IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I didn't mean that anyone here meant to be insulting. I've come to realize that certain people I know seem to think it's a huge joke that I am short. They can look at me and talk to me and all they seem to be able to see is that I am short. Just a little rant that I wanted to get off my chest and the anonymity of the internet allows it. 

I'm 5'1". That is short. I'm sorry to hear that people are giving you a hard time about your size, be it intentional or not. People never do that to me. Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm so short that they don't tease me for it out of sympathy. Maybe it's because I really don't care. I accepted it a long time ago. It's something that I can't change and it affects my life in a lot of situations. It's not something I never address, it's not a taboo but it does not define me. I'm short and always will be but it is not all that I am.

Actually, there was a comment once that bothered me: Some people told me, I should reconsider becoming a teacher because my students wouldn't respect me once they were taller than me which starts in 7th grade for some (I teach kids from ages 10 to 19). I so proved them all wrong. Those tall kids can be very respectful and nice and they get stuff for me from the top shelf without me even having to ask. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JMO said:

I've said this on the Morton threads but a honeymoon baby is awful in these cults for a lot of reasons but for me, if I was finally allowed sweet fellowship AND I'm expected to put out on the regular, getting nauseated and tender 2 weeks into marriage is hellish.  Every woman is different but I didn't want my husband any where near my bits and pieces.  

I agree about this in the sense Jill kept apologizing to Derick that she was sick during her first weeks and months of marriage.  So that must mean Joy was pregnant when they did the special? 

that didn't take very long. and looks like she's even got a little bump 

wedding night baby? 

WOW

I kinda thought she only drank the koolaid to change her headship

Do you think they have gotten to the point where they are timing their cycles so that they pick a wedding date to be on or close to their ovulation cycle - so they can plan to get pregnant the first time they have sex? 

Or maybe they are having a contest to see who  gets pregnant the fastest.    (Jinger 'loses'!)   

55 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

and couldn't help wondering if Austin has already sat Joy down and had the "No, Jill/your Mom can't deliver our baby" talk yet :pb_lol:

you know that will be a VERY special episode if that does happen. 

3 minutes ago, friendofgreen said:

that didn't take very long. and looks like she's even got a little bump 

wedding night baby? 

I bet so, just like her mother. 

50 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm 5'3 and a half and I'm short waisted, busty; basically Joy except I've never been pregnant. However, the first place I gain weight is in my stomach and it takes nothing for it to stick out. I can look easily 3-4 months along with a massive meal. 

we are the same - except I am blonde and green eyed 

I imagine Sassypants and 5'10 and blonde 

39 minutes ago, pfled said:

The Bontrager + Bower TRIPLE WEDDING WEEKEND is this weekend, so I seriously doubt the Duggars would pick that same one.  (Seriously they're doing a dual wedding on Friday then another couple on Saturday. Two brothers are marrying two sisters, then another brother is marrying a different family's girl.)

I agree. I think it will be NEXT weekend. Maybe the 8th or the 9th.  I don't see it happening on Labor Day weekend because of the weddingzzzzzzz you mentioned. I can hardly get over that event.  I hardly know of that family, but I'm all aboard this 3 weekend wedding event. Anyone else feeling like this is overshadowing Jill R's vow renewal? lol

4 minutes ago, nst said:

we are the same - except I am blonde and green eyed 

I imagine Sassypants and 5'10 and blonde 

Sassy is 5'-3 and continues to be blonde thanks to monthly hair treatments :shifty:-

Sassy's mom is 5'-9

Just now, SassyPants said:

Sassy is 5'-3 and continues to be blonde thanks to monthly hair treatments :shifty:-

Sassy's mom is 5'-9

monthly -- nice - I get highlights every couple of months :)

Humph....so she was pregnant dirt biking

j/k I don't think that's a big deal early on.

16 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Do you think they have gotten to the point where they are timing their cycles so that they pick a wedding date to be on or close to their ovulation cycle - so they can plan to get pregnant the first time they have sex? 

Or maybe they are having a contest to see who  gets pregnant the fastest.    (Jinger 'loses'!)   

Fundie or not, a period on your wedding day is a pain in the ass

I'm 5'5", short waisted, with long legs (for my height).  My first husband was 6'3" and we didn't need to adjust the seat when switching drivers in the car.  I didn't show with my first pregnancy until about 4 months.  One day you couldn't tell I was pregnant and then the next day it was "HELLO", I guess I need to wear a toga now.  

1 minute ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Fundie or not, a period on your wedding day is a pain in the ass

Probably literally so.

46 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Damn, who the hell is calling you a giant at 5'7"?! That's nuts! At 5'8" I've always felt, and seemingly been considered, 'tallish' but nothing out of the ordinary.

Mostly myself, really. My mom was 6'. Her mom was 5'10". My dad's mom was 5'9". But I hate HATE being this tall. Can't wear heels without feeling like I'm 7' tall. I admire Duchess Catherine for being so tall and happily wearing heels - but then, Prince William is tall. My hubs is 5'9". He says he doesn't care but I DO.

I'm 5'3 and change, with long legs and a little torso. We think we'll start taking bump photos even though I'm only 8 weeks or so, but since I'm slender we're starting to see the changes already, mainly in my bust at the moment (he is not complaining). 

I'll get the short comments tonight, my cousin is getting married this weekend so lots of family in town, the closest cousin in height to me a 5'9 female who loves calling me her little cousin, since we all tease her about being the baby. It's never really bothered me much, I've always dated rather tall blokes (my college sweetheart was 6'9) so I got used to the teasing and stares pretty quick. I just hated when people ask or joke what that was like in the bedroom with such height differences and would flustered and blush. He'd then say something jackassery about how he didn't know because I believed in Jesus.

I'm happy for them, they've been talking about kids since they started courting, bringing it up without prompting so it is a loved and wanted little one, which is a good start in life. 

I'm currently in the pet peeve, bubble wrapped phase. It's nice, it comes from a good spot, but I am not helpless. Heck, I'll be a champion sprinter and cat hurdle jumper by the time this morning sickness phase is over.

I wonder if these two will have a naming theme. Also, I think Joy will be the first Duggar daughter to have a girl.

5"7....that is about 170cm right? That is not that tall, is it? I am 180cm (is that 5"9? Sorry I am just using Google for this) and yes I am rather tall, but I don't feel like a giant at all. And I wear heels if I want to.

34 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I'm 5'1". That is short. I'm sorry to hear that people are giving you a hard time about your size, be it intentional or not. People never do that to me. Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm so short that they don't tease me for it out of sympathy. Maybe it's because I really don't care. I accepted it a long time ago. It's something that I can't change and it affects my life in a lot of situations. It's not something I never address, it's not a taboo but it does not define me. I'm short and always will be but it is not all that I am.

Actually, there was a comment once that bothered me: Some people told me, I should reconsider becoming a teacher because my students wouldn't respect me once they were taller than me which starts in 7th grade for some (I teach kids from ages 10 to 19). I so proved them all wrong. Those tall kids can be very respectful and nice and they get stuff for me from the top shelf without me even having to ask. 

I'm under 5 feet tall, yet NEVER have I felt less than others.   I got a few "garden dwarf" jokes in my time and rousing renditions of "Short people got no reason to live", but took it for the relatively good hearted fun it was - never was anything mean or vicious.

That said, got a lot more "cute" and "pocket venus" comments.   All in how you take it - and size hasn't held me back from a very comfortable, nice life.

Just remember Yoda -- "judge me by my size do you?"

Her boobs! 

I just watched the video, and the various belly shots. Based on how round and high her belly is, I'd  say this probably was a honeymoon baby and she's around 4 months. Unless she has twins, but they probably would've said.

Jimboob is no doubt puffing out his chest watching his empire grow.

I don't know if this was discussed, but when J&J were asked about their plans and Jeremy said he wanted this first year to be settling in together, Jinger looked down and seemed sad or maybe guilty, but when Jer said their 5 year plan included starting a family, Jinger's face lit up. My theory is Jeremy wants them preventing for at least the first year, and Jinger either feels sad or guilty about that. I'm basing this just on how Jinger reacted. 

12 minutes ago, Elvis Presby said:

Probably literally so.

I just spat my drink out at that. Oh wow... I can't stop laughing !

1 minute ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Her boobs! 

I didn't want to be the first one who said it but HOLY SHIT BATMAN. And then i saw the belly..

1 minute ago, LittleOwl said:

I just spat my drink out at that. Oh wow... I can't stop laughing !

I am a 46 year old female, but have the mind of a 12 year old boy sometimes.

NOOOOOO I guess this isn't unexpected but it still seems really quite fast. Had to log on at work to see if others were freaking out. I'm guessing that they will have a girl first. Ahhhhh no Joy how will you flip houses?

Also, I don't see where Joy and Austin called the baby a "him." Joy did say she can't wait to raise children with "him" referring to Austin, not the baby. But maybe I missed something.

I wonder if Austin and Joy thought "as many children as God will give us" but now that they are having a child so soon are secretly panicked?? I think I'll be panicked even when/if I plan for having a child!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived