IGNORED

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Coconut Flan

The University of Arkansas @ F is a really good school. I feel so sorry for the students there that the Dillards are now hanging around. What will Jill do if she sees someone with Blue hair? (A la Erin Paine) 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Ohh, and I forgot to mention.  Last night about 9:30 we got a knock on the door.  Hubby answered and it was some creeper claiming to have found the neighbors wallet scam.  The neighbor lives in Canada this time of the year.  So, the local scum are scouting for houses to loot already.  We called cops, called neighbors. Neighbors called neighbors.  Police helo flew over a few times.

9 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

This is random but...The Dillards kind of remind me of that reality TV couple "Spencer and Heidi" from back in the day of the Hills on MTV and whatnot. They remind me of them because they were on every tabloid, seemed to contribute nothing of value to society, and you just wanted to yell "go away!" at them. Eventually they did.

Oh they haven't gone away. They have entered the international reality TV circuit (most recently British CBB). Heidi is pregnant with their first child. CBB is huge in Britain, which I don't quite understand. It used to be for charity, now the celebrities get paid. 

On 9/5/2017 at 2:54 PM, Georgiana said:

And to those FJ posters who live with chronic pain: you are amazingly strong people.  

Thank you :) And you made some wonderful points about the mental and physical toll that chronic pain takes.

7 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

i dont think so. They have to fit into a little niche of poor missionary status. If they lived in the pool house rent free that would not go over well with the other students.

It doesn't go over too well with potential donors either :kitty-wink:

12 minutes ago, jegfile said:

Is there somewhere that lists the properties JB owns and who lives where? I get so confused...

Some Arkansas counties have property records online. Not all of them in their area are online so it's possible that he has more than we know about. 

Jill posted some pics on Instagram. They went to a farm. There's a picture of Samuelito with a tortilla on his head acting as a hat...Rufus help us.

Samuel is so cute!! I hope we get more pics of him! :)

Also, Jill still has the link to Derick's removed/suspended fundraising page on her Instagram. Awkward.

9 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

Jill posted some pics on Instagram. They went to a farm. There's a picture of Samuelito with a tortilla on his head acting as a hat...Rufus help us.

Tortilla's are the equivalent of bows on girls, haven't you heard?

Jill actually looks a lot happier in the recent pics. Clearly their "mission-ing" was taking its toll on her. 

On 9/5/2017 at 2:29 PM, singsingsing said:

I have no idea how they met the Muslim family, but supposedly Derick is now ministering to international students at the local university. My guess would be that this is the family of one of the international students.

I can't think of anyone more ill-suited to ministering to international students than this joker. 

But the Dillards love Chinese!

*eye roll*

I really don't understand how this is an income producing path for DWreck. He has to support his wife and an as yet undetermined amount of blessings. It is so cute that they moved to a more modest dwelling. I guess, ha ha.

29 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I really don't understand how this is an income producing path

It's NOT. That's why they're begging again.

Well, the Dillard Family Trust owns a house in Springdale, but the transfer was made in 2013, so it can't be Jerick's. Looks like they're living in one of JB's dowmarket flips. 

I wonder who gets the pool house? Jessa deserves it for pimping herself out in a (mostly) positive fashion, keeping interest in the show alive. 

2 hours ago, jegfile said:

Is there somewhere that lists the properties JB owns and who lives where? I get so confused...

We have a Duggar real estate thread 

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I wonder who gets the pool house? Jessa deserves it for pimping herself out in a (mostly) positive fashion, keeping interest in the show alive. 

The pool house was sold to Grandma Duggar in late June. Ben and Jessa bought the house they've been living in from Grandma Duggar at the same time. There were several other property actions/transfers around the same time.

I knew about most of the RE transactions back in June, but didn't know Grandma got the pool house. I still maintain that Benessa will keep the little house as rental property and wind up in the pool house before the arrival of #3. Grandma is going to live on the log cabin they moved onto the compound property, leaving the PH vacant.  

Uh do parents not put bonnets or hats on babies anymore?  A 2 month old fresh baby skin out in direct sunlight? This is not Jill's first rodeo.

This is a serious pet peeve of mine. I have seen mums, and dad's bundled up in windy cold weather 1-10 Celsius with hats and scarves and baby has a bald head and no hat.  I have seen this numerous times.

It just baffles me, how they can be so clueless. They lose their heat through their heads. 

8 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Uh do parents not put bonnets or hats on babies anymore?  A 2 month old fresh baby skin out in direct sunlight? This is not Jill's first rodeo.

This is a serious pet peeve of mine. I have seen mums, and dad's bundled up in windy cold weather 1-10 Celsius with hats and scarves and baby has a bald head and no hat.  I have seen this numerous times.

It just baffles me, how they can be so clueless. They lose their heat through their heads. 

Actually, the heat/heads thing was disproven ages ago:  https://www.livescience.com/34411-body-heat-loss-head.html

What prompted this? Are there new photos somewhere?

On 9/6/2017 at 4:54 AM, Georgiana said:

It's possible that the work and his subsequent disregard of aftercare have saddled him with chronic pain, which can cause a person to display a sort of "change" in personality.  While some people believe that Henry VIII's personality change was brought on by a brain injury, there are many who believe that his sudden personality shift was largely due to suddenly being forced to live in continual pain.  That is how drastic the shift can be.

I don't think we take chronic pain as seriously in our culture as we should, but scientific research is showing that pain takes up a quite large amount of space in the brain and can impair functionality.  It's something that can be very difficult to learn to live with, and we don't give those who are able to live with chronic pain as much credit as we should, especially when the pain is not "visible" (aka the person appears to be otherwise able bodied).  

<snip>

As someone with chronic pain, I've managed to avoid beheading my significant others... so far... though some have come pretty close.

I agree, it can cause a VERY dramatic personality shift, as can the co-occurring issues of insomnia, side effects from medication, and the mental isolation / depression / anxiety etc.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived