IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

Lindy reminds me of a snotty receptionist who thinks it's her job to protect "The Boss" from the riff raff.  I call these miserable creatures Junkyard Dogs. 

I wonder of Lori has appointed her to this coveted position or if Lindy took the job herself. 

"No No, Mrs. Alexander. You relax. I'll take this one."  :leghumper:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Koala said:

It's worth noting that the neighbor used the exact same words as family and friends back in 2014:

"You did it right".

What a coincidence!

My idea of hell...It's judgement day and God says, "Lori and Ken did it right". :pb_surprised:

My idea of heaven...then God starts laughing hysterically and says, "I joke, I joke".

5 hours ago, Hane said:

1) As my sister the social worker often says, "You may be one car accident away from having to collect welfare."

2) Apparently Lori is unaware of the legions of men who are lazy and/or lousy money managers. No amount of wifely "submission" is going to turn them around.

*raises hand* Although I would not characterize my late husband as lazy, he was definitely a terrible money manager(he was chronically late with his rent while we were dating, which should have been a humongous red flag).  I can’t count the number of times our phone and/or cable were shut off, and I had to have them put in my name because that’s the only way they got paid(fortunately, utilities were included in our rent).  Eventually, we set up a checking account for me and a savings account for him at a different bank, and every payday, he would withdraw  everything but about $5 and blow it on video games/CDs/DVDs.  Shortly before he passed, he was talking about buying a plasma TV, and  I was like, “What good is that going to do us if we’re living on the street?”

48 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Reader:

Lori-Wannabe Lindy:

Could she possibly be any more snotty and smug? Lindy also said that "daycare is a daytime orphanage." :pb_confused:

Is it wrong that I want Lindy to start a blog that rivals Lori's and takes some of Lori's followers with her?

6 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Is it wrong that I want Lindy to start a blog that rivals Lori's and takes some of Lori's followers with her?

This would be awesome. Then they could have a blog war!

41 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I think I'd pay some money to see that. :pb_lol:

55 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori will dig into Lindy's life and find things to openly criticize in her blog. It's what she does when any of her followers get too popular. She does it out of love, of course.

OT, I just want to apologize for using the "Gross" reaction on a few posts. I did not realize it was a down vote (finally read the IMPORTANT PLEASE READ message). I just meant Lori is gross, not anyone on FJ. Sorry!

I don’t know how much longer I can look at Lori’s page... the comments are just as bad as her content, especially with people like Lindy... It is honestly just very discouraging. I used to get ramped up and have good conversations with my husband regarding Lori’s infuriating posts but now I just “suffer in silence” because her posts are too miserable and vile to be shared with anyone else...

Finally read her post for the day. I'd like to see her cite actual stats, just once. Children are no longer valued? Heck I've seen some parents treating their children like mini gods. There have been crappy parents throughout the centuries . I mean it wasn't unheard of for the Romans to just abandon their babies. The US allowed for child labor until almost the mid 1900s. Now adolescents lasts much longer and children get to leant and play. Yep, but we don't value children at all (eye rolls).

Again trying to blame women working outside of the home on things that happen because of all kinds of sin. Why are kids typically sent to foster care? Abuse, neglect etc. not stuff you'd see in a typical working mother home.

Abortions might just be at least partially connected to poverty. Also parents, especially Christian parents, often give little to no sex education for their children.

and finally.... She once again down plays the role of the father. For someone who's really interested in marriage, she certainly makes it seem like women are all single parents. Maybe it's cause she treats men like children so it's not a partner but another child. 

7 hours ago, Florita said:

OT, I just want to apologize for using the "Gross" reaction on a few posts. I did not realize it was a down vote (finally read the IMPORTANT PLEASE READ message). I just meant Lori is gross, not anyone on FJ. Sorry!

I did the same thing!  

So, a reader chimed in to ask for scripture references on some of Lori's teachings.  

Hall monitor Lindy immediately replied that she should read both of Lori's blogs, (because apparently, Lori's blog is now considered a sufficient scripture reference).

Then this reader replied:

No one should put you down because you don't work.  That being said-I highly suggest you avoid Lori's blog until you first study scripture's teachings-ground yourself in it.   Lori's word is not the same as God's word-Lori is full of human opinion, and lacking in scholarship. Come back to her blog for another opinion later if you think you should.  When you study scripture, it helps to study the historical and overall context of passages.    It is hard work but so worth it.  Don't be discouraged-keep Christ and the Gospel at the center of everything.  Don't fall into the trap of focusing everything you read in the Bible on women's issues because it is something vexing you right now...let the passages in their own context teach you what they are meant to teach.  Don't jump around picking verses or even entire passages/books out of context-this seems to happen quite a bit in this forum.   It is not Biblical to teach that a woman should not work outside the home .Any given woman has her own life to live under Christ's authority--and each life can be very different from another, except this, whatever we do-we do to the glory of God.  It is ok to wrestle with questions-we all struggle and wrestle in our faith.  God loves us-even while we don't have everything sorted out.  

Wonder how long it will take The Godly Mentor to delete that?  How dare anyone suggest that her word isn't God's word?!?

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Don't jump around picking verses or even entire passages/books out of context--this seems to happen quite a bit in this forum.

(my bold)

It's such a minor point, but Lori's blog is not a forum any more than FJ is a blog. Other than that, I loved that person's reply!

Lori's up bright and early, and all suggestions that her word isn't God's word have been deleted.  She absolutely will not have her readers thinking she does anything less than speak for The God of the Universe.

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Finally read her post for the day. I'd like to see her cite actual stats, just once. Children are no longer valued? Heck I've seen some parents treating their children like mini gods. There have been crappy parents throughout the centuries . I mean it wasn't unheard of for the Romans to just abandon their babies. The US allowed for child labor until almost the mid 1900s. Now adolescents lasts much longer and children get to leant and play. Yep, but we don't value children at all (eye rolls).

Lori changes her "message" as needed.  If you remember, on September 25th she wrote a post complaining that people make their children idols.

https://thetransformedwife.com/treating-children-as-idols/

She's a foolish, simple woman, who vomits out any thought that pops into her head.  

@AlwaysDiscerning offered a link upthread, and the crazy thing is, the off the charts crazy shit she says on her blog, absolutely pales in comparison to the stream of consciousness that is her chat room.  As someone else suggested, she has become the leader of her own little mean girl pack, and any legitimate followers she ever had have long since left her.  Now she's left with nuts like Hall Monitor Lindy ("Are you new here??" "Forget scripture!  Read Lori's blogs!"), and MRAs who are posting from their mother's basement.  

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

It's such a minor point, but Lori's blog is not a forum any more than FJ is a blog. Other than that, I loved that person's reply!

It drives me insane when people don't understand the difference and I've thought about it more than I will ever admit to.  I think it bothers me so much because 1) it shows the person doesn't know what they are talking about regarding the internet and 2) it's just WRONG.

Blog and forum are not interchangeable words.  They are 2 separate and distinct things and it seems like the people who don't understand that are ones that are so sure they are right about everything and smug.

4 hours ago, Koala said:

So, a reader chimed in to ask for scripture references on some of Lori's teachings.  

Hall monitor Lindy immediately replied that she should read both of Lori's blogs, (because apparently, Lori's blog is now considered a sufficient scripture reference).

Wonder how long it will take The Godly Mentor to delete that?  How dare anyone suggest that her word isn't God's word?!?

I was up at 5am and was reading this comment you left 45 mins ago at that point. I went to find the comment and it was gone so sometime within that 45 min time frame it was deleted. So around 2am pacific one of her army members or herself deleted it.  

Is this one of the comments in that thread that was deleted? The one who asked for references?

Screenshot_2017-10-10-21-03-31.thumb.png.5da114fe208d34d1fba85379aef53026.png'

Not this poor woman is trying to study and learn and she gets cast aside.  None of them really want to be bothered teaching. They want you to come in knowing it all clearly from the get-go or learn it the first time then shut up. 

Lori (via Instagram):

Spent my day with Apple on the phone and at the store. I lost all of my pictures, books on kindle, contacts, etc. and had to start all over. (frown face) Plus I got a flat tire on the way home and my laptop is blowing up. It’s one of those days but in the scheme of life, it’s really nothing. 

You're right, it is nothing!  Lots of people don't have the privilege of having such expensive devices in the first place.  

And remember:

We all complain...we all...it's really easy to complain, but I have found throughout my life that it never produces anything good, so I'm really careful to never complain...to learn to not complain about things.  And I try really hard not to.

And so, whenever my grandkids start to complain *empty-headed laugh*, I'll tell em', I'll say, "What did God do to the Israelites when they complained in the desert?"  And they'll go, *gasp* "They sent the snakes, and they...they bit em'!"
*evil laugh*  So I always tell em' that story about...to let em' know how much God hates complaining!

Even my little grandson was sitting here...he kinda hurt himself, and he was "whhaaaa".  *evil laugh* *incoherent babbling* And I said, "No, even if you're hurting, I don't want you to sit there and moan and complain, cause just cause you're not happy and not feeling good, doesn't mean you have to make everyone else that way!" 

This is what...how I taught my children when they were in pain.  You don't have to sit and moan and groan when you're in pain, just...you can learn to suffer in silence.

In conclusion, I would suggest that if the Lord sends snakes to bite small children who complain when they are hurt and in pain (as Lori hinted), then she might want to reconsider whining to the Internet about her expensive phone having a glitch, or her fancy car getting a flat.  After all, we are to suffer in silence.

Link to above quotes:

And, here we go again:

In the Bible, there were some women who worked from their homes. Lydia made purple material. The Proverbs 31 woman made sashes and girdles in her home. Priscilla was a tentmaker with her husband and most likely made them in their home. Rachel was a “shepherd” but I’m sure she was close to her home since she was still living with her father. There’s no mention of this being a “job” for Rachel but something she did to help the family until she got married but not ONE of them were submissive to a man that wasn’t their husband (a boss) nor did they leave their children in the care of strangers for hours every day.

Lori- You just made up every last bit of that.  You are using silence in scripture to conform (what you believe to be the Word of God) to your message. 

Silence in scripture IS NOT a prompt for you to make something up and teach is as gospel.

I know women who sell makeup, nutritional products, cleaning products, hair accessories, clothing, and other things from their homes so they can still be home with their children and husbands. If women in the Bible could do it, so can you, if you need the extra income.

Umm, yes you do "know women".  In fact, you are related to them, as much as you hate to admit it.

Your DIL sells make-up.  Her husband is an orthodontist.  Pretty sure they could make it with or without her income.  Also, pretty sure that she can't be compared to a single mom who has no husband to rely on.  Also, pretty sure that if she didn't have a husband, her make-up sales wouldn't pay the bills.

Your other DIL sells jewelry.  Again, her husband is employed, and clearly brings in enough to support the family.  NEITHER of these women are an example of how a single mom can make it without a real job.  

Oh yeah the instagram pic of her phone story!!! Meant to comment on that in my first comment today. 

The pooor princess....what a tough life!! Her apple phone crashed. I wonder if a female apple employee helped her and did she tell that woman to get back to the home? First world  problems. Maybe this is  a sign from God to give up all your worldly, expensive gadgets. Like all her commenters suggest. 

The comments here are too good. Its clear now Lori shared this story just so all her fangirls can rush in and console her and offer prayers! Prayers because your iphone doesn't work? No wonder so many people with real problems are suffering. The prayer line is clogged up with trivial crap. How about the last one about depending on these devices so much?? Yet these very women tell other women give up your fancy iphone so you can stay home!

59de1d92450f6_applephone.thumb.PNG.f8c2b5f1c5a87f3b1d5291af3068fef6.PNG

I enjoy watching the Duggar show Counting On. The oldest daughter, Jana, is 27 years old and still living at home. I see her doing home and decorating projects, helping around the home and with the children, enjoying time with her siblings, going on missions trips, and all kinds of various things. I also watch Hallmark movies. All the women are career women and there is never a woman in the home with babies and caring for them. Jana’s life seems a lot closer to what the Lord would have single women doing rather than pursuing careers, in my opinion. She is waiting on the Lord’s timing to bring a man into her life. All of the older Duggar daughters stayed busy around the home before marriage, then married, and began having children, if they were blessed with them.

What is the deal with Jana? All the other daugthers married young. I find it amusing that she is just suppose sit around waiting for God to plop a man in her lap. Are they not aware the more she waits the less likely she will have kids. She only has 10 good child bearing years left. Its like the Botkin sisters.

Some of Nancy Campbell’s and Debi Pearl’s daughters have businesses out of their homes. I know women who sell makeup, nutritional products, cleaning products, hair accessories, clothing, and other things from their homes so they can still be home with their children and husbands. If women in the Bible could do it, so can you, if you need the extra income.

They have no ideal what a huge social circle you have to  with people who have money to make this work. 

Yea I lived Jana's life and it sucked. I fell into depression and became ill. It was soul deadening and boring. It wasn't living or thriving. My "wasted" first 29 years will always haunt me in some ways. 

Reader:

I'm a little confused. If the Bible warns us against worldly wisdom, then shouldn't we stay off the internet?

No, reader!  The Bible commands Lori to be boss of the internet, so how can it be wrong??

Blessings!

Reader:

I hear you. I'm wondering the same. But I think it has helped me I a lot of ways too like Pinterest and this page. Hmm... I do know it can be a HUGE problem as far as how much time is spent online (Im so guilty) and what content you're concerning yourself with.

Lori better delete those quick, before the idea starts catching!  What would she do if these keepers at home started, you know...keeping their homes, instead of hanging on her every word all day long?

Who would she monitor "for the majority of the day"?  Who would she gossip to? 

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived