IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

My husband has gotten into watching Counting On with me so he can make inappropriate comments while it airs. Here's one from last night. 

Producer asking Joy a question on TV: "What was it like being between two older boys and six younger boys?"

My husband: "Sexy."

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, saywhat7 said:

I haven't watch the whole episode but in my opinion Joy is becoming much less likable. I personally have nothing against homeschooling. I think it can be done great but the kids I know that homeschooled went onto to be successful in college and have great careers. One now is a stay at home mother but that was her choice after college and a career. We all knew they were sheltered but the argument has been that since they travel they are less sheltered. She doesn't even realize a lot of people have parties to celebrate their high school graduation AND celebrate them going onto college or starting a career.  What was she celebrating, moving on to help her mother and waiting for a husband. 

Also these people are getting so boring that even this site doesn't move as fast as it has. 

This episode was filled with flashbacks (so extra dull), and I'm pretty sure Joy's comment about how boring it is for regular high schoolers to graduate compared to the Duggar Academy graduation party was from an old episode. 

Personally, I've never seen Joy's appeal since she started getting older - she really took to bossing the younger kids around once Jill started courting Derick. I think this recent season has featured Joy even more so we're getting a greater glimpse into her personality than ever before (I will admit, she's under a high pressure situation with a wedding so it's not a completely fair portrayal since that's not an every day occurrence).  Joy, however, has come across as bossy and a little uppity for a while now. Although I do think many of the Duggars have an air like they are special and are the only folks who are going to get a seat in Heaven. 

I'm hoping that with time and more experiences, Joy will mature since I do think many of her annoying qualities stem from immaturity. 

50 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The families have known each other for 15 years, she didn't like him at first, well duh she was 5 when they met. He started hanging around the house when she was 12, he was 16 and could drive to the TTH, she was still swinging from trees at 12 so she started liking him maybe 2/3 years ago, to a 19 year old that is a long time.

5 year-old Joy was harsh, judging a 9 year-old for being immature :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, ThunderRolls said:

I'm hoping that with time and more experiences, Joy will mature since I do think many of her annoying qualities stem from immaturity. 

I agree, my son comes off like this a lot as well, a know it all who knows everything about everything. He's 30 days younger than Joy so I really do think it is just the season of life they are in.  :pb_lol: That season being I'm a selfish asshole who needs to get his/her head out of his/her ass.

Slow internet messed with my post to make it unreadable.

Edited within the time-frame all of my fellow FJers can use.

48 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

My husband has gotten into watching Counting On with me so he can make inappropriate comments while it airs. Here's one from last night. 

Producer asking Joy a question on TV: "What was it like being between two older boys and six younger boys?"

My husband: "Sexy."

Wow, am I really the only one who thinks this is an incredibly messed up comment? I'm sure your husband didn't mean anything by it - I'm sure he doesn't know about the Duggars' history, the molestation scandal, and so on - but knowing all of that, the joke seems in really poor taste. 

13 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Wait, so a kid was crying and Jessa went to deal with it? Not Jana? Even though Jana was there?

because it was her kid 

Is Jessa hanging out at TTH all day with the kids? If she doesn't cook much, what are they eating? It's a pain to go out to eat with a toddler and a baby twice a day so it's either a lot of delivered stuff like pizza, or she buys pre-made things that she just has to heat up (though she burned an instruction manual in the oven so heaven knows if she's capable of heating a frozen lasagne), or she is at TTH eating whatever Mother Jana cooked that day. It's pretty appalling actually for somebody like Jessa to do so little. Yes she's got young kids but so do many of us who also had full time jobs AND cooked dinners most of the days of the week. And I remember her sisters coming over to help clean the small house. Honestly she sounds super lazy and people give her all this credit for her cute boys and Instagram...hello, that's apparently all she does all day. 

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Is Jessa hanging out at TTH all day with the kids? If she doesn't cook much, what are they eating? It's a pain to go out to eat with a toddler and a baby twice a day so it's either a lot of delivered stuff like pizza, or she buys pre-made things that she just has to heat up (though she burned an instruction manual in the oven so heaven knows if she's capable of heating a frozen lasagne), or she is at TTH eating whatever Mother Jana cooked that day. It's pretty appalling actually for somebody like Jessa to do so little. 

not only that - but calligraphy scene was just so BORING.  and making Jana do all the work endlessly. 

it must be one BORING house. 

Jessa reminded me of that family member who has these "great" ideas, and then other people actually have to do the work.

Come on Jessa, you regift some kitchen gear -some you collect from the bottom of a kitchen cabinet!- and throw it in a basket: "Here you go Joy, I don't really cook so you can have all this random stuff others have bought for me."

Jinger has to go out and spend $$ on "the blue theme", cause you know Jinger likes to shop ... 

And I noticed that suddenly both Joy and Jinger are cooks now!! I noticed before that Jinger made Jeremy fajitas or tacos effortlessly while the story line was that the girls couldn't cook. Blah blah

Personally for Jessa's mental health and the general good outlook of her boys not to be alone all day with small children but having company and help is very good. Not something I had. Just the variety is good. In general. 

30 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

And I noticed that suddenly both Joy and Jinger are cooks now!! I noticed before that Jinger made Jeremy fajitas or tacos effortlessly while the story line was that the girls couldn't cook. Blah blah

Jana, Jill & Jinger always cooked for the family, those BS "we are ding bats" in the kitchen was for show. I believe Jessa doesn't cook, But the rest of them do, you know there is no way Michelle is cooking for them. I'm sure Hannie and Jana are the cooks of the house. Considering only Jinger and Joy have REALLY left the TTH, that is a whole lot of mouths to feed.  Izzy is  always over there meaning Jill is as well.

And I'm back on the "something happened to Samuel" bandwagon. There is a reason we don't see him very often, he's 3 months old now he should be getting into that cute smiley stage, no longer a blob of screaming, pooping, eating annoyance that is a newborn.  We've only seen what 4 maybe 5 photos of him since he was born.  They are refusing to talk about his birth and the Dilldorks have all but abandoned Counting On, they are post hate tweets or the occasional IG of Jill being all Godly or how big and cute Izzy is, but nothing about baby Samuel.

@allthegoodnamesrgone with regard to Samuel I sincerely hope you are wrong. It is suspicious we don't see him, or much of them in post pregnancy. Maybe DWreck is too busy composing biblical tweets. Guess there's not an app for that, lol. 

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone with regard to Samuel I sincerely hope you are wrong. It is suspicious we don't see him, or much of them in post pregnancy. Maybe DWreck is too busy composing biblical tweets. Guess there's not an app for that, lol. 

I hope I'm wrong too, it is just so weird that they have been basically radio silent since his birth. And the few bits they have put out there it is like "yep here we are, family of 4 nothing to see here".  If they are just done and over the TV show a simple Tweet, IG message or FB message saying "We've decided to leave the spotlight and leave that to our siblings and their families. We wish to focus on our growing family and our ministry.  Thank you for your loving support, God bless.  The Dillard's. 

That statement there would make most everyone say "ok see ya" and they could fade away to what ever life they want but instead we get nasty tweets and weirdly timed photos.  I'm expecting to see a pic of a smiling Samuel in the next day or two if enough people here talk about it.

I dunno . . . I think that if something really had gone wrong at his birth or if something were wrong with Samuel, that the Duggars would be using that as an opportunity to show how Jesus works miracles and let him live or that even if he isn't perfect, he's still a speshul gift from God. (And that the rest of us are horrible heathens who never stop having constant abortions.)

So, I believe (and hope) that he is just fine.

13 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I hope I'm wrong too, it is just so weird that they have been basically radio silent since his birth. And the few bits they have put out there it is like "yep here we are, family of 4 nothing to see here". 

It's super weird especially because these fundies LOVE babies and really emphasize their new babies. Oftentimes the older kids are forgotten entirely. Maybe not this early when there are only 2 of them but as you add more and more, the fundie Moms will constantly post about their blessed new pregnancy and the blessing once it's born. Babies are literally #1 in their world. It makes absolutely no sense that Jill is almost pretending that Samuel doesn't exist by comparison. Notice that he also doesn't appear in Instagram photos from the other Duggars whereas we see Izzy, Meredith, etc a lot. And if they're wanting to leave the public eye then asking for $ from the public, having Derrick tweet like an asshole all day long and Jessa posting photos and videos of Izzy on a regular basis totally defeats that purpose.

ETA: I think it's just as likely (if not moreso) that something went wrong with Jill and posting about Samuel would be a reminder of that. 

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Is Jessa hanging out at TTH all day with the kids? If she doesn't cook much, what are they eating? It's a pain to go out to eat with a toddler and a baby twice a day so it's either a lot of delivered stuff like pizza, or she buys pre-made things that she just has to heat up (though she burned an instruction manual in the oven so heaven knows if she's capable of heating a frozen lasagne), or she is at TTH eating whatever Mother Jana cooked that day. It's pretty appalling actually for somebody like Jessa to do so little. Yes she's got young kids but so do many of us who also had full time jobs AND cooked dinners most of the days of the week. And I remember her sisters coming over to help clean the small house. Honestly she sounds super lazy and people give her all this credit for her cute boys and Instagram...hello, that's apparently all she does all day. 

Jessa must be lonely at home with two babies all day. It seems like she is there a lot, same with Anna's kids. Maybe their rationale is that the younger kids are gleaning some of that exquisite SOTDRT knowledge?

More likely, Jana and Laura are basically running a free Duggar Daycare. 

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.578bca3fd637865236058ab5f1c15ccd.png2.thumb.png.6066e454dab7b68ead53ab1d38ffd560.png3.thumb.png.fbb30bfc88013ffd5b21869167406dba.png4.thumb.png.fdec264d3beb632a59c4348c8dbe4611.png5.thumb.png.f9507b4c0101d13daced53c44302387d.png6.thumb.png.f541380d0afd103efcefd4c9030ab640.png7.thumb.png.c3d75531adf0a7ed8f9ea4e80271844d.png

I noticed this interaction between Josiah and Laura during the shoe game. He touches her arm to get her attention and maybe tell her a joke. It may be my imagination, but is there a bit of flirting going on here?

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

More likely, Jana and Laura are basically running a free Duggar Daycare. 

Yes, this is more likely the case. TTH is still a place to dump kids on Jana and now Laura to take care of.  

3 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

No wonder the girls got married. Its great. From the moment you start courting you don't have to do anything again ever in your life. No more chores, no more cooking, nothing. You don't have to cook dinner for your husband, you don't have to clean your free house, you don't even have to take care of your kids. Even though your husband doesn't have a job and neither do you. Unless your unlucky enough to have your husband drag you all the way to CA, its the perfect life. Go on vacation? Well, your certainly not going to take care of your kids bring Aunt Jana and Laura along so they have to deal with them so not to ruin your vacation by doing actual parenting.  Zero work until the day you die. 

18 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Umm  a Duggar dancing? 

Jessa allows Spurge to have a happy dance.    She said so a few episodes ago. 

I'm about half through watching this latest episode, and enjoyed Buzzard's recap, but here's mine so far:

1. I don't think Jana much likes reminiscing about Joy.

2. "And...yeah."

3. This warehouse seriously pisses me off.

Could you imagine if the Duggars did something Christ-like, like donating the literal tons of things they don't need in their warehouses to hurricane victims who lost everything?

I can't. 

23 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Talk about being up in your family's business!   I thought it was bad enough living next door to my inlaws and with the sister in law down the road a bit.   DAYYYAUUUUUUUUUUmmmmmm - 

I'm glad  you mentioned the Putnams.  I accidentally watched 1 1/2 episodes and lost all ability to reason.  Is this a good thing that is common on the East Coast? Is this a bizarre thing that is going to require therapy for one or many of the family/roommates?  Is the father so needy, he is creepy?  Does everyone have to use the same bathroom and kitchen? Help me please. 

On 10/9/2017 at 5:13 PM, amandaaries said:

@SassyPants absolutely.  That scene was such an abominable demonstration of the worst of their cult...and yet they have no issues with filming it or having it broadcast, because they are all so much better than the rest of us, since we don't follow their narrow interpretation of the Bible.  F'ing ridiculous. 

MEchelle really significantly parented two kids: Josh and Josie.  The rest were workers and props whose individuality needed to be subsumed for the "greater good" of the brand.  

But honestly, watching Jennifer sob and gasp for breath was awful.  For me, as a viewer who doesn't know any of those kids, it was terrible to watch.  But her mother, right there beside her? Nothing except more tissue.  These kids were raised with cameras -- who wants to cry on-screen? Another sad moment of childhood sold for profits for the Duggar brand.  

Hideous. Horrifying. Atrocious. 

I feel like she had to of parented John David and Jana too, at least.

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived