IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Joy was speaking out of ignorance. She really doesn't know anything about a public school graduation. It's not just limited to a walk across the stage and a diploma. There can be a dance, party, trip to an amusement park, etc. Joy is just repeating what she's been told.

I thought there was an incredible amount of disdain and condescension to her comment.  She (incorrectly) summarized graduation events as merely walking across stage for a diploma, then rolled her eyes and dismissed it all as "BOR-ing." 

While I understand she's a sheltered teenager who's been raised with a superiority complex, it was still a shitty moment that demonstrates the typical Duggar understanding of and compassion for others...which is to say, neither exist. It's such an extreme Us v. Them mentality.  

And of course, now that sheltered teen (whose post-graduation plans were to help around the house, remember? A FAR superior plan than what some secular heathens would do, like attend college :roll: total waste of time, amirite?) is a married and pregnant teen, who will soon have her first child and later embark on homeschooling. Good thing she's so highly educated and articulate! Surely her children will be intellectually challenged and thrive.  /sarcasm

*I know it's harsh and I know she's 19.  But JillRod's daughter's courtship has me a bit more terrified of and disgusted by fundie matchmaking and early pregnancy when the children are all so. completely. uneducated. whatsofuckingever.  It's horrifying to see the long term repercussions of these insane lifestyles -- lifestyles which they use to justify treating everyone not like them horribly.  Like Pence as VP, wanting to hang all the LBTQIA+ people. I just can't see her bitchy remark as flippant today, when fundies are using their platform to hurt so many others, both at home and abroad. 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BlondeIdol said:

Wow, I know the Duggars were/are very limited in social interaction/obviously not very educated but there is so much hate for homeschooling on here.

As someone who was homeschooled, started college at sixteen, has a GED but also went to highschool graduations for friends and family members, because I had plenty of opportunities to socialize, traditional highschool graduations are boring as hell.

My post had nothing to do with homeschooling and everything to do with Joy's holier than thou attitude about  how others celebrate.  

I grew up with homeschooled besties, married a homeschooled boy, my kids have homeschooled friends, and none of them are as us vs them quite like the Duggars, so yeah, this isn't a homeschool  thing so much as a Duggar superiority complex showing it's ignorant head.

I was in the hospital and got a chance to watch the show. Hmmmm..... so much more to shark on when you watch it.

1. Has Jackson matured even one iota from when he got lost going ALONE to the bathroom in Newark air port at age 3 or 4 the 1st season? Was that little cousin Oliver with him?

2. A scene of Joy shopping for a dress (this may have been watched in a clip--I was pretty foggy last week) was like prom dress shopping with the kid whose parents are forcing her to go to the prom with a business associates' visiting child or someone like that. What a brat....

3. Jason!!!! Holy! Holy! Hot! till his hair starts thinning next week....

On 10/14/2017 at 9:38 PM, IamNIKE said:

"buy used, save the difference"

In their defense (gag) they said in their book they did that to get a solid financial footing and not go into debt. It's never meant that they ONLY buys used. There's never been any evidence that JB actually totaled the difference and socked it away (my pet peeve with the statement).

The house is neat because the kids aren't allowed many toys or possessions and they have that room-sized family clothes closet, although it seems the girls moved their stuff upstairs. Imagine if all the little kids had the normal range of Barbie paraphernalia, lego shrapnel field, PlayMobile/PolyPockets/MyLittleHamsetCaveSweetShopSewer.... Where would they all live? lol

21 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

The house is neat because the kids aren't allowed many toys or possessions

Pretty sure they've got a good-sized playroom to the right of the front door (as you walk in).

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Pretty sure they've got a good-sized playroom to the right of the front door (as you walk in).

This. I thought they had lots of toys and whatnots and they were just in the play room directly below the boys' room.

In terms of household state, I support pretty basic standards. We have an indoor, large, dog, so we have dust and hair. She also can go in and out on her own, so she drags stuff inside on her fur. I do not consider the Duggar's house to be overly neat or clean- Not my circus, not my monkeys.

If I remember correctly there was a Harry Potter broomstick toy that actually vibrated. Designers obviously didn’t think that one through. I am surprised that they were allowed to use them too since some fundies think it’s immodest for a girl to sit on a fence in front of a male. Apparently it will make the guy wish he was the fence. 
Didn't Zach Bates ex sit on a fence for some pictures or am I miss remembering the photo.

55 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

They do--but it did not used to have those kind of toys. Big stuff that groups can play with. They had obvious product-placement toys but they've said they do not allow a lot. It's better to do things as a group--chores, etc. They do seem to allow toys that "run 'em down" like scooters and bikes, but not indoor or quiet play. They lost girls had dolls. They really keep it to a minimum.

18 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Didn't the boys have a slide from their dorm to the playroom?

I remember that. I thought it was kind of cool. 

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Though I would love to read one of your recaps, the give no fucks snark level would be off the charts funny. :pb_lol:

awe thank you :) after the weekend I had (missing DD's concert) (but just saw GA filming today- cosmic joke) I would have loved to snark 

but alas not today - Carm will be amazing 

We get a Joe primping in the mirror scene 

Joe and Kendra were best friends in the entire world before they starting courting 

who believes that? 

Now I'm bitter about Kendra AND Lauren's hair!

Damn, man.

I'm just going to say they're wearing wigs so I can feel better about it all.

Joy’s Wedding…again!

-          Today’s recap is brought to you by Maynards Halloween candy; fuzzy peaches, sour patch kids, Swedish berries, and Swedish fish will get me through the day.

-          Two hours of Duggar wedding bliss.

-          2 full minutes of previews of what they are going to show us and have previously showed us.

-          Flashbacks to flashbacks of things that we have already seen, probably more than once. Sacred Jesus!

-          In a few days Austin and Joy will be getting married. I’m so excited.

-          Fuck the Dullards are back. Jill and Derick are coming back just in time.

-          Austin says that it has gone by quickly.

-          Jessa says that she’s glad that Jill is coming in before the wedding. She hasn’t be involved.

-          The littles run toward them. I would be running away from Derick. As far away as I could get.

-          Jill says that it’s such an exciting time. She takes Henry and calls him a chunky one.

-          Seeing Jessa with her second makes Jill think about their second which is coming very soon. They aren’t falling behind.

-          Joy says it’s the first event of their wedding week and things are going to go up and up and up.

-          Fuck Mizz Renee. That woman makes me grind my teeth so much that a candy won’t make it better.

-          Joy says that her dress buying was overwhelming. Flashback to Joy not giving a fuck about the dress. Getting nervous isn’t going to help, yes that does help.

-          Fuck Mizz Renee. God dammit!

-          Jana says that they are super excited to see how it turned out. It’s hard to picture the whole thing in your mind.

-          Yeah, the dress doesn’t impress me much but I hope that she liked it. It’s crazy to see Joy in the dress Jill said.

-          Jessa says that seeing her in the dress was amazing and she’s a stunning bride.

-          Mizz Renee keeps talking and I am just not listening. I’m sorry that woman stresses me out because she annoys me.

-          Kendra has lots of thoughts about the future. She’s not exactly sure when but it does make her think more about how it’s going to be heading in that direction.

-          A shot of the back and how badly fitted it is. Whoo hoo that’s the way you design the dress.

-          Here comes the bride tripping down the aisle says Jessa.

-          Johanna says that the dress is stunning.

-          Joy hopes that he thinks that it’s pretty but he might think that it’s pretty ugly, not. He will probably cry when he sees her.

-          I really don’t like those sleeves.

-          Last event before the rehearsal. She’s glad to have the dress. She wants the rehearsal and the wedding to happen.

-          Joe is shining up his cowboy boots to get ready to get Kendra and Lauren so that they go to Jessa and Ben’s. It’s a different atmosphere to what they have been able to do then in the past. Spending time with a smaller group.

-          Jessa and Ben are talking about what they have to do for the dinner. Jessa is super excited to have a brother in a courtship and Kenda is sweet. Kendra and Lauren are so much alike.

-          Joe say that seeing Jessa and Ben and their two kids give them something to look forward to.

-          Is Kendra a leftie? She seems to be chopping things with her left hand. They have been courting for two and half months. Things are going really well.

-          Jessa asks how long they’ve known each other and Joe says 6 years. Jessa says that Ben and her only knew each other for four months. Ben jokes that they know each other longer then him and Jessa.

-          What do you y’al think your timeline is going to be? Not super long says Joe. Jessa says “Well I agree with that.”

-          He felt that the lord told them that she was the one for him.

-          Lauren says that she has already cried because she’s going to miss Kendra. They have already been best friends.

-          They’re talking about how Kendra didn’t’ really notice Joe.

-          Jessa didn’t think that Joy and Austin would end up together. Joy and Austin are one step ahead of Joe and Kendra. They know where their relationship is headed and now Joe is getting ready to ask her to marry him.  

Back in the day, the Lord told me Keanu Reeves was the one for me, and how did that turn out?  Hmmm.

Bitter x 2 now!

Ohmygawd. Austin and joy are staying in an old RV next to the Little House of Horrors. 

How old is Kendra's father 12?

Awe flashbacks of Derick and Ben asking for their women and I am being snarky 

Jeremy of all has the guts and greace

So the show is on and I'm hemorrhaging brain cells by the second. It's been long enough since I last saw this Extravaganza of Boredom that I seem to have forgotten how vapid it is.  (Do we really need to hear such inciteful commentary as,"What do you think of  Joys dress, Johanna?  It's beautiful!")

Why the fuck is this thing still on tv?   

It’s a bit like Stepford Wives isn’t it? I’m bored already

-          So after months of planning, it’s coming down to the last few days. Joy’s not nervous just excited.

-          They rebuilt the house basically, it’s not finished, not even close. So they’re not going to be living in the house.

-          It didn’t go smoothly and there weren’t enough days. That would be because you have super short engagements.

-          Austin is showing us around the house. They are going to be living in an RV. They have it parked beside the house.

-          It’s their humble abode for a little while at least. Joy has put some of her touches around.

-          Hopefully the house will be done in a month, maybe not completely finished.

-          Guys, you go on a honeymoon for a really long time.

-          Joy said maybe a month and a half. Looking all coy. Well now we know why she got pregnant so quickly

-          Joy has picked the sides of the bed already.

-          Joe is going to ask Pastor Caldwell a very important question. He’s so young looking, it’s frigging creepy. Anytime the guy goes to ask the father of the girl he wants to marry that he’s a bit nervous.

-          Joe has his red shirt on, he’s all dickied up as we say here. Do you really think Pastor Caldweel doesn’t know what’s going on with the cameras? He’s a lot more dressed up then he was when Joe asked about courting. That’s for damn sure.

-          “Well, that’s a big step.” Says Pastor Caldwell

-          “I think that a guy asking a girl’s father for permisiion might seem a little old fashioned but I think it’s respect for the people who brought her in the world and raised her.”

-          Derick was more nervous about courting.

-          Jeremy would have asked again and again if JB said no.

-          Austin spoke from his heart

-          Pastor Caldwell says that they’ve talked for many hours and he does think this is where the lord is leading them but he is taking one of his most precious gifts. I mean, I like the sound of that but does Pastor Caldwell really mean that or is he just talking the talk.

-          Joe says it’s exciting times. He says it was a good feeling and now all he wants to do is propose to her.

-          Joe says that Kendra is one of Joy’s bridesmaids, he wants to ask Joy if when she goes to throw the bouquet that if she could give it to Kendra and then eh could get down on his knee and ask her to mary him.

-          Might have to pick her off the floor, be ready for that. Pastor Caldwell says. He’s really attractive. I’m so skeeved out that I find him attractive. Like seriously, if I saw him on the street, I’d check him out. Before he asked me about my personal relationship with Jesus.

-          Joy and Austin thought that it was really cool and they were excited for it. Of course they were. So that they could sneak off.

-           Kendra and Joe are an amazing fit says Jinger. Kendra is more outgoing and Joe is more quiet until you get to know him. They have a good balance for each other.

-          Jana says they are in love and hardly ever see them apart. They’re always talking. They’ll make a great couple.

9 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Back in the day, the Lord told me Keanu Reeves was the one for me, and how did that turn out?  Hmmm.

Bitter x 2 now!

When it comes to duggars/fundies (this isn't directed at you hun ;) ), always talking about the "Lord/God telling me" . . . I always snark to myself, "God didn't talk to Mary, his babymama, in person - but sure he talked to you directly."

Spoiler

giphy-11.gif.3df8ca48abe47d0ee33c3685f6fe1603.gif

I thought that Duggar boy said "weed" at first and thought this show was going a whole different direction.

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived