IGNORED

Joy & Austin 15: Standing for the Fetus

choralcrusader8613

Guys, I kind of meant I would mentally adopt a Duggar baby born on my birthday. Not one of the existing adults. :pb_lol:

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of women just don't give a specific date. I only know a handful of people who gave birth ON their actual due date, most are over or under by a few days.  To say I'm due late Feb or early March is very reasonable when telling people as most people realize babies come when they want to come, not when they are expected to.

The only person in my immediate family who shares a birthdate with a Duggar is my stepfather who shares it with Kendra.  I don’t know why, but I’m feeling pretty smug right now.

No one in my family shares a bday with a Duggar (neither do I), I'm sure at some point we will. I have a friend who was born the same day and year as Jinger, she doesn't know the Duggars and thinks I'm crazy because I follow them, lol.

44 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

The only person in my immediate family who shares a birthdate with a Duggar is my stepfather who shares it with Kendra.  I don’t know why, but I’m feeling pretty smug right now.

I don't know about anyone else, but I know none of them share one with me, or I think hubby or the kids, but I'm not 100% sure because I 100% don't care when their birthdays are or if I or anyone I love shares them. :pb_lol:

I think I'm pretty firmly in the camp that Joy and Austin didn't kiss (or go any further) before their wedding, BUT having just watched Joe and Kendra's wedding, Joy and Austin seemed weirdly comfortable around each other physically. Case in point, after Joe and Kendra's first kiss they still seemed kind of awkward and shy about kissing, which seems totally normal - you're not going to go from being hyper-vigilant about not side hugging too much to being comfortable kissing in front of hundreds people. The fact Joy and Austin took to kissing like ducks to water seems a little strange.

Though, like I said, I still don't think they did anything before the wedding. I think it probably just comes down to Joy having a lot more freedom and probably being more laid back about non-sexual touching, whereas Kendra and Joe seemed a lot more strict about the touching aspect of their relationship. For example I think they said somewhere they limited themselves to 2 side-hugs a day - I don't think Joy and Austin had any parameters like that.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think a lot of women just don't give a specific date. I only know a handful of people who gave birth ON their actual due date, most are over or under by a few days.  To say I'm due late Feb or early March is very reasonable when telling people as most people realize babies come when they want to come, not when they are expected to.

We told family and close friends our exact due date. Everyone else was told mid-January. My sister did the same when she was pregnant with her son.

With my history of not going to term, I may just say the month or season next time. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I would love to share a birthday with a Duggar. I'd mentally adopt them and root for them throughout their life. :pb_lol: Right now it's looking like I've got a pretty good shot at sharing it with the next royal baby, though. Come on, Kate, don't let me down again!

Given that Kate was announced as being due in April with Charlotte, with the press camped outside the hospital for pretty much the entire month, but ended up actually giving birth at the beginning of May? I'm not holding out for your chances this time either @singsingsing:my_biggrin:

4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Is it NOT common in other areas for women to say "I'm due on X, but I'll probably deliver closer to Y"?  

I'd say it's fairly common, especially if you know the date of conception and it doesn't line up with the usual method of calculating the date. I know a family member was due one day and went a week late; her husband guessed the right date, because, as she said, he was there at the time!

Personally, I told people that my son was due at the end of x month/near y major holiday. Because who knows? (I was convinced I was going to go over dates. I was induced a week early and I think he would have been born right about then anyway, due to certain factors.)

Happily, I don't share a birthday with a Duggar! Haven't checked to swe if anyone else does, though.

I haven’t heard of the two due dates thing, but I’ll take your word for it as I haven’t been pregnant in nearly 8 years...

Having caught up with the Jostin wedding I really thought that when Joy was walking down the aisle she looked like Michelle, like more than I've ever thought before. It's funny how you suddenly spot family resemblances, whether it be by a facial expression or different angle. Did anyone else think this?

I must say it is nice to see the natural chemistry between them as newly weds and the more we see of Austin the less camera shy he gets.

I've never heard of the two due dates thing either and I had a baby two years ago lol. But Like others have said, most people I know don't announce the exact due date either. They just say a month, maybe they'll specify "late" or "early" like "I'm due late August."

I think it's not about actually having two due dates, it's just them telling themselves that they have a "second due date" so that they won't be disappointed if they go late. 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

We told family and close friends our exact due date. Everyone else was told mid-January.

My close friends and family know my exact due date too. The weird thing to me is when people I don't know well will ask when I'm due, I will say "December" or "mid-December" and every time they will ask what specific day. Like dude, why do you care? It just seems so nosey. *shrug*

On 10/24/2017 at 10:04 PM, Demonfan said:

@SapphireSlytherin @feministxtian sister's United in their love of the V8 (hemi of course)

Either of you would have been the most loved, best-taken care of wife of my late former husband.  I think used motor oil was an aphrodisiac for him.  I guess I was a little too frilly.

Does a Prius count? Bet you can't fold down the seats and sleep comfortably in the back on a rest area like we did last summer. 50+ miles to the gallon, too. :laughing-rolling: I'm kidding.

I'm the only one in my family that shares a birthday with a Duggar. I share a birthday with Meredith. But also Ginger Rogers! 

I was due on Labor Day, so I got to just tell people "Labor Day" when asked when I was due. Otherwise I would have just said "early September." My favorite anecdote about this involves one coworker who apparently doesn't know the difference between Memorial Day and Labor Day. So when they saw me walking around the office in early June I got: "You still haven't had that baby?!" 

Plan for next baby: to not tell anyone until at least 20 weeks and then only say what month I'm due!

28 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I was due on Labor Day, so I got to just tell people "Labor Day" when asked when I was due. Otherwise I would have just said "early September." My favorite anecdote about this involves one coworker who apparently doesn't know the difference between Memorial Day and Labor Day. So when they saw me walking around the office in early June I got: "You still haven't had that baby?!" 

Plan for next baby: to not tell anyone until at least 20 weeks and then only say what month I'm due!

Is it bad that I’m seriously thinking about not mentioning being pregnant on the Pregancy/Parenting thread until I’m either halfway through or in labor? I feel like it’d be wicked funny to see everyone’s reactions if I was all like, “Velocibaby is doing good. Here’s her latest milestones. Oh, and here’s the kid I just popped out! Anyone else do something cool today?” :pb_lol:

I only told my immediate family the actual due date. Everyone else I told them early spring. I haven't had anyone ask for a specifi date or anything which i would find really intrusive from anyone but I'm a cranky bitch. 

16 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

My close friends and family know my exact due date too. The weird thing to me is when people I don't know well will ask when I'm due, I will say "December" or "mid-December" and every time they will ask what specific day. Like dude, why do you care? It just seems so nosey. *shrug*

I've had the same experience. And I do technically have two due dates...one the actual due date and one the induction date which hasn't been specifically determined yet. So its weird for me having to be like well I'm due this day but they'll likely make me go around this date...I should just start fibbing and give some random date to keep people away. I do think its a little weird for Joy to just assume she won't go into labor until over a week after her due date though. Even if its common with your first to go later I still find it weird for some reason.

33 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I've had the same experience. And I do technically have two due dates...one the actual due date and one the induction date which hasn't been specifically determined yet. So its weird for me having to be like well I'm due this day but they'll likely make me go around this date...I should just start fibbing and give some random date to keep people away. I do think its a little weird for Joy to just assume she won't go into labor until over a week after her due date though. Even if its common with your first to go later I still find it weird for some reason.

She may be basing that off her sisters’ experiences. Both Jill and Jessa have given birth after their due dates. I wouldn’t be surprised if genetics were involved somehow because the same is true in my family - my mom had my sister 10 days early, I was 2 days early, my brother was 2 days early as well, and my sister had her son 4 days early. 

I also think she likely has a second later date in mind for the reason Jill stated when she was pregnant with Izzy - she didn’t want to be discouraged if she didn’t go into labor by then.

(And I’m really hoping the whole going late with your first isn’t universally true. I don’t want to think about how early I could go if we’re lucky enough to have a second baby.)

39 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I think the smartest thing Jill has ever done was set that 2nd due date, because so many women who go over or on their due date start getting antsy before the due date and then some will do weird ass things to get labor going before they should because MOST babies will come when they are ready, some are ready at 38/39 weeks some at 41 in most cases is it is best to follow nature,  Baring medical issues and other complications then just do what you and the doctor feel is best, not your neighbors mother's Aunt.

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

(And I’m really hoping the whole going late with your first isn’t universally true. I don’t want to think about how early I could go if we’re lucky enough to have a second baby.)

I was worried about that too, my 1st was born at 36 weeks after a PROM at 35 wks 6 days. Thankfully #2 held on until 10 days before her due date, I had a scheduled C (she was bigger than #1 & I couldn't push him out) but I went into labor in the wee morning hours of her scheduled day, so she would have been born that day, or the next, even if we had waited another week to schedule the C-section.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived