IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

@VelociRapture. True, true.  I guess I feel that way about Jill because they used to focus so much on it and now not so much.  Same with a perceived lack of Samuel.  That's "reality TV " for ya though!  

Oh, and great......fundies near the WH.  Just what we need.  Wonder what for?  Field trip. 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a high school math teach who used to say "m'kay" all the time. He also looks just like Mr.Mackey from South Park so I don't know if he started it because someone pointed this out to him or what but it definitely became second nature to him. 

Random memory :  the Duggars had a deli.  Right?  I remember on one of the first narrated specials before the show.  Duggars deli.

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

I used to count how many times one of my professors said “like”. I stopped when I got to about thirty in less than five minutes and stopped listening.

There's a certain style of praying aloud that includes over-using the word "just".

"Lord, we just pray that You would just bless our time together as we just focus on You and our relationships..."

One of my in-laws is prone to "just" praying. I've been known to start counting on my fingers. It's pretty impressive how many they can get up to sometimes!

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

I had a high school math teach who used to say "m'kay" all the time. He also looks just like Mr.Mackey from South Park so I don't know if he started it because someone pointed this out to him or what but it definitely became second nature to him. 

My kids had a teacher Jr year that they called Mrs Mackey because she said "m'kay" all the time.  Drove them crazy.

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Random memory :  the Duggars had a deli.  Right?  I remember on one of the first narrated specials before the show.  Duggars deli.

It’s a decorative sign over the commercial kitchen in their house, not an actual business.

17 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Except they've literally already done this. There was a set of episodes years ago where they opened that exact garage door and set up their own flea market, selling things to raise money for AK Children's hospital. These people are such garbage loving hoarders that they clearly filled it up with crap again.

Well, they get that crap at the second hand stores so they probably see a 'deal' and grab it in hopes that someone they know will be getting married and like second, third or forth hand crap  'antiques'.   

I think Jim Bob is a hoarder, I don't think it is disgusting I think it is an illness, like all the other people who do it are. Only he's a hoarder with money and lots of land.  Putting on my arm chair psych hat, I think they were SO POOR for such a long time that he's keeping things "just in case".  My husband is a hoarder, but he lives with me a purger so his stuff never gets past filling up our basement because I clean it out EVERY SPRING and we have a big fight EVERY SPRING about me throwing his trash away. But he grew up dirt poor they never had much of anything so now he wants things "just in case".  Only MEchelle can't say no to him like I can to my husband.

As for the outbuildings and land, my Aunt and Uncle are hoarders, they live on 10 acres of land, they have no less than 7 out buildings that are FULL, plus their 4 car garage, that you can only get 1 car into, plus their, sun room, their basement, 3 of 5 bedrooms, the attic, their pantry, all the closets, her office, all full. It is insane, but they started hoarding about 26 years ago when their son was killed in a car accident. It is amazing how much crap these two own.

3 hours ago, Beermeet said:

@VelociRapture. True, true.  I guess I feel that way about Jill because they used to focus so much on it and now not so much.  Same with a perceived lack of Samuel.  That's "reality TV " for ya though!  

Oh, and great......fundies near the WH.  Just what we need.  Wonder what for?  Field trip. 

To meet their Loart and savior Trump. :my_sick:

3 hours ago, Beermeet said:

It’s the less successful, modern day sequel to a classic film - Mr. Fundie Goes to Washington. It’s a riveting tale of a naive young man who travels to DC in order to save all the corrupt souls in the nation. But the FAKE NEWS undermines his reputation by printing actual things he’s said and done that shows just how incompetent he is! Well gee golly! He’ll just have to tweet some more and hope that does the trick.

So I was on twitter earlier today about how with these truths about various acts of sexual assault, people like working Silicone Valley about how men feel just so nervous being surrounded by women because everything could be considered as harassment and the article was almost leaning towards an accountability partner thing.

Y'all the duggars are infiltrating hard. Just wait till apps come up with finding an accountability partner so men don't harass women in all aspects of life.

(This could also be in the political section so I apologize!).

The likes bother me less (though not by a great amount) than the "and...yeah." That demonstrates their inability to complete a thought. They start in talking and have no idea where they'll end up, and so they just trail off, rather than put in a little effort to finish a sentence. And it is a habit they've passed around to each other. I'm not sure if I could bear holding an entire conversation with any of them.

That's something Jeremy could break Jinger of, and I wouldn't cry patriarchy if he did.

18 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Photos of Samuel on Duggar family Instagram accounts:

Jill - 13

Derick - 6

Duggar Family - 1

Soooo, what youre saying is that D'wreck has posted more nasty biblical tweets than pictures of his second blessing. 

That makes total sense.

29 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

The likes bother me less (though not by a great amount) than the "and...yeah." That demonstrates their inability to complete a thought. They start in talking and have no idea where they'll end up, and so they just trail off, rather than put in a little effort to finish a sentence. And it is a habit they've passed around to each other. I'm not sure if I could bear holding an entire conversation with any of them.

That's something Jeremy could break Jinger of, and I wouldn't cry patriarchy if he did.

My pet hate is Ummm, ummm for the same reason you don't like and...yeah.

I've done it myself, so I can't hate on it too much: but it's a pet peeve when people just end a statement midsentence.

Example: "the duggars are such fundies, and their whole thing on patriarchy is just-" 

Me: " . . . "

Other person: " . . . "

Me: "just what?  Tellllll me man!!"

On 10/9/2017 at 8:29 PM, Buzzard said:

Flashback to the homeskool graduation ceremony.  They were homeskooled.  It works best for our family.

JOy - my graduation was different than most, we had a huge party.

Holding up their diplomas, Duggar Academy....how embarrassing. Does anyone know if Austin and Ben was home schooled? There has to be talk behind the scenes by some of these guys.

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think Jim Bob is a hoarder, I don't think it is disgusting I think it is an illness, like all the other people who do it are. Only he's a hoarder with money and lots of land.  Putting on my arm chair psych hat, I think they were SO POOR for such a long time that he's keeping things "just in case".  My husband is a hoarder, but he lives with me a purger so his stuff never gets past filling up our basement because I clean it out EVERY SPRING and we have a big fight EVERY SPRING about me throwing his trash away. But he grew up dirt poor they never had much of anything so now he wants things "just in case".  Only MEchelle can't say no to him like I can to my husband.

As for the outbuildings and land, my Aunt and Uncle are hoarders, they live on 10 acres of land, they have no less than 7 out buildings that are FULL, plus their 4 car garage, that you can only get 1 car into, plus their, sun room, their basement, 3 of 5 bedrooms, the attic, their pantry, all the closets, her office, all full. It is insane, but they started hoarding about 26 years ago when their son was killed in a car accident. It is amazing how much crap these two own.

I agree.  My mom is also a hoarder and grew up in London during/after WW2.  Everything was saved.  They had collections for paper and they made things out of four sacks. There were rations. And I think that's why she hoards. Funnily enough, she'll refer to other people as hoarders, but I'm just sure she sees it herself. It's not to epic proportions but several rooms are full in her house (not every room but its a 5 BR house and she lives alone).

My ex-inlaws were/are hoarders. When they moved from their farmhouse in Indiana to a newly built farm house in another state, they actually moved boxes and boxes full of old newspapers. These papers had no sentimental significance (they weren't "birthday date" papers or papers that showed amazing news stories).

9 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I used to count how many times one of my professors said “like”. I stopped when I got to about thirty in less than five minutes and stopped listening. If she hadn’t taken attendance I probably wouldn’t have gone since her idea of a lecture was to copy paragraphs out of the textbook onto a PowerPoint and read them to us. 

My best friend says "like" continually. She is very highly educated but unfortunately the sorority gab of the 90's is what stuck. I love her anyway. She is always the one who stays in touch and demonstrates what cherishing a friendship is all about.

47 minutes ago, sansan said:

Holding up their diplomas, Duggar Academy....how embarrassing. Does anyone know if Austin and Ben was home schooled? There has to be talk behind the scenes by some of these guys.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Austin was homeschooled, but I don’t know if he was. 

I know Ben was homeschooled. I believe his parents did a co-op program though. He also finished an Associate’s degree from National Park Community College and, as far as we know, he is currently still pursuing a program through Moody Bible Institute.

Jeremy was homeschooled as well, right up until senior year of high school. I think he went to a Christian school that year, but it may have been public school. He holds a Bachelor’s in Business (I believe from Hartwick College) and began pursuing a Masters in Finance at Syracuse before leaving early to sign with a professional soccer team in Finland. 

And, of course, Derick. As far as we know, he attended an actual school his entire education. He graduated from Rogers High School in 2007 and earned his Bachelors in Accounting from Oklahoma State University in 2011. 

57 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Austin was homeschooled, but I don’t know if he was. 

I know Ben was homeschooled. I believe his parents did a co-op program though. He also finished an Associate’s degree from National Park Community College and, as far as we know, he is currently still pursuing a program through Moody Bible Institute.

Jeremy was homeschooled as well, right up until senior year of high school. I think he went to a Christian school that year, but it may have been public school. He holds a Bachelor’s in Business (I believe from Hartwick College) and began pursuing a Masters in Finance at Syracuse before leaving early to sign with a professional soccer team in Finland. 

And, of course, Derick. As far as we know, he attended an actual school his entire education. He graduated from Rogers High School in 2007 and earned his Bachelors in Accounting from Oklahoma State University in 2011. 

Thanks, was not totally aware of the educations. Some of them present themselves in a more well rounded presence. We live in a very nice neighborhood that has good schools from elementary to High school and rated very well. The kicker is there are 17 families in our neighborhood that home school and my other half and I are retired now and we moved here 4 years ago. We are walkers in this neighborhood and regularly we come upon "home schooled" kids out and about. Bike riding, playing and skate boarding. The thing is no matter when you see them, be it during the day or on a weekend, you can tell the "home school" kids from the other kids. Every time. If you speak to them they are like deer in the headlights, literally. Very weird. All the other kids generally speak to you or at least smile as they pass you on the street. My argument is they are lacking in social development. My husband and I still laugh, "How the hell did we end up here?". Planning on one final move fairly soon and hoping we land smack dab in the middle of diversity.

When I was growing up we had some very hard times. After my brother and grandpa died, my mother's family imploded and my father walked. My mother went into hoarder mode. It was confined to the basement and closets, but I still feel ill thinking of the towering piles of stuff and narrow walk ways. I'm not sure if my mother's hoarding was a disease or a symptom of her depression, but it was hard to live with, and I can't imagine what it was like in her head. Thankfully, she seems to have gradually gotten over it and is now starting to do Swedish Death Cleaning in her basement. I feel sorry for anyone in the hoarding mindset or living with someone who thinks like that. At least Boob's hoarding seems to be located in the outbuilding(s). I wonder what (if anything) set him off down that path.

6 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I've done it myself, so I can't hate on it too much: but it's a pet peeve when people just end a statement midsentence.

Example: "the duggars are such fundies, and their whole thing on patriarchy is just-" 

Me: " . . . "

Other person: " . . . "

Me: "just what?  Tellllll me man!!"

Just...like...you know...and yeah.

As to homeschooling. My kids were. There are six of them and their social skills as adults are not identical to each other. They have individual personalities and stuff, some more outgoing than others. I went to school, though, and am pretty weird at times, so...and yeah.

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived