IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

4 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I dunno . . . I think that if something really had gone wrong at his birth or if something were wrong with Samuel, that the Duggars would be using that as an opportunity to show how Jesus works miracles and let him live or that even if he isn't perfect, he's still a speshul gift from God. (And that the rest of us are horrible heathens who never stop having constant abortions.)

So, I believe (and hope) that he is just fine.

Not if something went wrong because Jill was attempting a home birth when she should have been in a hospital. I seriously hope that there is nothing wrong with Samuel. It's weird but it's the Dillards. 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll send a bag of Halloween chocolate to the person who keeps track in the next episode of how many times someone says, "like".   (as in We're like going to the store.)   The rest of us get to take a drink each time.    How long do you think we'd be like drunk?

One of my kids does that---makes me absolutely nuts.  But don't know how to make him stop it!

41 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

I'll send a bag of Halloween chocolate to the person who keeps track in the next episode of how many times someone says, "like".   (as in We're like going to the store.)   The rest of us get to take a drink each time.    How long do you think we'd be like drunk?

Like, before the first break (can't say commercial break because aren't there, like, zero or very few actual commercials?), probably.  

On 10/9/2017 at 5:32 PM, MoonFace said:

Talk about being up in your family's business!   I thought it was bad enough living next door to my inlaws and with the sister in law down the road a bit.   DAYYYAUUUUUUUUUUmmmmmm - 

I'm filing my disability claim - and we sold our house three weeks ago.  So we're spending the winter here in my Mom's townhome, and then buying a duplex in the Spring with her.  We ain't the Putnam's, BUT we currently are three adults, two teenagers, and two toddlers in a 1800sq feet space.  I love it, but I'm an extrovert and have ADD, so the fact that there's always something going on, or someone to do stuff with is awesomesauce in my book - my mother and husband are introverts, and frequently hide multiple times a day :my_biggrin: 

Anyways, onto my observations of the show!

- Has John David always been the funny one liner guy, and I've just missed it all these years?  Or are they hoping to show more of his personality to find him a lady friend??  Or both??

- Joy's comment about graduation parties kind of irked me, too.  Like, most people celebrate graduating high school.  BUT are Michelle and JimBob literally downplaying how that "stage of life" goes for everyone outside of heir community?  I mean, they shop online, surely one of those women looked up "graduation parties" and saw people celebrate (and *le gasp* even without alcohol).  SIDENOTE I saw quite a few comments about the older siblings and their GED's.  Just curious, but do we know for sure it's GED's?  Lots of homeschooling programs offer diplomas, so I'm just wondering.

- As for Joy's "conflicting" statements about her feelings for Austin, I didn't find it all that strange either.  I just figured she meant that when she first met him as a kid, she didn't think all that much of him, then when he came around when was 16, she started seeing him as a young man, and things grew from there

- did anyone else catch the segment where Jeremy talked about meeting Joy for the first time, and afterwards Ben seemed impressed that he (Jeremy) won Joy over right away, as in Joy doesn't just automatically like anyone who comes into the house (good for her).  But it did make me wonder what else Ben might be referring to - she seemed to like Ben right away.  Maybe Derick?  Maybe she had a hard time with him, simply because Jill would be leaving.  But now that I think of it, have we seen Joy over at JIll and Derick's much at all?

- Normally seeing Jana being the one to put a gift together (again) would make me sigh, but I found the idea of making each part of the saying into individual gifts/gift baskets pretty cute.  And Jessa was making one, and Jinger was making another, and so Jana would make the third one.  I didn't really see it as CinderJana moment.  But of course my hope is that Jana actually liked the idea, and wanted to be a part of the gift making.

- That warehouse was.something.else.  Honestly an episode where they rehaul the whole thing, get it all organized, and you know make it safe for people to actually go into (versus climbing the - the I'm assuming here - non anchored shelves), would be pretty decent to watch - even better if they donate at least a third to local charities. 

- I feel like they're dragging the episodes on, too.  They could really get away with a one hour special for the wedding prep, and another two hour special for the bachelor/ette parties and the wedding, for each couple.  The other three episodes in their season (if they did two episodes for Joy and Joe each, and if there were only seven episodes per season), could be half hour episodes featuring potential courtships, traveling, daily living, family stuff.  I'd love to see more on Jana's garden, what the boys do, and more on the all the random non family members who are always around, too. 

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

-snip-

We've only seen what 4 maybe 5 photos of him since he was born.  They are refusing to talk about his birth and the Dilldorks have all but abandoned Counting On, they are post hate tweets or the occasional IG of Jill being all Godly or how big and cute Izzy is, but nothing about baby Samuel.

I'm also riding the bandwagon that something is not being said.  Whether it's about the birth, or about Samuel, or both.  I really, really hope not.  But who knows for sure . . . I do wonder if they'll address it on the show.  If they swipe over the birth, and then don't show Samuel at all, then I feel like that would be confirmation.

We've seen pics of the M sibs, the grandparents and 'Siah holding Mason but maybe 2 pics of Sam.  The girls just loooovvve baybeez so why so few photos with his aunts/uncles/cousins? 

My thought (pure speculation) is still they attempted an illegal home birth and something went very wrong, enough that it could cause  Jill and whoever assisted to get their license/certification revoked. Otherwise we'd be seeing it (either on the show or in People) and Dwreck wouldn't have scrubbed the 40 hours of labor comment. I just hope Sam doesn't have effects from possible exposure to Zika or a botched delivery.

37 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

- That warehouse was.something.else.  Honestly an episode where they rehaul the whole thing, get it all organized, and you know make it safe for people to actually go into (versus climbing the - the I'm assuming here - non anchored shelves), would be pretty decent to watch - even better if they donate at least a third to local charities. 

Except they've literally already done this. There was a set of episodes years ago where they opened that exact garage door and set up their own flea market, selling things to raise money for AK Children's hospital. These people are such garbage loving hoarders that they clearly filled it up with crap again.

15 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Except they've literally already done this. There was a set of episodes years ago where they opened that exact garage door and set up their own flea market, selling things to raise money for AK Children's hospital. These people are such garbage loving hoarders that they clearly filled it up with crap again.

Ermahgawd I completely forgot about that episode!
Wasn't that the season finale one, where we saw Ben hovering around in the background - and thew tabloids leaked a courtship, and so the last two minutes in a seeimgly rush job edit, was JimBob in a talking head by himself: "We raised a ton for the hospital, and oh yeah, btw Jessa's courtin kthnxbai.  See ya'll in the fall!"

Photos of Samuel on Duggar family Instagram accounts:

Jill - 13

Derick - 6

Duggar Family - 1

The other accounts, as well as Derick’s family (Deena and Cathy have mentioned him), didn’t share any photos at all - not even a congratulatory post from Joy (who rarely posts at all.) Jessa hasn’t congratulated any of her siblings who have welcomed a child (Jill and Josh) or announced a pregnancy (Joy) since Henry was born. Amy hasn’t really mentioned anything about her cousins - I think she was asked not to discuss them too much after the Josh scandals, so that isn’t unusual. Jinger and Jeremy really only share photos of each other or still life shots, etc. Josiah shared a photo with Mason, but not with any other niece or nephew (other than one of Israel a few years ago.) And Ben last posted for Mother’s Day.

I still don’t think the lack of photos itself is unusual. Jill now has three children to care for, instead of just a newborn. It’s likely she has much less time to spend on taking photos and posting them online, just like Jessa when she first had Henry.

As for the others... only Jessa really posts on a regular basis. She hasn’t shared about Samuel, but that doesn’t mean much since she mainly posts about her sons. Samuel is only 3 months, which is probably a bit young to be playing with Spurgeon and Israel. It’s possible even Henry is too big considering how huge he is - if both Jessa’s kids are playing with Israel away from Samuel, then it’s pretty likely she’d be with them.

(I was going to write more, but it’s bedtime. I probably won’t remember what I was going to write tomorrow. Oh well.)

I can't stand the Duggar hoard but that's JimBob for you.

Also, did Joy and Austin really want an old, dirty camp stove? Gross. 

I am still cringing that these people are home schooled. I cannot stand it.  My mom taught us at home a year or two, but she has a master's degree in early child development from Columbia Teacher's College. Michelle is not even smart. I cannot imagine how limiting it must be to be home schooled by fundamentalist parents. 

That being said, I am impressed with Josie's cognition. She seems to have very appropriate comments on whatever topic is being discussed. 

5 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

One of my kids does that---makes me absolutely nuts.  But don't know how to make him stop it!

I stopped mine dead in his tracks by quickly injecting "Like what?" every time he did it.  "Mom, don't do that."  "Mom stop it."

I said if he stopped I would.   It worked.

2 hours ago, Irene said:

Saw the Cooking to Jinger at insta.looks yummi :)

BTW ist it a holliday now in the us?

Not yet. We have Halloween on October 31st, followed by Thanksgiving the last Thursday of November (the 23rd this year.)

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

last Thursday of November

4th Thursday. Which is sometimes the last, but not always. :)

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

4th Thursday. Which is sometimes the last, but not always. :)

Revoke my American card. I committed American blasphemy by messing up Thanksgiving dates. :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Revoke my American card. I committed American blasphemy by messing up Thanksgiving dates. :pb_lol:

For penance you must go Black Friday shopping. At Walmart. At Midnight.  :wtsf:

45 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Not yet. We have Halloween on October 31st, followed by Thanksgiving the last Thursday of November (the 23rd this year.)

She wrote something about a  holliday, anyway its so borring, I rewind must of the episode. Is all about Joy, noting baout the others, and she already married and pregnat!

This if first I acrtualy thinking of stopped watcing bc is so unintresset.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

This deserves a LOL and a fuck you!  That is like the meanest thing ever, but I think we should petition the Duggar's to see DeWreck and Josh battle it out in the TV section of WalMart at midnight of Black Friday.  Let the professional WM Black Friday Shoppers knock them senseless. I think that would be good enough reason to Johsly on the TeeVee getting beat up by overweight badly dressed womenz fighting over a $30 off TV.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

This may be the meanest thing anyone here has ever wished upon me. Rufus bless you. :pb_lol::clap:

I used to count how many times one of my professors said “like”. I stopped when I got to about thirty in less than five minutes and stopped listening. If she hadn’t taken attendance I probably wouldn’t have gone since her idea of a lecture was to copy paragraphs out of the textbook onto a PowerPoint and read them to us. 

I'm just watching now and that Duggar hoard is shameful, honestly.

Who ever pointed out the lack of Jill and Joy hanging out is right.  Never thought of it.  May be editing but strange since Joy is getting married.

Oh Rufus bless, I can type normally on here again!  Idk what was up but man it was annoying typing one letter every 10 seconds!  

My speech teacher in high school had this annoying bell she'd ring if anyone said "like" in the wrong place during our speeches, I think she broke the entire class of that habit. I only use if it I'm trying to be ironic now. :pb_lol: 

4 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Who ever pointed out the lack of Jill and Joy hanging out is right.  Never thought of it.  May be editing but strange since Joy is getting married.

Not really. Jill was in SCA off and on for a lot of the past two years. That likely played a role, as does the two of them being at different places in life for a while. Now that Jill is in Arkansas and they both have kids (or will soon) they may start spending more time together again. 

Also, did anyone share this?

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived