IGNORED

Joy & Austin 15: Standing for the Fetus

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin posted on Instagram for Joy's birthday. Not a single mention of impending motherhood and all the pictures in the post were pre baby bump. He really does seem to love and appreciate her for who she is.

I hope Joy and Austin continue to be outdoorsy and active. It will round out their relationship so much better if they have those types of things in common. 

14 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Recently my brother and I had this conversation.

Brother: When Hitler's birthday was?
Me: March 3rd. 
Bro: I don't think that's right.
Me: I dunno, someone terrible was born that day.
It took me five minutes to remember.

So my middle brother was born on Hitler's birthday :pb_surprised:.  But he's more nice . . . Though that's true for like 98% of the world ;)

1 hour ago, Fun Undies said:

Me: March 3rd. 
Bro: I don't think that's right.
Me: I dunno, someone terrible was born that day.
It took me five minutes to remember.

My best friend from High School is born on March 3rd (1990). He's one of the most intelligent people I've ever met but also one of the most troubled. 

I, on the other hand, do not share a birthday with a Duggar, a Bates, or an in-law. Kendra's is the day before mine (but I was born in 1989). 

1 hour ago, klabourdeth said:
On 10/26/2017 at 1:44 PM, Carm_88 said:
Jessa and Ben got married on my 26th birthday. [\quote]

Same but it was my 25th birthday

And it was GryffindorDisappointment's 24th birthday. :)

#scorpiosrule

6 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

So my middle brother was born on Hitler's birthday :pb_surprised:.  But he's more nice . . . Though that's true for like 98% of the world ;)

My middle brother has the same birthday. I remember when we were celebrating his first birthday at an Italian restaurant with My folks, an eldetly woman came to our table, and said it was her birthday too. She mentioned that the fact that she shared a birthday with Hitler was an unfortunate reality for her closer to the time of the war.

I think of my bro as a 4-20 baby. He was homebirthed to the music of Bob Marley. It was a happy day. He now grows his own bud, bakes edibles, and makes tincture. He also brews his own beers and ciders. He's all about working hard to play hard. Great kid.

Interestingly enough, my partner is also born 4-20. She's an artist, educator, and successful business woman with a warm heart and a bit of a wild side. When I heard she shared a birthday with my brother, my positive feeling about her only got stronger. Minus Hitler, there are some pretty fantastic people born on that day.

On the topic of Joystin's birthday Instagram post- looking at one of the pics quickly, I thought she had a nose ring. She doesn't, but I could see alternate universe non fundie Joy rocking one.

4 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Minus Hitler, there are some pretty fantastic people born on that day.

We do dates different here, but if you mean 20th April - also my nana's birthday. She passed away last year at 96 and was quite possibly the nicest, most intelligent, caring and loving lady you could ever meet.

Double birthday bonanza here - I share my birthday with Carlin Bates and Allie Jane Webster! This date also happens to be the burthday of a very unpopular politician in my country who makes the Bates family look reasonable...

My housemate turned 21 on Joy’s 20th birthday. We went to a trampoline park and then had some cocktails. Joy could take part in neither activity due to pregnancy (and America’s weird age for alcohol). I’m going to stick with my heathen life I think. (Trampolining was so much fun, loved it, might just make it a thing we do on all birthdays if I can get away with it)

PS Austin you did good, lovely message, next time maybe leave the salvation stuff out for one day... it is your wife’s birthday after all. 

I am chronically on-time. I'm that friend who is consistently the first one to an event, no matter HOW late I make myself leave the house, and no matter HOW many times I walk around the block before going in.

I was a C-section baby, and was born a month early.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I am chronically on-time. I'm that friend who is consistently the first one to an event, no matter HOW late I make myself leave the house, and no matter HOW many times I walk around the block before going in.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm chronically on time or early also.  Even if it means I take an earlier bus or train to get to my destination. 

18 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Austin's post for Joy's 20th birthday

And totally unique and personalized message from her parents

Seriously, Carlin had the best post out of the bunch. Congrats Joy on no longer being a teen bride/mom.

How much you want to bet that Jill had to call her parents and remind them it was her daughters birthday?

Me and my dad are of the opinion that if, "You're on time, you're late." 

4 hours ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I was a C-section baby, and was born a month early.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can we please be friends? Even when I KNOW everyone is going to be late, and so I leave the house late on purpose, I still arrive on time. Only to have to wait for everyone else. It would be great to have a friend like you. We could arrange to meet at 8 and start our outing at 7:50! :)

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm chronically early.

Early is on-time.

On-time is late.

Late is inexcusable.

:)

yes! I always set my clocks about 5 minuets fast. My family on the other hand doesn't go by a schedule.

22 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

yes! I always set my clocks about 5 minuets fast. My family on the other hand doesn't go by a schedule.

Yup, that’s me too. I’m from mid-Netherlands where you show up at birthdays at 20.00 if the invite says so. Everyone is in 20.20 tops. However, where I live now, Fryslân (upper Holland) birthdays start “oh around 20.00” and it is perfectly normal to show up 21.30-22.00. I asked my neighbours if they had another appointment when they arrived 22.00 and they just stared at me. I asked a friend if she forgot or was sick (texted her) at 21.00 but Nope, that’s just how it works. Still drives me nuts but i have my own little solution: if a friend invites me for coffee at 10.00am, I make a mental note she “actually” invited me 10.15 and I show up 10.10am. 

It’s still annoying 10 years later. 

1 hour ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

The clock in my room is 5 minutes fast. The one in my car is 10 minutes fast. 

Being early is not always polite. Sometimes it's actually really inconsiderate. If I'm having people over, and I say 7 p.m., I don't want them showing up at 6:45. 

16 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't want them showing up at 6:45

True - for engagements in someone's home, I generally stall until about 5 minutes past the designated hour. It makes me INSANE, but I do it. :) lol

My clocks are all set with the atomic clock in our kitchen. I don't wear a watch, so my phone is my timepiece. And my car's clock also sets itself from the gps.

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

True - for engagements in someone's home, I generally stall until about 5 minutes past the designated hour. It makes me INSANE, but I do it. :) lol

I really respect that. :pb_lol: Seriously, though, if someone shows up fifteen minutes early I'm not actually mad. Maybe a little frazzled, but it's cool. Now half an hour early and it's a different story! Bwahaha.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived