IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

48 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Here is a post in the last thread that sums up the issues with Pickles pretty well. The rest of the thread gives additional info as well. In short, she was a poster here, was dramatic, broke the rules, had a sock account (allegedly, as she denied it), got banned, and has hated FJ ever since.

Thanks! I just read a chunk of the thread. I had no idea she is a former member of FJ. 

• Upvote 3

Here's the "Josie in danger!" thread Pickles (Digger) started:

(I guess since she's banned, she only shows up as "Guest"? And, omg, the level of pure drama...)

And her 1st post ever on FJ was something along the lines of, "Hi, I'm Digger and I'm a Duggar addict. Is this my support group?" :pb_lol:

• Upvote 9

On 7/27/2017 at 5:16 AM, Mayluka said:

Here is a post in the last thread that sums up the issues with Pickles pretty well. The rest of the thread gives additional info as well. In short, she was a poster here, was dramatic, broke the rules, had a sock account (allegedly, as she denied it), got banned, and has hated FJ ever since.

Oh my. I only got a couple of pages in before I had to stop reading. She really is a piece of work. Explains why her Facebook page has become a den of vitriol – she's incredibly opinionated and won't stand for any opinion but her own.

• Upvote 8

The thing with her is that she is relatively quick with news. 

To me she seems really immature - is she still in highschool/puberty? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rosastrohhut said:

The thing with her is that she is relatively quick with news. 

To me she seems really immature - is she still in highschool/puberty? 

If I recall correctly she's in her late 40's early 50's.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

I have since deactivated my FB account, but when I was on it I followed her. I thought her over the top and histrionic but all in all harmless.  I found out about FJ from her page as she would often hate on people here. 

Edited by onekidanddone
same bad typing; different day.
  • Upvote 3

That charity wish list thing she posted from Kendra and Joe had tons of school supplies and books on it. I remember awhile back seeing that she was a teacher or something? Am I wrong? I mean I doubt the Duggars would want the body book from American Girl, or a book about women in science. Seems fishy.

Edited by blessedaretheagnostics
adding more thoughts!
  • Upvote 7

@onekidanddone I found her post where she devalued someone's struggle with infertility because she had "only been trying for 17 months" pretty harmful. Any comment that tried to educate pickles and her followers about the true definition of infertility and what the struggle is really like were deleted because they were "distracting people from the point of her post". It was at that point I was blocked from ever making comments on her page. I refuse to give her page any of my traffic now. 

• Upvote 18

Pickles literally accused Joy of having sex with Austin infront of everyone when Joy was literally sitting on his lap. If that's sex then I've been doing it all wrong :pb_lol:

ps. When did pickles get so sanctimonious? 

• Upvote 26

I saw the posting with th Joy on Austin photo. Pickles was rather prudish about it. I saw nothing odd about a young couple caught wrapped in each other. Pickles took it as more Duggar hypocrisy but that was a bit over the top. The circumstance looks more like a typical couple photographed at the start of a make out session. The photographer should take a step back and let honeymooners be honeymooners. And Pickles needs a chill pill.

• Upvote 7

On 7/16/2017 at 11:40 PM, calimojo said:

Let Pickles do Pickles and FJ do FJ.  There is room enough for both, and obviously opinions enough for both

Amen, can I get a hallelujah?!

Other sites exist, have fans/followers.  FJ is separate and distinct.

It is entirely possible to be on the ginormous web and find an outlet for news/gossip/snark that works for you and not have to bash another.

Just sayin'....

• Upvote 8

Meh, if anything, Pickles snark is more warranted then any other random family/person not on TV we may find and talk about.  She exists to snark on the Duggars and she's ridiculous, more and more so as time goes on.  She's a character in the whole Duggar thing.  Plenty of room for her.  Very different than here.  

• Upvote 2

She rubs me the wrong way and if it wasn't for FJ, I probably wouldn't be in this fundie "secret" (at least on my part) fandom. Her last post was fishing for "Sam isn't completely normal" comments because she speculated his head appeared small for his size. Now, there's Zika comments and even some women implying he has some Autistic  stare.....yes, a three week old baby. It's pretty disgusting and I'm noticing  a lot of so-called Duggar snarkers are being  bullies. There are several instagrams dedicated to snarking on the Duggars. There's a fine line between snark and bullying and many of these Instagrams cross this line. These pages aren't talking about the dangers of fundamentalism, JB&M unhealthy parenting, courtship culture being toxic, etc. Instead, they rant about physical looks like Jill's gums or call out Jessa for being a bitch because she is pretty. I have a feeling most of these Instagrams are made by teenagers based on the commentary and attitudes of the pages, but it is really disappointing when I check Pickles and see middle age women acting like school yard bullies. 

We need to remember that even though what the Duggars represent is toxic as hell, the members of the family are still people. They are not completely good nor bad (except Duggar who shall not be named). I know their lives' are open books and they can tell TLC to shove it and live w/o being z list reality stars but they honestly do not know how to survive w/o the cushion of the tv show. Do you think the oldest Duggar kids want to go back to pre- TLC life? I know I wouldn't. I'm not saying not to criticize the fucked up things they do (The molestation scandal, showing GPA Duggar on his death bed, Mission-cations, Jessa comparing abortion to the Holocaust, THERE'S A LOT OF MATERIAL), I'm just noticing a lot of pettiness snark. I haven't looked in the Dillards thread in a couple of days and Pickle's page sent me over the "bullying disguised as snark" edge. 

• Upvote 20

I saw that too @Eatingintheprayercloset.  Some of her followers are becoming bullies.  Someone called them out on making fun of a newborns looks and they all but attacked her for it. I like her page for the pics but she doesn't seem to care for anyone having a different opinion than hers.  She's also started letting things go that she said she wouldn't 

• Upvote 3

Ah yes, Prickles.  I was banned long ago - too bad, so sad, woe is me.  She (or someone) posted the member list of the FB Duggar snark group that was set up after Television without Pity was taken down (remember Howard the overzealous moderator?).  We had a closed group and what she did violated terms of service.  We demanded she remove those posts and she was very testy about it.  She was still smarting over people calling her out for attempting to set up a fund to help her continue to run the page.

I see she has continued to keep a swelled head.  Frankly, I am surprised she still has a page, seeing how easily she bans and blocks people.
She is beyond nasty.

Edited by Bajovane
whoa is not the same as woe...
  • Upvote 7

Hadn't been on the Pickles page for a long time. Her comment about Samuel's  head was definitely out of line. Wolf girl had a pretty deformed head after getting stuck in the birth canal and being rescued by C Section. Wolf boy had a nice head after planned c section. My niece was born sunny side up and had a cone head. Not all babies are  born pretty. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

I came over to FJ after being blocked by Pickles (I needed my Duggar fix!).

At first, I loved her page because she seemed reasonable and always seemed to have inside knowledge rather quickly, which I now realize people speculate she gets from here. I then started to notice that she was posting things that were a bit outrageous and that I didn't agree with, but that's okay because we can't all agree on everything. 

Then, around the time of Josh's second wave of scandals and the Danica Dillon assault accusation, she started posting about how she didn't believe her and how if you're going to sell yourself for money, you should expect to be assaulted. Obviously no one knows what happened and maybe it was a lie, but it really rubbed me the wrong way that she outright said that she was asking for it, as if it's ever okay to assault someone for ANY reason. Not just that it was more likely to happen statistically or anything, but that's what a stripper/prostitute should EXPECT. I told her and one of her followers that that is victim blaming and after a few completely rational comments, I was banned for being "overly disruptive" or something along those lines. AKA I didn't agree with Pickles and wasn't afraid to say it. 

I was bothered at first, but I continued to lurk and started to see she was falling off the deep end with her ridiculous comments, recently with her accusation about how one of her followers wasn't a Christian because she owned a gun and then Joy sitting on Austins lap and claiming it was obscene, among other things. She used to stop anyone who would make unfounded accusations.... and then became the biggest perpetrator!

Essentially, she did me a favor because I found a much more interesting forum that isn't run by someone with a god complex xD

• Upvote 16

I don't ever recall her saying that if you sell yourself for money you should expect to be assaulted.  (although, I imagine that sex workers are at high risk of assault on the job, that in no way means that they are more deserving of mistreatment than anyone else).  She may have been skeptical of Danica Dillon for other reasons, and if I recall,  I think that turned out to be right.  Dillon did exaggerate if not outright lie per her own admission. 

Some of Pickles regular posters can go too far and many like to brag about posting something confrontational on one of the Duggar sites or pages, which I find dumb since it isn't too courageous to be brave anonymously over the internet. 

But again, for those who come here and complain about her, I just have to ask, why are you going to her FB page if you dislike her or find her a bully?  Is your need for Duggar information so insatiable you are compelled to visit pages and websites you hate just to be sure you haven't missed the latest Duggar news? 

I go to her site primarily because she gives quick updates and I don't have to wade through pages and pages of off topic content.  I don't mind the thread drift when I have plenty of time to read it, but I work 2 very demanding jobs so my when it comes to my 'entertainment' I often just want something quick and easy.  When I have more time and want to discuss an aspect of the fundie culture or cult, I come here.  I never post on Pickle's page ever as I have a friend who tangentially knows the Duggars and I don't want her to see my comments as it would be awkward. 

Edited by calimojo
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

21 minutes ago, calimojo said:

But again, for those who come here and complain about her, I just have to ask, why are you going to her FB page if you dislike her or find her a bully? 

But again, if you repeatedly object to those on FJ who come here to complain about Pickles, I just have to ask - why do you need to post the same thing again and again on this thread? 

FJ has a thread criticizing Pickles.  Pickles has trashed FJ openly and repeatedly.  Deal with it.

23 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Is your need for Duggar information so insatiable you are compelled to visit pages and websites you hate just to be sure you haven't missed the latest Duggar news? 

Is your need to tell people off so insatiable that you need to berate FJ posters who read Pickles and who also complain about her oddities here?   And she is odd.

27 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I go to her site primarily because she gives quick updates and I don't have to wade through pages and pages of off topic content. 

Eh, I've been known to go to PTV for that.  The mods there clamp down on thread drift and they keep up to date.  

28 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I never post on Pickle's page ever as I have a friend who tangentially knows the Duggars and I don't want her to see my comments as it would be awkward. 

A "friend" you can't be honest with about your take on the Duggars?   Here or on Pickles? 

That is not "awkward."  It is not friendship.  It is dishonesty or blatant hypocrisy.  Take your pick.

You are coming over as very sanctimonious, and two-faced  @calimojo.  

Time to give this particular thread a break, perhaps.

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1

@Palimpsest. What is PTV?  I clicked on it and it said Public Transport Victoria.   So, can't be what your talking about!

• Upvote 4

@Palimpsest

You came out with guns loaded on that response Palimpsest.  Which is fine, as I stand by my post.  However, before you call me sanctimonious, perhaps read over the last part of your post to me, particularly the part about being a hypocrite, and two-faced. 

First off, I don't post of Pickles. The reason I don't post on there isn't that I don't want my friend to know my opinion, but because of a tangential friend/relative my friend has who is militant about issues that the duggars also support.  I do not have any intention of leaving a trail behind where this particular person could follow.   

Thread drift isn't inherently a bad thing.  I join in at times and it is a good way to pass the time while we wait for other news, or just share and bond.  However,  sometimes I don't have time for it, and in those cases, Pickles works for a fly by.  I literally check out the page for probably less than 2 minutes. 

If I were to be repeatedly offended by it, I would stop visiting because I have enough other sources of frustration in my life that I don't need to inflict one more on myself, particularly for silly little snarky facebook page.

The strength of your reaction to me is puzzling. It was rude.  But you know what?  Tomorrow is another day.  I take my hits when they come and you can feel like you have done your due diligence by slapping the wrist of a long time poster who in general is supportive and friendly on this site.  You can look at the + comments  for most of my posts to see that I am not antagonistic by nature, though I am generally pretty straight forward. 

Edited by calimojo
clarity and grammar
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

On 8/2/2017 at 7:52 AM, Bajovane said:

Ah yes, Prickles.  I was banned long ago - too bad, so sad, woe is me.  She (or someone) posted the member list of the FB Duggar snark group that was set up after Television without Pity was taken down (remember Howard the overzealous moderator?).  We had a closed group and what she did violated terms of service.  We demanded she remove those posts and she was very testy about it.  She was still smarting over people calling her out for attempting to set up a fund to help her continue to run the page.

I see she has continued to keep a swelled head.  Frankly, I am surprised she still has a page, seeing how easily she bans and blocks people.
She is beyond nasty.

@Bajovane Remember when I copied her request for money into the private group thinking it was safe not to be revealed? That same mole outed me, I was banned, and she promptly took down her attempted cash grab (it's expensive to run a FB group, y'all!)! Needless to say, I found such a request ludicrous, and took it to a place I thought was private to snark on Pickles. After the incident, the group found the mole, had a giant purge, and went secret. No problems with tattle tales since. 

(yes, you know who I am. I didn't know you had an account here!) :D

I go so far back with Pickles that I remember when she used to post using her real name. Pickles just organically evolved over time, and she claimed she was getting cyber threats of violence, so she shut down her personal account, and Pickles the persona was officially born. 

• Upvote 8

i don't understand the business of social media. So does pickles make money from her site?  Does it actually cost her money to run the site? 

What about FJ?  I know we join for free but is the website actually owned by someone, and is it a form of income, or just a hobby?  I honestly never gave it much thought.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic