IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Didn't "Alice" essentially say it was a Holt though? Or at least heavily hint at it leaving little doubt about which family they were talking about?

"Alice" never said anything about that. It's from a different comment from "concernedmom" who clearly was at least partially right about the molestation stuff but was hearing it all secondhand. Personally I think there's probably some truth in it but that it didn't happen exactly as she says. 14-year-olds being formally betrothed isn't normal in their culture, but maybe it was kind of a "they seem like a good match, maybe they can court in a few years" kind of thing?

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Wow. I’m a very new poster but have been reading here for a few years now. Just read through that thread... It was interesting to see the Josh speculation before it came out as fact, but I was also shocked by a pre-scandal Ruth cameo!

ETA: I should say other Ruth personas

Edited by PigtailHeadband
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for that, @Rachel333 For some reason I had lumped concernedmom and Alice together as one person with one post. I forgot it was actually two separate occasions. 

I feel like such a sweet summer child when I look at those pre-scandal threads. I believed the molesting part but was like "No way was it his own sisters."

• Upvote 4

Pickles post about Jinger's diary from a few hours ago...slippery slope dearest Pickles. :nuts:

Edited by Sky with diamonds
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Pickles post about Jinger's diary from a few hours ago...slippery slope dearest Pickles. :nuts:

That story makes it sound like she alone is responsible for the diary being taken down off of eBay and returned to the Duggars.  I seriously think she (Pickles) is losing the plot.  And wondering if maybe she is "Mandy".

Having said that - Mandy should have been charged with something, stealing the diary and then trying to sell it on eBay is a horrible thing to do.  And stupid.

Edited by SamiKatz
  • Upvote 4

I vaguely remember  that diary thing. Didn't she get all holier than thou saying that "I read it but I'm not going to share it here" or something of the sort?

• Upvote 1

That story is entirely self-serving. She didn’t reveal any ‘secrets’ and painted herself as a Duggar insider.  Her leghumpers are almost as bad as the Duggar Huggars.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 8/21/2018 at 3:08 PM, SongRed7 said:

You are in good company. I once PM messaged her about her allowing people to make fun of private citizens.  She had posted some candid pictures of the Duggars at some public event and people were being truly vicious and mean about the appearance of some  people who just happened to be in the pictures/background.   Really uncalled for. I get the Duggars are public figures (and even the ridicule and ridiculousness of some of her fangirls is WAY over the top...no intelligent conversation there!) but these were totally random people and I felt it was over the line.    I respectfully pointed this out and she blocked me. oh Well. 

I agree.   He may be foolish, but it doesn't mean he's educationally  stupid. I think he knows how to study. and in fact, is not unlike some other professional students I've known over the years (minus the religious beliefs).

I PMd her a while ago just asking if she was going to do a recap soon because I enjoyed her writing and she blocked me from being able to comment or like anything on her page. What??? That was my disillusionment. 

• WTF 2
  • Haha 1

That story is entirely self-serving. She didn’t reveal any ‘secrets’ and painted herself as a Duggar insider.  Her leghumpers are almost as bad as the Duggar Huggars.

I echo that she is making it seem like she was the one that led to the diary take down from eBay. She is just so I don’t know the word even. Finger nails on a chalkboard? Just so smug. All the pickle lickers are unbelievable.
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I vaguely remember  that diary thing. Didn't she get all holier than thou saying that "I read it but I'm not going to share it here" or something of the sort?

she is ridiculous! I get we all like to snark on the Duggars et. al.  but she really needs to get a life.  

• Upvote 6

On 8/31/2018 at 4:13 AM, Sky with diamonds said:

And apparently she plagiarized parts of it. Someone on reddit who followed the initial story said Pickles was never involved, and took a lot of her accounts from DWOP http://duggarswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2011/06/free-discussion-july-2011.html

And I'm inclined to believe reddit because that is definitely a Pickles thing to do.

Edited by HarleyQuinn
syntax
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

And apparently she plagiarized parts of it. Someone on reddit who followed the initial story said Pickles was never involved, and took a lot of her accounts from DWOP http://duggarswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2011/06/free-discussion-july-2011.html

And I'm inclined to believe reddit because that is definitely a Pickles thing to do.

Yikes! 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

What the f**k is Pickles trying to do by spreading that? 

She is on some shaky ground here.  Frankly, I have a hard time believing a presumably teenage person (‘Sam’) would have so many details on events when they likely weren’t personally witnessed?  How would he or she know Jill and Jessa were abused the most?  How could they be sure the Duggars were hiding other incidents?  Even in Fundieland I don’t believe there was this much airing of family issues...unless ‘Sam’ was an adult male at the time and closer to the abuse than he’s letting on.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

She is on some shaky ground here.  Frankly, I have a hard time believing a presumably teenage person (‘Sam’) would have so many details on events when they likely weren’t personally witnessed?  How would he or she know Jill and Jessa were abused the most?  How could they be sure the Duggars were hiding other incidents?  Even in Fundieland I don’t believe there was this much airing of family issues...unless ‘Sam’ was an adult male at the time and closer to the abuse than he’s letting on.

I absolutely agree with you. Again, Pickles is going down a slippery slope. I'm horrified she posted this. She must want more hits to her FB page and group.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

She posted about needing to speak with a lawyer a few weeks ago, before she revealed anything more. So I think either there's truth to it, or she'd be facing a libel lawsuit. Or she's presenting herself like the National Enquirer as a gossip site and there's limited liability or something. Either way she handled it SO badly. Talk about not thinking she could sink any lower and her proving us all wrong.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I never thought Pickles would actually name an alleged victim.

If she's even mentioning truth. A lot of that post seems to be...interesting. Sort of Ruth-like from that saga.

Edited by meowfundiecatz
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Just came to this thread after seeing the Pickles post on FB.  Wow, she really gave a lot of detail.  Like the rest of you I'm kind of dubious, but will be curious to see where this goes (do the gossip magazines pick it up, or will they decide it's too much crazy to deal with?)

• Upvote 4

I'm gonna PSA real quick: 

Reminder: we do NOT name victims of sexual assault that have not come forward themselves. The identity of the fifth victim or any others DOES NOT get posted on FJ.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

She named a victim,  who was not a sister. Sick.

Yeah that made me really uncomfortable. Also alluding to another victim as well, which is pretty shitty to do. Regardless of the truth in it, outing a victim is a shitty thing to do

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I can’t believe she named the victim.

Also, I think it’s paragraph 2, she said “she” when referring to her source but then edited it. You can see all of her edited versions.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Pickles must be thirsty AF for attention. I haven't looked at her page since she was encouraging her readers to harrass Jazz.

It's shitty as hell to name a victim like that. Also quite sexist, if I'm honest. She protects the boy Jana was supposedly getting to know but not the assault victim? I hope the rags don't pick this up from her, she doesn't need more of an ego boost.

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic