisey and I love to be around our kids and we love teaching them stuff. But the kids were horrified. They love their friends and the social interaction. They love the wide range of activities that school offers, that we never could. I like to teach my kids, but I could never teach algebra, do science experiments, organize the school play, show kids how to bind a book and run Science Bowl all in one day. Yet my kids experience all that in a single day.

Plus, if I were to be honest, I would start to go crazy having no time for myself. I don't have the right personality for homeschooling.

My general view is that school is best if your children are thriving there.  If your kids are unhappy (because of bullying, a learning disability, etc) or unsuccessful, then home is best.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

So a submissive wife is supposed to stay with the ass-hat and submit., because who in their right mind would leave God. Which is what the wife would be doing if she left the ass-hat.

I didn't know God needed 10 minutes and lube.

My catholic pastor really owes me a bees-and-flowers-talk. I never learned how to raise God's Almightiness. Is the rest on the seventh days God's equivalent of a human 30 minutes break? Was Mary's pregnancy a BC failure? So many questions...

Lori finishes todays post with this:

"Don’t wait until he’s the perfect husband that you believe he should be; for you will one day stand in the presence of the Lord to give an account for how you lived your life, not how your husband lived his"

I'm confused. If my memory serves me, she has said in the past that wives are responsible for their husband's souls and that the husband's damnation would be on the wife in God's eyes. So which is it? Or am I not remembering correctly?

To be fair, homeschooling doesn't automatically mean no similar age friends or activities. Homeschoolers have so many more opportunities today compared to when I was in school. 

But I definitely agree that not all child personalities are suited for being homeschooled. 

22 minutes ago, Red Jumper said:

Is the rest on the seventh days God's equivalent of a human 30 minutes break? 

I'm not Catholic, but my Hebrew professor one day came in to class and talked about the word used in Genesis where God rested and how the Hebrew structure and word choice carried with it the idea of "deliberately ceasing from the work which is never done/complete" - and that paradigm of Sabbath in the Creation account is meant to be a spiritual exercise of stopping work to enjoy what has already been accomplished before resuming work again.  We aren't supposed to be so focused on all that remains to be done in our world that we miss out on delighting what already has been made.  (i.e. "and God saw that it was very good") . . .

And internet usage takes another hit.

Instagram comment:

I would surely add that being engaged online is also a very easy way for anyone to become preoccupied with seeking others' approval. It's very easy with social media, online forums, blogs, etc to have it become a big problem. It's a great tool for people who are home most of the time to stay connected, but we always need to be making sure our interactions and presence online is for His good.

This is exactly what Lori has set up.  She is The Godly Mentor.  Her interpretation is the interpretation.  If you disagree with her, you disagree with God, and hate "his ways".

She sets rules and then does whatever the hell she pleases.  Meanwhile, her readers trip over themselves to get her approval.  They ask her questions as if they're asking her permission.  "Is it okay to...", "Would it be okay if I..."

The she spends "a majority" of her day "monitoring" other adults, but insists other women should be "keeping their homes".  She uses the internet as a tool to "roam from house to house" being a tattle-tale and a busybody.  She uses her blog to gossip about others, while elevating herself.  

I may not know a lot, but I am 100% certain that Lori hasn't used the internet for "His good", or anyone else's for that matter.  She is an opportunist, and she has only used it to benefit herself.

17 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I like how there's real practical advice here. How did some of you break away from unhealthy carbs and sugar? I really need to make healthier choices but keep coming back to them when stress :(

I'm doing the full on Keto diet. I've lost 40+ pounds, dropped 4 sizes, dropped my resting heart rate and BP, and many of my chronic stomach issues have cleared up entirely. I just started by eating lots of healthy fats and proteins, and I got so full from those that carbs just weren't as appealing as they had been. it was a slow process to go full keto (less than 25g of carbs a day), but it's really done wonders for me.

So with Lori's newest post (bleh) does she mean "away from men's praise" to mean mankind's praise or just men's praise? I'm gonna guess she means the gender. 

She can just put that post in the fire where all her other posts belong . I genuinely think the lack of good social interactions have caused some psychological damage because I don't know where she makes this stuff up I DO NOT do or study what I study so I can have men's praise (although I am only human). I do it because not only does it feed my naturally curious, nosey nature (training to be a counselor), it is my act of service. I'm literally serving the communities.

And a quiet, submissive spirit to stay home? Ha I've met plenty of house wives that while practicing tradition roles are anything but quiet.

I also think Lori mistakes loudness with just verbal loudness. No, Lori (and her alter ego Lindy)  are quite loud in not only spirit but on the Internet. 

19 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

I'm doing the full on Keto diet. I've lost 40+ pounds, dropped 4 sizes, dropped my resting heart rate and BP, and many of my chronic stomach issues have cleared up entirely. I just started by eating lots of healthy fats and proteins, and I got so full from those that carbs just weren't as appealing as they had been. it was a slow process to go full keto (less than 25g of carbs a day), but it's really done wonders for me.

I also should say, I found lots of great recipes and ideas on Pinterest, and lots of support on reddit's xxketo board (women only). The reddit board has a macro calculator that helps to get an idea of how much fat/protein/carbs you should be eating, and that was super helpful for me. Also, myfitnesspal app has been invaluable for me in tracking exercise and foods; they even have a low carb dashboard so I can see exactly what I've eaten and how many calories I've expended.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

And internet usage takes another hit.

Instagram comment:

This is exactly what Lori has set up.  She is The Godly Mentor.  Her interpretation is the interpretation.  If you disagree with her, you disagree with God, and hate "his ways".

She sets rules and then does whatever the hell she pleases.  Meanwhile, her readers trip over themselves to get her approval.  They ask her questions as if they're asking her permission.  "Is it okay to...", "Would it be okay if I..."

The she spends "a majority" of her day "monitoring" other adults, but insists other women should be "keeping their homes".  She uses the internet as a tool to "roam from house to house" being a tattle-tale and a busybody.  She uses her blog to gossip about others, while elevating herself.  

I may not know a lot, but I am 100% certain that Lori hasn't used the internet for "His good", or anyone else's for that matter.  She is an opportunist, and she has only used it to benefit herself.

She has not responded to me....I'm assuming it's because she knows exactly WHO I am talking about. I am surprised it hasn't been deleted yet. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

So with Lori's newest post (bleh) does she mean "away from men's praise" to mean mankind's praise or just men's praise? I'm gonna guess she means the gender. 

She sure seems to enjoy praise from men like Trey and Dave...just sayin'! 

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

She sure seems to enjoy praise from men like Trey and Dave...just sayin'! 

I personally avoid actually clicking on to her blog because Trey makes me want to throw up. I'm not as familiar with whatever crap Dave writes but I'm sure it's nothing good. But I'm sure she does like it because they affirm everything she writes and that's what she desires. But wait doesn't that mean she shouldn't be writing on the Internet cause she should be away from that type of praise 

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived