IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

I am underwhelmed by the Big News announcement.

I don’t follow the Duggars much and even I knew that was a thing in the works.

Tomorrow’s announcement: the Duggars are fundie and water is wet.

Edited by littlemommy
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 3

That was anticlimatic.   Should have been ghosts.

Edited by SamiKatz
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

Derick...law school?! Oh Rufus!

1 minute ago, littlemommy said:

I don’t follow the Duggars much and even I knew that was a thing in the works.

Tomorrow’s announcement: the Duggars are fundie and water is wet.

Derick might tweet that is wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

LOL total fail, Pickles. We more or less figured this out months ago! It was fairly obvious from his Twitter activities, and then that brother of the dude dating a Query girl basically confirmed it. *cue sad trombone*

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

Still, Derick--in law school. LAW SCHOOL.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180202215042

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 27

My daughter graduated from law school last spring. She went to a really large state (veryyy LIBERAL) law school (also undergrad) here in NC. They divided the 1Ls into 3 different groups and she had a hard core fundie in her group. He had gone to a small Southern Baptist school for undergrad. He was a real gunner and interjected Christian/Conservative comments in to every conversation. He was vastly unpopular with his classmates and with faculty. Imagine that. 

• Upvote 30

How on earth are they paying for all of this?! Is Jill going to get a job and drop the kids off at the TTH? I can't imagine JB would shell out $, but maybe some from Cathy. Student loans can't possibly take care of school AND provide for a wife/two kids.

• Upvote 17

well, didnt we all already know this? Law school I mean.....

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Wait. People log out of FJ? 

my reaction completely

Edited by xlurker
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

How on earth are they paying for all of this?! Is Jill going to get a job and drop the kids off at the TTH? I can't imagine JB would shell out $, but maybe some from Cathy. Student loans can't possibly take care of school AND provide for a wife/two kids.

JB might do it to have a free lawyer . plus this is princess Jill we are talking about I still think she is JB;s favored daughter.  I'm also sure that Derick will have some type of go fund me. it's his thing after all.  I'm sure Jim Bob will have to furnish them a house at the very least since I believe the house they live in now belongs to the program Derick is in. 

• Upvote 5

I went to the FJ Pickles thread. Apparently Derdick Dillard will be going to University of Arkansas Law School. Oy. There was some speculation on the Dillard thread about that months ago. He followed a bunch of law schools and there was some vague tweet of instagram comment Congratulating him or something.

Ugh, now I have to go back and try and keep up with a conversation I haven’t been paying attention to to question what the fuck he was doing with fake missionary school. That was a waste of money. I can’t see him passing the bar though....where do they get this money to throw around? Loans are bad. Will he be working? You can’t just have no one working while someone in the family goes to law school. Unless Jill works. I hope Joshley cries himself to sleep that his BIL is going to law school and he never had a chance at it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I had no idea logging out of FJ was a thing.

And ugh do I have to start paying attention to the Dillards again and wonder what the heck the farting about fake missionary school was about? Can he take loans if he promised JB he wouldn’t? Will he graduate law school? Will he pass the bar? Will he get a job if he graduates or suddenly announce he’s going to medical school? Where do they get all this money? Do they poop gold?

Ain’t nobody got time to keep up with these assholes when I’m wondering what other Jill (of RV fame) will do next to shock and horrify is all.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Just now, adidas said:

Does this mean that one day Derrick might get a job? Not sure who would hire him ...

what about that DC group that hired Josh? think they would take another stab at a Duggar.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

are you talking about when she mentioned the cousin's for Izzy and Sam because I believe she was talking about Dan and Deena's little one arriving in the fall. 

I honestly can’t remember - I just know she said something about grand babies and the number was wrong. I forgot about it until earlier today. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I had no idea logging out of FJ was a thing.

And ugh do I have to start paying attention to the Dillards again and wonder what the heck the farting about fake missionary school was about? Can he take loans if he promised JB he wouldn’t? Will he graduate law school? Will he pass the bar? Will he get a job if he graduates or suddenly announce he’s going to medical school? Where do they get all this money? Do they poop gold?

Ain’t nobody got time to keep up with these assholes when I’m wondering what other Jill (of RV fame) will do next to shock and horrify is all.

I log out when I need to take a break so I'm not tempted by it LOL. as for loans. doesn't Jinger and Jeremy have a mortgage. I'm sue JB told Jeremy not to take out loans I mean after the wedding is over what JB says really doesn't matter anymore if they follow their own rules of the husband being the head. 

• Upvote 3

I think you're right about the housing @Ivycoveredtower I still can't see how all the expenses would be covered. Technically he could work while going to school but why work when you could have a "go to me fund" ;) or maybe he's been able to con some local folks into sponsoring him with the idea of Derick one day taking over a practice. 

I have no doubt if he does get through he won't be an average attorney, he'll most likely be a persecuted Christian attorney or something. His employment will continue to remain just as mysterious as his missionary activities and the job with Cross Church.

Edited by Suz8710
  • Upvote 5

JimSlob is going to shit a brick. Derfuck will have to take out a loan because there is no way he has that kind of money. Speaking of money, who is going to support his little quivers? Jill has no marketable skill  Yes I’m sure she could learn, but that would mean she was the one to support the family. 

I don’t think DerAsshat’s classmates are going to like Jill showing up in classes or study sessions because she can’t be alone. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Can he really not afford $16,000 a year? I would have thought that would be easy for a Duggar, but then there was that whole thing about "volunteering."

• Upvote 5

I'm quite sure that Derick will get knocked down a peg or three in law school, which he richly deserves.  

I do wonder if getting a second degree means it's more likely his own kids will go to school rather than be homeschooled by Jill, which would be a good thing.

I also wonder if it will get some of the other Duggars and in-laws thinking about further education for themselves, which would also be a good thing.  

Edited by Tiny Bubbles
Clarity
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I don’t think DerAsshat’s classmates are going to like Jill showing up in classes or study sessions because she can’t be alone. 

Good point. She’ll show up with the kids every day for lunch. Then she’ll hear Derdick is in a study group with WOMEN and she’ll crash. She’ll sit in the library or wherever with them and cling to his arm as the kids run around.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Can he really not afford $16,000 a year? I would have thought that would be easy for a Duggar, but then there was that whole thing about "volunteering."

a duggar still on the show maybe but i bet what ever money Jill may have saved is probably gone by now what with all their missions and their travels. then add to it their hospital bills from two emergency births which according to Derick they are still paying off.  I think Jim Bob may help a little because like I said it's Jill but if he is in control of the money, like some speculate why would he give much to Derjill since they aren't making him any and only bringing head aches. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Accounting- quit that?

Missionary in Central America- quit that?

Spanish Classes- ??

Mission Program-???

Counting On- Quit that?

Law School- 

What's next?

Get a job and support your family...damn malcontent

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

I am loving, loving, loving that a guy who didn't realize he could get paid for his participation in a reality show thinks that he's going to get through law school. 

I'm calling it now, homeboy is going to drop out at some point. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 6

8 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

I'm quite sure that Derick will get knocked down a peg or three in law school, which he richly deserves.  

While I wish this were true, I'm not at all convinced. Think about the countless lawyers, DC/state lobbyists & politicians who graduate from law school that are conservative and still religious AF. Plus at a more conservative school/region to boot.

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic