IGNORED

Joy & Austin 15: Standing for the Fetus

choralcrusader8613

Does helping fix a tractor with pretty manicured nails count? I’ve done that, we had an old Massey Ferguson 1805, an Allis-Chalmers 185 and some old yellow Ford tractor that I don’t remember the model of. Oh, and a Gator! Always loved getting to drive the Gator to fill the hay bunks in the winter. 

ETA there was no such thing as gel polish then so my nails always suffered but oh well :D 

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw THREE GT-350s at the dealer yesterday...ohhhhh baby!!! They weren't bad either, under 60k, 

My bitch passed smog, finally! I'll be getting my tags and shit on Monday...can't wait!

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

YAY for passing smog - VROOMMMMMMM!!!!!!! Have a ball. :)

Oh baby...I'm feeling a cruise down the freeway...yeah...fill her up and get going. Hubby is going to wash and wax her this weekend. 

I saw this in counting on’s fb page on one of the comments... so according to this she got pregnant about a week after her wedding right?

A28F91AC-96C2-499C-BE5D-F93B5A738A5F.png

6 days by my calculations! I am due Feb.23rd and I conceived on June 2nd (controlled ovulation and IUI so I'm 100% sure of my dates :)). Assuming that lady is not just full of shit of course. 

If that's true, it seems she's following sister mom Jill's example by giving herself two due dates (which is actually really understandable and probably one of the sanest things Jill did during that pregnancy).

3 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Do these girls plan their weddings around when they ovulate? This is a lot of honeymoon babies. 

I think it's kind of hard to for them not to, even if they don't mean to specifically plan for ovulation. They understandably wouldn't want to get married while on their period, so they try to aim for at least a week after it should be done. Well, that just so happens to put them right around ovulation. Only two of them so far that we know of (Jill and Joy) have gotten pregnant within the first month of marriage, though.

On 10/15/2017 at 10:10 PM, calimojo said:

I am in the minority on this issue.  While I doubt she conceived or even had sex before the wedding, I do think that Joy, along with probably most of the couples, (except perhaps joe and kendra who seem overwhelmingly earnest), managed to find some alone time, even if it was just for a few minutes.  With as checked out as Michelle is, and with JB busy planning his next long con,  I see the supervisory standards not being as tightly enforced. 

So, just to be clear: 

• Do I think they conceived before marriage?  Most likely not
  • Do I think they had sex before marriage? Probably not
  • Do I think the possibility exists that they had alone time, and perhaps even had some more physical contact that we were led to believe?  Yes,  I do.  In fact, going out on a limb, I think there is a strong possibility they get more privacy than we are allowed to know about. 

Why do we all acknowledge that they often misrepresent their reality, tightly control their image, etc, and yet we still buy into this idea that each courting couple honestly makes it from courtship to marriage without even 1 minute of being alone?  They aren't going to show that on the TV show obviously, because their bread is buttered by appearing to be holier, more righteous and godly than the rest of us, but I think we are being played. 

I often wonder this as well. This is a serious question, do we know that the girls are not allowed to run errands by themselves? Do they ALWAYS have an accountability partner? What about doctors appointments? Quick trips to the drug store? Are these girls seriously never alone? How can a person get day to day things done if they always need to schedule a buddy to do things with them? I may also be naive in this but could a couple both just say "oh I need to run out for a minute" and then meet up with their SO for a quick makeout sesh? I doubt anyone is having sex because it's too taboo, too risky, too many consequences. That being said though, it only takes a few minutes to meet up for some heavy petting. Besides, who doesn't enjoy a little danger?

1 minute ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

I often wonder this as well. This is a serious question, do we know that the girls are not allowed to run errands by themselves? Do they ALWAYS have an accountability partner? What about doctors appointments? Quick trips to the drug store? Are these girls seriously never alone? How can a person get day to day things done if they always need to schedule a buddy to do things with them? I may also be naive in this but could a couple both just say "oh I need to run out for a minute" and then meet up with their SO for a quick makeout sesh? I doubt anyone is having sex because it's too taboo, too risky, too many consequences. That being said though, it only takes a few minutes to meet up for some heavy petting. Besides, who doesn't enjoy a little danger?

With that many siblings who all do nothing at all it wouldn't be hard to get a buddy to do things together.  I have no problem believing that they do.  (I also thinks its possible to get around it if you really want to, but you would have to really want to).  As there are fewer kids in the house, particularly if more of the married kids move away, it will become less practical.  

39 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

If that's true, it seems she's following sister mom Jill's example by giving herself two due dates (which is actually really understandable and probably one of the sanest things Jill did during that pregnancy).

I think it's kind of hard to for them not to, even if they don't mean to specifically plan for ovulation. They understandably wouldn't want to get married while on their period, so they try to aim for at least a week after it should be done. Well, that just so happens to put them right around ovulation. Only two of them so far that we know of (Jill and Joy) have gotten pregnant within the first month of marriage, though.

This is true if they have normalish cycles. Many women do not, myself included - it took until CD33 or 34 for me to ovulate and conceive the pregnancy I lost. Not sure how long it was with my daughter, but we conceived her just under two months after our loss and before a new cycle had started.

(I do not want or need to know whether they have normal menstural cycles - because privacy and just not needing to know. I just wanted to point out ovulation halfway through is just an average by Doctors abd many women don’t follow that type of schedule exactly.)

That said, I did go by the 10 day plus/minus the due date that Jill had mentioned when she was pregnant with Izzy because it made a lot of sense. We were fully expecting our daughter to arrive between January 4 and January 24. But, you know, little stinker decided early December was a better option for her. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

This is true if they have normalish cycles. Many women do not, myself included - it took until CD33 or 34 for me to ovulate and conceive the pregnancy I lost. Not sure how long it was with my daughter, but we conceived her just under two months after our loss and before a new cycle had started.

(I do not want or need to know whether they have normal menstural cycles - because privacy and just not needing to know. I just wanted to point out ovulation halfway through is just an average by Doctors abd many women don’t follow that type of schedule exactly.)

That said, I did go by the 10 day plus/minus the due date that Jill had mentioned when she was pregnant with Izzy because it made a lot of sense. We were fully expecting our daughter to arrive between January 4 and January 24. But, you know, little stinker decided early December was a better option for her. :pb_lol:

Oh yes! Sorry, I totally meant to point that out, but I guess it slipped my mind when I went to actually post. Derp. Yes, that would only hold true if they had "normal" cycles. And really, it could just be chance that Jill and Joy both conceived so fast. Sometimes it takes months, but sometimes it really does happen right away!

I was just thinking after someone mentioned how she is following her sister-mom's footsteps. I'm really hoping they'll have a great relationship just cause we see how Jill and Dwreck turned out with them popping babies so quickly.

No! I just realised that between 22nd February and 8th March I have three birthdays of family members! I don't want them too share a birthday with a Duggar (grand-) baby. Please dear Rufus, may you take away this cup from me?

Edit: dammit! I checked. I have three shared birthdays already. Two family members and one friend. But thankfully its not Jim Bob or Michelle. Or Derrick. I wish I would not have looked...

I would love to share a birthday with a Duggar. I'd mentally adopt them and root for them throughout their life. :pb_lol: Right now it's looking like I've got a pretty good shot at sharing it with the next royal baby, though. Come on, Kate, don't let me down again!

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I would love to share a birthday with a Duggar. I'd mentally adopt them and root for them throughout their life. :pb_lol: Right now it's looking like I've got a pretty good shot at sharing it with the next royal baby, though. Come on, Kate, don't let me down again!

I share with Ben Seewald. Do I HAVE to adopt him? :pb_lol:

(I also share with Warden Bates. I forget which one he is - the three middle boys all blend together in that family.)

6 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

@singsingsing you mean crappy non-midwife and sister-mom Jill assigned her 2 due dates? Cuz I doubt she's getting decent prenatal care.

No, I think she assigned herself two due dates, following Jill's example. I don't even think Jill had anything to do with it, that's how sure I am that she's not getting proper prenatal care. :pb_lol: (I laugh because the alternative is crying)

Jin is my fundie birthday twinsie...I am older than her mom though, so she was technically born on my bd. I got a good one. Josiah was born on my son’s bd...a few years later than my son.

Jessa and Ben got married on my 26th birthday. :P So that's my Duggar connection and Spurgeon was due on my birthday. No birthdays so far. Give it time lol. 

Is it NOT common in other areas for women to say "I'm due on X, but I'll probably deliver closer to Y"?  Because around here, that's par for the course!  First babies often come later, so a lot of first time moms I know give their due date but admit they expect to be a few weeks late..especially if it runs in the family.  One of my good friends is expecting her 4th, and when I asked her when she was due, she said "End of March, but with my history, probably April :(" (she's tired of having overdue babies and is hoping to go early).

I wouldn't consider that having two due dates at all!  I think it's just saying "X is my due date as calculated using a standard formula, but factoring in personal details, I really think that I will give birth closer to Y so that's kind of more what I'm planning for."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived