IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

What the FUCK was she doing dirt bike ridding.  She's as dumb as her sister mom.  /snipped

I was thinking the same thing. I had hoped that she wasn't pregnant yet since she was dirt-biking for the first time not too long ago. I'm not saying pregnant women are made of glass and shouldn't do anything, but that's an activity that's risky no matter what. Although, if she plans on popping out kid after kid, I guess she isn't gonna have much downtime to try new things without the added risk :/

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's so young, got pregnant so quickly and seems positively swimming in the Kool-Aid. If she doesn't have difficult births like Jill I can see her having about 25 babies

Hey y'all! We are so excited for our recently married teenager to be pregnant! 

Youngest Duggar Mom so far. We can expect a giant brood from these two...

I can't say I'm surprised by this news, but I feel disappointed by it, since I think that Joy will probably be in the five kids under six club soon, and she looks like she should be in high school. At this point, I don't have any hope that any of the Duggarlings will do anything substantially different than their parents. In 20 years, the TTH compound will be full of JB and Michelle's semi literate grandchildren and their grifter ministries.

On 8/22/2017 at 4:58 PM, speller24 said:

I definitely think Jessa will announce soon, and Jostin will be pregnant soon as well-if they aren't already. Jinjer is waiting and I LOVE THAT! 

We don't know that Jinger is waiting.  She might just not have gotten pregnant yet. 

Damn. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how you hide a pregnancy that far along??? Guess the folks in Arkansas don't talk or just don't care. So she had a little secret while sitting on her husband's lap. Oh well. Is this a Christmas baby?

I cannot believe she got on that motorbike.  

Joy is going to be the Michelle of the bunch. Jill would have been but now with the births. Of course that might not stop Jill in which case she'll eventually risk her life. But, Joy is now on track. Starting this young she'll have 20. 

My guess is that Joy will be the most extreme of all of the  brood.  Its really too bad that she was denied a childhood by her idiot parents and now she denied herself the time to enjoy her freedom by taking on the responsibility of a baby so soon.

12 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I had hoped that she wasn't pregnant yet since she was dirt-biking for the first time not too long ago. I'm not saying pregnant women are made of glass and shouldn't do anything, but that's an activity that's risky no matter what. Although, if she plans on popping out kid after kid, I guess she isn't gonna have much downtime to try new things without the added risk :/

Oh come on! A lot of women do random shit like smoking/drinking/bike riding/skiing/horseback riding/etc., during their first trimester before they even KNOW they're pregnant. I did all sorts of stuff throughout my pregnancy (although I didn't drink or smoke once I knew). But I did still go to waterparks, ride horses, etc.

Maybe I'm cold, but this doesn't make me sad at all. It's just so totally expected. I mean, what was she going to do anyway? She's completely drunk on the kool-aid and I doubt that would've changed. She could have sat at home for another ten years and maybe had 8 fewer kids, which would be great, but then again maybe by that point she'd be desperate (because in fundieworld you're an old maid once you hit your late 20s, of course), and she'd wind up with some complete loser like Tabitha Paine's rapist husband. So meh.

I can never muster up any surprise when any of these women are pregnant. Joy's pregnant with a honeymoon baby? Of course! Jessa's due with #3 and set to have 3 under 3? No kidding! Jill gets pregnant way too soon with twins and goes for a V-BAC at home with an unlicenced doula? Yep. Jinger gets pregnant and suddenly starts talking about 'leaving it up to God'? zZzZzZz.... Anna, Jill, Jessa, Joy, Jinger, and Kendra are all pregnant at the same time? Sure, why not.

All I can think when I see one of these announcements and the inevitable FJ lamentations begin is this:

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh come on! A lot of women do random shit like smoking/drinking/bike riding/skiing/horseback riding/etc., during their first trimester before they even KNOW they're pregnant. I did all sorts of stuff throughout my first pregnancy (although I didn't drink or smoke once I knew). But I did still go to waterparks, ride horses, etc.

But Joy most likely knew she was pregnant....

Doing something somewhat dangerous for the first time =/= doing something you're familiar with. And I wouldn't put waterparks in the same category, unless you're riding the rides (which isn't usually recommended on the signage).

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh come on! A lot of women do random shit like smoking/drinking/bike riding/skiing/horseback riding/etc., during their first trimester before they even KNOW they're pregnant. I did all sorts of stuff throughout my pregnancy (although I didn't drink or smoke once I knew). But I did still go to waterparks, ride horses, etc.

The Duggars take pregnancy tests more than they brush their teeth.  No way she didnt know.

Just now, llg1234 said:

But Joy most likely knew she was pregnant....

Doing something somewhat dangerous for the first time =/= doing something you're familiar with. And I wouldn't put waterparks in the same category, unless you're riding the rides (which isn't usually recommended on the signage).

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't - probably, though. Did she say this was the first time she'd ridden a dirt bike? Maybe she was just "posing" on the bike to throw the pregnant-Joy-leghumpers off?

Whatever. Pregnant women are not as fragile as you're thinking. If a pregnancy is going to "stick" - it's going to STICK, no matter what...

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

If a pregnancy is going to "stick" - it's going to STICK, no matter what...

Uh, not really. I'm not going to speculate on dirt bike riding, because frankly I have absolutely no idea if that's recommended for pregnant women or not. And I totally agree that pregnant women are not nearly as fragile as people seem to think. But there are definitely certain things that can make miscarriage much more likely, not to mention pregnancy complications and birth defects. 

4 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

unless you're riding the rides (which isn't usually recommended on the signage).

My aunt got in a rollercoaster with me when she was a two or threee months pregnant with my cousin. The monkey is 6 now, and apart form being an ass sometimes, is the healthiest thing living on this planet

22 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Holy wowzers. She isn't just pregnant, she's way pregnant. That's another honeymoon baby for sure.

Probably. Jill looked that pregnant at Jessa's wedding which was about the same time frame. 

There are women who smoke a pack a day, gain 100 lbs, get drunk every weekend, snort cocaine, starve themselves, etc. etc. while they're pregnant and go on to have perfectly healthy babies. That doesn't mean any of those things are okay to do while pregnant. It just means they got lucky.

I shouldn't really have all my doors and windows open and read people.com and discover that Joy Brood mare is pregnant 

I said and I quote and I think my neighbors hears me 

Of fuck me 

gotta keep the family growing 

What is jeremy thinking? 

49 minutes ago, karen77 said:

And that is with ovulating THAT night.

and arranged the wedding around it 

next Jessa will announce I swear on date of the show airing again 

35 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It does take the focus off Derelict's debacle, though.

and notice she has jill's nail color down to a tee 

she wants to be her sister 

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Uh, not really. I'm not going to speculate on dirt bike riding, because frankly I have absolutely no idea if that's recommended for pregnant women or not. And I totally agree that pregnant women are not nearly as fragile as people seem to think. But there are definitely certain things that can make miscarriage much more likely, not to mention pregnancy complications and birth defects. 

It isn't recommended, but it isn't forbidden. Riding a dirt bike or motorcycle is dangerous under the best of circumstances and in most peoples opinions it isn't worth the risk, for others it is.  Personally I abide by the if you did it before you were pregnant (aside from drinking/smoking/drugs, sky diving, bungee jumping, extreme sports) doing it while pregnant is fine.  I wasn't one for big risks, like off road dirt biking while 8 weeks pregnant, but I've also never been on one. So since I didn't do it before I wasn't doing it during.

Serena Williams won the Australian Open when she was pregnant, but it wasn't like it was the first time she ever picked up a racket and decided to run around in the 100 degree heat. Joy deciding to ride a dirt bike for the first time while pregnant doesn't show the best judgment. That's a heavy piece of machinery falling on you if you don't know what you're doing.

I'm a huge advocate for staying active in pregnancy, as long as you use common sense.

5 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I cannot believe she got on that motorbike.  

Same here. I could be wrong, but I'm sure she's been peeing on a stick since the honeymoon.

I don't expect pregnant women to wrap themselves in bubble-wrap for nine months, but why risk something so unnecessary like a spill on a motorbike?  

I understand not wanting to miss a fun opportunity with her husband; basically, they are still in what should have been a dating stage. Maybe she thought it was OK as she was at the end of her first trimester? 

It sucks they won't have the couple time that even Jill has said she wished she'd had before getting pregnant. I think Joy is still somewhat immature, and I'm sad this will hasten adulthood for her. I suppose this is what they wanted, though.

Wow, she's pregnant and showing. On the show they just now showed her engagement. By the time her pregnancy announcement airs her baby will be six months old.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived