IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Jeronimo said:

We also know Brigiel’s name now. It’s in their thanksgiving post.

What am I missing? I can't seem to find it...

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What am I missing? I can't seem to find it...

Our New Family Member! Charlotte and I are pretty biased about our little Nephew, Aedan! (Sorry, no pictures) He is so adorable and we’re sure his little voice holds the promise of talent one day

It's on their B.Well page. They mentioned what they were thankful for and there it is. Right Here

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

It's on their B.Well page. They mentioned what they were thankful for and there it is. Right Here

Thank you; I promptly forgot about the B. Well page the second after I read about it. :pb_lol:

Good grief.  

We never ever would have thought that sharing the blessings of essential oils would become the greatest ministry we’ve ever done.

If participating in a pyramid scheme designed to bilk lower level people of their cash is a ministry - then I'm a monkey's aunt.  What kind of "Christianity" is this.

How sweet. Jess and Charlotte are more thankful for their scam than sweet little Aedan.  I think I prefer Brigriel but we suspected Gabe and Brigid would go for something vaguely Celtic. 

They think Young Living has "integrity.":laughing-rolling:  And they are grateful for the YL "community" and welcome future suckers teammates.  Come off it girls.  Thanksgiving is not an appropriate time to advertise your MLM.

I don't think either of these twits have ever known true hardship and their "struggles" seem to be over things that are of their own (or rather Daddy's) making.  I still think they could both benefit from a check-up with a real physician instead of swilling down essential oils.  Jessica, at least, also needs more help with her depressive episodes than Daddy can give her.

All that We have: God has always taken care of us. He provides us with delicious, wholesome food; an odd but charming rental to call home;

Stick in another advertisement for wholesome food.  And why mention that your home is a rental, let alone odd ...

beautiful friends, young and old, who love us dearly; and a strong family who goes to battle with us in prayer every day. We’re thankful He has given us dreams and goals to keep us running towards the glorious end.

I suppose the "glorious end" is DEATH.  That is almost Maxwellian.

I hope they had permission to tell people his name, I thought  Gabe seemed pretty adamant that they didn’t want it online?

And what’s the deal with being sure that his little voice holds the promise of talent? Are they saying that he should be talented like them? If so, I’m pretty sure they need a few lessons in modesty. And are they going to be disappointed if he doesn’t/can’t sing? Maybe he’ll want to play drums, maybe he’ll want to do his own thing and not be pidgeon holed as  baby.

I’m definitely grumpy today so it could be me, but something about their post has rubbed me up the wrong way.

I'm hoping that Jessica and Charlotte asked before they shared his name as well. I noticed that they said no pictures which does follow what Gabe said here. So perhaps knowing the name is fine, as long as they keep his picture off the internet? 

On 11/24/2017 at 11:49 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

yes, clearly, they are the only fans of one of the iconic and popular television series of all time. :shrug:

Huh? Is this referring to the Tim Hawkins Live photo or something else? 

Forgotten blog has been updated to reflect Charlotte's first logical decision in a while: she's now actively pimping her web and graphic design  business. In honor of this, all of the twee bullshit illustrations have been wiped from the blog, and it's now a far more impersonal all-white space with just the glaring pink letters at the top.

I truly believe Charlotte has some ability in regards to graphic design (I've made a few references here to that being a preferable  pursuit over the YL scam), but I have to say, her design for her own brand "Lotta's Web" is the weakest work from her that I've seen. I'm also trying to wrap my head around her decision to use the Brijee's Patterns site as a representation of her web skillz. Brigid the human is  tops in my book, but that site looks like a bare-bones blogger template that someone put together as a place holder for a "real" website.

The Boyers Sisters blog design just before the move to the .com was the strongest they've had, and the later iterations all seem like a step down from what preceded them. However, a lot of their later one-shot staged themed photos had neat composition and genuine creativity employed, and I do respect that they've had to re-brand quite a lot due to the change in course over the past few years. Maybe she's still looking for her creative "voice".

Can someone tell me if Jessica's ex courter was Levi of the commandments of men blog? I don't know if I can link here, but there's a fascinating multi part entry called the joke was on me. It details a failed engagement with a girl that sounds very much like it could be her.

@Crooked.Stick, Welcome!  not sure about the blog, but i do recall a photo shared here that indicated he was working on dinosaurs at the Ark Encounter.  

ETA:  i'm going to say this is not Jessica's ex.  the first page of the blog indicates that he met her in 2006; Jessica is 22 now and would have been 11 then.  he says he was attracted to her in 2007; he indicates they have an age gap; and she has a 25yo sister.  all of this rules out the Boyers.

Ew**eye roll**.I thought this guy sounded on the lite side of fundy-dom. He was not into the dad micro managing their relationship and her uterus. But I guess you can think the patriarchy movement is wrong and still believe in fairytales.

The girl was in a family band of sorts. Her headship sounds like a real dick. If you Google the commandments of men it's the first of several entries. 

He writes a lot about brainwashing, enmeshment, and the Botkin sisters.

• 2 weeks later...

Instagram round up! :P Gabe and Brigid visited! 

Spoiler

Brigid and Brigriel. :P 

Spoiler

Charlotte likes animal print! 

Spoiler

Charlotte made a friend? :P 

Spoiler

And of course Charlotte's new business. Better then YL? We hope! 

On 11/26/2017 at 12:56 PM, refugee said:

Huh? Is this referring to the Tim Hawkins Live photo or something else? 

It was referring to @Carm_88 post about this  Instagram:

395183D6-155E-408A-A9BB-82057B0A09AF.png

Charlotte posted this on her Instagram earlier, by the sounds of it she may have gotten a real life job. (No worries, it’s a public account) 

Which is great, now Jessica just needs something.

98F2621B-5120-442A-B62C-10DE50B337CD.thumb.jpeg.43bc4c70e2fb724816185074799a49c2.jpeg

52791C05-1536-44A5-91EA-EF32164FD9C9.png

0923F971-1687-40DA-A7EC-373501C96117.jpeg

While i’m genuinely happy that Charlotte seems to have a real job, “its fiery pulse” is correct, not “it’s fire-y pulse.”

8 hours ago, JMarie said:

Who says "WWW" anymore?

To be honest, my mom does, every time she references a website. Actually she doesn't say WWW, she just says WW. "Go to double you double you dot amazon dot com."--my mom

One time I did tell her that the WWWs or WWs were actually unnecessary, and it temporarily blew her mind, but it was quickly forgotten.

I don't mean to make fun though. My mom has come a long way! I remember teaching her to use a mouse in the late-90s. She got to the edge of the mousepad when the cursor still wasn't as far as she wanted it to be, and didn't know how to proceed. Now she's flawless at using a mouse!

I hate to burst her happy bubble, but nepotism does not a real job make. It’s one thing if you go into the family business with a degree, ambition, and the expectation that you will either take it over someday or leave for bigger pastures. It’s another if your father decides to extend take your daughter to work day and pay you so it seems professional. My friends who are graphic designers went to school for it. They are also able to hold their own in a business environment. Did Charlotte formally interview, negotiate salary, figure out benefits, qualify in some way beyond other applicants, if there even were any? No? Then it’s not a real job. It’s a pity post. Her sister gets married and a baby, and Charlotte is sad, but instead of actual counseling and life coaching, she gets to go to work with Daddy. 

ETA: interesting employee review on Glassdoor. https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-AnswerQuest-Technologies-RVW16007767.htm

Chances of any other female or minority being hired: zero. Chances of Charlotte being allowed to work out of the direct sight line of her headship: also zero.

FYI as far as I can tell from their rather shoddy website the company is like a tiny Uber or lyft but for delivering stuff, not people. https://www.frayt.com/

42 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I hate to burst her happy bubble, but nepotism does not a real job make. It’s one thing if you go into the family business with a degree, ambition, and the expectation that you will either take it over someday or leave for bigger pastures. It’s another if your father decides to extend take your daughter to work day and pay you so it seems professional.

Ivanka Trump?

I have such mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it is a job. It will be something for Charlotte to do. On the other, it doesn't feel like she is doing anything really. It seems like her Dad is patting her on the head, telling her that she was good, and she can work with him. I don't feel like he is taking her seriously. 

Plus, it's not going to change anything for her. We will see, I guess. 

Maybe they can have Charlotte edit their website content (emphasis added):

Q. Do I get charged if I cancel my Frayt Match?

A. If you cancel your Frayt Match right away, there is no charge. But if you cancel your Frayt Match more than five minutes after the Match has been accepted by a driver, you will be charged a $25.00 cancelation fee.

No mention of insurance or other protections for the items being transported. Guess God must be the underwriter.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived