IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm 5'3 and a half and I'm short waisted, busty; basically Joy except I've never been pregnant. However, the first place I gain weight is in my stomach and it takes nothing for it to stick out. I can look easily 3-4 months along with a massive meal. 

Joy is young but I am not shocked or sad or anything else. Barring fertility issues at 19, you are probably as fertile as you will ever be. So honeymoon baby is not shocking. Bring on the next round of babies, I guess. Is Anna is labour yet? 

1) Are you me? I'm also 5'3 and a half, cuz at this height the half matters! and I'm busty and short torso'd. It literally takes like a soda to make me look bloated and huge. I carry all my weight in the middle. I've learned to live with it. My friends think it's amusing if I eat a massive meal, I tell them that my bra strap hurts. That's how it is for my torso. 

2) Anna can't be in labor now, We need a comparison picture of Anna and Joy since they're pregnant at the same time.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could say I am shocked but I can't.

That baby better not be born between 2/24 and 2/28 I am not ready to share my BDay with a duggar spawn yet. 

( left the actual date vague on purpose :))

9 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm standing by the "bigger" in addition to the bustier. Jessa is 5'6", Jill is 5'5", I'm guessing Jinger is 5'7", since Jeremy is 6'3".

I'm sure I heard them say that Jill was the tallest of her siblings (and she does look like the tallest) at 5'6". Jessa is probably an inch or so shorter than her, and Jinger is not 5'7"...

Joy does look like the shortest of her sisters, maybe tied with Jana, so I could see her being around 5'3" or 5'4".

@Knight of Ni I'm 5'8" and I never considered that comments about height could be that hurtful, so thank you for saying that. I'm going to take that into consideration going forward.

1 hour ago, GnomeCat said:

Man, the duggar clan was due for an announcement and I had a feeling this was going to be the next one, EVEN with the impending D/K wedding which I still think will happen next weekend & Anna's baby. They seem super happy about it so whatevs, no shame from me since it isn't my life.

The Bontrager + Bower TRIPLE WEDDING WEEKEND is this weekend, so I seriously doubt the Duggars would pick that same one.  (Seriously they're doing a dual wedding on Friday then another couple on Saturday. Two brothers are marrying two sisters, then another brother is marrying a different family's girl.)

Just now, singsingsing said:

I'm sure I heard them say that Jill was the tallest of her siblings (and she does look like the tallest) at 5'6". Jessa is probably an inch or so shorter than her, and Jinger is not 5'7"..

IMDB has most of their heights. Not sure of the source.

I'm 5'7" and I hate being tall, and being called a giant hurts as much as being called "tiny" or "short" if you're not a towering Amazon.

1 minute ago, Knight of Ni said:

Ha this! I'm always a little annoyed at what people consider short. One of my husband's coworkers was talking about how tiny his wife is. When I asked her height he said 5'3". How in the hell is that short. Seems to me that it's pretty damn average. Especially since I'm only 5'0" on a good day. 

Sometimes I wish people would realize how hurtful comments about height are. They can be just as hurtful about comments about weight. Yes I realize my 13 year old niece is taller than me. You don't have to point it out. Yes I have to use a stool to reach the top shelf in the cabinet. You don't have to laugh about it. Anyways rant over. Carry on. 

I was considering her height and weight in my she's tiny,  I'm a fucking amazon practically. I personally am used to hanging around women who joke, a lot, and take a lot of pride in their shortness.  I didn't mean to be insulting, that wasn't my intention at all. 

14 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm standing by the "bigger" in addition to the bustier. Jessa is 5'6", Jill is 5'5", I'm guessing Jinger is 5'7", since Jeremy is 6'3".

I think Jill is the tallest girl. 

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

take a lot of pride in their shortness. 

If I were 5'3" I would GLOAT UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME.

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

IMDB has most of their heights. Not sure of the source.

I'm 5'7" and I hate being tall, and being called a giant hurts as much as being called "tiny" or "short" if you're not a towering Amazon.

Damn, who the hell is calling you a giant at 5'7"?! That's nuts! At 5'8" I've always felt, and seemingly been considered, 'tallish' but nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm not sure IMDB is accurate. I wonder if I can dig up a source. Wish I could remember where they said Jill was 5'6"...

1 hour ago, justoneoftwo said:

They got a People exclusive right?  I'm even more curious why Jill and Sam didn't.  Are the Dillards moving out of the spotlight?  That might be good for them.

Do you think its because Jill is suing the magazines in the lawsuit against them for exposing them about Josh? 

I didn't mean that anyone here meant to be insulting. I've come to realize that certain people I know seem to think it's a huge joke that I am short. They can look at me and talk to me and all they seem to be able to see is that I am short. Just a little rant that I wanted to get off my chest and the anonymity of the internet allows it. 

12 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm sure I heard them say that Jill was the tallest of her siblings (and she does look like the tallest) at 5'6". Jessa is probably an inch or so shorter than her, and Jinger is not 5'7"...

Wiki also had Michelle listed at 5'8" no way.  I think Jill is 5'7", Jessa is 5'6" Jinger is probably 5'5"/' and Jana and Joy are probably about 5'4'/5'3".  When you line up all the older sister Joy is shorter than all of them, but Jana and here seem to be taller and shorter than one another depending on shoes.

Spoiler

untitled.pngJessa-Duggar-Jill-Duggar-Megyn-Kelly-665x385.jpg

OMG I'm not in shock but she's 19,she's my age... September I'm going to college and she's going to have a baby... Its so sad... 

It's somewhat possible that Joy has grown since pictures taken a year or two ago, too. I actually grew an inch between the age of 18 and 20, which I hadn't realized was possible. I thought girls stopped growing around age 14. Nope. I was 5'6" at 14, 5'7" at 16, and 5'8" at 20. I kept wondering why everyone around me had shrunk, lol. 

On 8/25/2017 at 11:24 AM, NotQuiteMotY said:

d it wouldn't hurt for her to have a few months just the two of them. Babies are hard.

Too late.  She's knocked up

1 hour ago, SeekingAdventure said:

well, maybe Annas baby is not expected before the wedding, but Joy is clearly showing already? Thats the only reason I could think of... So wedding soon, M5 not so soon?

Maybe they are hiding M5 and are going to come out in a few days with "In other baby News"

Just now, Nefernandes15 said:

Im 19 and some times I act like a child, I feel like a child, I cant imagine have a baby... 

I'm 34 and I still act like a child sometimes. Being an adult is hard. If I want to have cereal for dinner while watching cartoons, it's good for my sanity.

2 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

Maybe they are hiding M5 and are going to come out in a few days with "In other baby News"

At this point Joy will have her baby before M5 makes an appearance. 

Speaking of appearances, anyone see Jill and her family out and about? 

TBH Joy's pregnancy doesn't really bother me and I hope everything goes well for her. Is she a little young? Yes she is. But everyone in that family is emotionally stunted to a middle school level including her own parents. Her sisters waited until their 20s to get married and they are doing no better than her. The only Duggar who bothers me that they are having kids is Josh.

Ugh...I had hopes for Joy and Austin... But I saw the political rally picture, then riding the dirt bike in the dress picture, now pregnancy announcement. Guess they will be full on fundie. 

My daughter is 19, starting her second year of college. She was in a dorm last year, but sharing a house with roommates now. She is learning all kinds of adulting now...getting a checkbook, arranging for utilities, communicating with a landlord, paying bills, grocery shopping and meal planning, along with college stuff. She could not even imagine getting pregnant, and she has been dating her boyfriend for two years. 

I wish the best for Joy, but still a little disappointed for her.  I remember her TH when she talked about college and working. :-(

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived