IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

She runs a Facebook page. It's free. She was begging for money because running said page was becoming too time-consuming for her. Uhm, she CHOSE to start and maintain the page. It is entirely her choice how much content she wants to post, how many pictures she wants to photoshop/steal, and how many replies she makes to people who post on the page. 

This was in the days right before GoFund Me, so how she was going to collect the money is hazy in my memory, but the bottom line is she attempted to beg for cash to run a free enterprise. It still boggles my mind, and it's been about 4 years now. 

• Upvote 8

I didn't know that.  That's pretty ballsy, IMO.   I admit FJ takes up a lot of time when I'm actively participating/working on things, but it's my CHOICE.  @Destiny does all the heavy lifting with the server, so I can just putter around on my various projects that are in various stages of completion ;)

• Upvote 20

@Curious  Thank you for this site.  Many thanks too for the helpmeets for keeping it on track.

Edited by Lurker
  • Upvote 21

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

@Bajovane Remember when I copied her request for money into the private group thinking it was safe not to be revealed? That same mole outed me, I was banned, and she promptly took down her attempted cash grab (it's expensive to run a FB group, y'all!)! Needless to say, I found such a request ludicrous, and took it to a place I thought was private to snark on Pickles. After the incident, the group found the mole, had a giant purge, and went secret. No problems with tattle tales since. 

(yes, you know who I am. I didn't know you had an account here!) :D

I go so far back with Pickles that I remember when she used to post using her real name. Pickles just organically evolved over time, and she claimed she was getting cyber threats of violence, so she shut down her personal account, and Pickles the persona was officially born. 

Bwahaha!  Yes, I knew you had an account here.  I admit, I seldom post here but I've been a long time lurker and have many hours of enjoyment reading through various threads regarding the Maxwells, the Rodrigues', the Bateseseses and of course, our favorite family - the Duggars.

As for the Prickles debacle, oh yeah.  She was something else.  I love keeping tabs here about her (as I refuse to give her page views).

• Upvote 6

On 8/3/2017 at 11:50 PM, Curious said:

I can't answer the question about Pickles with any absolute certainty, but I don't believe she makes money off the page since it's facebook.  There may be ways to monetize facebook pages, but I'm not really aware of any offhand.  I think the main draw of a..let's call it business...facebook page is to direct traffic to your normal website which is monetized.  To my knowledge, Pickles only has the facebook page.

Edit to ad: facebook pages are free so Pickels has no charges for her page.

I am the owner of Free Jinger.  We run ads on the site which pay for everything.  The money that comes in, which is not the Scrooge McDuck swimming through his piles of cash that some people would like you to think, pays for FJ's monthly bills.   Everyone who "works" here (ie: the admin team, including helpmeets) are volunteers.

Thanks for that explanation.  I just never really gave it much thought.  Considering the amount of work it must take to run a site like this, I would hope that you are making some money or at least breaking even.    It is a well functioning website with very few technical glitches, and I love the search features, and the extensive historical sections.  So thank you for your efforts and also for the mods who help run it, even when on rare occasions I might not agree with them.  I tried to moderate a forum once several years ago and it was a nightmare.  The site was very glitchy and I had no patience for drama.    And we had a small group of people on the site unlike FJ. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1

I'm so close to commenting on Pickles page but I don't want to get myself blocked. 

First she claims she has 'proof' that baby Samuel was in the NICU - a fleeting statement with no evidence to back it up (she also refuses to give proof) and then there's this (very rude imo) 

IMG_0280.PNG

• Upvote 4

I do social media management as a career and VERY long story short, unless she's got someone sponsoring her posts, she's not making money.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pickles posted the Rockford article about Josh and a very pregnant Anna, JB, JD, an unknown couple and some D kids flying to Illinois. Her rant against them is the Duggars have a huge plane and fly on it while people are starving. I find that reaching just a tad. I mean, I ate a couple cookies for dessert and people are starving. Doesn't mean I don't do charitable work. Having and using a plane doesn't indicate whether or not the Duggars give to charity. Not a good argument that the Duggars are horrible, Pickles...  

• Upvote 15

I wonder where she found that link? Hmmm? :D

The link was also posted on PTV around the same time it was posted here, so I don't know who actually had the scoop, but I can say with certainity that it wasn't her. 

• Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Pickles stole a photo from the tumblr group Fundie Wonderland and watermarked it as her own. She is blocking people and deleting comments calling her out. Has she truly lost it?

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, muggleborn said:

Pickles stole a photo from the tumblr group Fundie Wonderland and watermarked it as her own. She is blocking people and deleting comments calling her out. Has she truly lost it?

she does that all the time.  She is not right in the noggin', IMO.  She was warned plenty of times before she was finally banned here. If she wants to assume the liability for all the crazy she does that's fine, but I wasn't going to do it here.

Edit to add: Fundie Wonderland should file a DMCA notice with Facebook and get it pulled, especially since she watermarked it as her own.

Edited by Curious
adding another thought
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Pickles lost it a long time ago. I feel bad for the users that only get their fundie snark fix from her (which hasn't been funny in years as she has become somewhat of a dWRECK stan, imo) because they don't realizes places like FJ, reddit, and tumblr exist. 

• Upvote 11

I used to visit the Pickles page occasionally. It got boring after a while. I’m not really part of the Duggar subforum on here (too many tabs to keep an eye on) so I prefer FJ for the wider range of snark targets.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Pickles lost it a long time ago. I feel bad for the users that only get their fundie snark fix from her (which hasn't been funny in years as she has become somewhat of a dWRECK stan, imo) because they don't realizes places like FJ, reddit, and tumblr exist. 

Did she ever really have it to begin with?  I used to follow her FB page, but quit over a year ago. So much drama.

Edited by onekidanddone
typo
  • Upvote 9

19 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Did she ever really have it to begin with?  I used to follow her FB page, but quit over a year ago. So much drama.

Same here. It was quite interesting since it was a good way to find news fasr, especially when I was not of FJ yet. 

But now it is difficult to find the newsworthly items between all the drama and bullshit. And now I have FJ.

as a Gay, no one says "transgenders" as slang like people say "the gays" as satire. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

So the great and powerful Pickles is making a big announcement tonight....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

This makes me think of Charlie Brown!

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I'm betting that she's setting up shop on a website she can monetize.  

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

Maybe she found a life?

• Haha 10

3 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Maybe she found a life?

I wonder if her source gave her some juice about an announcement the duggar's plan to make in the coming weeks. (You know there is always an announcement right before the new season and I doubt John and Abbie was it. If she does Beat the Duggar's to the punch that would be hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

In the comments she says she breaks new news at times and this new!  

Don't ask why I'm reading the comments.

• Haha 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic