IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

17 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I've done it myself, so I can't hate on it too much: but it's a pet peeve when people just end a statement midsentence.

Example: "the duggars are such fundies, and their whole thing on patriarchy is just-" 

Me: " . . . "

Other person: " . . . "

Me: "just what?  Tellllll me man!!"

I have a friend that talks like this....sometimes she'll just trail off after a few seconds in thought and say "i don't know" ugh! just say  it already!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

SNIP.

At least Boob's hoarding seems to be located in the outbuilding(s). I wonder what (if anything) set him off down that path.

It could be that he didn't have much growing up,  Had less as kids came along and they didn't have two cents to rub together.   Therefore, when he had a bit of money he started collecting stuff that they might use - just in case.   Hey, I needed a hammer three years ago when mine broke and although I have a hammer now, what would happen if that one broke?   I'll just pick this up now so I have a spare  (or three) 

@sansan on the last episode Austin stated that he was homeschooled.  Going back to the GEDs.  We talked about this at some point in the last year and I found a blog post from a couple of years ago that Michelle did where she stated that all the kids got GEDs.  That would have been before Joy "graduated" but I believe after Josiah.  I'd assume Joy has a GED but they haven't explicitly stated that. 

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/homeschooling-milestones/

According to google that blog post was from 2014. 

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

But wait, isnt evolution on the GED?

Maybe they could fail that part and still pass. I really don't know what science is on the GED.

7 hours ago, JMO said:

@sansan on the last episode Austin stated that he was homeschooled.  Going back to the GEDs.  We talked about this at some point in the last year and I found a blog post from a couple of years ago that Michelle did where she stated that all the kids got GEDs.  That would have been before Joy "graduated" but I believe after Josiah.  I'd assume Joy has a GED but they haven't explicitly stated that. 

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/homeschooling-milestones/

According to google that blog post was from 2014. 

Got it, thanks.  I had a girl friend that had a beautiful home but in a terrible school district where there was aggressive students. First her son dropped out and requested home schooling, he completed a program from some Texas college program and went on to college and graduated from UT in Austin. Then her daughter did the same thing and also graduated from Texas A&M. I know I ragged on homeschooling and it definitely was not something I ever pondered because I wanted my two kids in the school we purposely moved to and to be better socialized that I ever could have done for them. Anyway, homeschool kids can go on to be successful but unfortunately the Duggar kids got a very limited education, at best. Poor things. A person I respect often says this and it can be related to any aged person: You just don't know what you don't know. I agree.

8 hours ago, MoonFace said:

It could be that he didn't have much growing up,  Had less as kids came along and they didn't have two cents to rub together.   Therefore, when he had a bit of money he started collecting stuff that they might use - just in case.   Hey, I needed a hammer three years ago when mine broke and although I have a hammer now, what would happen if that one broke?   I'll just pick this up now so I have a spare  (or three) 

At one stage in the house we had two hammers and now I can't find either! :P

While we were montessori then public school kids my Mum did teach science at the homeschool co-op and would go into the Jewish day school. Though to be honest I think she just didn't trust lending out her microscopes without her there to make sure they didn't get broken. The microscopes all had fun names and there's still probably an entire shelf of slides on the bookshelf in my childhood closet. Today has been closet frustration, trying to reorganize for winter, get warmer linens ready, try and wrap my head around just why he has three times the clothes I do. 

It's good he got home from his trip early yesterday and took away The Life Changing Magic of Tidying up. It's dangerous for us prone to purging, but a great read! Though the kitty's sticky note has changed from "keep" to  "beef and broccoli thief hovering in the danger zone" 

On 10/10/2017 at 1:13 PM, SummerRocks said:

Jessa reminded me of that family member who has these "great" ideas, and then other people actually have to do the work.

Come on Jessa, you regift some kitchen gear -some you collect from the bottom of a kitchen cabinet!- and throw it in a basket: "Here you go Joy, I don't really cook so you can have all this random stuff others have bought for me."

-Snip-

Yes--and I wondered how the people who originally GAVE Jessa the stuff might feel about learning on teevee that Jessa never used their gifts, had no interest in them, and stuffed them in a drawer.

I suppose they might be happy their gifts may finally be used, once passed on to Joy, but still .... This kind of public treatment of gifts just says "unappreciative" to me.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:25 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think Jim Bob is a hoarder, I don't think it is disgusting I think it is an illness, like all the other people who do it are. Only he's a hoarder with money and lots of land.  Putting on my arm chair psych hat, I think they were SO POOR for such a long time that he's keeping things "just in case".

-snip-

I think this is a very generous interpretation of their behavior. It MAY be an illness. But, given our other evidence about the Duggars, I'm inclined to think it is simply the outcome of greed, pride, and laziness.

Greed, because the Duggars, especially J-Boob and MEEchelle, just want more and more and more of everything.

Pride, because they think it somehow reflects well on them that they are able to accumulate cars, kids, and crap, even when they don't take care of any of it.

And laziness, because, having accumulated all this stuff, they can't be bothered cleaning it, organizing it, using it, or passing it on to others.

1 hour ago, Analytica49 said:

Yes--and I wondered how the people who originally GAVE Jessa the stuff might feel about learning on teevee that Jessa never used their gifts, had no interest in them, and stuffed them in a drawer.

I'm guessing it was a random humper that bought stuff off of their registry or just sent gifts.  They'll be thrilled that its not a part of the show.

Either that, or they bought the "extra" kitchen items, put them in the cabinet, and pretended that they were gifts.

Both theories are possible with the Duggars.

1 hour ago, Analytica49 said:

i could comment on this but I can't :D but overall does it really surprise anyone what Jessa does or doesn't do 

37 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm guessing it was a random humper that bought stuff off of their registry or just sent gifts.  They'll be thrilled that its not a part of the show.

Either that, or they bought the "extra" kitchen items, put them in the cabinet, and pretended that they were gifts.

Both theories are possible with the Duggars.

I'm still smh that Jessa had an apron that said Mrs. Forsyth in her stash of stuff she was 'lending' to Joy. 

3 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

I'm still smh that Jessa had an apron that said Mrs. Forsyth in her stash of stuff she was 'lending' to Joy. 

Secret failed courtship? :pb_lol:

23 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I do wonder if the Duggars do know some skewed basics of evolution. You'd think Ken Ham's museum might explain what exactly he's rallying AGAINST. Then again, I'm sure they think it's "humans evolved from monkeys," "all scientists hate God and the Bible," etc.

I thought I read somewhere that at some point they made it optional for them to actually get the GED? Maybe Jill down? I felt like this discussion was had years ago about Jessa and if she had a GED. (Michelle's blog contradicts this though so I really don't know) 

Moving on... 

I couldn't get over the amount of stuff (junk) that was in the outbuilding,  Does Jim Bob even know everything that's in there? It boggles my mind. 

I think the chairs were from the 'home church' that the Duggars founded(?)  If JB would donate them to a local charity could f he take it off his taxes?  If he got all the Dugger kids to clean it up, he might be able to get more stuff in that unit.

7 minutes ago, NewOrleansLady said:

I think the chairs were from the 'home church' that the Duggars founded(?)  If JB would donate them to a local charity could f he take it off his taxes?  If he got all the Dugger kids to clean it up, he might be able to get more stuff in that unit.

A real 'mission' would be to donate any usable stuff to the Salvation Army for them to help out victims of the hurricanes and the fires in California.   But then, Duggars wouldn't get the glory.  I bet they have issues with the Salvation Army (but would have no problem buying in the stores they operate)  They are too self absorbed to consider loading up a truck and hauling it to one of those places to distribute themselves.  Nor would they consider holding a yard sale and donating the proceeds to those victims - because, you know, they need the $$$ themselves. 

5 hours ago, NakedKnees said:
On 10/12/2017 at 2:56 PM, Buzzard said:

I do wonder if the Duggars do know some skewed basics of evolution.

So:

#1 - they did admit in a very early episode that they expose their kids to a mild amount of evolution, enough to really show them why it's bs and to be able to argue against it.

#2 - It's fucking Arkansas. I'm sure there are folks here who can speak to the requirements, but I know in many backwards states they require evolution & creation to get equal billing, or even to allow schools/families to present creationism in a more favorable light, right? Quick, someone google faster than my lazy ass can!

I wonder if the chairs actually get used when they have their massive gathering type things (home school graduations etc) but this is the Duggars sooooo it's entirely possible that they just have guests sit on the ground when they have perfectly good chairs hidden away in their own version of the room of requirement. 

As for the Salvation Army I thought I read in one of the books that they had at least a semi positive view of them because they helped the family when either Jim Bob or Jim Bobs father was younger (something about giving them a Christmas hamper or something like that) I still can't see them actually being motivated enough to donate any large quantity of stuff. (And it's already been done for the show so why do it it! (Duggar logic not my own)) 

Somebody help me,please....

Awhile back there were comments (a thread?) about some weird little group of teens who would intern in state capitols. Some strange guy narrated the video of the kids' standards, saying something like "teen pacters."

Anybody else remember these? Seeing Derek's photo reminded me.

My thoughts on this week's episode:

~Joy's graduation comment was one of the most pretentious things she has said yet. It definitely illustrates how out of touch these kids really are.

~I thought Jinger's blue basket was so adorable - definitely my favorite of the gifts.

~I don't buy for one second that Jessa had a Mrs. Forsyth apron just sitting around in her kitchen cabinet. Why couldn't they have just put that in the "something new" gift basket?

~Seeing the TH with Jana and the littlest made me want to cry a little inside. She looks so over it.

~Lastly, it's clear to see who Joy's mother really is. The flashbacks featured Jill heavily while I think I saw Michelle just once.

Joy’s statement reminds me of something a stereotypical spoiled rich child would say about graduation. “Some people only get a used car for their graduation. Mine is much better because I got a brand new one and it was just so much better.” It’s just another statement designed to show how much better their method is than anything else. 

27 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Found this on Jessa and Jill counting on.    Looks like the baby is fine. 

These photos were discussed a while back.

Personally, I think she and Samuel are fine. The Dills likely just got sick of constant criticisms (both deserved and not) being tossed their way about their parenting and scaled back on what they share about the boys because of that. It’s also possible they attempted a home VBAC prior to her c-section and just don’t want to deal with another deluge of people criticizing them for their birth choices or possibly get anyone in trouble (both of which would likely be deserved.)

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived