IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

Why does she need an attorney?

They are public figures, darlin'.  You can gossip about them.  And if what you post is true, you don't need a lawyer. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Given how strongly the Duggars feel about gender roles, I have a hard time believing that they would threaten to shave one of their daughters' heads. I also have a hard time believing that Josh would care. I feel like I was just reading the other day (either here or on Reddit, can't remember) speculation that Jana had been involved in a failed courtship. My guess is that "Pickles" saw the same thing and decided to spin it into a rumor of her own.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

32 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

But she was correct about Derick going to law school!   :boom:

True...lol.  But her 'source' was a Duggar-adjacent tweeting to Derick about how his lawyer brother was happy to talk to him  about law school.  And then Derick started following law-related Twitter feeds.  Not exactly 'inside info'.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

They are public figures, darlin'.  You can gossip about them.  And if what you post is true, you don't need a lawyer. 

Ms. Histrionics doesn't hence the "anyone know a good lawyer?".   Crazy bitch.  It's so funny!

• Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, ilikeskittles said:

Given how strongly the Duggars feel about gender roles, I have a hard time believing that they would threaten to shave one of their daughters' heads. I also have a hard time believing that Josh would care. I feel like I was just reading the other day (either here or on Reddit, can't remember) speculation that Jana had been involved in a failed courtship. My guess is that "Pickles" saw the same thing and decided to spin it into a rumor of her own.

Besides, didn't the boys' heads always get shaved when they were sent to Gothard Faux Christian Soldier Boot-camp?   I've always figured Josh was sent there as part of his perv rehab and the cameras caught him shortly after his return.  And yeah, he wouldn't care if some girl took a punishment for him.  She tempted him I'm sure!  

And it would be hardly shocking or surprising or even noteworthy if Jana's had a failed courtship along the way. She's pushing 30. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

(Josh was rumored to be betrothed to Kayleigh Holt when they were 14-15).

I remember Amy confirming that Josh was courting or pre-engaged to a Holt girl when he was really young. This was back when she was on Facebook and trying to get a singing career from one album and her relatives coat tails. 

Jana could have had a similar arrangement. We don’t know. Perhaps Joy & Austin and Joe & Kendra had similar arrangements but they didn’t advertise the fact on tv.  

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, ilikeskittles said:

The rumor is that they threatened to shave the head of the still-unidentified fifth victim, not a Duggar daughter. I’m not convinced it’s true.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

43 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The rumor is that they threatened to shave the head of the still-unidentified fifth victim, not a Duggar daughter. I’m not convinced it’s true.

Me either. And maybe it was not a "victim" but rather he had sex with a willing girl. That actually sounds more plausible for public humiliation than anything.

• Upvote 8

Her lawyer plea was probably just for more hits. If she has something that "big" say concerning child abuse or what not, she should send it to the police.

Or she could've sold it to In Touch but then she wouldn't get her ego trip of being the one to break it. 

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

You can gossip about them, but they can still sue and I would assume that Pickles doesn't have the financial resources the Duggar's would should a suit be filed.

Seriously though, what she posts is so stale, I don't know why she bothers.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

You can gossip about them, but they can still sue and I would assume that Pickles doesn't have the financial resources the Duggar's would should a suit be filed.

The Duggars aren't going to sue her for her little gossip site.  Which is just one of many.  First Amendment and all.  She's just being a drama queen.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

The Duggars aren't going to sue her for her little gossip site.  Which is just one of many.  First Amendment and all.  She's just being a drama queen.

I don't disagree that she's being a drama queen, nor do I think she has any actual news to "break" either.  But if she puts something in writing on her FB page, she could in theory be sued for slander.  I doubt the Duggars would do so, but it might be prudent for her to check with an attorney before she posts it.  Josh, at the very least, seems to be looking for someone to sue to make up for his lost wages.  Having said that though, if she decides to post it, she should pay for her own damn lawyer.  

• Upvote 1

First of all, I agree that Pickles is full of shit. I sort of hope she'll someone crash and burn then disappear in the next year or two here... she's just ridiculous.

That said, I can actually see church elders THREATENING to shave a girl's head as punishment for Josh (or someone in his position), but not actually doing it. Stranger things have happened.

The gross thing is I would think that they would want to keep the girl as physically attractive (by their standards) as possible so that she could still be married off in a timely fashion, in spite of the tainting from abuse that was partly her fault anyway.

(total sarcasm at the end there)

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Joyfully Available said:

Pickles banned/blocked me from commenting on FB

You are in good company. I once PM messaged her about her allowing people to make fun of private citizens.  She had posted some candid pictures of the Duggars at some public event and people were being truly vicious and mean about the appearance of some  people who just happened to be in the pictures/background.   Really uncalled for. I get the Duggars are public figures (and even the ridicule and ridiculousness of some of her fangirls is WAY over the top...no intelligent conversation there!) but these were totally random people and I felt it was over the line.    I respectfully pointed this out and she blocked me. oh Well. 

On 8/1/2018 at 7:28 PM, TatiFish9 said:

I also believe Derick will succeed where Josh did not. I can already see it.

I agree.   He may be foolish, but it doesn't mean he's educationally  stupid. I think he knows how to study. and in fact, is not unlike some other professional students I've known over the years (minus the religious beliefs).

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 7

14 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Me either. And maybe it was not a "victim" but rather he had sex with a willing girl. That actually sounds more plausible for public humiliation than anything.

Unless that happened after he turned 18 or they didn't report it, we do know what he did to the other victim we don't know the name of. It's all in the redacted (now expunged) police report that In Touch originally posted. But the buzz cut was before he was 18.

Also I have a really hard time thinking that they would really threaten to cut off a girl's hair. I know they value hair in a Biblical way, but this seems a bit far off.

From what I can tell, Pickles does have at least one "insider" who is a woman who lives in the direct area and attended JBU (where Marjorie went). She is college educated and from what I can tell, she doesn't attend the Caldwell's church but does attend a small church in the area. I believe she is friends with Kendra at least, because she was at Kendra's baby shower. I'm not certain if she used to be more fundie or not. I'm not really sure why she would be friends with the Duggars and then go send photos to Pickles, but then again, I don't know why people do a lot of stuff.

• Upvote 4

On 8/21/2018 at 12:04 PM, SamiKatz said:

But if she puts something in writing on her FB page, she could in theory be sued for slander

(my bold)

This is a total nitpick, but slander is spoken. If something is written, it's libel. (@Curious helped me remember that one. Slander and spoken both start with "s".)

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

I remember it from a movie, Libel for a Liar. Don't remember anything about the mkvie, but libel being written, stuck with me.

• Thank You 1

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Duggars never officially announced or have even commented that Josh was "promised" to the Holt daughter?

Pickles now says she has been "around" for that long, since they "announced the arrangement." Uh, I don't think so?

Also now I'm curious if she reached out to the girl who is giving her info or if the girl contacted Pickles. Especially since the girl has indeed gone to the Caldwell's church.

Edited by meowfundiecatz
  • Upvote 4

Pickles gives of major stalker vibes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she reaches out to all these people on facebook personally since she's already stealing photos from fundie circles. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Duggars never officially announced or have even commented that Josh was "promised" to the Holt daughter?

Pickles now says she has been "around" for that long, since they "announced the arrangement." Uh, I don't think so?

Also now I'm curious if she reached out to the girl who is giving her info or if the girl contacted Pickles. Especially since the girl has indeed gone to the Caldwell's church.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that not only was the supposed Duggar-Holt betrothal never officially announced, it's not even a for sure thing that it ever existed. There was a rumour about it, and a sentence or two in the police reports seemed to suggest that Josh may have been in some kind of courtship or betrothal with someone who may have been a Holt daughter, but it's never been confirmed.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Even if it did happen, it would have been before the show. It'd be even creepier if Pickles stalked the Duggars before they were in the limelight

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure that not only was the supposed Duggar-Holt betrothal never officially announced, it's not even a for sure thing that it ever existed. There was a rumour about it, and a sentence or two in the police reports seemed to suggest that Josh may have been in some kind of courtship or betrothal with someone who may have been a Holt daughter, but it's never been confirmed.

I'm also pretty sure it hasn't. I think Amy confirmed that Josh was in some kind of relationship before, but as far as I know the specific person was never confirmed. It bugs me that people keep treating it as fact. 

• Upvote 6

Didn't "Alice" essentially say it was a Holt though? Or at least heavily hint at it leaving little doubt about which family they were talking about?

• Upvote 1

Pickles is full of it.  Any "betrothal" to a Holt daughter was never announced publicly, although there have been rumors and various stories in gossip rags over the years. 

There was a 5th victim but she has never been identified - and we don't speculate about the identities of victims.

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I'm also pretty sure it hasn't. I think Amy confirmed that Josh was in some kind of relationship before, but as far as I know the specific person was never confirmed. It bugs me that people keep treating it as fact. 

This.  And sometimes I think Amy is full of it too.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:54 PM, JenniferJuniper said:

Besides, didn't the boys' heads always get shaved when they were sent to Gothard Faux Christian Soldier Boot-camp?   I've always figured Josh was sent there as part of his perv rehab and the cameras caught him shortly after his return.

As far as we know Josh was never sent to ALERT at Big Sandy.  ALERT does have a few regional groups where junior cadets (under 17) do Boy Scout-like activities. 

ALERT at Big Sandy is not a "rehab" even in IBLP terms.   It supposedly trains boys to be manly Christian men with forced marches, lots of scripture learning, and some fun like playing with guns, camping and learning to swim.  They do military type drills (very badly).  They also do EMT and "leadership" training.

Kids have to be 17 to go there.

Josh having his hair shaved thing - In 2004 Josh was back living at home and the narrator on 14 Children and Pregnant Again, the first Duggar special.  His hair was just growing back in when that was filmed.  He was 16. 

What the Duggars claimed:  

Jim Bob Duggar said his son first confessed to the inappropriate touching on two occasions in 2002, and that the teen said it occurred when the girls were asleep. Josh confessed again in 2003, when the child involved was very young. After that, the family sent Josh to a Christian program in Little Rock that emphasized physical work and mentoring.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/tv/duggars-son-s-molestation-we-felt-failures-n369481

The reality:  IBLP was renovating an old hotel building in Little Rock in 2003 and 2004.  Josh was sent to do hard labor there and be mentored by the guy in charge.  The mentor's  name was somewhere in the police report.   It was not a rehab facility at all, but Josh was undoubtedly punished and his head shaved while he was there helping with the renovations.

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Didn't "Alice" essentially say it was a Holt though? Or at least heavily hint at it leaving little doubt about which family they were talking about?

Either Alice or concerned mom (who may have been the same person) talked about a political family.  They were so malicious it was hard to take them seriously.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic