IGNORED

Joy & Austin 15: Standing for the Fetus

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@feministxtian Have you considered adding personal "fun money" into your monthly budget? A certain amount that you and your partner each get to spend or save as you please? Not my life, bot my business I know,but... I understand being on a budget, or more money coming into the home from one partner, and definitely discussing large expenditures.... but where I live one spouse controlling the other's access to money is considered spousal abuse. If it's your decision, more power to you and please accept my apology, I mean no snark. It's just not something I'd ever choose for myself.

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I only get gel manis. Its worth the extra few bucks for me. No chipping, no nothing until I get it taken off at my next mani/pedi. The gel is tough enough to stand up to working on my car...put a serpentine belt on just a day or so after a mani...and if you've ever dealt with that belt, you'd know there's not a helluva lot of room for hands....loosen the tension pulley, put the damn belt around all the damn pulleys going in the right damn direction (crank/waterpump is a fkn nightmare in my Mustang)...pray like hell it's on right, tighten the tension pulley and start the car...with fingers crossed. My hands looked like greasy hamburger but my nails still looked great.

Here we're getting to the time of year when pedis aren't really required, it's cooled  off enough to wear regular shoe instead of sandals/flip flops most of the time. I'll probably still get pedis until the end of November and start back up in March...

Thank God I just started a new full time job so I can once again afford the necessary "girl stuff"...w/o asking hubby for the $ (he's never said no but I hate asking). 

I currently have a dark red gel with a glitter overcoat to match the anniversary present bling...I'll probably stay in the same red/glitter family for awhile. 

I'm really considering trying gels, seeing that I wash my hands so much. I just haven't had the ambition to get myself into a salon and get them done lately!

9 hours ago, calimojo said:

@feministxtianI am not asking this to be snarky, but do you really have to ask your husband for permission to buy 'girl' stuff?  

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I think she was saying that she didn't feel right spending the extra money when there was only one income in the house? 

I have a permanent disability from a chronic pain condition which means I can't work and we live off my husband's income. Our view is that making a lifetime commitment to each other means what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours. We have a budget that gives us an allowance each week to spend however we want. But I do understand that a larger purchase for something frivolous can make you feel guilty if you are the person being supported financially. Usually if something I want is more than my allowance, I'll discuss it with him first. But it's more to work out where that money will come from the other budget items and a courtesy heads-up. He never treats it like it's "his" money. Legally, if you're married your assets are 50/50 anyway, right? But money is a tough subject for any couple and how you jointly spend it is pretty personal. After her divorce my mom has kept her individual account and never made a joint account when she remarried because her independence really mattered to her. 

Gel manicures are amazing, I do my own, they're very easy. If it's the kind that needs the light, however, you do absolutely need the light or it will never ever dry... it's got a tacky layer that gets wiped off after it's cured, but without the light it doesn't cure. I got the Jamberry gel system (only because I had a party and got it for cheap - there are much better out there for cheaper, and their polishes are way overpriced) but it works with any polish that uses an LED light. I put a layer of gel over my Jamberry wraps too, helps them stay nicer longer. 

That said, it's been months since I did my nails. I need to get back to that. I have so much cool Halloween nail stuff!

10 hours ago, JillsFlowerHeadband said:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I think she was saying that she didn't feel right spending the extra money when there was only one income in the house? 

I ask because it'd be coming out of his bank account (they're both joint but on one I'm the primary and on the other he's the primary). I also ask because it's polite. I'm REALLY weird about not having a paycheck...I HATE asking anyone for money even though hubs doesn't give a damn. He happily tells me to go get "done" and flips me the debit card...but...it's a thing for me. A delightful carry over from my X who was a total shit about money while I was a SAHM

I used to get gel manis but the gel was really tough on my nails.  I switched to the NexGen powder and my nails seem stronger.  I always consider slipping a gel week in there because I LOVE gel colors.

I love the mood gel colors that change depending on how warm your hands are. My niece will spend ages giving me manicures with ice because color changing nails are the coolest thing, she even gives the hand massage and asks hopefully for a tip. Her dad is a heavy sleeper and wakes up from couch naps rocking nails painted by a 4 year old pretty often.

3 hours ago, cascarones said:

I love the mood gel colors that change depending on how warm your hands are. My niece will spend ages giving me manicures with ice because color changing nails are the coolest thing, she even gives the hand massage and asks hopefully for a tip. Her dad is a heavy sleeper and wakes up from couch naps rocking nails painted by a 4 year old pretty often.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gotta love the dads who get polished and gotta love the dads who do the polishing for their princesses.  Somewhere I have a picture of my s-i-l Zolton polishing granddaughter (Omega's) toenails.

Will there be thousands of posts about nail polish and photos of fingernails now? I just recovered from it in another thread. I can’t take anymore. Should stop reading here for the next four weeks?

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Will there be thousands of posts about nail polish and photos of fingernails now? I just recovered from it in another thread. I can’t take anymore. Should stop reading here for the next four weeks?

I'd check back in Feb. I'm guessing there will be nothing to talk about until baby Forsyth shows up.

14 hours ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Gotta love the dads who get polished and gotta love the dads who do the polishing for their princesses.  Somewhere I have a picture of my s-i-l Zolton polishing granddaughter (Omega's) toenails.

Ha! I love it too. Mr JFH has been known to sport polished nails, courtesy of LF1! Ex-Mr JFH was and still is always game for a good manicure too. :D She's quite proud of the fact that both her Dad and B-Dad (short for Bonus Dad as she calls Mr JFH) will usually keep her polish jobs on at least till the end of that day. 

11 hours ago, Demonfan said:

@feministxtian a fellow muscle car enthusiast who also loves gel polish? I thought I was the only one...

You can be girly AND get dirty with the boys...I'm celebrating today...finally got my beast out of the shop...They even fixed the window motor for free! One more repair and she'll FINALLY be 100%. 

@Demonfan - @feministxtian Knows I’m a gear head. I don’t do my nails (but my hair is always on point). I’ve rebuilt engines, welded exhaust systems, and done engine conversions. Love me some mechanicing. Lol

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

@Demonfan - @feministxtian Knows I’m a gear head. I don’t do my nails (but my hair is always on point). I’ve rebuilt engines, welded exhaust systems, and done engine conversions. Love me some mechanicing. Lol

You have no idea how bad I want to pull the 5.4 motor out of hub's expedition, break it down, rebuild it and slam it in the 'stang. That would be one helluva ass kicker...keep the body stock as hell, everything stock as hell with that beast under the hood. I could dump the 4.6 back in the expedition...maybe it's a good thing I don't have a garage or the engine hoist or the tools right now...yeah, a New Edge 'stang with a 5.4 in it...that's good for 400-500 to the back wheels...

Now that I'm drooling...

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yep. I love me a V8, but my 4-banger Ecoboost ‘Stang is pretty fucking awesome too. 

I've heard they're pretty quick. Thing is, I'm old as hell...and back in the day our motto was "there is no replacement for displacement"...I wouldn't say no to a hellcat challenger though...707 ponies under the hood...DAYMN!!!

I sometimes think I need to grow up...then I'm like "nah...I'm good". Can't wait to get the beast out on the track again...

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I've heard they're pretty quick. Thing is, I'm old as hell...and back in the day our motto was "there is no replacement for displacement"...I wouldn't say no to a hellcat challenger though...707 ponies under the hood...DAYMN!!!

I sometimes think I need to grow up...then I'm like "nah...I'm good". Can't wait to get the beast out on the track again...

I’m old as dirt too, but that ecoboost is simply amazing. 0-60 in 5.2... SO much torque. And the paddle shifters make it fun when I don’t wanna just tootle around. :)

I just might own a Challenger alas, not the Demon... But I would love a Mustang as well (I'm greedy)!

When I bought my ecoboost Stang, they had the Shelby GT350R in the showroom. It had a CROWD around it... But damn:  $70k???

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived