IGNORED

Lori Alexander 31: The Viral Godly Tudor

Another thing about selling products from home, the jewelry, makeup, etc. You have to be a good salesperson! And that is not for everyone. You have to be very outgoing, it doesn't really fit well with the "quiet and meek" woman they are all suppose to be.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son's first job after the Marine Corps was working tech support at Apple. He loved it.* He could have had Lori fixed up with a ten minute phone call. I would have actually connected her with him (because he has actually said "I love this stuff. Have anybody call me...") Alas, I am banned from her Facebook page and *stomps foot and crosses arms* there's no way she was going to get free help if I can't comment on her page.  I think her photos can be retrieved as well. I don't think all is lost as she wants us to believe. 

*My son actually flew home last spring to spend a weekend syncing my devices and getting a few bugs worked out of my computer. He actually enjoys working with senior citizens with their computer issues - he has helped his grandparents A LOT.  I've tried to tell him there is quite a business calling there. Many older people would love for a polite young man to come to their home and help them get things worked out. He is considering putting the word out with his mother-in-law's friends to get a feel for the response. Just something to do while he finishes his degree. Anyway...I digress. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

You can't lose your kindle books. Just download the app again and log in. 

When I read her complaints, I thought the same thing.  Amazon has a record of all book purchases, so you can reload the kindle at any time.  

Maybe this is her way of justifying her desire need to get a new iphone X?  Just like she needed new marble kitchen counters.

1 minute ago, crawfishgirl said:

Maybe this is her way of justifying her desire need to get a new iphone X?  Just like she needed new marble kitchen counters.

If this is true--and I bet it is!--we'll see a new post about it the minute she gets one!  :my_dodgy:

2 hours ago, Curious said:

Blog and forum are not interchangeable words.  They are 2 separate and distinct things and it seems like the people who don't understand that are ones that are so sure they are right about everything and smug.

Almost worse are the folks who call Lori's blogs "articles". To me, at least, "an article" implies some level of professionalism, research, and honesty. Sigh.

ETA--I'd love to watch Lori interact on a free speech forum like FJ. I wonder how long it would take for her head to explode if she couldn't delete comments she didn't like or edit her own comments after 45 minutes. :evil-laugh: Think of the betting pool we could have!

20 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What is it with always referring to kids as offspring? Godly offspring! It sounds so clinical yet pretentious. 

Because "fuck trophies" is too hard to spell correctly ?

You know, yes, diet plays a huge role in these things. But it's also genetics. And, some women just don't handle pregnancy well. If her dr says no more due to BP then that's certainly a good reason! 

Looks like facebook is down.....

well nevermind back now.

I have bp issues too, but oddly in pregnancy it was always the best ever. No pre-ecclampsia and its crazy to think but bp is lower when actually giving birth naturally than it is when I am just hanging around the house. 

The Dr. said it could kill her and Lori thinks a diet would help? Maybe its because I don't know much about this stuff but it seems silly. I'm assuming the Dr. would have suggested a diet change if he thought it would help. Now I have seen that type of diet help some people especially if they experience swelling but it won't fix everything. I am glad to read that Shannon doesn't plan on having more children and risk dying. Obviously, she's gotten advice to try and have another regardless of her health. If women are willing to quit their job and risk putting their children in poverty I would not put it past them to try something like this.

Also how many kids counts as a large family? Five? Seven? 

Can someone please share where the command for women to stay at home with children at home- all of the time- is located in the Bible? And where it says we are blasphemers if we don’t obey? And I know it’s been mentioned but seriously- what’s with the embellishment of scripture surrounding the Proverbs 31 woman? I don’t get it. 

Also- what do most fundie fathers do for a living? I get the sense that most of them don’t go to college. And I realize there is a Duggar thread but I have never watched the show- isn’t 27 way past the age of marriage for them? If Jana is oldest why isn’t she married? 

And I don’t understand why these women all  just seem to want sermons on God’s gender roles, biblical submission, and why women should only be keepers AT home. There is more to the Bible than that. I want to listen to something relatable and applicable. 

The more I dig into this, the more cult like it seems. 

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

This ^^^ is exactly what I was thinking. She is describing a problem with her phone now so when she gets her new iPhone, her fans agree that it was the logical choice and she can brush off criticism.

This Lindy person is really becoming a fixture on that page. She also has no concept of history. Women working outside the home is a feminist idea? I mean I'm a feminist and all but it's not really our idea. Sure we want it to be an option for women but it's not some new thing. Her saying that is a sign of privilege in many ways.  Poor women throughout the centuries have not always had the option to work from home. She should tell that to the women in the past who had to work as maids or nannies, or to immigrant, minority women and abused women who had to leave their husbands. It seems to me that throughout history most developed cities had some women who worked outside the home. Maybe in rural areas, there wasn't as much because there was farming to take care of IDK. And if I'm wrong about the historical part, feel free to correct me. 

22 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

The Dr. said it could kill her and Lori thinks a diet would help? Maybe its because I don't know much about this stuff but it seems silly. I'm assuming the Dr. would have suggested a diet change if he thought it would help. Now I have seen that type of diet help some people especially if they experience swelling but it won't fix everything. I am glad to read that Shannon doesn't plan on having more children and risk dying. Obviously, she's gotten advice to try and have another regardless of her health. If women are willing to quit their job and risk putting their children in poverty I would not put it past them to try something like this.

Also how many kids counts as a large family? Five? Seven? 

I have no idea if BP is inflammation related or not, but some drs don't really believe in in body inflammation or diets to help/or help inflammation for what part of your body is giving you trouble. As a thyroid patient, I've heard some insane things coming from (now former) drs laughing off stuff like that and telling me it's bullcrap and I'm clueless and "go on and eat xyz because it won't make a difference anyway." 

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

edit her own comments after 45 minutes. :evil-laugh: Think of the betting pool we could have!

Hush! Don't bust my excuse to refrain from always correcting my posts. I thought it's 15 minutes. As my mobile is geriatric, I might not be back in time, so no need to try.:pb_rollseyes: If 45min. is official, I'm officially lazy. 

Lori might be fine with 45 Minute. She manages to change her opinion, sorry God's truth, several times a day. He just needs to speed up a little.

But without the option of deleting her finger will fall off soon. Is there also  a betting pool for that?

2 minutes ago, Red Jumper said:

Hush! Don't bust my excuse to refrain from always correcting my posts. I thought it's 15 minutes. As my mobile is geriatric, I might not be back in time, so no need to try.:pb_rollseyes: If 45min. is official, I'm officially lazy. 

think it's officially 30 minutes? I said 45 minutes to be safe. I'm officially too lazy to look it up right now. :my_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Red Jumper said:

Lori might be fine with 45 Minute. She manages to change her opinion, sorry God's truth, several times a day. He just needs to speed up a little.

But without the option of deleting her finger will fall off soon. Is there also a betting pool for that?

You're right, Lori would be the "fastest draw in the West" when it comes to editting! I guess we could have multiple betting pools. Hmmm....

So, Lori stopped at four children because of very vague "health reasons"  (she's never even bothered claiming that a doctor told her it was unsafe to have more).  Her reader, on the other hand, has been told by her doctor that it is dangerous for her to have another child, and Lori's response is a flippant, "read this article and then have all the baybeez because I said so!"  Really?

I miscarried twice before my children were born.  After my fourth (and final) pregnancy, my doctor advised me that I should consider the strain pregnancy was putting on my body (I don't handle pregnancy well).  

I decided to get my tubes tied, but my husband felt like I'd been through too much physically, so he got a vasectomy. We have always been very happy with our family size.  No need for input from Lori.

9 years after my last pregnancy, doctors discovered I have a problem with one of my kidneys.  Turns out my doctor (not some Godly Older Busybody on the Internet) knew what he was talking about.

All of that to say, Lori *REALLY* shouldn't be doling out advice on the interwebz.  She has NO qualifications, her own health is a trainwreck, and she has admitted to accidentally hurting herself (on more than one occasion) by taking the wrong thing/too much of something.  

For some delusional reason, she thinks the shit she buys online is much better than anything a doctor can dole out.  She's wrong, and @Ken (who claims to oversee all of her online shenanigans) should really think about the potential impact if one of her readers takes her dangerous advice.   

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

Contrary to our edits she would do a full 180°. "I didn't say that , look at my post" *rewriting everything* "Oh I didn't say that, look at my post"*rinse and repeat*. She would need a fulltime helpmeet to approve any writing or editing . FJ needs additional viral and SEVERE income just to compensate the admin team for the hair loss :pulling_hair:

Is there really no Rufus-emoji? I'd like to pray to our Rufus just in case.

So Lori replied (twice) to the ladies who were concerned that they shouldn't be spending too much time on the internet.  Reply one makes no sense whatsoever.  Reply 2 assures them that they don't have to stay off the internet because godly wise people! :pb_eek:  I guess she means herself.  

Reply 1

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:" (1 Tim. 6:20) "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness." (1 Cor. 3:19)

Reply 2

We don’t have to stay off of the Internet if we use it to gain wisdom from godly people and share the truth of God’s ways. We are told to walk with the wise and there are godly and wise people we can learn from on the Internet!

Besides that, if women stayed off the interwebz, what would become of her Godly Army??  Who would help her delete??

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

She should tell that to the women in the past who had to work as maids or nannies...

I know you're talking about Lindy here...but why didn't Lori tell her 'nanny from heaven' to go be a keeper of her own home? 

And as for the diet Lori talks about...high blood pressure can be caused by many things. Diet can contribute, yes, but things like kidney disorders, sleep apnea, thyroid problems, adrenal gland tumors, metabolic disorders, blood vessel defects, etc, and sometimes the doctors don't even know what causes it, so why are we supposed to just take Lori's word that it's 'inflammation'?  If that poor woman actually takes Lori's bullshit advice, and suffers health problems, or even dies because of it...well, I don't even want to think about that. 

a couple things:

1. It's actually 90 minutes to edit your posts :)

2. Pain can spike your blood pressure like no ones business.  My pain is will controled now so my bp isn't an issue other than when it rats me out when I've having a bad pain day and am denying it's happening ;)

This has nothing to do with anything currently being discussed on LA thread today. When I logged onto F/B this am (yes, it has taken me this long to get through the new shit that Lori is spewing to make sure nobody else has mentioned it. I was reading only when reports were running.)

Anyway- I was greeted with: 59de7966022f3_girlleaders.JPG.11b601fac7e82c596346bd4049bceef1.JPG

I bet that just burned Lori's ass this morning! Made my day thinking how much it would piss her off. I wonder if any of her fan girls put it on their profile.

I don't know why didn't notice it before but on IG Lori describes herself in this order

Wife, Mother, Blogger, Lover of Jesus

Funny the Jesus part comes last. Blogger before Lover of Jesus. Or Lover of Paul as the case may be....

4 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I don't know why didn't notice it before but on IG Lori describes herself in this order

Funny the Jesus part comes last. Blogger before Lover of Jesus. Or Lover of Paul as the case may be....

she doesn't list grandma or grandparent at all.  That's a bit telling, IMO

6 minutes ago, Curious said:

2. Pain can spike your blood pressure like no ones business.  My pain is will controled now so my bp isn't an issue other than when it rats me out when I've having a bad pain day and am denying it's happening ;)

Oh SO true!  My file has a note about this in it.  I come from a family that tries to "tough through the pain" too much.

I had surgery a couple of years ago where I was supposed to be just a 24 hr hospital stay and they were going to admit me for longer because my bp was so high. I told the nurse I needed more pain meds and it would go down.  The night nurse did not believe me and refused to give me more pain meds.  I mentioned it to my doctor on rounds, and she went to get the morning shift nurse, she came in, injected pain meds into my IV and within 5 minutes, my bp was normal. My doctor stood there watching and said "well, look at that!"

So when I went in to her office a few months ago with the worse sinus infection I'd ever had, and my doctor noted my bp was off the charts again, she stopped, said "you're in a lot of pain" - and gave me pain meds as well as the antibiotic I needed.

"inflammation" may have been a symptom of what was wrong for both the above, but it was a symptom and not the root cause. . . 

• mango_fandango locked this topic
  • laPapessaGiovanna unlocked and locked this topic

Archived