IGNORED

Dillards 39: From SOS to Peddling ALERT

Coconut Flan

23 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe, maybe not. My entire family (first- and second-degree relatives) spells my maiden surname THREE different ways. But we all pronounce it the same. lol

Same here... I'm related to people with all sorts of funny ways to spell my name.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2017 at 4:50 PM, socalrules said:

I hate to defend Jim Bob but Jill did not marry a man like her father. We can talk crap about Jim Bob and Michelle but they did work their tails off prior to getting the reality show. 

Agreed. God knows JimBob is shameless and money grubbing, but those traits accompany his scheming and entrepreneurial instincts. He was shrewd enough to jump on financial opportunities when they presented themselves: agreeing to a cell tower on his property, buying the right kinds of commercial properties with an eye to their future worth, knowing how to market his family for attention and money. I always got the sense that JB and Michelle knew the value of a dollar and the amount of work adults need to put into life.

Derrick's shamelessness comes from a sense of entitlement and avoidance of work. And it seems Derrick and Jill are both still full steam ahead on the Quiverfull train. This is going to get really ugly. 

I find it's common for the children of wealthy parents who worked their way up the socieconomic ladder to not share the same work ethic and ability to delay gratification, but in the case of the Duggars, the chasm between the generations is astounding.

58 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Derrick's shamelessness comes from a sense of entitlement and avoidance of work. And it seems Derrick and Jill are both still full steam ahead on the Quiverfull train. This is going to get really ugly. 

They may have to get an RV and bring their ministry to people that way. I mean look at how successful Jill Rodrigues is. *crickets*

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

So, do we actually know he's going to be staying on "campus" and not off campus at home with his family?? I thought that was an option. Or did I miss something? (I very well could have). I just think unless we know for sure, speculating that he's not staying at home (when I think that is an option, and likely) is kinda silly. But if he is, well, wtf is going on in their home?

I don't think we do know that he will be using the housing provided by Cross Church, especially since there's the option of paying less and opting out of housing.

However, Derick did write the following, which kind of makes it sound like he will be living there:

The Cross Church School of Ministry is a one-year, ministry, residency experience that I believe will be a key asset in not only my vocational ministry, but also in my personal development. 

But then again, maybe he just copy and pasted this from someone else's fundraising page. Wouldn't be too shocked to hear it.

25 minutes ago, JillyO said:

However, Derick did write the following, which kind of makes it sound like he will be living there:

But then again, maybe he just copy and pasted this from someone else's fundraising page. Wouldn't be too shocked to hear it.

Well, it'll be interesting to see which way it actually goes!

On 8/28/2017 at 0:51 PM, Buzzard said:

Can someone explain to me how he is going to impact 2000 lives by getting this sham degree?

livesimpacted.thumb.jpg.571a3af212fe61bb1f1167f7dc4b77e7.jpg

annoyance is a form of impact, right?

Can he reach a goal of annoying 2000 lives? Certainly!

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How many FJers are there? lol

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Just hit me- I wonder if he's being this optimistic about lives he can annoy based on his social media presence. He seems obnoxious enough to post what he learns in the program and lazy enough to think he's positively impacting people just by posting. He's almost acting like a David Waller wannabe, based on his level of obnoxious proselytizing. Please don't let him on a plane! I'd feel sorry for all on the plane.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

How many FJers are there? lol

Eleventy zillion,

3 hours ago, snickerz said:

They're already working on it. They have a new show called The Putnams about an extended family of 25 living under one roof.

Or as I like to call it my definition of the word "hell".

3 hours ago, snickerz said:

I think for the residency part (sorry, I can't find who was asking) they mean that its a program where you have to be in NWA as opposed to a program where you could commute one weekend a month and do the rest online.

Interesting. Lily and Ellie just posted about Derick's fundraising page. The reader comments on their blog are usually relatively positive, but in this case, there are 10 comments already on the post, all negative. I wonder what the proportion of inquisitive FJers to humpers is on the blog, and among the posters.

Here's the thing with the online fundraising - WHERE IS JIM BOB?  Whenever I see a fundraiser on facebook, the first people to donate are the parents.  Soon after come aunts and uncles, adult siblings, cousins, tangential relatives etc.  If the Duggars themselves havent stepped up to the plate and publicly supported this endeavor, then why the hell should the average person who sees the campaign?

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

Interesting. Lily and Ellie just posted about Derick's fundraising page. The reader comments on their blog are usually relatively positive, but in this case, there are 10 comments already on the post, all negative. I wonder what the proportion of inquisitive FJers to humpers is on the blog, and among the posters.

Was just going to post this myself!

Glad to see there are pointed (but not over-the-top name-calling) questions about why he couldn't work another job to earn the money for the fee, since I think they're less likely to be dismissed right off the bat.

The Cross Church program website says that just like doctors follow education up with a residency, their ministry residency is the same for people who have a ministry vocation. Essentially a practicuum or fellowship program. The title of the program as a residency doesn't have any relationship to being a resident of any particular place. Not any more than for a resident doctor. Obviously the comparison is ridiculous since the program attendees of the ministry residency aren't ministers...

Derick is really trying to milk people out of money for this bullshit. 

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

The fundraiser is still sitting at $125. I love it.

I'm actually surprised by this... I know there are a lot of us out here who are ready to call out this BS, but I thought they'd still have a lot of leghumper supporters who would be happy to cough up $10 - $40 each to support a Duggar.

Wait is it still an active fundraiser?  In one screenshot it had a number of days left in the fundraiser.  Now it says 0 days left. I also couldn't find it by searching the pure charity site- I had to find a news article with a link and use that.  I don't actually see a button to donate (though it could be my phone). 

I doubt this will hurry the end of Counting On; maybe just the end of DerJill on Counting On.  One of the newer couples will likely just be featured more.  There will always be new couples.  Who knows, maybe Joe and Kendra will be dynamite on screen once the nerves are worked out.  I kid.  It will be John-David and insert name here.

What I don't understand is why can't Jill do the program as well, especially if they are living at home. She has enough babysitters to help out. I know, I know, she is female and therefore doesn't need any training in anything other than being a midwife or doula or servant of her master husband.  It just seems like she would enjoy Bible study and what would likely be missionary vacations like when she lived at home and gave out candy to kids. 

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I'm actually surprised by this... I know there are a lot of us out here who are ready to call out this BS, but I thought they'd still have a lot of leghumper supporters who would be happy to cough up $10 - $40 each to support a Duggar.

yeah--but I really think lots of Americans--esp. in that part of the country--are giving to Hurricane Harvey relief right now instead. Derick's timing sucks

42 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I doubt this will hurry the end of Counting On; maybe just the end of DerJill on Counting On.  One of the newer couples will likely just be featured more.  There will always be new couples.  Who knows, maybe Joe and Kendra will be dynamite on screen once the nerves are worked out.  I kid.  It will be John-David and insert name here.

Oh sweet Rufus no. Please tell me this is not going to keep counting on until the miracle child weds.

7 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Oh sweet Rufus no. Please tell me this is not going to keep counting on until the miracle child weds.

Oh honey, don't be silly.  Our most precious Josie will never wed - she will ascend directly to heaven standing on a bed of thousands of useless uteruses (those of sinful women who have used birth control).  And all of the Duggars and Duggarettes on earth shall sing her praise: "It's through the blood . . ."

So it is written.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived