IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

collage-1.jpg

So Charlotte made a blog post about jeans and how her life has come full circle. She loved jeans, she didn't, and now she loves them again. 

BEC but those jeans do not look flattering to me. 

Those are hideous and give me horrifying flashbacks to the days when JNCO skater jeans were the "in" thing...when I was in jr high/high school in the 90s.  

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, those jeans! Looks like she's ready to party like it's 1999! She needs to lose the cardigan and replace it with a halter top, choker, and maybe some jelly bracelets to complete the look, though. Oh, and she should crimp her hair and make sure to use at least four butterfly clips.

Charlotte, you can totally raid my closet from 1999!

jeans.png.e5e98dd008d648baf222299651861e7a.png

I loved those flared jeans. And I still do, in my heart.

Edit: In the interest of full disclosure, I think this is actually 2000 or 2001.

OMG. I think I owned those jeans in middle school. 

Mine though were about an inch too long (too tall for regular inseams, too short for tall inseams!) and had frayed edges along the heel from being stepped on in my brown clunky Dr. Martens. 

Looks like Charlotte's pair is an inch too short (SHE HEMMED THEM THAT SHORT. WTF.) and about 3 inches too wide in the thighs. And she needs to iron them.

This outfit looks like something a D-lister would be seen wearing in a SWAG room at Sundance in 2003. 

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I begged my mom for those jeans in 2002. I do like her hair, though.

I purchased a pair of those jeans around that time. I'm short and short waisted and those jeans did nothing but manage to make me look like a poorly dressed hobbit. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

WOW, those jeans! Looks like she's ready to party like it's 1999! She needs to lose the cardigan and replace it with a halter top, choker, and maybe some jelly bracelets to complete the look, though. Oh, and she should crimp her hair and make sure to use at least four butterfly clips.

Straight out of a delia*s catalog!

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Forget the 90s, it’s giving me flashbacks to the 70s

Exactly! Ugh. Flairs were such a pain when I was learning to ride a bike. I had to remember to cinch up my right pantleg (right? I think) with a strap or rubber band so that it wouldn't get caught in my bike chain. 

This was the sign I was standing next to in the picture of me wearing my beautiful flared jeans. Maybe it was also a metaphorical sign:

arret.png.c2733ddfac67402866a9e07252ce19a9.png

(I refuse to believe it.)

I really love straight-leg and bell bottom jeans, and I'm actually kind of digging the look on Charlotte. They are hemmed way too short to flatter her as much as they could, but pants can be tricky. I'm not going to harsh on her for trying something new, though I will :BLAZER:all day long over the salacious lack of cover for her "backside" yet again. I guess they had an official family meeting, prayed about it, and decided that Jesus wanted people to see their asses after all. Cool.

She and Jessica both have been chasing different vintage eras in the past couple of years (any time period is good, so long as they don't have to face the future, maybe?), namely Jessica's 1970's thing, and Charlotte's sudden love of the 70s and 90s. I attribute it to the departure of the family seamstress. It's hard to keep up a perpetual mid-century impression on the cheap if you can't or won't sew.

I don't think that I had flairs quite that big! However, I am short and it just wasn't a good look for me. She just needs to wear those boho looking blouse things that had the massive flaired arms to go along with it! Welcome to the early 2000s! :pb_lol:

18 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I begged my mom for those jeans in 2002. I do like her hair, though.

I’m pretty sure I wore those in 1975!

15 hours ago, clueliss said:

Forget the 90s, it’s givimg me flashbacks to the 70s

I had no idea they had been popular again in the 90s; I only remember them from the 70s...

Today's children will never know the sorrow of wearing too long bell bottoms in the rain. :pb_sad:

On 11/10/2017 at 2:33 PM, EowynW said:

Do they mean grass fed butter? Grass fed is AMAAAAZING. When Kerrigold goes on sale I pick it up and it's so good. Balm for the soul. That pale regular butter just can't compare. 

Best is farm fresh butter. Growing up I ate a lot of herb butter straight from our jersey. <3

Love that grass fed butter. Just like with pastured eggs, there really is a noticeable difference in appearance and flavor. 

And “organic” could still be feedlot beef or milk from cows who are shut up most of the time but fed organically farmed grain. Including soy. Which certain people in my family react really badly to. (Yes, even the eggs from soy-fed chickens contain enough soy to trigger a serious reaction. Really limits our ability to eat out. Bummer.)

17 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Exactly! Ugh. Flairs were such a pain when I was learning to ride a bike. I had to remember to cinch up my right pantleg (right? I think) with a strap or rubber band so that it wouldn't get caught in my bike chain. 

Do people still use bike clips?

I ran across one the other day while dejunking boxes in the attic.

I remember Jncos very well! A lot of my friends wore them and my first boyfriend had a pair. They were a huge pain in the ass. My friends couldn't run in them and they were always getting in the way. 

BTW I worshipped the Delias catalogue although I never once bought a thing from it. We were too poor for it. But I always tried to find things at goodwill that looked like they could come from a Delias catalogue.

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I remember Jncos very well! A lot of my friends wore them and my first boyfriend had a pair. They were a huge pain in the ass. My friends couldn't run in them and they were always getting in the way.  

I recall many a JNCOs-based depantsing in my day. They rarely fit well in the waist, and with all that fabric, well... Say what you will about the skinny jeans trend, at least one's pants don't spontaneously fall down.

12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

She and Jessica both have been chasing different vintage eras in the past couple of years (any time period is good, so long as they don't have to face the future, maybe?), namely Jessica's 1970's thing, and Charlotte's sudden love of the 70s and 90s. I attribute it to the departure of the family seamstress. It's hard to keep up a perpetual mid-century impression on the cheap if you can't or won't sew.

This especially bothers me, because I remember a video they did a few years ago now where they were asked something along the lines of “What eras of fashion are your favorite?” They all answered something pre-70s, and then proceeded to say they hated the 70s fashions, that fashion went crazy at that time and everything after that was disgusting and wrong. But I guess flip-flopping on your very strong opinions is a trademark for these people. 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I recall many a JNCOs-based depantsing in my day. They rarely fit well in the waist, and with all that fabric, well... Say what you will about the skinny jeans trend, at least one's pants don't spontaneously fall down.

Remember "extreme sag"?  That's where one's pants were so low on the waistline, they were actually below your butt cheeks. I have no idea how those people even moved around all day, and woe betide anyone who dared wear their pants like that into high school. You just can't tempt teenagers like that. You've already done half the work of pantsing for them.

17 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Remember "extreme sag"?  That's where one's pants were so low on the waistline, they were actually below your butt cheeks. I have no idea how those people even moved around all day, and woe betide anyone who dared wear their pants like that into high school. You just can't tempt teenagers like that. You've already done half the work of pantsing for them.

Oh this is very much still a thing. I’m convinced it’s the longest-lived fashion trend of the modern era. 

1 minute ago, Kylolo said:

Oh this is very much still a thing. I’m convinced it’s the longest-lived fashion trend of the modern era. 

Yep, saw a guy in the grocery store not long ago, his pants were down past his ass and he was showing his boxers to the world. *sigh* All I wanted to do was yell "Pull up your pants!" 

2 hours ago, refugee said:

Love that grass fed butter. Just like with pastured eggs, there really is a noticeable difference in appearance and flavor. 

And “organic” could still be feedlot beef or milk from cows who are shut up most of the time but fed organically farmed grain. Including soy. Which certain people in my family react really badly to. (Yes, even the eggs from soy-fed chickens contain enough soy to trigger a serious reaction. Really limits our ability to eat out. Bummer.)

Yes. People don't seem to realize that about organic. It's better to buy straight from the smaller farms. My dream is to one day raise a lot of my own meat and dairy. Then I know exactly how the animals have been treated and what they were fed. 

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Remember "extreme sag"?  That's where one's pants were so low on the waistline, they were actually below your butt cheeks.

Low, I send you greetings of the extreme sag + skinny jeans. If the look they were going for was 'grown man wearing a diaper,' they nailed it. 

:?

cbc10d06f2040279d32739e904b9a2a1.jpg

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

BTW I worshipped the Delias catalogue although I never once bought a thing from it. We were too poor for it. But I always tried to find things at goodwill that looked like they could come from a Delias catalogue.

Oh man, I just told my little sister about Delia*s the other day. She's a little too young and never knew about it. She proceeded to google it and find a bunch of pictures from the catalog and send them to me. I had to go back into my messages to find this one to show you guys. Misplacing your purse on your head, we've all been THERE, huh?

delias.PNG.78d113f4fcb67ce9ea007878fd746670.PNG

I last ordered from Delia*s in about 2004. :embarrassed: The thing my sister laughed at me the most about was years before that though, it was a black t-shirt with a black velcro panel across the chest and it came with a bunch of velcro letters so you could write things. It was really classy.

Personally, I really love the super bell bottoms that Charlotte’s wearing, I own a couple pair myself. They’re just too short! You gotta wear em’ long and with boots.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived