IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

Just watched episode on DVR.... My Snark

Why does the whole fam-damily need to go to the airport to meet  Jilly-Muffin & D-wreck ?  Why do they need to create a scene and congestion at the airport ?      

When Jilly-Muffin  was holding Henry at the airport & commenting on  Jessa with her 2nd child makes her think of her having her 2nd ....My thoughts were  ya  right JIll, your thinking that Jessa-Blessa is ahead of you in the Quiver-full Baby Races.

We all know Anna at this point doesn't count towards the Baby Race,   Jinge  & the Baaaabe appear not to compete.  So far the race is between the Blessa, the Muffin and now  Joy is going to come on strong.  God help Austin & Joy if she has her mother's fertility. 

I found it odd  that  Meecheelle  was petting D-wrcks shoulder up and down, as  if he were a dog or cat in the airport clip, the scene where JimBoob states Love you guys, Love to have  you back safely...  

Why is Josie always at Michelle's side, sitting on her lap ?  Doesn't Meechelle know she has other young daughters ?  The age gap is between Josie & Jordan is 12 mos than from Jordyn to Jenni is 16 mos.  . You'd think that Josie is Meechelle only young daughter.  Makes me real sad for Jordan & Jenni. They are ones who might write the biography on the Meechelle tell all. 

Jana, Johannie & Jenni seem so over it in their talking head about Joy's dress and it is PATHETIC that a twenty something single WOMAN has to sit in a talking head with elementary age school girls.  

Seriously , Joe actually said, I have to have a Chaperone (Lauren)  to drive Kendra  over to Jessa & Ben's for dinner ?  Really ?  If you don't have a Chaperon are you going to  cop a Booby feel  or pull the car over & fuck ? Is there that little trust or self control in these young people ?  Good Greif. 

Jessa's & Ben's questions to Joe & Kendra were sooooo scripted.  I do like Joe, he seems sincere and for a fundie husband, seems like he will treat Kendra with love and respect.  They make a cute couple.   

As other posters have observed, Austin seems to have a great work ethic and his work seems legit .   I would never want to move into an RV if I was newly married.   They need a sign on the RV door - "If the RV is a Rockin don't come a Knockin" 

Kendra's Dad is very young looking. He looks Joe's age.  

Happy to see Jana, the chief J-slave  wasn't on the work crew for the wedding decorations. 

Love it that wedding planner CIndy is wearing her defrauding Jeans,   Go CINDY !  

I'm so juvenile that I giggled when Kendra made the comment on Joe haveing big hands ! 

No big welcoming committee for Jinge & the Baabe, just for the fake missionaries.  Also good to see them renting their own car, showing independence from the Boob and his fleet of cars. 

Ms CIndy must have been furious when the dip ship  Duggar  Man-Boy's truck  ran out of gas with all the wedding weeds in the trailer. 

Why are they giving the sibling themed gift in the girl's bedroom ?  That is sooo weird. 

What is with the fabric hanging up in the bedroom and the beat up piano in the bedroom ?  The fabric on the piano bench is the same as the fabric that is draped in the bedroom. 

I think the idea of the something new, borrowed, old, blue is very creative but their overall execution sucked.  An old nasty camp stove ?  Two baskets full of miscellaneous crap.  The hard hats were the most creative. 

Well, that gets me through half of the episode.   More Snark to come. 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2017 at 1:29 PM, amandaaries said:

I thought there was an incredible amount of disdain and condescension to her comment.  She (incorrectly) summarized graduation events as merely walking across stage for a diploma, then rolled her eyes and dismissed it all as "BOR-ing." 

While I understand she's a sheltered teenager who's been raised with a superiority complex, it was still a shitty moment that demonstrates the typical Duggar understanding of and compassion for others...which is to say, neither exist. It's such an extreme Us v. Them mentality.  

That comment really pissed me off.  It was so condescending .  Than I said to myself, self, "self, consider the source". She is a 19 year old know it all (as most 19 years olds are).   She has no idea what goes on during a  high school graduation or college graduation ceremony.  She would not know that many of us heathens do have graduation parties, ranging from  small intimate gatherings to obscenely large parties.   

Apparently Joy has never been taught Proverbs 17:28... Even the fools are thought wise if they keep silent.   

Joy is travelling down the smug & cocky path of  Jilly-Muffin & Dwreck or Josh in his younger years when he was known as Smugs.   

I hate to say it, but I thought Bin was the most immature 19 year to marry, but Joy is far surpassing him in level of immaturity.    

And of course the horror of the school lock-in senior all night party! With 2 in the house we're already trying to work out party details and guest lists and they don't graduate until June!

Ok, maybe it's already discussed upthread enough, but wtf is up with these people running out of gas? How dumb are you? And this has been documented several times now. The only time I ever ran out of gas was in my old dodge neon and the fuel gauge stopped working. Those damn neon's were good for nothing!

I ran out of gas once in my brand-new 2007 crossover. I was having such fun driving the kids around, didn't pay attention. Gas wasn't far away, but while I was stopped, some guy screeched, "Should have bought American!"

Like this would have in any way solved my problem, you xenophobic nutball.

Anyway, it gets more than 4 mpg, even at nearly 11 years old, so that hasn't happened again.

I count myself as the second person in all the world who has noticed the Duggar males have a receding hairline. And I just do not understand how anyone can care. It's a crapshoot. My husband was practically bald by 30. Two of my sons will be receding a bit before too long. I know they're worried about remaining attractive to women, though both are regarded by everyone who meets them as quite handsome, and of course, what really matters is who they are as actual people. I just loathe the idea of someone rejecting them because of something so trivial, and all I can say is that I would not want that woman anywhere near them. Good women do not judge men that way.

5 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Ok, maybe it's already discussed upthread enough, but wtf is up with these people running out of gas? How dumb are you? And this has been documented several times now. The only time I ever ran out of gas was in my old dodge neon and the fuel gauge stopped working. Those damn neon's were good for nothing!

I know!   Unless the gauge is broken there is that little line that leans toward E (EMPTY!!!)  Also, most cars have a light that comes on when you are down to a very low amount and it usually warns you that you have 20-30 miles before you are in trouble.   

Makes you wonder if they do have functioning brains or what the hell is going on there.

It did make me do a double take when Austin was talking about  being in flight school and waking up one morning and thinking, "what about Joy?"  It was like he was choosing something to wear, this will do.  I hope that's not the case.  They seem to have similar interests and she is obviously smitten with him.  Maybe he's just a more rigid person and it comes across as less interested or controlling?  I don't know, just a thought.

3 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I just loathe the idea of someone rejecting them because of something so trivial, and all I can say is that I would not want that woman anywhere near them. Good women do not judge men that way.

I don't think that's entirely fair. People are attracted to different things and are entitled to reject someone romantically for any reason. Some women might not be attracted to balding men and plenty of other women won't care about a man's hairline but might have other features they find attractive/unattractive. I don't think it's right to police what people are allowed to find attractive or not.

(I'm not attracted to men at all, and I have been told multiple times that I'm being unfair to men and should be more "open-minded." I disagree; not only can I not help that I just don't find men attractive, even if I did I would be perfectly entitled to reject men romantically for any reason whatsoever.)

Now, in every other context I agree, it's wrong to judge people based on physical attributes.

4 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I count myself as the second person in all the world who has noticed the Duggar males have a receding hairline. And I just do not understand how anyone can care. It's a crapshoot. My husband was practically bald by 30. Two of my sons will be receding a bit before too long. I know they're worried about remaining attractive to women, though both are regarded by everyone who meets them as quite handsome, and of course, what really matters is who they are as actual people. I just loathe the idea of someone rejecting them because of something so trivial, and all I can say is that I would not want that woman anywhere near them. Good women do not judge men that way.

My late husband was hairy as a gorilla.  His father was bald.    My husband is as bald as an egg and has very little body hair.   Both were good men.   Different as night and day.   

Found this: 

How is baldness inherited?

The most influential hair loss gene is carried on the X chromosome, which a male would only get from his mother, and which could have been passed on by her father. But there are actually several genes that have been found to cause hair loss, as well as other non-genetic factors like stress.Mar 14, 2013

Judging a man on his hair or lack of is like judging a woman on the size of her boobs.   Having more doesn't make her more of a woman.   

Neither of the men in my life would qualify for a beefcake calendar - but I'm no pin up gal either.   But hot damn!  We have chemistry and we are happy.  

As they say - looks fade but personality is there

Just now, Rachel333 said:

I don't think that's entirely fair. People are attracted to different things and are entitled to reject someone romantically for any reason. Some women might not be attracted to balding men and plenty of other women won't care about a man's hairline but might have other features they find attractive/unattractive. I don't think it's right to police what people are allowed to find attractive or not.

(I'm not attracted to men at all, and I have been told multiple times that I'm being unfair to men and should be more "open-minded." I disagree; not only can I not help that I just don't find men attractive, even if I did I would be perfectly entitled to reject men romantically for any reason whatsoever.)

Now, in every other context I agree, it's wrong to judge people based on physical attributes.

If a woman rejected one of my sons specifically because of his future thinning hair, I would stand on my notion she's wrong for him. I'm not complicated.

6 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

It did make me do a double take when Austin was talking about  being in flight school and waking up one morning and thinking, "what about Joy?"  It was like he was choosing something to wear, this will do.  I hope that's not the case.  They seem to have similar interests and she is obviously smitten with him.  Maybe he's just a more rigid person and it comes across as less interested or controlling?  I don't know, just a thought.

Yeah, I definitely get that vibe. He obviously really wanted a wife, which is totally unsurprising and perfectly natural when you're a young person and your only permitted sexual outlet is marriage. I think he also really valued his friendship with the Duggar family. Who knows, maybe he even had a crush on one of the other daughters at some point. I also remember them talking about how Joy REALLY, REALLY liked him, and he was sort of oblivious until they pointed it out. Maybe something clicked in his mind: "I need a wife. I love the Duggars. Jana's a little old for me, the rest are married, Johannah's way too young - oh wait, Joy Duggar seems to really like me. Bingo!"

That's not to say that he has no actual feelings for her, and they definitely seem well suited in various ways, so I'm not suggesting it was just a marriage of convenience. But I would not be surprised at all if he started out at, "Wait a minute, Joy Duggar would probably make an excellent wife" and then grew to have actual feelings for her from there.

Just now, backyard sylph said:

If a woman rejected one of my sons specifically because of his future thinning hair, I would stand on my notion she's wrong for him. I'm not complicated.

I agree! You wouldn't want your sons dating women who aren't attracted to them, especially since there are a lot of women who probably are attracted to them.

What I think is unfair is you characterizing those women as not "good women."

12 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

It did make me do a double take when Austin was talking about  being in flight school and waking up one morning and thinking, "what about Joy?"  It was like he was choosing something to wear, this will do.         Snip.

Reading the part I bolded my mind went to the gutter - HE is young and virile - and he just woke up.  He was probably ready for a bride. :brainbleach:

5 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I agree! You wouldn't want your sons dating women who aren't attracted to them, especially since there are a lot of women who probably are attracted to them.

What I think is unfair is you characterizing those women as not "good women."

Not referring to a them, actually; I was trying to be...indirect. So many conversations here right now are tense and filled with conflict.

Also, the storyline about J/J buying the dishes in Laredo was literally the dumbest storyline I've seen on this show. And that is saying a fuckton.

Did anyone catch Austin mentioning during his walkthrough of their future home, that he had hoped to have "the master bedroom, and the kitchen done" before the wedding, so they could move in?  I was like, "Jees, that's all a newlywed needs, right?  A bedroom - with WiFi for Netflix breaks in between sex haha! - and a semi-kitchen for food".  Everything else is just for show for guests :D

10 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

-snip- I do wonder, though, if his reluctance to be kissed is anything to do with the cameras? Maybe he doesn't do that when they're alone?

Who knows for sure ~ but my husband cringes at PDA.  We've been together for 13 years, and he only in the last year feels comfortable enough holding my hand in public (after much encouragement from me!).  So I give Austin a pass, if it's just a PDA thing.

4 hours ago, MoonFace said:

-snip - Didn't we already have a "bring the outside inside' wedding?  (Jessa?) - snip- 

But if there came an expectation that every Duggar wedding would have to have specific theme, with no overlap, I mean I don't know if that would even be possible.  Like, church wedding, outdoors, location/destination, castle, underwater, cave, Antarctica . . . though then again, it would make good tv ;)

3 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

-snip- Second, those boys have no control over their hair genes. I always find the comments about their receding hairlines to be incredibly childish and is totally BEC over something those boys had no say in. My husband just turned 27 and guess what? He's been balding since sometime around the start of his 20's. I found him incredibly attractive 10 years ago when he still had a full thick head of hair and I still find him incredibly attractive with the short buzz cut he now sports. 

My Dad and now my firstborn son look very Duggar when it comes to the hairlines.  My Dad's hair was thinning in his 20's, and by 30s it was pretty much buzzed.  I'm sure my son will follow suit.  My husband's hair has been thinning even faster since mid-20s.  I lovedddd his long hair, but I find him oh-so-handsome with his buzzed hair, too!

I agree about the BEC comments when it comes to genetic predispositions to "looks".  

1 hour ago, SayWhat said:

-snip - I found it odd  that  Meecheelle  was petting D-wrcks shoulder up and down, as  if he were a dog or cat in the airport clip, the scene where JimBoob states Love you guys, Love to have  you back safely...  

-snip-

Why are they giving the sibling themed gift in the girl's bedroom ?  That is sooo weird.   

Didn't Michelle do the same thing with Jeremy when her and Jinger picked up/dropped off Jeremy like just before their wedding?  I remember thinking it was a bit touchy-feely considering their usual stance on sidehugs.  But maybe even Michelle is getting more comfortable with showing affection??  *shrug*

And I didn't even put two and two together, that Jill got the big airport reception, and Jinger did not,and was about to be all like, "Whatttt??"  But then, they didn't they say that they arrived a day before the wedding?  So maybe the family was just busy with last minute wedding stuff, and Jeremy was happy to have a few more minutes alone with Jinger before descending on the TTH?

And lastly, I also thought it was super weird to have Austin in the girl's room.  I mean I don't personally care, but considering how big they are period about "gender boundaries", yeah it was kinda strange.  Maybe it was for the show alone?  Like, "Look, we're just like you!"

10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

- Austin - I dont like him.  I just dont.  I dont like how Joy is a fucking doormat around him, unable to make a single. fucking.decision.  Does she have to ask him to pee?  I dont like that he avoids her kissing him (we've seen that several times now), which is a normal thing for a married duggarling.  He is going to resent her "high profile" life and I just dont like the dynamics.

Jenny - That was fucking painful.  Poor child

I liked Austin for his work ethic and that he is not dependent on the Boob.  When Joy would run to him and call him for every last stinkin thing he would reply to effect "whatever you want"  which I liked.  BUT I did not like how he kept pulling away from her multiple times when she was trying to kiss him.  Pull away once, OK you are a tease and it is kinda playful. Pull away multiple times and avoid affection from your partner, something is just not right, very strange dynamic.  Hope he doesn't become a controlling ass hole. 

Totally agree about Jenny. She is going to be one messed up adult that will  put many a therapist's children through college.  I just want to wring Meechelle's neck for neglecting the lost girls. 

I too think Austin is a control freak. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't go for the kiss because he did not initiate it. You know that that he is headship.

2 hours ago, SayWhat said:

I liked Austin for his work ethic and that he is not dependent on the Boob.  When Joy would run to him and call him for every last stinkin thing he would reply to effect "whatever you want"  which I liked.  BUT I did not like how he kept pulling away from her multiple times when she was trying to kiss him.  Pull away once, OK you are a tease and it is kinda playful. Pull away multiple times and avoid affection from your partner, something is just not right, very strange dynamic.  Hope he doesn't become a controlling ass hole. 

Totally agree about Jenny. She is going to be one messed up adult that will  put many a therapist's children through college.  I just want to wring Meechelle's neck for neglecting the lost girls. 

So is everyone perfectly OK with PDA? I am not. I would pull away from my husband anytime he tried to kiss me if the cameras were rolling. It has nothing to do with how much I love him or me trying to control him. I just don't want an audience. Austin could be the same way. 

On 10/16/2017 at 5:29 PM, Carm_88 said:

-          Joe says that Kendra is one of Joy’s bridesmaids, he wants to ask Joy if when she goes to throw the bouquet that if she could give it to Kendra and then he could get down on his knee and ask her to marry him.

-          Might have to pick her off the floor, be ready for that. Pastor Caldwell says. He’s really attractive. I’m so skeeved out that I find him attractive. Like seriously, if I saw him on the street, I’d check him out. Before he asked me about my personal relationship with Jesus.

-          

I liked how Joe's proposal fitted in with the reception activities. Also, it's OK to notice that Jendra's dad is young and cute, as long as we don't try to date him, we're not being too creepy. I am kind of into Austin myself. 

My husband is a super private, extremely modest person, who does not do PDA. At all. It used to bother me, but we've been together for nearly a decade and married for seven years, and no PDA is completely normal to me now. Since he's quite affectionate in private (even though we are crotchety and middle-aged), I've got no complaints. Maybe Austin is like my husband, only not the King of the Atheists. :wink-kitty:

6 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

So is everyone perfectly OK with PDA? I am not. I would pull away from my husband anytime he tried to kiss me if the cameras were rolling. It has nothing to do with how much I love him or me trying to control him. I just don't want an audience. Austin could be the same way. 

It is fine to not like PDAs.  Most partners know enough about each other  to realize hey, my partner is not into PDAs so I wouldn't offer PDAs to them.   

Joy appears to really like likes PDAs.  Maybe Austin either doesn't like PDA s and has not communicated that to Joy  or Joy chooses to disregard Austin's dislike of them but I do not believe that  to be true from their past behavior.  When Joy & Austin were on the married couple how well do you know your partner quiz episode, he seemed to enjoy the constant PDAs.  In that TH scene, when he kept pulling away from Joy he came off as a controlling ass.  Your mileage may vary    

29 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

When Joy & Austin were on the married couple how well do you know your partner quiz episode, he seemed to enjoy the constant PDAs.  In that TH scene, when he kept pulling away from Joy he came off as a controlling ass. 

To me he also seemed a little uncomfortable with the pda on the after show episode, although I remember that when he pulled away from her then, he did so playfully because I read his lips and he said “ ha! You missed” and laughed.... I think he doesn’t like pda as much as Joy but the th scene seemed to be really early on their marriage. Maybe as they got more time to be together on their honeymoon and at home,  they’re finding sort of a middle ground between what each of them prefers regarding pda.

Also in Austin's defence, this is not PDA out on the street or in public, but PDA on an internationally televised program.  I may be comfortable with snogging with my beau on the streets of the city I live in, but I'm not sure I would want to do it on TV.  Whereas Joy is probably so used to the TV cameras, it's not a big deal for her.

I don't know if Austin doesn't like PDA though; he seemed perfectly comfortable at the wedding and that was televised to the same extent. So what changed? 

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived