IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think little fireman means his name is Marshall.

Or Smokey!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Little Fireman" thing dates back at least to the 1940's, and is a kind of vintage-gross (vintagross?) way of referring to baby male anatomy. It's a little bizarre to me, but then, I've never found myself in need of a good way to discuss baby genitalia on social media. Maybe this is how you do it. I don't know. Barren Womb 4 Lyfe.

I'm going to go ahead and call the "Auntie" shots out for the self-aggrandizing stuff that they are. If they want to post pics of the baby without showing its face, I think that's awesome! But... you know, actually cover its face, and don't position yourself in the middle of the picture. Otherwise, this is just Selfie With Prop, 101. 

Anyone else get the feeling that Jessica and/or Charlotte are trying to send someone, somewhere, a "message" by posting quasi-maternal pics of themselves with the Infantus Obscurus? 

On 10/27/2017 at 9:20 AM, Lurky said:

Although to be fair, "don't have an outdoor wedding in places where it could rain" is completely bizarre.  That one sounds like a tip for a 13 year old who's been fantasising about an outdoor winter wedding...

I once helped with an indoor reception after an outdoor ceremony in the snow in December. It actually went very well. The bride wore a cute little fake fur jacket over her sleeveless dress, the ceremony was pretty short, and then everyone crowded inside the warm house for lots of really great food. (I helped warm up the food and put it out. I had nothing to do with making any of it. :pb_lol: ) Sadly, a beautiful wedding doesn't guarantee anything; I heard through the grapevine that the couple divorced before their 1st anniversary.

On a happier note, congratulations to @Gabe and Brigid! :stork-boy:

That reminds me of Phoebe and Mike getting married in the snow outside Central Perk... the poor dog though! 

And wtf was the point of the heart. You could see the face easily.

9 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The "Little Fireman" thing dates back at least to the 1940's, and is a kind of vintage-gross (vintagross?) way of referring to baby male anatomy.

Ok if that's what they are going for, they are beyond weird. Don't talk about your newborn nephew's penis like it's a hose when announcing his arrival! I hope his name is just Marshall. But since Gabe and Brijee seem to be so into history, I thought they would go with some great historical religious figure. 

I’m just making a WAG here but my thought about the heart was that it was intended to obscure the baby’s face for internet purposes (ie reverse photo searches etc) but not to actually prevent people getting a general  glimpse.  I have no clue if internet photo software can tell one newborn apart from another.  And even if it can’t now, who knows what will be possible over the next number of years.  No snark from me on this, even if it turns out to not be necessary/useful.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Personally I'm hoping they've gone for a Tolkien name...

Meriadoc, Peregrin, Bilbo, Frodo, Smeagol, Gorhendad. Plenty of potential and we haven't even got to the elves and dwarves! :PThorin Oakenshield would be marvelous!   

54 minutes ago, catlady said:

It makes me think of Fire Marshall Bill.  Maybe they named him William.

That would be boringly mundane for a fundie. Then again if they’re going for a 40s vibe it’d be ok.

On 10/28/2017 at 7:55 PM, Palimpsest said:

Or Smokey!

Blaze. Inferno. Conflagration. Ladder 49.  So many possibilities.

I think they need a Scottish name.  Gabe's probably making a tiny kilt already.   Alasdair, Angus, Campbell (unless they are MacDonalds), Dougal, Fergus, Hamish, Iain, Lachlan, Mungo, Ruairidh,  Stuart, Tamhas ...

59 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think they need a Scottish name.  Gabe's probably making a tiny kilt already.   Alasdair, Angus, Campbell (unless they are MacDonalds), Dougal, Fergus, Hamish, Iain, Lachlan, Mungo, Ruairidh,  Stuart, Tamhas ...

I so hope they do a kilt picture, I mean why wouldn't there be a kilt given his daddy likes them? A kilt with a matching diapercover perhaps. I think Alasdair would suit him. Not my choice for a name but it would work on him. 

9 hours ago, Lurky said:

I bet Gabe is cracking up reading all of this!

I kinda hope he is. I also hope the baby's name is Alfred, seeing he expressed his admiration of Alfred the Great! :P Not terribly Scottish though. 

Also will Gabe make the baby a sporran? @Gabe, questions, questions!  

28 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I kinda hope he is. I also hope the baby's name is Alfred, seeing he expressed his admiration of Alfred the Great! :P Not terribly Scottish though. 

Also will Gabe make the baby a sporran? @Gabe, questions, questions!  

Probably not, until he is walking.

We'd prefer to keep his internet presence as small as possible so that when he is old enough to make decisions for himself his whole life story and everyday isn't plastered all over the place.

Just now, Gabe said:

We'd prefer to keep his internet presence as small as possible so that when he is old enough to make decisions for himself his whole life story and everyday isn't plastered all over the place.

That is very wise and I’m sure we all commend you both for that decision.  Congratulations, Gabe. 

16 minutes ago, Gabe said:

This is wonderfully refreshing.  While I enjoy Jessa Duggar Seewald's cute kids as much as the next person, I do feel for them that they have no choice in their exposure.  Enjoy this precious time with your son, and congrats to you both.

But if we're voting on Scottish inspired names, I've always liked the unconventional Sterling/Stirling as a first name.  

Congratulations @Gabe! Should you look for advice or want to share parenting experience and wisdom we have a parenting thread where we support each other through some literal shit. You may like it.

Congratulations @Gabe and Brigid! And kudos on the minimal internet sharing of your son. He'll undoubtedly thank you for that in the future.

Re Scottish names- Rory is a favourite and you can use Gaelic spelling for maximum Celtic impact!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived