IGNORED

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Coconut Flan

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Dullards moved out to the mansion and that picture of DWreck cooking steak is probably where they live. Not quite as nice as the McMansion. I wonder how Jilllymuffin likes that. 

All so strange.

I find Derick the worst of all the Duggar Husband's.  

Derick is a loose cannon that doesn't understand or want to understand social cues, or social perception. He just sends out red flags in every direction.  

In my opinion a big part of his problem is a huge dose of arrogance. He absolutely relishes in his Pistol Pete role. It is a self grandeur of epic proportions. It is a mascot for crying out loud. A mascot. 

He is a LITTLE MAN inside a BIG HEAD garnering attention for nothing but a fake persona. I cannot think of a more perfect visual of  who he is. He handed it to us on a plate.

He is still that little man trying to clothe himself in a missionary persona.  Running around shooting off his big mouth looking for any target he can. ( on a side note I think his down dressing ragged appearance on the CA mission field was so he could appear to identify as being "poor".  Friends and family have done missions and were always told not to wear good nice clothing. Go find thrift fashions so you don't appear rich. That is why Jill took off her wedding ring. It would be a symbol of her wealth to the poorest of the poor and they would not accept the message) 

He loves being the center of attention and I honestly think he believes all his negative attention is good. There is a belief in Christian circles that the more shit storm you raise means you have ruffled up and disturbed Satan and all his demons. So he would see the Jazz shit storm as a positive outcome. He really must have gone for the jugular on that one and decimated the powers of hell with his comment of truth. Because all the non-Christian and liberal christians were horrified and offended. It goes side by side with " the gospel being offensive" .  He offended big time and got big huge brownie points in the Heavenlies  for it.

I think his head grew two more sizes with that. He really thinks he is conquering the Kingdom of Darkness. And all his people he surrounds himself with Pat him on the back. For Derick his ego is as big as pistol Pete and is growing every day.

I find Jeremy has a big ego for sure but not in the same way as Derick. I find that Jeremy likes himself.  Likes his accomplishments,  and likes how he presents himself etc.  To me his kind of arrogance is less damaging than Derick's.  Derick's is feeding a huge source of insecurity. I don't think Jeremy is that insecure in who he is. 

The thing about Jeremy that sets him apart is that he acknowledged his proclivity towards his arrogance and trying to reign it in and deal with it.  And you know maybe he deals with it everyday. I WOULD RATHER DEAL WITH THAT, than a Derick who uses it for fuel.

As for Ben, I think he had a major dose of it at the beginning and has realized to some extent he is a small fish in a big pond. His schooling has been great for him and he realizes how little he knows and understands. I think that speaking engagement with older more knowledgeable men probably was intimidating to some extent. He has quieted down, and probably realizes the show is not his personal soapbox.

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Do Jill and Derick think it's their job to teach "American culture" to others or something?  It comes off like the white savior complex. They aren't actually doing anything to help anyone. They just occasionally have dinners with people and that's their "ministry." Like look at us, we are white, married and have babies. We host elaborate gender reveal scavenger hunts with the whole family. You should be like us. Have a blessed day. 

I think Jill's fishbowl upbringing has given her a skewed view about what constitutes a "mission." By describing 19KAC as a "ministry," JB and Michelle gave Jill the impression that all she has to do is show up, and her "godly counternance" will be enough to convince people to convert to her brand of white Jesus. To be a good missionary, you have to show interest in other people, and Jill and the other Duggars have shown that they have little patience for people who are even the slightest bit different from them.

2 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think Jill's fishbowl upbringing has given her a skewed view about what constitutes a "mission." By describing 19KAC as a "ministry," JB and Michelle gave Jill the impression that all she has to do is show up, and her "godly counternance" will be enough to convince people to convert to her brand of white Jesus. To be a good missionary, you have to show interest in other people, and Jill and the other Duggars have shown that they have little patience for people who are even the slightest bit different from them.

Brilliant observation. I think you hit that nail on the head directly. It was all about outward appearance. Gag.  

Too bad she cannot fathom the fact that the theology she grew up believing has backfired. She LOVEs being the center of attention for doing virtually nothing. Her big wide grin standing on stage holding her baby spoke volumes to me. It literally puffed her head so big I thought she was gonna pop. She might as well have been the only one on the stage because God was shining down his glory on her that day. 

21 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I very much agree. I wish someone would tell the Duggars that they aren't actually saving the world by convincing people to become like them. Diversity is a good thing. It takes all kinds of people. Just because the Duggars believe in some guy named Jesus and certain Gothard-or-ATI-approved rules doesn't mean others have to. Can't they just live and let live? Whose to say their way of life is the correct one or that there even is a correct one? That may be too deep of an idea for a Duggar to handle.

48 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So the Dullards moved out to the mansion and that picture of DWreck cooking steak is probably where they live. Not quite as nice as the McMansion. I wonder how Jilllymuffin likes that. 

All so strange.

i dont think so. They have to fit into a little niche of poor missionary status. If they lived in the pool house rent free that would not go over well with the other students.

26 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think Jill's fishbowl upbringing has given her a skewed view about what constitutes a "mission." By describing 19KAC as a "ministry," JB and Michelle gave Jill the impression that all she has to do is show up, and her "godly counternance" will be enough to convince people to convert to her brand of white Jesus.

Agree x 100.  And of course the production team will agree with them, and their circle is full of people who admire them for it, and they have fans leghumping - the critics are just from Satan, of course.

27 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

To be a good missionary, you have to show interest in other people, and Jill and the other Duggars have shown that they have little patience for people who are even the slightest bit different from them.

Not only this, but they don't seem to ever have thought through what it IS they're offering, let alone how to tailor their message for different people and contexts.  They come across as super-smug that they're holier than the rest of the world, and everyone else will burn in hell, but that's a really bad way to try to convince people to change, especially for people who don't believe in hell in the first place, and the argument is "because the Bible says so" - if the answer to that is "but in the Bible it says something different over here", the answer is "lalalala, you're wrong, we're right".

25 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Just because the Duggars believe in some guy named Jesus and certain Gothard-or-ATI-approved rules doesn't mean others have to. Can't they just live and let live? Whose to say their way of life is the correct one or that there even is a correct one? That may be too deep of an idea for a Duggar to handle.

The issue is that they strongly and seriously believe that the only way to eternal life is to believe in Jesus, and to believe in him the right way. Not only will you not experience eternal life if you're not a believer, you will be doomed to an eternity of torment in hell. So they genuinely believe that they are doing people the greatest service possible by attempting to convert them. Telling the Duggars to 'live and let live' or trying to convince them that diversity is a positive thing is going to have no effect whatsoever, because of this core belief. The only way they would change would be to embrace a more liberal theology. Only after that would they be able to start relaxing and appreciating diversity. So far none of them have shown signs of adopting a more liberal theology at all (more liberal lifestyle changes such as wearing pants or listening to secular music is a totally different thing).

23 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Well, on the Rod threads today we have discovered that SOME people consider American Food to include GOOD WEENS and weenie gravy.  Wish I was joking.  Mr. Hawkins, however, just CANNOT get enough weenies in his mouth.  Weenie gravy is REAL "man food eating".  

I hope this was not part of the "American Meal" the Dillards served.  

Hide contents

IMG_0723.PNG.199d4b2cda7e576beb686888b57a2331.thumb.PNG.18ea8746ff171a914cd195c47fd1caf1.PNGScreenshot_2017-09-05-12-36-18-1.png.eee30721caf7926a58e28f10d358ffda.png.8543e16bb477375953cf6d2e2e8bc504.png

FUCK! I just threw up a lot in my mouth.  That should come with a warning, I just ate lunch.  I don't want to know what it is or why it is, but I'm guess Gary grew up dirt poor and his momma made nasty food nastier and made it go further to fill some bellies. 

"Over the next year, we will have the opportunity to serve on several missions teams. We would be so grateful if you would pray pay for us as we prepare for these trips."

Fixed that for you, Derick.

On 9/4/2017 at 9:31 AM, cascarones said:

@feministxtian That food sounds delicious and it's really wonderful of your church to help! Sorry about the insurance situation, I feel you, in an insurance bind myself. I can't even look at facebook without becoming a wet mop, too many friends lost a lot or are in shelters. The beach house we went to for years and years for a friend's birthday, where her parents had just retired to (and put a bunch of renovation into) is ruined to the point it's just salvaging mementos. Or I start tearing up at seeing all the donations, packed up trucks and happy working photos. I don't cry when I see Joel Osteen still continuing to be blasted for being a toe rag.

Anyone screen shot the new comments, before the give me your money page got taken down?

I'm reading this, and sitting here wondering if I"m going to have to evacuate because of Irma.  Spent part of the day cutting down a tree that was up against the house.  Wondering if we should board up or not.  Won't even say what  I'm thinking about the grifting right now.

I have seen someone literally crying over the fact that their roommate had not accepted Jesus into her heart despite this persons numerous attempts to share the word of God with her. Seemed to take it personally that her roommate remained unsaved. "If she were to die tomorrow she would not be in heaven."

eta: in response to sing's post. 

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think that's the whole idea of the stuff about "testimony" and "witnessing" - you tell your story and show yourself as an example of a Jesus-loving person, others are encouraged by that example and try to follow it and thus follow you to Jesus. The whole idea is to get them interested in you (hence passing out photos of your ginormous family) so they'll try to emulate that.

We figured out your game, fundies!

34 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Yeah Irma sucks and bitch isn't even here yet.  (Off to go spray paint my phone number on my horse)

Is she gonna go east coast, west coast?  Straight up the middle of Florida? Doesn't matter we'll get some of the nasty parts or other  By the time we know if we need to evacuate, it'll be too late.  They tried to call me into work today and had to tell them no because I was taking down a tree in the yard.

Spray painting the horse, that's a new one.  Have markers for our arms.  Wonder if I should spray paint the dog?

@Swamptribe @incognito22 keeping you in my prayers! You too, Oregonians and forest fire folk, the smoke is insane where I'm at so I can't imagine being closer. Our building evacuation fire alarm was going off from it while people were cooking dinner, so I'm a clawed up migraine mess today. Not that I blame the kitty, loud noises, flashing lights and that vibration evacuation has got to be terrifying, but if we have to get out of the building she's coming with us whether she likes it or not.

Where in the Bible does it actually say if you are an unbeliever you will burn in hell after death, instead of being, you know, just dead? I thought that after Adam but before Jesus everyone just died without having the opportunity for eternal life. Are they supposed to have actually gone to hell? And why after Jesus did everyone who didn't believe in him then have to go to hell instead of just have no eternal life? I was under the naive impression that only people who committed terrible sins went to hell to be punished.

I've been so curious about this since I heard of the Duggars and would really appreciate it if one of you knowledgeable people can answer my... burning questions! Sorry, not sorry, for the terrible pun. :P

Wishing safety for everyone and their pets in the path of Irma!

33 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I have seen someone literally crying over the fact that their roommate had not accepted Jesus into her heart despite this persons numerous attempts to share the word of God with her. Seemed to take it personally that her roommate remained unsaved. "If she were to die tomorrow she would not be in heaven."

My old roommate when we were at college was approached by the super-fundy campus Christian group, not sure why they went to such a heathen party school, but anyway. She was from a small town in a very fundy part of the south but was herself an atheist. Though she was very polite and I guess engaged them in conversation so they stopped by our dorm a couple of times after that, invitations to potluck dinners and prayer circles and whatever. When she got fed up with it and told them she wasn't interested, one of the girls burst into tears asking her "why don't you want to get saved?" Like she was literally weeping for her soul.

I have never heard of pink weenie.  OMG. I just ate lunch too. unbelievable.

I still can't get over the biscuits and gravy. This takes it to a whole new level.

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

eta: in response to sing's post. 

I hate this shlock. It really, really upsets me when someone dies and someone goes, "oh, we just don't know if they accepted Jesus". In my opinion, they're assuming that person is in hell, even if they aren't saying exactly that. I know of a few instances of pastors pulling this line at a funeral in order to convert more people. It's fear mongering and so insulting to the family. Don't you dare tell me my family member could be in hell cause they didn't say the right sinner's prayer.

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

I think that's the whole idea of the stuff about "testimony" and "witnessing" - you tell your story and show yourself as an example of a Jesus-loving person, others are encouraged by that example and try to follow it and thus follow you to Jesus. The whole idea is to get them interested in you (hence passing out photos of your ginormous family) so they'll try to emulate that.

We figured out your game, fundies!

Yes. This is it. This is what they think.

I had something else written and changed my mind. Deleted it and then thought it wasn't fair to the 2 who liked it.

I am a Christian. To make it short. I believed in Christ as a kid. I had no clue what it was about. Got baptized at 12 because everybody else did in my stupid family and didn't want to be left out. 

I really had zero grasp on anything. My family was a piece of the worst kind of humanity out there. Vile. 

I still had nothing to grasp other than save me God from this living hell and spending the next three decades of my life trying to recover from 20 years of trauma. In that time I had little and big miracles happen to me that made God real. Oh and I quit church 0ver 20 yrs ago.

I consider myself a Christian. Because of the Duggars and their completely effed up way, it has actually pushed me to pursue why I believe in God. I think it is a lifelong project to become like Jesus. I used to think all sorts of regular stuff. All that has been tossed on its head. I have many more questions than answers. I don't think I am a great Christian and think I all the time when I post stuff about how hypocritical I am too. I don't know all the answers at all. I don't believe in telling people they will burn in hell or that they need to be saved.....It actually makes me feel like my insides are being scratched out when I hear it. I totally think the church as a whole really sucks. I think it is not at all what it should be and am embarrassed and mad about it. It makes me want to bang my head on a cement wall.  When douchebag celebrity pastors won't open church doors to the flooded. When they love money more than people. When they let the bad guys in the pew and the hurting abused ones suffer or get kicked out. When abusers use the church to prey on victims as in my case and nobody gives a shit. The pastors worry about their job, money and reputation more than a kid in their midst being abused by others in the church. And most of all when douchbag Derick called out Jazz. That did me in. I watched her show. I watched it to find out about her. Her story . Her struggles. And it kills me. She has so much shit to wade through at such a young age and does it with remarkable courage. I use to watch Duggars to snark. I will never again put them on my TV. What Derick did was horrific. 

What I have learned from the Duggars is what not to do. Christ is loving, kind , merciful, he poured himself out with compassion flowing for everyone. He helped them in their destitution body , mind and spirit.  And in my own way and my own capacity I try to be like that. To show others life isn't all evil and as screwed up as what I grew up with. And that there is hope. And to respect others and their beliefs. 

What I find fabulous about FreeJInger is everyone on here. My mind has been broadened. I laugh, I cry, I get mad, and I love what everyone brings to the table.  I think deep down what we all want and crave is acceptance, love, respect and a place to breathe and figure life out. 

I don't want What the Duggars and Dillards and Seewalds and Vuolos have it looks like death by rules, and regulations and pretense.  And from what I gather Jesus was none of that either. 

My goal is to be better to be compassionate, less of myself , less hypocritical and give even when I think I can't , even if it is hard and does not benefit me. I kinda think that is what Christianity is about. And it's not easy doing that. I really don't think running around yelling at people that they are sinners was a part of the plan. I think it is so wrong.

I thought it was to be his disciples? Is that not it? 

I wonder if with dereck's...anger?, Over bearing? Narcissism? Or whatever you want to call it with him calling a small child manipulative, and Jill being very submissive or a sheeple if there will be behavioral problems with Izzy as he gets older... I may just be speaking out of my butt, but I have seen similar dynamics play out and they can be quite harmful to kids. Or again maybe I'm just bitter that my dad called me manipulative growing up.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived