IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

And thanks everyone for all the healthy eating suggestions! It's good to hear from different people. I personally have done the keto but I find that I don't lose at super low carbs. I have to eat probably around 40 or so? But that's still pretty low. I just need self control lol.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please tell me, the most unsophisticated computer user this side of the Rockies, how I hide part of a post so only members can read it.  Speak slowly...

5 minutes ago, Carol said:

Can someone please tell me, the most unsophisticated computer user this side of the Rockies, how I hide part of a post so only members can read it.  Speak slowly...

I suspect that the only way to make something visible only to members, is to post it in a members-only section such as AYTFJ or possibly the community discussion or rules arenas?  (not sure about those two).

If you are in a forum/thread that is visible to nonmembers, then I don’t think there is a way to hide any part of a post.  But remember you have 90 minutes to edit your posts so perhaps you can delete anything you don’t want visible to the public?

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I personally avoid actually clicking on to her blog because Trey makes me want to throw up. I'm not as familiar with whatever crap Dave writes but I'm sure it's nothing good. But I'm sure she does like it because they affirm everything she writes and that's what she desires. But wait doesn't that mean she shouldn't be writing on the Internet cause she should be away from that type of praise 

Good call. Dave is even worse than Trey...hard to believe, I know! And you're right.  She seems way too pleased by their attention. 

image.thumb.png.665647de4bc9aecea8e06aa97e46caad.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9b03d775f46f09e71f8f1919a34ab3e5.png

Hopefully I did the spoiler thing right this time. But I wanted to throw this up here before it gets deleted. Although the typical "these women weren't really working outside the home" response would not be surprising. 

Lori (via Instagram)

Can you, by faith, trust God enough to go home full time and be a keeper at home so you can raise your children as God has commanded you to do?  Do you trust God to supply your needs for what He's commanded?  Remember, without faith it's impossible to please God.

*This* is what Lori's been building to.  Do you notice how craftily she works her way around to implying that if you don't stay home full time, you:

1) Don't trust God.

2) Can't please God.

That's not biblical at all.  It's the gospel of Lori Alexander.  She has squeezed the entire Bible into a tiny little box, and the things she has decided are "most important", are not what the Bible says are most important.

1) Submission (because Ken nearly left her and took her real love (money) with him.

2) Being a "keeper at home" (because she has always been too damn lazy to work)

But what does the Bible say are the two most important things?

1) Love God

2) Love your neighbor

When does Lori ever demonstrate love towards her neighbor?  Just this week, she trashed her neighbor's parenting skills and her son, while simultaneously elevating herself.  Pride.  Gossip.  Tattling.  All things the Bible warns "idle" women about.

I wonder how much damage Lori's "ministry" has brought to her family and church.  She has had two churches tell her she is not allowed to teach on their grounds.  She has scoffed at their admonishments, and gossiped on the internet about how wrong they are for not allowing her to do exactly as she pleases.

Her aunts have taken to her blog to correct her, she has been asked by Ken to change things (and refused).  All of that, to say nothing of the fact that she is constantly sowing strife among her readers.  Lori is always talking about fruit, but I would suggest that the "fruit" of her blog is bad.  

• Lori is highlighting a reader's comment about submission, which cites Abigail in 1 Samuel 25 as a good example of submitting and following your husband's lead no matter his behavior,  Abigail!?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she go behind her good-for-nothing husband's back and do the exact opposite of what she knew he wanted,  to save a bunch of lives?  And when she finally told him the next day, he basically died of shock and anger and she married someone else?  So the lesson is don't argue with your husband, just go behind his back and do what you want because otherwise his terrible leadership will have very bad results?   
  •  
  • How in the world do fundies spin the story of Abigail?

5 minutes ago, LizzieDawn said:
  •  
  •  

They pretend it isn't there. I was an adult before I read that story, which is remarkable considering I was taken to church three times a week since I was a fetus and thought I knew the Bible backward and forward. 

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

And thanks everyone for all the healthy eating suggestions! It's good to hear from different people. I personally have done the keto but I find that I don't lose at super low carbs. I have to eat probably around 40 or so? But that's still pretty low. I just need self control lol.

Every body is different, and that's what makes dieting so tricky. There is no one size fits all solution for every body. Keto at 20g or less works for me, but it absolutely well might not for you. You do what works best for your body and rock on sister! :my_heart:

I hate that she focuses so much on this submission thing. There's so much more to teach young women about as she claims to do. And her post about faith, the it's impossible to please God without faith is part of one of my favorite passages. Hebrews 11:1 is my life verse. However, that passage is all about people who actively put their faith in God and did bold things. They were leaders and often risk takers for God. They stood against armies and faced persecution. They could not always see God but they put their hope in things not seen.  

Lori had a wonderful opportunity to take that passage and speak something beautiful into the lives of these women but didn't. Instead more condemnation. When I went to get my degrees, I stepped out in faith. I didn't know what I was doing and neither did my parents since they didn't do college. I have been so incredibly blessed not only in my education but the people I have met. I have met such godly men and women who have poured into my life. Yet Lori would say I'm sinful for that choice, that those things are not from God.

I wonder how often does she step out in faith as these individuals did? If Ken was called to do ministry, to give up his business, sell the home, and move to the inner city would she do it? Would she put all that advices about frugal home making into practice? Would she minister to the young single mothers with offers of child care and cooked meals? Or would she refuse to give to the poor and not meet their needs?

Likewise just like I said about Lindy I really hope now that Lori has no health, car or life insurance if its all about just having faith and God will provide. When she got that flat tire I hope a tire fell down from the sky for her. But no doubt she probably called AAA or some car service or Ken to bail her out. With all her health issues, I think she needs to pay straight out of pocket for that. If she has strong enough faith surely God will wipe clean her bills.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Likewise just like I said about Lindy I really hope now that Lori has no health, car or life insurance if its all about just having faith and God will provide. When she got that flat tire I hope a tire fell down from the sky for her. But no doubt she probably called AAA or some car service or Ken to bail her out. With all her health issues, I think she needs to pay straight out of pocket for that. If she has strong enough faith surely God will wipe clean her bills.

This passage made me laugh because I'm going into the counseling field. You'd probably wouldn't be surprised, and Lori has advocated for this, the amount of people who are told just to pray their depression, etc. away. Uh no, God gave us mental health professionals for a reason, just like we have doctors. God can work miracles but he also gave us the ability to seek help. Her version of faith does not apply to her when she has a need to be met. 

1 hour ago, LizzieDawn said:

The spin I've heard (not specifically from fundies, though) is three-fold:

1. Abigail was not disobeying her husband, as he didn't specifically tell her not to feed David.
  2. Abigail was obeying God in doing what she knew to be the right thing to do.
  3. She did not nag her husband or express disrespect to him.

12 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

With all her health issues, I think she needs to pay straight out of pocket for that. If she has strong enough faith surely God will wipe clean her bills.

For some reason this made me think of a post she did on people filing for bankruptcy.  In the comments, someone brings up medical debt.  Lori's response is (predictably) disgusting.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/11/christians-declaring-bankruptcy.html

Follow up post, complaining that people were super duper mean to her:

When faced with real stories, she threw her hands up and played the "God will provide" card.

Just now, Koala said:

For some reason this made me think of a post she did on people filing for bankruptcy.  In the comments, someone brings up medical debt.  Lori's response is (predictably) disgusting.

Follow up post, complaining that people were super duper mean to her:

When faced with real stories, she threw her hands up and played the "God will provide" card.

She also doesn't tend to respond to those asking for prayer. She's averaging less than 20 or so comments on her posts after deleting, so it would be easy to say something like "of course! What can I pray for you about?" But nope, if she can't scold them she won't respond. 

Another thing you'll notice in those comments, is that she seemed to have a much larger readership.  Her posts these days are lucky to get a handful of comments.

It's also worth noting that this was around the time they began the process of convincing readers that Lori is a prophetess.  When Lori's readers called her out for being a graceless shrew, Ken replied with the following:

I think it is important to understand the difference between speaking the truth, and having grace for individual circumstances. Lori's prophetic voice (truth telling, not foretelling), gets to the heart of many issues and what God's best is for the believer. 

Lori can't be expected to show grace, she's a TRUTH telling prophetess!  Because of her "prophetic voice", she gets to determine what "God's best" is for other believers.

OK, who did this?:omg:  

On the right side of the page, "The Transformed Wife" on FB, you can click on, "Personal Blog".  It took me directly to a list of blogs written by a lot of half-nude women.

Let's see how long it stays like that.  We all know Lori and Ken read over here.  Just testing. :twisted: 

If she removes it, here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/Personal+Blog/keywords_pages/

2 minutes ago, Carol said:

On the right side of the page, "The Transformed Wife" on FB, you can click on, "Personal Blog".  It took me directly to a list of blogs written by a lot of half-nude women.

HA! Look at that! How does that happen??

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori can't be expected to show grace, she's a TRUTH telling prophetess!  Because of her "prophetic voice", she gets to determine what "God's best" is for other believers

I was thinking about this yesterday. This isn't about God, its about Lori's need to be right. I was reading Miracle in the Andes by Nando Parrado and came across the passage near the end of the book:

"There was a time when I wanted to know that God, but I realize now that what I really wanted was the comfort of certainty, the knowledge that my God was the true God, and that in the end he would reward me for my faithfulness. Now I understand that to be certain-about God,about anything-is impossible. I have lost my need to know....the best way to find faith was by having the courage to doubt.

@Koala

So they're putting her on the same level as Miriam, Deborah, Huldah, and Anna from the Bible?   That's insane and kinda cult like. Next step is buying some land and building compounds.  

I mean one of my old pastors claimed the gift of prophecy in the truth telling form but he did just that, did his best to always be truthful with his congregation. She doesn't speak truth, she's not even biblically literate. She has to have Ken come in and explain some of the "harder" stuff. Not that he's practically good at that. He lost credibility with me when he said feminism caused BPD.

I think this is what happens when you don't give women a voice in the church and tell them they aren't made in the image of God. They fall for false prophets. 

1 hour ago, Carol said:

Let's see how long it stays like that.  We all know Lori and Ken read over here.  Just testing. :twisted: 

If she removes it, here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/Personal+Blog/keywords_pages/

It's okay, everybody. I'm sure it's just Ken's reading list - for research ya know. 

Right about now Lori has decided Ken needs his lemonade RIGHT NOW! She takes it to his office and tries to open the door. It is locked. 

"Ken. I have your lemonade. I'm not late today. Ken?  Why is the door locked?"

"I'm not thirsty, Lori. Go away!"

"But your lemonade...What are you doing?"

"I'm doing research, Lori. This has nothing to do with you!  STAY OUT!"

18 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

My husband eats lower carbs (around 50g per day) where as I eat 20 to 25.  IT's whatever works for you.  

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived