IGNORED

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Coconut Flan

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where and why did dereck call Izzy manipulative? Ikeep seeing that mentioned. I live in the boonies and have to basically stand on my head and do a rain dance to get any kind of reliable internet. 

Maybe they ordered takeout for their "American" dinner? :noodles:

Using a a gift card from a 'supporter' of course. 

IMG_0973.JPG

23 minutes ago, Firebird said:

So where and why did dereck call Izzy manipulative? Ikeep seeing that mentioned.

Derick said it on the show in the one of the talking heads, where they ask generally about what Izzy's into, etc. He definitely said manipulative. I personally didn't take it as seriously as others here did - I think he just meant it in the way that kids will try to negotiate an extra dessert from you or whatever. But Derick is too dopey to articulate himself well.

I believe there was an entire discussion by derick about Izzy "not being trained" enough.... no sacrificial giving or some such nonsense.. he wanted something, said, "I love yu papi", and then asked for the thing, and Derick said he was trying to manipulate him. At the time Izzy was younger than two years, so I don't believe he was doing anything but what babies do, but Derick had it as they were failed parents for having a child who repeatedly asked for something after being told no. Since Derick can't be a "failure', it had to be that Izzy was a manipulative little thing... what did they call it? Vipers in diapers?

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@LiterallyBananas Here's the Duggar family summaries thread I put together. Read through the summary for Jill and Derick (fifth down) - it may answer your questions.

Thank you so much for the FYI. :) 

@Fluffy14, I think you are really into something. I also think that the Duggars sudden rise to fame had something to do with it as well. Jill never experienced what it was like to give on a budget. They were either too poor to afford it at all OR with a steady cash flow. When Jill saw giving modeled, it was never with sacrifice. She never saved up for a luxury she wanted for months only to give that money away to someone who needed it more. She never had to put off a fun family activity because someone else needed money to make ends meet.

I don't think she gets that some of her followers would be sacrificing their wants to give to her.  She's never done that herself, and she's never displayed great abstract thinking, so I don't think it's ever crossed her mind. 

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Yes, especially with a lot of corporatations based in nwa I'm sure more diverse people are moving there for work. I've heard Fayetteville is actually starting to get more urban and progressive (by Arkansas standards).

They probably saw someone with head coverings, or modest clothing, that tipped them off that they were Muslim (maybe also browness) and approached the couple to invite them to dinner. The couple prob thought they were just being nice neighbors, unsuspecting of their true motives.

This whole post by Dwreck feels like justification for his request for donations. Look, we are doing "real" ministry with heathens in our hometown, send us money and stop criticizing us!!!!  

Yes NWA isn't as Hicksville as it used to be.  Walmart, Tyson, and JB Hunt have brought a lot of diversity and white collar jobs to the area. 

Dwreck always makes me shudder. He's like that 95 year old man who still thinks he lives in 1950. At least the old man has an excuse Dwreck doesn't. 

29 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Derick said it on the show in the one of the talking heads, where they ask generally about what Izzy's into, etc. He definitely said manipulative. I personally didn't take it as seriously as others here did - I think he just meant it in the way that kids will try to negotiate an extra dessert from you or whatever. But Derick is too dopey to articulate himself well.

Nope. I don't agree. I have read literature from Ezzos method and other literature like James Dobson, years ago that say that crap. And been under Gothard teaching at his seminars. Derick was speaking from the manual Jill was raised on.

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Jill is going to need some Aloe Vera, she just got burnt! :boom:

I scrolled back just to see where the smoke was coming from.  It was worth it! 

4 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Nope. I don't agree. I have read literature from Ezzos method and other literature like James Dobson, years ago that say that crap. And been under Gothard teaching at his seminars. Derick was speaking from the manual Jill was raised on.

Okey doke. Well I'm still allowed to not take it as seriously as others. And unless people here feel it warrants calling CPS, I'm just moving on.

Why can I not find anything about the Muslim family? Checked twitter & Instagram... Somebody throw me a lifeline... lol

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why can I not find anything about the Muslim family? Checked twitter & Instagram... Somebody throw me a lifeline... lol

It's on their Dillard Family Blog- September Family Update.

What the hell is "American" food? As a Muslim, I eat all kinds of "American" food. Just today I had a chicken sandwich and a banana. Is Muslim food all camel, rice and daal? I will say that dinner at a Muslim house is a big deal with lots of different foods and don't even get me started on the sweets.

I wonder if they tried to tell the Muslims about Jesus. Muslims love Jesus and are also awaiting his return.

They invited a Muslim family into their home, but I doubt they would reciprocate and visit on Eid (which was a few days ago) or sit for iftar during Ramadan. I'm sure they would never eat "Muslim" food, although he did have Jana and Jill try to make daal after he came back from Nepal.

I hope they at least served halal food if that family is strict about that.

1 hour ago, Imagine20 said:

I wonder if they tried to tell the Muslims about Jesus. Muslims love Jesus and are also awaiting his return.

I would looooooove to be a fly on the wall when Fundies ask Muslims "Have you ever heard of Jesus?"... I'd pay cash money to see how the fundies respond to the answers!

41 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I would looooooove to be a fly on the wall when Fundies ask Muslims "Have you ever heard of Jesus?"... I'd pay cash money to see how the fundies respond to the answers!

That poor Muslim family getting roped into that! They were probably treated like idiots the whole time, or at least with smugness. 

With a previous poster saying Jill probably isn't good at abstract thinking, I think that statement could apply here as well. I don't think Jill can understand that hey, non christians (or Catholics, or atheists) aren't just walking around in a cloud completely oblivious to Christianity. "Oh, i never thought of that before!" Doubt that Jill ever realizes that maybe people have already considered her religion and decided against it, or took the time to decide about another one and aren't intending on throwing it away so easily. I think because Jill and Derrick don't take these religions seriously, they're really struggling to break through. As they should. I do not like missionary work and as a Catholic, if someone started on the rosary that hangs from my car, my cruifix over my bed, I wouldn't immediately be frothing at the mouth to convert, especially since they'd probably be saying information about my religion that I know to be untrue. So I don't want D & J  get any better at missionary work, I just feel bad for the people they're still going to bother.

11 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

it is sad that deep down Jill has a perception that she has to wait a whole year to treat herself to something she obviously enjoys , not that she is worth the 8 bucks or whatever it costs to go in and buy it because she wants it.

These kids perceptions about money is very effed up.

Well you got me curious, and it looks like the chocolate mess is $6.99-$8.99 depending on what size you get. Maybe if she cut back on her steak consumption, she could swing paying for it once in a while. :my_biggrin:

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 07.41.42.png

12 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Since Derick can't be a "failure', it had to be that Izzy was a manipulative little thing... what did they call it? Vipers in diapers?

and that was the start for me not liking Derick. Who talks like that about a child?  Add everything else up and Derick is a turd. Still is and will be everyday.  the Dullards are bad taste in my mouth.  There is something about them that is vapid and so obvious like Jeremy but on another level.  At least Ben is hiding. Thank you Ben for no more discussing coffins.  The son in laws are breeds of men that are just plain weird. 

This is random but...The Dillards kind of remind me of that reality TV couple "Spencer and Heidi" from back in the day of the Hills on MTV and whatnot. They remind me of them because they were on every tabloid, seemed to contribute nothing of value to society, and you just wanted to yell "go away!" at them. Eventually they did.

Do Jill and Derick think it's their job to teach "American culture" to others or something?  It comes off like the white savior complex. They aren't actually doing anything to help anyone. They just occasionally have dinners with people and that's their "ministry." Like look at us, we are white, married and have babies. We host elaborate gender reveal scavenger hunts with the whole family. You should be like us. Have a blessed day. 

20 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

This is random but...The Dillards kind of remind me of that reality TV couple "Spencer and Heidi" from back in the day of the Hills on MTV and whatnot. They remind me of them because they were on every tabloid, seemed to contribute nothing of value to society, and you just wanted to yell "go away!" at them. Eventually they did.

Do Jill and Derick think it's their job to teach "American culture" to others or something?  It comes off like the white savior complex. They aren't actually doing anything to help anyone. They just occasionally have dinners with people and that's their "ministry." Like look at us, we are white, married and have babies. We host elaborate gender reveal scavenger hunts with the whole family. You should be like us. Have a blessed day. 

I don't overly like Jill, and I think Derick is an ass, but comparing them to Spencer and Heidi seems cruel, lol.  I can't stand either one of those two and do think they're a waste of space.  

Here's my thought: If Derick wanted to become a preacher, why didn't he take that educational pathway and pursue his degree in that area? Why isn't he in a Master's program to pursue his dreams? Why do the Duggars (and those who become entwined with a Duggar) always seem to take the easy route; the one that requires the least personal effort and provides the least in the end?  IMO, this all comes from JBD- I guess it worked for him?  I think he got lucky. I remember reading about JB's Christian HS. He was in the first graduating class. The school produced a website that talked about people who graduated from the school and what they had accomplished in life. What I found interesting is that at the time I perused that site, JB Duggar was not mentioned or included at all. If he was such a local success, and from the first, ever  graduating class, why wouldn't he have been mentioned?

Scammers, even if they're not, that's how they all come off. And the last thing most sane folks want to listen to or donate to are scammers.

TL;DR, Derick, if you want to become a credible preacher, get the needed education and do the hardwork, first. Shut up, head down and do the work....you'll be too busy to be on SM and putting what I assume is a gigantic foot into your mouth.

15 hours ago, Firebird said:

So where and why did dereck call Izzy manipulative? Ikeep seeing that mentioned. I live in the boonies and have to basically stand on my head and do a rain dance to get any kind of reliable internet. 

Well if your internet allows you to watch here:

Spoiler

In case you can't watch: 

Jill: He says thank you now, and he's like practicing his manners a lot more now and he'll say it on his own.
Derick (interrupting): he's learning no thank you instead of screaming
Jill: (in a toddler voice) No thank you he says.
Jill: and I love you. He does it spontaneously, it's not like, you know, after awhile we keep telling him "OK Israel now say thank you" [then something else I can't hear because Derick starts talking over her]
Derick: We know that human nature is still there because he's very manipulative.
Jill: He has a will
Derick: If he wants something... Yeah he does have a strong will, and he'll say "I yuv you papi" like if he's really trying to get something, to butter you up right before he asks for something.

Then it goes to the next question.

I hope Jinger leaves that response up on her page. It's golden.

Jill is so stupid, I can't even feel bad for her at this point. I'm sure she can afford to pay the what, $5.00 for that trashy looking milkshake and have it whenever she wants. 

Thanks @TuringMachine. Wow...his word choice was kind of horrible...and him saying "his human nature is still there," what did he expect...a sheep?!....oh wait yes he probably did

They should have had goldfish instead.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived