IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

I know she's probably really happy right now but I'm sad. What on earth happened to Joy? Okay, it wasn't like she was going to color her hair blue and move to a hippie collective in San Fransisco, but I had hoped she'd be the one to break "free" and be the least conservative. The last year or so my hope started fading, and the pregnancy announcement doesn't surprise me. Still I'm sad.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised. Not shocked. Not saddened. This is exactly what she she was raised to do. I am sure she isn't thinking she is missing out college, hanging out with friends or just being independent. Why would she when that is not the worldview she was raised with? She is living the same life as everyone in her family and friend circle. It's like me being unhappy I am not living a fundy Duggar life when my entire world has been shaped by family and friends living the exact opposite. 

As far as Jinger, I have always assumed she just isn't getting pregnant, not that she is trying but it just isn't happening. I have no reason to believe she doesn't wish she was pregnant after the honeymoon. She may be in a Michael Bates situation so I am not giving her accolades for not being pregnant. 

I am not sure why anyone thinks fundy women are somehow going to suddenly live and believe differently now that they are married. As though they are suddenly going to become independent, educated and intentionally delaying pregnancy because there is a ring on their finger. They married men who met their parents approval so why would it all suddenly be different. They married men who intentionally sought out women who were uneducated, meek and raised to be to be followers. If those men wanted a woman with non-fundy attributes, they wouldn't have married a fundy. 

I've said this on the Morton threads but a honeymoon baby is awful in these cults for a lot of reasons but for me, if I was finally allowed sweet fellowship AND I'm expected to put out on the regular, getting nauseated and tender 2 weeks into marriage is hellish.  Every woman is different but I didn't want my husband any where near my bits and pieces.  She's dealing with a horny hubby that she's expected to service on the regular so No isn't really a choice for her.  

This news makes me so thankful that I was not born a Duggar. There is so much more in life than having one child after another. I hope she enjoys her last months of sleeping through the night, and being alone with her husband. Because being over her head in all things kid related is her forseeable future for the next 25 years. 

5 minutes ago, Kailash said:

Because being over her head in all things kid related is her forseeable future for the next 25 years. 

40 years, minimum. If she has babies into her 40s, she'll be 60ish before the youngest could conceivably (no pun intended) be out of the house.

I don't wish difficult or dangerous births on Joy or anyone.  That said, Jill has already struggled to deliver to big babies and Joy seems to be showing quickly. She may follow Jill's luck and genes, significantly limiting her family size even though she is starting super young.

I hope they max out at the lesser of the number of kids they want or the number of kids they can provide a high quality life for. 

She is one of the smallest Duggar sisters (aside from the feral ones) even Hannie looks to be taller than her now. She's tiny, she may only be 6/7 weeks along.  I've seen 1st hand how a very small woman can have a bump at 6 weeks. 

A though on Austin saying he hopes its a girl but called it a him? Perhaps she's having one of each?  That would really grid Jillymuffins gears if Joy was the 1st Duggar Daughter who had a girl & twins first.

9 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I am not sure why anyone thinks fundy women are somehow going to suddenly live and believe differently now that they are married. As though they are suddenly going to become independent, educated and intentionally delaying pregnancy because there is a ring on their finger. They married men who met their parents approval so why would it all suddenly be different. They married men who intentionally sought out women who were uneducated, meek and raised to be to be followers. If those men wanted a woman with non-fundy attributes, they wouldn't have married a fundy. 

What bothers me about Joy is that she was a tomboy growing up and the impression I got from her was that she wasn't drinking as much of the Kool-aid as Josh and the original J slaves were.  Like I said before I think she was questioning the lifestyle and Gothards doctrine so Boob needed to get her married off and impregnated real quick.  Fuck Boob and Mullet.  Poor Joy.

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She is one of the smallest Duggar sisters (aside from the feral ones) even Hannie looks to be taller than her now. She's tiny, she may only be 6/7 weeks along.  I've seen 1st hand how a very small woman can have a bump at 6 weeks.

She's not tiny! She's 5'5" and has always been "bigger" than most of her sisters.

10 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That would really grid Jillymuffins gears if Joy was the 1st Duggar Daughter who had a girl & twins first.

I don't know about that. If Joy had twins or a girl, Jill might feel some ownership since Joy was on her buddy team.

I'm trying to think back (many, many years!) I'm 5ft 3 (and a bit) and I was probably showing around 4 months. There may also be a little freshman 15 going on, dieting hard for the wedding and then enjoying her food a little. 

If we look back to that christian conference photo from 2 weeks or so ago she was wearing a looser/darker top (and probably positioned so it didn't show) whereas today she's got a figure hugging t shirt on and is showing it off.

I turn 30 tomorrow, and my husband and I aren't even thinking about kids right now. Joy has about 20+ years of just being pregnant, let alone raising children of all ages. 

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

She's not tiny! She's 5'5" and has always been "bigger" than most of her sisters.

She's bustier but not bigger.  When they all stand side by side she is shorter than Jessa, Jill & Jinger, and sometimes Jana, I'm guessing they are probably the same height within a 1/4 inch, and depending on what type of shoe they have one they can appear taller/shorter than each other.  

As soon as Joy became vocal at her wedding I KNEW  she was deep in the kool aid.  Look who her buddy was? Tightly wound rules bound Jill. 

I have been so swamped with work these last few weeks, and not able to be on FJ as much as I'd like to be, but I saw that Joy Anna and Austin announced a pregnancy, and couldn't help wondering if Austin has already sat Joy down and had the "No, Jill/your Mom can't deliver our baby" talk yet :pb_lol:

4 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

I'm trying to think back (many, many years!) I'm 5ft 3 (and a bit) and I was probably showing around 4 months. There may also be a little freshman 15 going on, dieting hard for the wedding and then enjoying her food a little. 

You make a good point, she lost a lot of weight for the wedding, probably close to 20 lbs as small as she is (I'm 5'8" she's small to me) even 10 pounds would make her look a size or two bigger.  In theory she wasn't showing 2/3 weeks ago so she maybe just hit that 12 week mark today and announced. Those pics could have been taken this morning on a phone.   Is that front porch their house?  It doesn't look like TTH.

Joy and Austin,

Please do the absolute best thing for your growing baby- this person that you prayed for, and for the love of all things holy, get 10 months of prenatal care and have a safe delivery plan-

You're Welcome,

SassyPants

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Ha this! I'm always a little annoyed at what people consider short. One of my husband's coworkers was talking about how tiny his wife is. When I asked her height he said 5'3". How in the hell is that short. Seems to me that it's pretty damn average. Especially since I'm only 5'0" on a good day. 

Sometimes I wish people would realize how hurtful comments about height are. They can be just as hurtful about comments about weight. Yes I realize my 13 year old niece is taller than me. You don't have to point it out. Yes I have to use a stool to reach the top shelf in the cabinet. You don't have to laugh about it. Anyways rant over. Carry on. 

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She's bustier but not bigger.  When they all stand side by side she is shorter than Jessa, Jill & Jinger, and sometimes Jana, I'm guessing they are probably the same height within a 1/4 inch, and depending on what type of shoe they have one they can appear taller/shorter than each other.  

I'm standing by the "bigger" in addition to the bustier. Jessa is 5'6", Jill is 5'5", I'm guessing Jinger is 5'7", since Jeremy is 6'3".

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

No, no, no..

No, no, NO!

That about sums up my reaction. That and "sigh". 

I'm 5'3 and a half and I'm short waisted, busty; basically Joy except I've never been pregnant. However, the first place I gain weight is in my stomach and it takes nothing for it to stick out. I can look easily 3-4 months along with a massive meal. 

Joy is young but I am not shocked or sad or anything else. Barring fertility issues at 19, you are probably as fertile as you will ever be. So honeymoon baby is not shocking. Bring on the next round of babies, I guess. Is Anna is labour yet? 

I'm 5'6" tall and 15 weeks pregnant. I have a definite bump and have had it for a couple weeks. Some days I can hide it under a baggy shirt and no one would know- but like today I'm wearing a more fitted shirt and my bump is obvious.

Joy and Austin are also cradling her bump a bit which makes it more noticeable. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived