IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

On 11/13/2017 at 12:05 AM, Coy Koi said:

The thing my sister laughed at me the most about was years before that though, it was a black t-shirt with a black velcro panel across the chest and it came with a bunch of velcro letters so you could write things. It was really classy.

Hahaha, I had one of those!  I think I wore it clubbing exactly once!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/14/2017 at 2:43 AM, Lurky said:

I think I only wore mine once too! I'm willing to look fairly ridiculous but there IS a limit.

I just told my daughter about this shirt and she asked me if I still had it. She wanted it. I worry about that kid...:pb_lol:

I don't still have it, but it got me wondering what happened to it. I must have given it away, but did I carefully package up the velcro letters with it? I don't remember doing that, but it would be pretty useless without its velcro letters, so I hope I did.

45 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

I don't still have it, but it got me wondering what happened to it. I must have given it away, but did I carefully package up the velcro letters with it? I don't remember doing that, but it would be pretty useless without its velcro letters, so I hope I did.

I think I carefully packaged up the letters in a ziplock bag and safety-pinned it to the t-shirt when I donated it to a charity shop!   I think my biggest issue with it at the time was I could never think of something funny enough to put on it! :pb_lol:

On 11/14/2017 at 5:43 AM, Lurky said:

The real question here is, what did you write on it? :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, Lurky said:

I think I carefully packaged up the letters in a ziplock bag and safety-pinned it to the t-shirt when I donated it to a charity shop!   I think my biggest issue with it at the time was I could never think of something funny enough to put on it! :pb_lol:

You are a responsible citizen. I would like to think I donated mine so carefully too but I'm afraid I probably didn't. As for the shirt's message, that was the problem, this was before Bro Gary. Now we would know to put "WEENLOVER" or literally anything else he's ever said on it. Sadly, that shirt was before its time.

Anyone remember those LCD belt buckles that were all the rage for about 10 minutes in about 2004? You could personalize a message to scroll on them. An ex of mine had one. I thought it was the bee's knees, to be honest. But clearly, I'm a sucker for horribly tacky personalized things that should not exist.

16 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

As for the shirt's message, that was the problem, this was before Bro Gary. Now we would know to put "WEENLOVER" or literally anything else he's ever said on it. Sadly, that shirt was before its time.

Oh. My. Cow.   Can you imagine?   Hell, as the Official Weenese Translator of FJ, you should make a Redbubble shop of t-shirts with Weenese messages on them.....

8 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Oh. My. Cow.   Can you imagine?   Hell, as the Official Weenese Translator of FJ, you should make a Redbubble shop of t-shirts with Weenese messages on them.....

Haha! It's funny because my job is actually to help people make personalized stuff. They ask for my opinion all the time and I just refuse to give it (I'm not about to have them change their mind and then blame me). I always say really general, soothing things and then agree with whichever direction they're already leaning. It kills me sometimes though. Stop saying "Rest in Paradise", people. It sounds so fucking stupid. When I die, if anyone says that about me, I'm gonna haunt them.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE QUIT MAKING HATS THAT SAY "MAKE ______ GREAT AGAIN" or "MAKE AMERICA ______ AGAIN". That shit is so old and is making light of a very serious situation. I can't even count how many of these stupid customers I've had.

3 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

Stop saying "Rest in Paradise", people.

Perhaps you could suggest "Then t'worms 'll cum and eat thee oop" instead.

Not Weenese just Yorkshire - and these people had fun with it:

The worst thing I wore to the clubs in the very early 2000s was what my girlfriends and I called "bib shirts." They were basically a piece of material with lots of strings attached that you tied in the back. It was just an oversized bib that only covered your front and not your back. We would wear those shirts to the club in the middle of winter! We were morons. Cute morons.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The worst thing I wore to the clubs in the very early 2000s was what my girlfriends and I called "bib shirts." They were basically a piece of material with lots of strings attached that you tied in the back. It was just an oversized bib that only covered your front and not your back. We would wear those shirts to the club in the middle of winter! We were morons. Cute morons.

Ooh, I think I made one of those out of a bandana?  I put a bunch of colorful beads on the strings. I was in Catholic school at the time so I rarely had the opportunity to wear it, but when I did I thought I was sooo cool.

Delia*s was forbidden fruit. My mom was a die-hard Spiegel fan, but refused to consider catalog shopping for me... even when I was paying. I yearned from afar, and faked trendy shit by making it at home. This led to things like putting blue food coloring in white manicure polish since it was impossible to find non-traditional colors in local stores at the time. End result: nail beds wicked the color and were permanently blueish-green for over a month.

My late 90s-early aughts clubbing was full of tragic clothing choices too. I didn't know how to wear makeup, so I smeared sharpie pen around my eyes (oh, yes), and wore random pieces of clearance lingerie from Belk's with tight jeans and clunky platform heels. My trademark look was two or three bras worn nested in each other, so that the tops of the under-layers showed over the edge of the top bra like extra trim, or something. Added bonus: worn under a tight tank top, it created the illusion of cleavage. Such trompe l'oeil was necessary since I had the sumptuous curves of an ironing board.

13 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE QUIT MAKING HATS THAT SAY "MAKE ______ GREAT AGAIN" or "MAKE AMERICA ______ AGAIN". That shit is so old and is making light of a very serious situation. I can't even count how many of these stupid customers I've had.

I understand your perspective on this, but I also think that any little bit of mocking just makes him look more and more like a toddler who can dish it out but can't take it. He wants so desperately to be taken seriously, so in my mind, warping his bullshit slogan into totally trivial or stupid things is just one way to show that no, we don't take you seriously, and we never will.

3 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

This led to things like putting blue food coloring in white manicure polish since it was impossible to find non-traditional colors in local stores at the time. End result: nail beds wicked the color and were permanently blueish-green for over a 

Oh God that reminds me of the dumb things I used to do with my hair.

I remember wanting pink hair when I was younger and of course my parents response was “no, absolutely not”. Not being one to take no as an answer I took matters into my own hands, my hair was to dark for traditional things like koolaid, so instead I would spray like an entire can of that temporary spray dye from the Halloween store in it.

It didn’t work of course, it turned my hair into a greasy rats nest and I stained everything I came in contact with pink.

When we were like 12 or 13 we colored our hair pink with food color. It was ugly as hell and stained your clothes. We still did it several times but after the first time we were wise enough to wear black.

What they've been doing on instagram lately. Well, the boyersisters instagram anyway! 

Spoiler

Spoiler

They have a new video on YouTube. I am getting over a migraine so I didn't watch very much of it but it was some sort of challenge video where they end up sticking tape on their faces. 

2 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

They have a new video on YouTube.

The Boyer sisters play a stupid game to demonstrate how very limited their vocabularies are and waste scotch tape.  I lost count of the number of times they repeated earring, tree, camera, and brick.  They didn't even catch some repetitions.

Oh, and Charlotte - look up the meaning of morbid.  It doesn't mean what you think it means.

The only thing laughable about their new video is Charlotte wearing that hideous outfit from the most recent blog post.

A swing and a miss, ladies.

17 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

This led to things like putting blue food coloring in white manicure polish since it was impossible to find non-traditional colors in local stores at the time. End result: nail beds wicked the color and were permanently blueish-green for over a month.

I yearned for Hard Candy pastel blue nail polish after seeing it in YM/Teen/Seventeen/Sassy but living multiple hundreds of miles from any city of size where such things could be acquired, pre-online shopping, led me to do the same.  I thought I was sooooo clever.

23 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I understand your perspective on this, but I also think that any little bit of mocking just makes him look more and more like a toddler who can dish it out but can't take it. He wants so desperately to be taken seriously, so in my mind, warping his bullshit slogan into totally trivial or stupid things is just one way to show that no, we don't take you seriously, and we never will.

That does make sense too. I don't think any of these customers I've had actually support Trump. If someone wanted to make an item that clearly did support him, I'd flat-out refuse (because it would happen so rarely and I know I wouldn't be fired for it, but I do understand that some decent people would not even have that option as employees), but I think they've all just been making tired jokes. Sometimes it can just put me in a grumpy mood to take endless orders for "MAKE AMERICA SKATE AGAIN" hats. (And then there are others that are confusing, like, "MAKE FLIGHT TESTS GREAT AGAIN" or something like that. I'm not even even sure if I'm remembering that quite correctly but there have been several that I have no idea what they're even supposed to mean.) All I know is that nearly everyone wants some type of thing to return to its previous condition.

Jessica has a new post up, after reading it all I can really say is that I hope she’s being honest with her mental health and not just keeping sweet. Because she sounds much better off than she had in earlier posts. 

Spoiler

They are doing a Black Friday sale for their essential oils and saw some show! 

yes, clearly, they are the only fans of one of the iconic and popular television series of all time. :shrug:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived