IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

Just now, smittykins said:

This is just a WAG on my part, but I think Lori is referencing the "trailer trash" stereotype.(I grew up one until I was 12, and even today I wouldn't mind living in a well-maintained, older mobile home that was modified for my needs--i.e., an entrance ramp and a walk-in shower).

This would be awfully rich if she were, though, since Lori and Ken lived in a trailer/mobile home in the first years of their marriage. But go ahead, Lori, crap on people who live in mobile homes. Super classy of you ... right up there with peeping in on stranger's windows and then publicly snarking on their houses. Bitch.

@Curious -- It's funny you mention that! One of the ways we know whether it's "friend or foe" at our door is whether the person is at the front or back door! Everyone (but seriously, everyone) comes to our back door -- friends, family, neighbors, everyone. Shoot, neighbor kids don't even knock. They just walk right in. So if someone knocks at our front door, it puts the whole family in a tizzy -- omg, who is it? A STRANGER?!?! lol. So yeah, maybe the garage door was open because people were moving things in or out, working on a project, remodeling after the renters moved out, could have been anything. I could see checking in with your neighbors if it was getting late at night, but in the middle of the day? Nah. Leave it be.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Curious said:

These two are just merrily going around trespassing.  Who acts like this?

LoriKen act like this. Because they believe they have a God given right to do/ say/ write anything they want. They believe they do not have to respect any boundaries -- ever.  They believe all this because they are the mostly godly Christians who ever Christianed.

They are right and everyone else is wrong.  And they won't hesitate to tell you that.

One more thing, since Door County seems to be some kind of vacation home area perhaps the owners of the property do not live there full time and are in the process of remodeling or planning to get new flooring, etc.  She, once again, has zero idea of the circumstances surrounding the property, but she talks about it disparagingly for head pats from her fangirls

29 minutes ago, Curious said:

One more thing, since Door County seems to be some kind of vacation home area perhaps the owners of the property do not live there full time and are in the process of remodeling or planning to get new flooring, etc.  She, once again, has zero idea of the circumstances surrounding the property, but she talks about it disparagingly for head pats from her fangirls

I am 100% certain that her newly remodeled kitchen looked like a disaster when it was in progress. Sin and Satan didn't do that - a contractor did!

I don't know how they do things up in Door County, but around here, an open garage door is NOT an invitation for people to trespass onto your property, and look in your windows.  You also don't take pictures of run down houses and post them to your Instagram, or "sneak" pictures of church members (even if they are celebrities).

I guess we're backwards, though, because we also don't rummage through people's dressers, or gossip about our "friends" online.

I can't help but believe that these two must be kept at arms length wherever they go.  The other day, Lori mentioned (again) that her church won't allow her to teach submission on their property.  I am thinking pretty much everyone they know, cringes when they see them coming.

Holy effing cow.  The picture she used at the top of her blog is YET ANOTHER home she took a picture of.  What on earth must these people think of her?  She has no class at all.

Jilly:

Lori is that your home in the photo? 

Lori:

No, it's just a home that we walk by and I love!

Lori would flip the hell out if someone took pictures of her home and posted them on their blog!

38 minutes ago, Curious said:

This is what Lori said further on in that post:

We finally met the man who owned this home and he said his mother used to live there but it was a rental now and the renters had destroyed it. He said there was an inch of mold in the refrigerator, they stole some of the carpet, and left the home a wreck. He told us that they were drug and alcohol addicts. Sin and Satan does this. They make things ugly and ruined. 

And then Lori was sad, and she and Ken stopped in their walk to pray for the poor people whose lives were so destroyed by addiction. They were moved by compassion and they decided then and there to see how they might get involved in helping recovering addicts get back on their feet again. 

But no... She went on to say:

God makes things beautiful and orderly. He makes us into new creatures and clothes us with white robes of righteousness. It’s our responsibility, women, to make our homes places of beauty and order. We are called to be “industrious in our homes.” If we work hard in our homes, as we are called to do, we will have clean and tidy homes.

Funny how Jesus never told any woman that she was responsible for making her home clean and tidy. We have one instance where one woman was busily tidying her home and making food. When the woman asked her to rebuke her sister for not doing the womanly thing and tidying the home with her, what did he say? 

“Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, 42 but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”  (Luke 10)

She finishes with this:

Make sure all those who live in your home and visit can see that you have a well-loved home, and as the queen of your home this is your job.

I think it's more important for the people who live in your home and visit to know that they are welcomed and loved.  It'S also important that the people you visit feel respected and accepted by you and like you are interested in them, not the cleanliness and tidiness of their homes.  

One day, we walked by and the garage door was left open so while Ken went to close it, I peered into the windows. There was no carpet on the cement floor in the living room and it was dirty and ugly. We finally met the man who owned this home and he said his mother used to live there but it was a rental now and the renters had destroyed it. He said there was an inch of mold in the refrigerator, they stole some of the carpet, and left the home a wreck. He told us that they were drug and alcohol addicts.

This is the ugly reality of tourist areas that the vacationers like LorKen don't see (or just ignore). The waitresses and bartenders and clerks that cater to the tourists are paid minimum wage in an environment that charges top-dollar for basic necessities. They lure young people in with the promise of jobs and pay them as little as legally possible. The kids find rentals and cram as many people in as they can in order to afford it. Most of the landlords are basically slum lords. As long as they get their rent on time they don't care what you do to the place. He'll clean it up and rent it again. Considering the timing I'd guess his renters were college students.

Oh my goodness!!!! talk about pulling one verse out of context and messing around with it until it says what you want it to say....

That verse is part of a passage that talks about not judging each other for our convictions and not being a stumbling block, but that the stronger in the faith should bear with the weaker.  Here is the unadulterated verse within its immediate context:

We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. 3 For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, “The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me.”4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 5 May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, 6 that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7 Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.

In my opinion, the part in bold is central, and it talks about living in harmony with one another, not wives giving up any decision making power, pleasing their husbands (sex, again!!!!! Lori!).  

Yes, it can be applied in marriage, but marriage is not the be-all and end-all either.  

I think it's very telling how she posted this doodle based upon a verse telling Christians to bear with each-other's weaknesses, and then proceeded to post that blog about the messy house and the poor homemaking skills of her friends.  

15 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori declares herself to be clothed in righteousness, please excuse me while I go barf.

Her righteousness is cut down to her navel and rides half way up her butt cheeks. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Over the weekend at a family get together, my FIL loudly announced that everyone should be praying that we finally learn how to do what needs to be done in order to have children. I was so mortified. 

Daaaaamn, that's ballsy.  I think you would have been quite justified in loudly announcing that your marriage is your business, and FIL needs to keep his nose in his own. 

1 hour ago, onemama said:

Dave is back with this gem on the post about women bloggers being held accountable (or Lori's dig at a fellow blogger).

I can't even think about reading anything from Dave. He's the one who said a woman has to obey her husband even if he commands her to help him molest their children. 

2 hours ago, jerkit said:

Dude, I walk around in my underwear a LOT. If she peered into MY windows, she'd likely get an eyeful of my ass.

I walk around half or completely undressed a lot on the weekends.  I'd rather someone see my ass, than be an ass. 

I think it is really interesting that Lori writes a post on housecleaning and home decor right when we are discussing it here. A member of FJ mentions she is unsure how to decorate, fellow members offer suggestions and Lori rides in to save the day with the Godly way to do it.  

Thanks, Lori. We're happy for your help but did any of your stuff come from a yard sale or Dolllar Tree. Have you actually ever painted a picture for your home or sewn a pillow?  

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

And believe me, I don't spend hours on anything appearance related. Makeup is five minutes. Hair is about two. But taking the time to have good haircut isn't something that should be considered superficial and hassling off your own once a year with kitchen shears shouldn't make you a better person.

It's interesting to me what we do to one another over appearances.  I seldom wear makeup because the petrochemicals that are common in make-up eat through my skin.  I even have to be careful not to use mineral based cosmetics because I tend to develop allergies.  I do this to take good care of my skin, but I've been judged so horribly over the years for it.  And I've always wondered why we question people's choices on this. 

My house is decorated in a style I like to call "early garage sale". EVERYTHING on my walls was a handmedown from my mother's house. The furniture is a combination of what we bought and what was my parents'. Everything shows we have felines. I don't care. Its cozy, comfortable and full of memories. If Lori wants to peek in and bitch about the cat hair, the shoes, the cat toys, the empty glasses, have at it bitch! I LIVE in my home...it's not some damn decorators show room. 

I like to call my decorating style "Tightwad Chic."  I love finding someone else's "junk" and working it into my decor. I also love to find treasures at Dolllar Tree, as I have mentioned before, or other unexpected spots. Some of my favorite vases are from Walgreens. 

One year, I decided I needed to follow the trend and add more black to my decor. I bought a can of black spray paint and painted all my picture frames then hung them all together. I now know I had created a gallery wall. I got a whole new look for the cost of a can of spray paint. 

25 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I think it is really interesting that Lori writes a post on housecleaning and home decor right when we are discussing it here. A member of FJ mentions she is unsure how to decorate, fellow members offer suggestions and Lori rides in to save the day with the Godly way to do it.  

Thanks, Lori. We're happy for your help but did any of your stuff come from a yard sale or Dolllar Tree. Have you actually ever painted a picture for your home or sewn a pillow?  

I was that OP and yea her post today made me cringe. Can't escape those fundies no matter where I go. 

2 hours ago, onemama said:

Funny how Jesus never told any woman that she was responsible for making her home clean and tidy. We have one instance where one woman was busily tidying her home and making food. When the woman asked her to rebuke her sister for not doing the womanly thing and tidying the home with her, what did he say? 

“Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, 42 but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”  (Luke 10)

@onemama, thank you for bringing Martha and Mary into this discussion. I've been thinking about that story for days now whenever I'm reading this thread. I wish someone would mention Mary to Lori. Of course, that bit of the New Testament isn't found anywhere in Romans through Revelation, so Lori would probably just say it doesn't count. And then Ken would ride in on his horse of Truth and say Jesus was wrong.  :?

With Lori ramping up the crazy so much recently, these threads are moving very fast. I began to think she needed her own sub forum - but on reflection, that would actually boost her already insufferable ego. So, even if we get up to 100 threads, let's keep her as a subsection of a sub forum.

10 minutes ago, Loveday said:

@onemama, thank you for bringing Martha and Mary into this discussion. I've been thinking about that story for days now whenever I'm reading this thread. I wish someone would mention Mary to Lori. Of course, that bit of the New Testament isn't found anywhere in Romans through Revelation, so Lori would probably just say it doesn't count. And then Ken would ride in on his horse of Truth and say Jesus was wrong.  :?

I had the same reaction. The story of Martha and Mary directly contradicts all the rubbish Lori has been writing about women concentrating on making their home. This isn't what christ taught - in fact it's the opposite -  this is Lori once again rewriting scripture to fit her own toxic beliefs.

I really don't know why she calls herself a christian. She makes it up as she goes along, usually lying about personal experience to make her point, to fit with her twisted theology.

Many christians wouldn't recognise their own scripture as presented by Her Horribleness.

ETA And thanks once again to all the FJers with much greater scriptural knowledge than Lori - I'm learning a lot!

Mary was actually breaking protocol because only the menz were supposed to sit and learn like that. The women were supppsed to serve the meal and keep the home going. The fact that Jesus had no problem with Mary sitting around with all the guys speaks volumes to his view of women & equality.

Speaking of Mary and Martha, I am reminded of something I have noticed in hosting styles. Most of my friends, when they host dinner guests, clear everything and wash every dish (or load the dishwasher) immediately after supper. We don't sit and visit until all dishes are washed. I even witnessed one couple, before they had kids, mop their floor while most of the guests were still there. The whole time they mopped, they complained about how sticky kids were. They were basically complaining about the children who had just left. I always offer to clean up dishes but I did NOT offer to mop their floor.  

Anyway, I always stack the dishes neatly and wipe all surfaces, leaving the full clean up until the guests are gone. I like it this way because it allows me to visit with my guests more and it doesn't give any implication that I expect my guests to help clean up.  USMCDAD always helps me with cleanup and it gives us a chance to talk about the evening together once all the guests have gone.  Sometimes we wait until the next morning  

Is there a proper way to manage cleanup?  What do you all do?  

The decorating:  My ex and I are both artists, so during our young college years we had cheap prints on the walls.  He and I made a lot of the art that was in our home.  Subsequently we would also fight like cats and dogs over how to hang or display it.  I have an aversion to plain walls....they make me twitch.  I don't think I'm exceptionally good at it, per se, but I know what I like....and it tends to look like organized clutter.  My personal style could be a strange combination of a Moroccan brothel and the French Quarter.  (I really love tacky)  @EowynW I don't think you're a failure at all dear, I think you're just finding your groove.  If that groove happens to be minimalist and clean, so be it.  I've seen many beautiful, comfortable homes that were not heavily decorated but had a nice feel to them.  Don't stress about it.  

As an aside, I have a friend who cleans houses for a living and hers in always spotless.  Like...magazine perfect.  My husband is terrified to go over and hang out because he's afraid to sit down.  He told me when I moved into his house that I was too obsessive over the cleanliness and that he doesn't like it when it doesn't look or feel lived in and comfortable.  So, I guess for some people, there is such a thing as "too perfect."

Lori and looking in folk's windows.  W.T.F.  Seriously?  She has some major boundary issues.  I get curiosity, but damn, after a certain age most people stop acting on said curiosity.  Ya know, SELF CONTROL?  Isn't she all about not being a slave to her body or her mind or (I suppose) common sense?  She is the epitome of privileged.  She really believes she has the right to do whatever she wants to do, whenever she wants to do it.  

Prideful, gold-digging, nosy twat waffle!

ETA:  @usmcmom I do it similarly to you.  I will clear the table or island and get things out of the way.  If I have a friend over who just jumps on the dishes, we'll whip out the worst of them and then I'll do the rest later that night or the next day.  But for the same reason:  I want to visit with my people, not be doing chores.  Dishes will still be there in the morning.

@usmcmom When I have people to dinner, we always eat on the terrace, where I have a sitting and dining area. It means I can take the dirty dishes inside, put leftovers in the fridge, and rejoin my guests. They can't see the dishes, and, I hope, therefore feel no obligation to help - out of sight, out of mind. They're sometimes done after guests have left, but  usually the next day - especially if it's been a really good evening!

ETA I don't have a dishwasher......

I'm fairly clueless about decorating, and my furniture is an unplanned mix of hand-me-down, garage sale, and Ikea or Fred Meyer for the rare new purchase. Styles don't match. I don't care. My office chair was put out for free on the street corner and is mended with duct tape. I don't like to paint or sew, so I rarely do. When we need curtains, as when our neighbors removed theirs from their bedroom window and we had more view than any of us wanted, my husband makes them. He used to make sails, so he is quick and he enjoys it.

I do have to fight feeling defensive. I still remember and resent the person who came to my house years ago for a choir sectional and criticized my lighting. I had a place to practice, tea and snacks, but no "little pools of light" to provide atmosphere. Somehow she never volunteered to have practice at her no doubt beautifully lit house.

What I care about in home decor is art and gardens. There are beautiful (at least to me) originals on the walls, and I will do without new clothes or makeup to afford them. There are flowers and plants inside and out, and homegrown produce all year long.  I try and mostly succeed to appreciate my more decor-competent friends for the lovely places they provide, without beating myself up for lacking that skill. It's the same way I've (mostly) taught myself to feel grateful to people who do clothes and makeup beautifully. I get the pleasure of seeing them, and now that my mom has passed on, no one complains about my not reciprocating.

I wanted to quote @Curious's quote about the importance of seeking knowledge in Islam, but it wasn't working. Just wanted to say that Muslims in the mid to late Middle Ages were way more scientifically advanced than Europeans. For them, part of understanding God was understanding his creation. They were honest to God doing things like cataract surgery while Europeans were still sticking leeches on everybody. Way before Europeans developed the Scientific Method, an Islamic scientist suggested something very similar. I tried to tell this to one of my conservative Islam-bashing friends one time, and he said that stuff had nothing to do with them being Muslim. I think if the Q'uran really does encourage learning then it IS about their religion. And I just think, from a Christian viewpoint, why did God choose to bless Muslims of the time with all that knowledge and not Christians?

@usmcmom, my mom always hated doing Thanksgiving and stuff with my grandmother, b/c they would spend all day cooking and then as soon as everyone was finished eating, my grandmother made the two of them get up and clean and wash everything. While everyone else was relaxing, of course. I think especially if you have people over, you should just get the plates off the table and then chill and enjoy yourself. Wash the dishes tomorrow. That's my attitude every day, though. :)

We clear the table and put the food up.  Then get out dessert, make coffee or tea or open more wine while guests move into the living room,  Then it's dessert and more visiting.  Lots of talk and laughter.  Mr Dress and I clean up after everyone is gone and discuss how the evening went.

He loads the dishwasher and then I wash/ he dries the good china/ silver/ wine glasses that can't be dishwasher -ed.  We put everything away that is dried, Then wind down in the living room with the last glass of wine or a late movie on Netflix.  Our kitchen is separate from the dining room and the  living room so the guests never see the dirty dishes.

My guests usually offer to help clean up , but I shoo them away .  

When we have friends over, I don't give a darn about cups, dishes, whatever. It sits and we'll get it later. Although, in our old house, the kitchen was closed off and the disaster was never seen...well...considering that most folks would gravitate to the kitchen anyway...if they saw the disaster, it got seen...and I'd make a half-assed attempt to clean up. Now, our kitchen is open so I try to at least make things look like neat little piles of dirty dishes. 

Some of the art on our walls are original pencil drawings done by my hubby (who's an incredibly talented artist). In our hallway, I have reproduction blueprints of the USS Enterprise (NCC 1701A) that my daughter found and sent me. Maybe I'll get brave and take a few pics and post them. I don't give a damn what other people think. It's MY home, and it's decorated for us. I think that's why I didn't much like our home in Virginia...it was a 1960's colonial style. Very formal. IF we get enough $$ from this accident settlement and buy a house I want a wide open rancher...contemporary or mid-century modern style. I have some antiques that were from relatives including a marble lamp and an old-fashioned secretary style desk that was made by a friend of my grandparents out of old packing crates. There's still the brands on some of the wood...Horn & Hardart Phila PA. Solid oak an it weighs a TON. It was in my grandparents' house and then my parents' house. The man made it to pay my grandfather for some work he did on the guy's furnace (or so the story goes). 

I'm a professional "messy" and my husband is the organizer. Our home always looks lived in, and this apartment has windows across the front that keep our living room and kitchen bright and sunny most of the day. It's definitely NOT deluxe or fancy, it's inexpensive and perfect for us right now. If someone wants to talk shit, they can talk shit as long as they pay my rent. If they ain't paying my rent, they are welcome to STFU. Don't like the cat hair on my furniture? Grab the vacuum and take care of it. Don't like the dirty dishes, feel free to wash them. Fuck you very much. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived