IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting it here because in the previous Boyer thread, I shared how horrifyingly awful my local doterra lady is while talking about oil shillers. 

So anyway, my local oil lady got arrested for knowingly failing to report child abuse. It was a quick in and out and today she made a live video on her Facebook talking about how oils will help you not be so stressed should you ever go to jail. Hahaaaaaa

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

So anyway, my local oil lady got arrested for knowingly failing to report child abuse. It was a quick in and out and today she made a live video on her Facebook talking about how oils will help you not be so stressed should you ever go to jail. Hahaaaaaa

That is a WEIRD takeaway!  Did she learn anything else, like, I dunno, that human beings should report child abuse??

2 minutes ago, Lurky said:

That is a WEIRD takeaway!  Did she learn anything else, like, I dunno, that human beings should report child abuse??

I would hope so. She's supposed to share her story about it in a day or two. I've known about it for awhile since I have relatives who are besties with her. 

And now they're shilling makeup as well. From YL, but still....

598cd13d610b3_Skjermbilde2017-08-10kl_23_33_10.thumb.png.8fbc69908d2194b0366ded06820e5827.png

Charlotte raves on about their new foundation (at the small price of $58/$44 if you're a seller) but I honestly can't see much difference. No foundation to the left and foundation to the right.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, wikinggirl said:

And now they're shilling makeup as well. From YL, but still....

Yeah, there really is no difference. As a person who struggles with cystic acne, I'd recommend she go to a dermatologist to help her find a skin care routine that would work best for her. Oils are not going to heal ya, punkin' and that $58 a bottle foundation isn't helping you either. 

And before someone jumps on me about pointing out her skin issues (I have them too) let's remember they're shilling beauty products, snake oil, and go on and on about how health conscious they are etc. If you're trying to sell that lifestyle and your products to someone your skin better look good. Why would I, a lowly heathen who works outside the home, want to buy a make up that isn't going to make me look beautiful and flawless?

I can see only a *slight* difference, and it's not one worth $58.  I have bad skin too, but Cover Girl gets the job done for $7.

18 minutes ago, catlady said:

I can see only a *slight* difference, and it's not one worth $58.  I have bad skin too, but Cover Girl gets the job done for $7.

I watch make up tutorials while I eat my lunch. I think the Boyer's need to watch a few where the YouTuber tests out cheaper/less expensive make up and tell you how well it goes on/covers/blends etc. 

Foundation is the one product I don't skimp on. I use Bare Minerals, but it works well for me, it doesn't irritate my skin, and it lasts a long time (I typically buy it twice a year- so, about US$56 total for a foundation that I love & works for my skin.) See Boyers, this heathen is still coming out ahead of you. 

I love E.L.F. products! So inexpensive but they look great! 

6 hours ago, EowynW said:

So anyway, my local oil lady got arrested for knowingly failing to report child abuse.

That is seriously unusual but kind of good news.

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

As a person who struggles with cystic acne, I'd recommend she go to a dermatologist to help her find a skin care routine that would work best for her.

My heartfelt sympathy on the cystic acne.  It is horrible.  And I agree on the dermatologist whatever it is that Charlotte has.

However, IMO Charlotte only has a few spots.   A nasty byproduct of adolescence for many and they don't often scar.

They are not "adult acne" because she is only 18.  They don't look much like scarring cystic acne to me either.  

She should probably get a dx and treatment plan anyway to give her a reality check.

Her acne isn't horrible, but for someone who doesn't eat processed foods and sugars (I think I remember this from one of their videos...AKA minutes of my life I will not get back) you would think she wouldn't have breakouts and blemishes. It's probably all those damn oils she's using. They're clogging her pores. Lol

I know she isn't putting the oils directly on her face, I was being a smart ass. 

She definitely could benefit from seeing a dermatologist to help clear her pores out and calm the acne down. Sometimes it's as simple as changing your daily cleanser. When my cystic acne gets really bad, I use 10% benzoyl peroxide cleanser (per the dermatologist) and when my skin is calm, I can use product with salicylic acid or I've discovered the Tea Tree Cleanser & toner from The Body Shop which has done wonders for me. 

As a fellow sufferer of adult acne, one of the best products I've found are these acne patches. They're hydrocolloid bandages that suck up the nasty stuff inside the blemish. It also helps if you if you're a picker, because it makes you keep your hands off the spot. I highly recommend them. 

https://www.amazon.com/Nexcare-Absorbing-Cover-Sizes-Count/dp/B00BRGUNV2

5 hours ago, divadivine said:

Yeah, there really is no difference. As a person who struggles with cystic acne, I'd recommend she go to a dermatologist to help her find a skin care routine that would work best for her. Oils are not going to heal ya, punkin' and that $58 a bottle foundation isn't helping you either. 

And before someone jumps on me about pointing out her skin issues (I have them too) let's remember they're shilling beauty products, snake oil, and go on and on about how health conscious they are etc. If you're trying to sell that lifestyle and your products to someone your skin better look good. Why would I, a lowly heathen who works outside the home, want to buy a make up that isn't going to make me look beautiful and flawless?

The only difference I see is that she swiped on a coat or two of mascara. She still has redness, an oily sheen, and her pores look the same size. 

What's the point of wearing foundation?

I don't claim to be an expert in makeup or skincare (more of an enthusiast of both...), but you gotta look the part if you're attempting to get $$$ out of me. 

Again, Young Living is way behind the times (as are the majority of MLMs). The mineral makeup trend peaked years ago. Heck, Bare Minerals is even making liquid foundations now. The Savvy Minerals line was bought off a top-ranking YL distributor (previously known as Sweet Savvy Minerals). Looks like the internet was pretty well scrubbed of the first iteration of Savvy Minerals... no prices, no product lineups, no reviews.

The Savvy Minerals foundation only has 10 shade choices, so if you don't want to have lines of demarcation if you wear more than just a barely-there dusting like Charlotte, you'll probably have to custom mix two or three shades. Bare Minerals' loose matte foundation (which would be the equivalent, since both do not contain bismuth) has 30. The price on Savvy Minerals is ridiculous too - $58 for 5g of product. Bare Minerals is literally half price, and you get more - $29 for a 6g jar. At least Bare Minerals can boast that it has sun protection in their product (SPF 15). 

I spend my foundation money ($29+tax) on Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation from MAC every 6 months, and I get medium-to-full buildable matte coverage in my perfect shade (NW18). Plus, if I go in with 6 empty containers from MAC, I get a free lipstick in whatever color I want.

Some YL distributors are offering a Savvy Minerals "starter kit" for $155, and I'm sure the Boyers will be doing so too. For that wad of cash, you get to become a wholesale member of YL (oh joy!), get the basic starter kit (a tiny bottle of oil - wholesale value of under $10, a few sample packettes and a bunch of marketing materials), plus you pick out your foundation, a blush, an eyeshadow, and a lipstick, and get the added benefit of getting any additional Savvy Minerals products for 24% off! What a ripoff.

The makeup is either nonexistent, ineffectual, or poorly applied, and I'm all about throwing some shade at $60 woo-infused foundation, but the real takeaway for me is the fact that Charlotte has a nearly inhuman ability to replicate a photo. How many thousands of hours do you have to spend taking "modest" selfies to robotically snap into the EXACT same head and facial muscle alignment after applying mascara and foundation?! I stared at the headshot comparison for several minutes before deciding that they were actually two different photos. 

17 hours ago, EowynW said:

Pretty please share this link!!

12 hours ago, divadivine said:

The door's open for body-take, even not positive, if a product's being sold that is supposed to make changes to the body.  If it's not an effective product, why should we have to say it is?

12 hours ago, divadivine said:

Foundation is the one product I don't skimp on. I use Bare Minerals, but it works well for me, it doesn't irritate my skin, and it lasts a long time (I typically buy it twice a year- so, about US$56 total for a foundation that I love & works for my skin.) See Boyers, this heathen is still coming out ahead of you. 

I love E.L.F. products! So inexpensive but they look great! 

In 2015, I bought 2 each of Bare Minerals's foundation and mineral veil. They were $36 each for containers more than 2x the usual amount.  I thought I'd get through 1 of each by the end of 2016.  At this rate, it'll be middle of 2017.  Before I'm finished with 1 of each.  I find I used a lot less foundation when I use both together.  A lot less.  And it makes my skin look so much better when when I wash it off.

ELF got tons of business from me when they had mineral makeup.  Then they dx'd that and changed some formulas.  I'm glad I stocked up on 3 years' worth of the undereye concealer right before thy did that.  I do still use their pressed powder, the one with salicylic acid, and the primer.

0.jpg

10 hours ago, divadivine said:

Her acne isn't horrible, but for someone who doesn't eat processed foods and sugars (I think I remember this from one of their videos...AKA minutes of my life I will not get back) you would think she wouldn't have breakouts and blemishes. It's probably all those damn oils she's using. They're clogging her pores. Lol

Some people get acne from a poor diet and some find changing their diet improves acne, but it's not a one size fits all reason or solution.  Some natural foods can cause exactly the same spike in blood sugar as heavily processed food that's associated with acne for some people.  You can easily chow down on natural, unprocessed foods and end up with massive blood sugar spikes.  And nothing these girls do have convinced me they have the education or ability to weigh information from different sources to be eating like that.

It took me a while to see that was a different photo too!  That is some very average foundation for that price.  A dermatologist or just a regular family doctor could help her more than snake oil make up.

$58 foundation better come with a personal visit from Tom Hiddleston or Oscar Isaac to apply it tenderly to my face while validating my life choices and telling me that I'm pretty. And it better make my skin look like it was Photoshopped.

I will say, though, that sometimes expensive foundation is worth it. I have a $36 cushion foundation from Tony Moly and it was money well spent; super-light coverage (with SPF 50 sunscreen), makes my complexion dewy without looking shiny or greasy, and easy to take traveling because it's in a compact and won't get everywhere.

I'll admit that I use the Soothe regimen from Rodan and Fields.  It's the only stuff I've found that actually helps my rosecea . I like the mineral they have too because it doesn't irritate my face.

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

$58 foundation better come with a personal visit from Tom Hiddleston or Oscar Isaac to apply it tenderly to my face while validating my life choices and telling me that I'm pretty. And it better make my skin look like it was Photoshopped.

I will say, though, that sometimes expensive foundation is worth it. I have a $36 cushion foundation from Tony Moly and it was money well spent; super-light coverage (with SPF 50 sunscreen), makes my complexion dewy without looking shiny or greasy, and easy to take traveling because it's in a compact and won't get everywhere.

You had me at "validating my life choices." :my_smile:

Which Tony Moly cushion do you use? I've been using Missha's Perfect Cover BB for about three years, and I like it, but I think I need a line with some more variety in shades.

6 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

I'll admit that I use the Soothe regimen from Rodan and Fields.  It's the only stuff I've found that actually helps my rosecea . I like the mineral they have too because it doesn't irritate my face.

Rodan + Fields are legit dermatologists. There's a big difference between dermatologists and snake oil peddlers. 

13 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The makeup is either nonexistent, ineffectual, or poorly applied, and I'm all about throwing some shade at $60 woo-infused foundation, but the real takeaway for me is the fact that Charlotte has a nearly inhuman ability to replicate a photo. How many thousands of hours do you have to spend taking "modest" selfies to robotically snap into the EXACT same head and facial muscle alignment after applying mascara and foundation?! I stared at the headshot comparison for several minutes before deciding that they were actually two different photos. 

I think she didn't buff the make up into her skin long enough. The minerals have to warm up in order to cover your skin. Your body temperature and the buffing of the minerals into your skin make the minerals turn into something similar to a liquid foundation on your skin.  You also have to build up the layers on your skin to cover things like blemishes. You can't just slap it on in 30 seconds and expect it to cover anything. Some people also need to use primer in order to get good coverage. I see a difference between my makeup when I use primer & when I don't. 

I imagine they do spend hours perfecting their robotic selfies. Lol. 

18 hours ago, charmedforsure said:

The Savvy Minerals foundation only has 10 shade choices, so if you don't want to have lines of demarcation if you wear more than just a barely-there dusting like Charlotte, you'll probably have to custom mix two or three shades. Bare Minerals' loose matte foundation (which would be the equivalent, since both do not contain bismuth) has 30. The price on Savvy Minerals is ridiculous too - $58 for 5g of product. Bare Minerals is literally half price, and you get more - $29 for a 6g jar. At least Bare Minerals can boast that it has sun protection in their product (SPF 15). 

(cut)

Some YL distributors are offering a Savvy Minerals "starter kit" for $155, and I'm sure the Boyers will be doing so too. For that wad of cash, you get to become a wholesale member of YL (oh joy!), get the basic starter kit (a tiny bottle of oil - wholesale value of under $10, a few sample packettes and a bunch of marketing materials), plus you pick out your foundation, a blush, an eyeshadow, and a lipstick, and get the added benefit of getting any additional Savvy Minerals products for 24% off! What a ripoff.

How long before Gwenyth Paltrow adds this to her Goop line of hydration stickers?  What's that?  You think I'm making up $10-each paper stickers that you wear on your arm and you get hydrated?  Well, boy howdy do I have a treat for you!  From Goop's site itself!  http://goop.com/wearable-stickers-that-promote-healing-really/

The more woo that Savvy shit can be made to sound, the more she'll love it!

15 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think they're the same photo with some very light retouching.  She might be able to replicate the pose and muscle tinges, but how did she make sure her earrings were at the same angles and all the individual strands of hair on her hairline and eyebrows are in the exact same positions?

3 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

I think they're the same photo with some very light retouching.  She might be able to replicate the pose and muscle tinges, but how did she make sure her earrings were at the same angles and all the individual strands of hair on her hairline and eyebrows are in the exact same positions?

Actually, it was the earrings that finally convinced me that the pics weren't the same! The earring in Charlotte's left ear is marginally closer to her neck in the "after" picture than it is in the "before". 

Other than that, honestly, the only visible difference I can see is that the original picture is slightly more out of focus, and you can see some spidery mascara on the "after".  

@nastyhobbitses oh sh*t you made me laugh too hard. Ouch! 

Her blemishes are barely even faded in that picture. I noticed the tiniest hint of mascara in the second picture. Everyone's talk about Bare Minerals is a sign for me to go ahead and buy it! I have been looking at it recently. 

These people are boring.

20 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

You had me at "validating my life choices." :my_smile:

Which Tony Moly cushion do you use? I've been using Missha's Perfect Cover BB for about three years, and I like it, but I think I need a line with some more variety in shades.

I use Wonder Pool, which I love. I also have the Panda's Dream Eye Brightener, which I use as a highlighter when I contour. I love K-beauty products so much; I'm really glad I live fairly close to Flushing and Koreatown, and that Amazon carries all the brands I like, so I can get my fix whenever I'm out of something.

I bought Bare Minerals when QVC was heavy into it. Due to the fact that I picked my face quite regularly in the teen years, any attempt to lightly brush on these things led me to see polka dots on my face... couldn't get rid of them. So off the Bare Minerals went into the trash!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived