IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

Maybe an anti-LGBTQ hate group is paying for law school with the promise of a job after? Corporations and law firms do this all the time. He's such a dick and generally unlikeable. He will not make many friends...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Good point. She’ll show up with the kids every day for lunch. Then she’ll hear Derdick is in a study group with WOMEN and she’ll crash. She’ll sit in the library or wherever with them and cling to his arm as the kids run around.

...or sit on his lap....

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, snickers34 said:

While I wish this were true, I'm not at all convinced. Think about the countless lawyers, DC/state lobbyists & politicians who graduate from law school that are conservative and still religious AF. Plus at a more conservative school/region to boot.

Agree, but it's his highly superior attitude about everything I was thinking of more than his religious conservatism. 

• Upvote 7

I don't know if it's still the case, but when I was in law school, the ABA, which accredits law schools, really discouraged,  if not outright banned,  first year students from working. No one in my class worked that I was aware of.  Of course,  I worked full time over every break and 20 hours a week in my second and third years, had no dependents and still ended up in debt.

Accounting is actually a good background if you want to do business or tax law.

• Upvote 9

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Accounting- quit that?

Missionary in Central America- quit that?

Spanish Classes- ??

Mission Program-???

Counting On- Quit that?

Law School- 

What's next?

Get a job and support your family...damn malcontent

Don't forget the seminary program.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, VanillaBean said:

I don't know if it's still the case, but when I was in law school, the ABA, which accredits law schools, really discouraged,  if not outright banned,  first year students from working. No one in my class worked that I was aware of.  Of course,  I worked full time over every break and 20 hours a week in my second and third years, had no dependents and still ended up in debt.

Accounting is actually a good background if you want to do business or tax law.

Really? I had numerous classmates who worked first year.

Ugh. This is going to be like “Legally Blonde,” isn’t it?*

*Except not funny, not entertaining, with far less Reese Witherspoon, way more religious bull shit, and a protagonist who is neither likable nor hardworking.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Ugh. This is going to be like “Legally Blonde,” isn’t it?*

*Except not funny, not entertaining, with far less Reese Witherspoon, way more religious bull shit, and a protagonist who is neither likable nor hardworking.

OMG someone on the Derjill thread was just talking about Derick passing the LSAT's and the legally blond movie was the first thing that popped into my head. :laughing-rofl:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Really? I had numerous classmates who worked first year.

So i looked it up... there used to be a rule limiting you to working  20 hours a week in law school but  it seems to have been eliminated  in 2014. No mention of not working during first year,  but I swear  I remember that.  Maybe it was a recommendation that I thought was a rule. You see, I had not yet been trained to read the fine print!

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Don't forget the seminary program.

Holy shit. If I had a husband who entered in a marriage with me, with the clearly expressed understanding that he is the provider (his own words) and I'm the SAHM, combined with the lack of birth control? I'd be pissed as shit right now. He's been through more 'volunteer' and barely real jobs than I have in the same amount of time. And I only have to put kibble in the doggy bowl, not support two kids and a quite fertile wife who is prone to expensive pregnancies...

ETA - I think adults with children/spouses going back to school to better themselves personally or professionally is a great thing, but jesus. It's just been thing after thing, then dragging a terrified wife and baby to a new country, after next thing...

Edited by snickers34
  • Upvote 13

13 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

OMG someone on the Derjill thread was just talking about Derick passing the LSAT's and the legally blond movie was the first thing that popped into my head. :laughing-rofl:

I’ve 100% decided that he made an Elle Woods worthy admission video, complete with moments like this:

D45F5912-4BA9-4783-9632-006C834F988F.jpeg.704e4a5f6585828e3533535285ce3efc.jpeg

Except Derick’s would have less funny moments and more bashing of LGBTQ+ teens.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

Do we know which school he is going to? Will they have to move?

Edit: never mind, I see

Edited by seraaa

2 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Do we know which school he is going to? Will they have to move?

according to Pickles the university of Arkansas. hey that means the Duggar's actually have a reason to wear razorback gear now LMAO

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 8

I'm unimpressed Picklesl!

We all already knew he was maybe going to go.  So, he is.  Big deal.  Idgaf. If he were going to cosmetology school, then I'd be shocked and even giving Pickles a head pat.  Lawschool, pfffft. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Realistically, Derrick will likely do just fine in law school. I doubt he is going to be that outspoken because a professor will take him down a notch or two. I saw that happen with students whose parents were lawyers and they thought themselves superior to everyone else. Hell, he can be quiet and still do fine. That was me. You aren’t graded on personality and almost all classes, other than writing classes, have exams where you are given a number as your ID rather than putting down your name, so no one will get back at him for his attitude.  For the most part, other than moot court, law school is pretty clinical and you don’t get a lot of opportunities to interject your own opinion not back by law.

I think Jill is the one who will have problems coping. The old saying is that the first year they scared you to death, the second year they work you to death and the third year they bore you to death. She will have to navigate Derrick’s moods based on the stress of law school. She is going to have to deal with him being gone or studying all the time and she will not really be able to discuss what Derrick is studying. Not because she isn’t in law school as well but because she wasn’t raised with critical thinking skills to understand what he will be talking about. I know a lot of married students who separated either during law school or not long after graduation. I think this will put a real strain on their marriage. On the upside, Jill will get three years to stay near family and not have to live in countries where shower racks attack.

• Upvote 19

12 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

hey that means the Duggar's actually have a reason to wear razorback gear now LMAO

The vast majority of Arkansans who wear collegiate shit, wear Razorback gear - whether they went to UofA or not. Because it's readily available in every Walmart. And because it's the cool thing to do.

• Upvote 5

Guys, guys, guys - Derick’s going to be totally fine in law school! All he need to do is bend... and snap!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 27
  • Love 2

Do we know how this was confirmed? I glanced at Pickles’ page and no evidence confirming the news was provided. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Do we know how this was confirmed? I glanced at Pickles’ page and no evidence confirming the news was provided. 

No I don't believe it's an actual confirmed thing. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

She does get new news sometimes.  And this was new.  :)

12 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

She does get new news sometimes.  And this was new.  :)

I know. It’s entirely possible this is legit. I just don’t really trust her to be honest. I feel like she’d absolutely make stuff up if it meant getting a bit more attention.  :pb_lol:

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It's confirmed because Pickles is the almighty super speshul source and she in no way  lifts news of FJ or Tumblr. :pb_lol: 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's confirmed because Pickles is the almighty super speshul source and she in no way  lifts news of FJ or Tumblr. :pb_lol: 

please don't tell me there is a duggar tumblr page which everyone here is a part of 

ok tell me - where do i join under my xfiles alias :D 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic