IGNORED

The Hawkins Family

General Jinjur

Ok, folks, so are we sure this guy is not hosting the most amazing parody/PoeFest ever?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is, he is amazing, but I doubt it. I say this just by going through the facebook pictures, with the revival tents and everything. I think Brother Gary is the real deal. Give him money and Jesus will bless you...

I suspect those who learn English as a foreign language probably have much better grammar than native speakers, probably because they've learned it as a foreign language and grammar is always a big part of learning a foreign language. With native English speakers it's expected that we'll just pick it up instinctively. We get taught it sporadically in school, but likely not as intensively as foreign learners. Dunno what grammar teaching is like in the US. It used to not be so great here in the UK, but it's changed now. I remember learning about things like connectives, plus we had a "punctuation pyramid" on display in my year 6 (5th grade age) classroom with different levels, from simple commas and full stops right up to parentheses and semi-colons. 

Sis mango_fandango

Ok folks. Nothing to do with Bro Gary but still of interest. Jill R has her vow renewal shrine up on her FB. 

Sis. Dancing Phalanges 

4 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I just posted this yesterday, about a court date regarding kids in foster care:

There are other posts too where he talks about it, I just haven't found them again. They DEFINITELY have kids in foster care. He talks about Becky going to see them and going to court, but never himself, so they must be her kids. I don't think they have any kids together, although I'm not 100% sure on that.

Somewhere on Gary's hella FB page I read a plea that his wife have a good visit with her kids and her mom and doesn't suffer from a headache or virgo. 

Apparently those Virgos can be hell.  I don't care for Leo's, myself.  

Dear Bro Gary, 

I have been in deep fasting for you. Jesus has laid it on my heart that he will not be returning until there is no more ween gravy. He said to his dad, "did you see that pink ween gravy on Fj? The guy thinks he's doing it for me. I'm not going back to that crap."  Bro Gary the world is horrible and many of us are ready for Jesus to come back. Please put the weens away. 

Sis Dugger 

PS. Jesus reads FJ because he can't sort out what you are saying on Facebook. 

Ok Folks,  

Bro Gravy won't get in no box (how did he breed) with no man but loves a big hot "red ween in ME"?

This has to be a Poe. Additionally, Hope in Pope sounds like a Dr. Seuss book explaining Catholicism.

Sis Khan 

21 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I suspect those who learn English as a foreign language probably have much better grammar than native speakers, probably because they've learned it as a foreign language and grammar is always a big part of learning a foreign language. With native English speakers it's expected that we'll just pick it up instinctively. We get taught it sporadically in school, but likely not as intensively as foreign learners. Dunno what grammar teaching is like in the US. It used to not be so great here in the UK, but it's changed now. I remember learning about things like connectives, plus we had a "punctuation pyramid" on display in my year 6 (5th grade age) classroom with different levels, from simple commas and full stops right up to parentheses and semi-colons. 

Sis mango_fandango

It depends. I think even people who never study grammar still do know the grammar in their native language fairly well just because they're familiar with the language, while learners take a really long time to know things instinctively like that.

Take African American Vernacular English, for example. It's not a language anyone studies at school (except perhaps in linguistic classes) and a lot of people think it's just "bad" English, but it actually has a very consistent grammar despite its speakers never formally studying it.

I'd say that in general native English speakers do have better grammar than non-native speakers even if they don't understand why something is or isn't correct, but there are certainly exceptions. I had a Russian professor, for instance, who was not a native speaker but had studied English (and about 5 other languages!) extensively and while she would occasionally forget certain words she definitely understood English grammar better than her native speaker students. I remember one student once trying to correct her on English grammar (which struck me as fairly disrespectful in the first place), and he was actually the one who was wrong!

Just now, Khan said:

Additionally, Hope in Pope sounds like a Dr. Seuss book explaining Catholicism.

I always loved Hop On Pop.  This is such a nauseatingly better version.:AOK:

I don't even begin to understand the "no sodomites have rights" thing. This guy is all kinds of whackadoodle.

Sis mango_fandango

The thing about being a native speaker of a language- instinctively 'knowing' what is correct- is that it's a garbage in, garbage out situation.  Can you imagine being raised and homeschooled by someone with Bro Gary's language skills?  If everyone around you talked and wrote like that?  If you had no one who was capable of assessing the things you'd written to give you feedback to improve it?  You'd probably end up speaking weeniesprecht too (or whatever version of Bro Garyeese that floats your boat)

If those kids are homeschooled, I pray that Rufus will bless them with a VORACIOUS appetite for reading and regular access to the library.  R'Amen.

Seriously though, this is why I would be afraid to homeschool.  I think I could do a fair job of teaching my (potential future) child many things, but I'm sure there are things I would not realize I should correct or teach.  I'd be worried that my kid would never be smarter than me, if I was his/her only teacher.  But being exposed to a variety of well-educated, nurturing adults (ie teachers!) might give my kid a chance to learn things I don't even know about- and hopefully my kid will teach me!  

(I'm not trying to look down on homeschoolers in general, I know there are many who work very hard to give their children well-rounded experiences.  I'm just musing out my feelings towards myself doing it, and/or worrying about people who do a poor job at it.)

"Weeniesprecht" is a great term!

Anyone remember that blogger (I think her name was Amber) who was an American who married a Norwegian man and moved to Norway? She was planning to homeschool her children in Norway even though she didn't speak Norwegian at all. Last I remember hearing of her they moved back to the US and she was relieved because then her children wouldn't need to learn Norwegian at all. With her as a teacher I felt bad for those kids either way.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I don't even begin to understand the "no sodomites have rights" thing. This guy is all kinds of whackadoodle.

Sis mango_fandango

He was voting for some amendment or something and part of it was to make gay marriage illegal or keep it that way I should say. It was 2012 so gay marriage not universal yet in the US. Gay=sodomite. Gays are not to have any rights, according to crazy Gary 

7 hours ago, Carol said:

Apparently those Virgos can be hell.  

Virgo here. :evil-laugh:

Sis smittykins 

Ok folks, "I will never go in a little box with any man" is my new favorite saying.

The kids are indeed homeschooled. Fortunately Becky is a little more literate than Bro Gary.

I can just imagine the letter to the family court judge: Ok judge, you give kids now. We give good weens, learn KING JAMES BIBLE. RV Jesus. No sodomites. Bro Gary

Ok, folks

Bro Gary posted about Sodomites without Rights (and good weens) on May 9, 2012, day after North Carolina approved Amendment 1, basically banning same sex marriage. 
Is bro Gary in North Carolina? 

sis. AlwaysExcited 

25 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Is bro Gary in North Carolina? 

sis. AlwaysExcited 

Yep. In Mt. Airy I believe.

Please, please Rufus let this man come over here for a visit. Eventually someone has to tip him off that we're talking about him, and I don't think his ego would allow him to sit idly by while evil wimmin mock him. He'd have to let us know that we're going to hell.

Sis Jinjur

2 hours ago, General Jinjur said:

I can just imagine the letter to the family court judge: Ok judge, you give kids now. We give good weens, learn KING JAMES BIBLE. RV Jesus. No sodomites. Bro Gary

OK Folks. This right here. I am a public defender, and I love to get mail from my incarcerated clients. And I must say that to date, I have yet to read anything from my clients that is as bad as Gary and his Jesus weens.

22 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'd like to see the Hawkins and Rod families on Wife Swap.

I think it would work.

Actually I'd put the Maxwells with the Rods. And maybe LoriKen with the Hawkins. (Since the best swaps are with polar opposites, ya know!)

Ok folks,

I showed my kids the pink weens and a pic of dear ol' bro Gary this morning.  Which lead to my daughter reading his posts, shouting the words in all caps.  It was a fun car ride on the way to school!  They're in middle and HS and were as grossed out by the ween gravy as this dudes world views.  Not to mention the overall writing disaster.

Ween/s is now a household thing here.  Lol!

Sis. Beermeet

P.S.  I heart you guys!  Thanks for the laughs, these posts have me cracking up!  I'm really restraining myself to not quote everyone.  Special thanks to @Coy Koi and @General Jinjur.  It's kinda like making fetch happen.  As close as anyone will ever get!

Ok folks, one more gem from Bro Gary. He's just the best.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-09-06-15-32-00-1.png.d0264cb60c5cb599e6c96675b36d7152.png

I want never stop be amazed at the racist crap they spew:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-09-07-10-59-36-1.png.d0f67cf69783a4f30c9dfaa95bf31a86.png

Sis Jinjur

@General Jinjur.   Oh my cow.  I truly don't understand what he was talking about.  At all.

And, fuck him with that racist post.  Awful human being.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived