• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Tired
Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Derick has apparently never seen a grifting opportunity he didn't like.

nst

just was going to come over and report that pickles says Derick had to close down his grifting 

Wonderful news about that.  The man needs to grow up. Imagine any one of us doing that. 
Wait we have jobs - I finally got another :) perfect for my schedule 

so Derick follow me lead won't you 

Edited by nst

onekidanddone

I want to know who the hell donated 125 buck?

nst
Just now, onekidanddone said:

wasn't me :) I vote for Cathy 

2manyKidzzz

And they were advised not to bring children under 10. Diarrhea is serious for infants and toddlers. Izzy was three months. 

This is just the worst thing of all. Lying cheating and stealing are one thing, putting an infant at risk to pretend missionary.........

Meh
Dandruff

Is successful grifting a requirement of this program (or whatever they're calling it) he's in?  If so, what will donations of $125 get him?

Tired
Coconut Flan

The material online says it is not required contrary to what Derick had posted.  This is from the Cross Church School of Ministry FAQs:

Is it appropriate for me to raise funding for my Cross Church School of Ministry program costs?

Yes! In fact, we highly encourage you to raise private funds from those who know you are called by God into the ministry and believe in and support that calling. This could be family, friends, your home church, etc. We encourage our students to create an exhaustive list of such contacts and send them a support letter along with a Cross Church School of Ministry brochure (we will provide as many of these as you need). Consider this as a goal: If you found just 10 people who believe in you and your calling, who would each commit to give $100 per month for one year…, that equals $12,000. We believe this is very achievable. It is common for people to raise support in this manner for mission trips that cost $2,000–$4,000 or more. And remember, as part of your time with the Cross Church School of Ministry, you will be going on THREE mission trips.

Highly encourage does not equal mandatory requirement unless one hears and reasons like a Derick Dillard (Duggar).  

Georgiana

My goodness, the Dillards really are NOT cut out to be public personalities, are they? 

Snarkylark
45 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

My goodness, the Dillards really are NOT cut out to be public personalities, are they? 

Apparently not without a good publicist. 

SportsgalAnnie

Wow, Derrick needs a hard reality check.

Bad Wolf

Derelict Dillard.

Waffle Time
metheglyn
2 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Well, it was done in two stages. One person donated $100, and then a later donor added $25. Assuming, of course, that it wasn't the same person donating and claiming to be separate people to make the fundraiser say there were multiple backers.

jozina

I am surprised more stupid leg humpers haven't donated money.  $125 Derelict?  You are so pathetic.  Those comments are gold.

Spent
feministxtian

Ya know, if my brittle diabetic, 55 year old husband can spend 12 hours a day on his feet with irregular breaks for meals, etc. then fucking douchederik can get up off his ass and get a fucking JOB! Ok, I'm unemployed...I wish I wasn't but I don't think I could cope with a job right now because of that fucking car accident. 

He's got a fucking degree, there's a shitton of jobs he could do with that degree, including doing the bridge to teaching program where you get provisionally certified for 2 years and complete a MEd. I've thought of doing that since they're crying for STEM teachers here in sin city. I need to scrape up the bucks to take the ONE class I need to finish undergrad...AND..the bridge to teaching program PAYS for the MEd. Talk about SCORE!!!! But, that would involve shit like WORKING...

Nervous
Scrabblemaster

I already wondered how long it would take until they close that fundraising grifting. I didn't expect it that soon. 

Fluffy14

Derick is unfit for service. He is unfit to do missionary work. As far as repentance he has done none of it. He closes his ministry the exact time he has to show what he has done with funding??

To Cross Church. Is this the kind of missionary you want to support and be in your program?

He has been caught embellishing the truth, lying by omission,  hiding his Financials , unwilling to provide and work for his family.

He has been unloving, unkind, abrasive to unbelievers,  and points fingers at the "sin" of others on an international platform.

Cross Church are you going to overlook this behaviour and put him on a pedestal  as an example to the youth of C3, and a missionary bearing the name of Cross Church?  

Where pray tell are your standards?

SorenaJ

To Derick: Get a proper job you fucking loser. 

(I feel like I have written the exact post several times before) 

Pull yourself together man and provide for your family, ffs. 

Chewing Gum

I really wonder how the rest of the family responds to Derick when they see him. Pity? Consoling (spelling?) him for hurt feelings? Agreeing there is "still much work to do" with the ebil Satan? Or are they silently agreeing with the functional thinking people and upset he is distroying their brand even further? Cute Spurgeon can only take them so far. He does know how to handle his balls better than Derick though :my_biggrin: .

CoveredInBees

Every time I come to the Dills thread I end up with this playing in my head:

HarleyQuinn

I can't believe I'm going to say this since they frequently just copy/paste from here but that comment from the inquisitor journalist was really good. That's how People Mag should be speaking about the Duggars. 

ChestHugger

I looked on instagram and noticed Jessa has liked every post of Jill's except the cross church missionary ones. I'd like to assume that even they think this decision is terrible too.

CoveredInBees

Reasons why Derrick isn't the new Josh:

1) Derrick isn't a molester he just has the same deplorable beliefs as the rest of the clan.

2) Josh and the rest of them actually did a pretty good job of keeping quiet whereas Derrick is shouting it from the rooftops.

What TLC are really concerned about (If they are, I think they might actually be loving all the publicity) is $$$$$$$$ and ratings.  

Becket70

Derek should watch the movie "Chariots of Fire" to see what being a dedicated missionary looks like. (it is based on a true story). Derek appears to be playing at being a missionary and seems like a complete phony.