IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I am both the emotionally needy sibling and the stoic sibling. Being an only child is exhausting, y'all. :ENVOUTER:

preaching to the choir sister ! 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It also sounds like something someone would jokingly call their vagina. 

A coochi named choo-chi. A story book for grown ups?

8 hours ago, bananabread said:

I remember someone on FJ commenting at some point that they had met Smuggar in person and found him to be unexpectedly charismatic/likeable/appealing. That's always the vibe I've gotten from him as well. No matter how many awful things he does, I can't help but WANT to like the guy. He has that charismatic personality trait (to some people, at least), and I think that is one (of many) reasons why he was able to worm his way back into Anna's/the family's/other fundies' good graces so quickly.

I took a class on family crises in college, and I'm remembering that my professor told us that charismatic people can be monsters. And that people are totally shocked by what they have the capability of doing. I'm not saying Joshley has done other awful things we don't know about, but that charisma can mask evil.

7 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Oh no, i'm spreading the problem to the feline world!  We currently refer to our male toddler felines both as "little man" and currently have a female foster kitten we are referring to as "baby girl". 

I'll give myself a pass considering our little men are two and two and a half, and foster kitty is probably 6-7 weeks. 

Also I realize we may be weird for treating our felines as our biological children....I'll go back to my kitty corner right meow #catpuns :wink-kitty:

Kitty?? I demand pictures!!! Also treating your cat like a human is normal. That's what my family does...sometimes I distinguish that I have human brothers, a cat brother, and a cat sister.

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Gasp! RUFUS BLASPHEMER! 

Had to bring this in . All Hail Dr. House, Patron Saint of Snark

I miss House. But mainly when he has clinic duty and has to deal with morons.:pb_lol: I was very disappointed when my mom said she never says stuff like House when talking to her patients. Though she does have a colleague who flat out called a patient fat, instead of gently approaching the subject of weight loss...

4 hours ago, adidas said:

I noticed that too. So lovely that she sees children as nameless cattle, being bred for profit. 

I'm surprised she didn't do a number theme instead of giving her kids names. But knowing the Duggars they'd name their kids Hebrew numbers because they love appropriating Jewish culture.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

... I swear I can count... :pb_lol:

We believe you. :) That came out more snarky than I meant it, I swear. But I don't blame you, I've always had difficulty with numbers. You get extra leniency if velocibaby isn't sleeping through the night yet. Heck, even if she is...I'm remembering when I babysat my little cousin and needed a nap when she took a nap. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe he has a zika complication and they're working on a PR angle?

If there is I will throw an absolute hissy fit. Samuel is an innocent baby, and all babies deserve parents who do what's best for them. Not take stupid unnecessary risks especially when they have zero qualifications. It's just pure selfishness.

Just watched 3 congrats videos on YouTube.  

J'Girl's  Video - Lost Girl Jordan (I think it was Jordan)  & Miracle Child Josie  were very cute. Very scripted but  adorable. Nice to see   what seemed like an authentic smile from the Little Lost J'Girl at the end of the video. 

Smugs & Anna's - Definitely think Smugs will get more air time, at  first on the Duggar You tube channel & Duggar social media. If there is not a major outcry TLC will slowly add him back into the Counting on mix.   I am sure Anna's herd comment was in jest, but even in jest it is very telling.  Why can't they let those Little Girls were shorts ?    :angry-cussingblack:  How the fuck do you have modesty standards for little children ?   Unfortunately I feel Anna's really going to fuck up her daughter's lives.  

Grandma & Grandpa Duggar's video -   If any Duggar spies read FJ, please pass this on ...  "Michelle, can I call you Grandma Duggar, CUT YOUR FREAK'IN HAIR.   Are you trying to imitate  Samuel from the Old Testament in honor of Grandson Samuel  ?  Is something bad going to happen if you  trim the dead/split ends off your hair ?   Your hair is a rat's nest !  This winter,  I stored my roadster and mice built a nest inside the vents, it was gross .  This spring when I cleaned it out the nest looked better than your hair ! " 

8 going on 200. Really ?  How are you going to support 200 Grandkids ?  How are you going to know them as individuals ?   Cheers for  Jana & JD, stay single as long as possible !    Yeah  older J'boys, stay single !   Somebody needs to tell Joe how to NFP and all about condoms.  Maybe the Babe & Jinge will offer them some advice on QT !      

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It's so unfortunate that the already born kids are not a bigger priority over creating the next.

Hello Conservative GOP agenda in a nutshell. 

46 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

On the other hand, a lot of people really just can't help being criers and I hate it when people who don't cry easily assume that criers are being manipulative with their tears. It seems like some people don't understand that people who cry easily aren't doing it on purpose.

Thank you!! I absolutely loathe the fact that I cry at the drop of a hat. It's humiliating and annoying and I'd love it if I didn't have to deal with it. I wish more people realized that I don't do it on purpose and would love to not be this way

2 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

It's certainly possible that many people find him charismatic, but I have met him in person and just found him kind of obnoxious. I never got the impression that he was particularly well-liked among his peers either.

I've never seen any footage of Josh having friends. I think the Bontragers or the Bates visited and they did handshakes, but I never saw him forge more than an acquaintanceship, and even then, those were arranged for him. I've never seen any pictures or reports of him out with friends.

Who did he go to the strip club with? Who were Josh's groomsmen? Has Josh ever connected with another human being on more than a superficial level? 

We've seen the Duggar girls have friends, Ben's friends, Jeremy friends, and Austin's friends. Nothing from Josh. In all fairness, I can't recall any friends of any the Duggar boys, but they seem to have friendships with each other in ways that Josh never did. 

I don't recall seeing any of Derick's friends, but in his defense, as a runner, mascot, and "missionary," he clearly prefers working independently. I don't see him as the type of guy who runs with a pack, but he isn't anti-social either. He probably likes to have a few close relationships, (wife, brother), and is not really into having acquaintances. Derick seemed to enjoy his play date with Austin and Ben at the trampoline park, and although it was arranged, it wasn't forced. 

I can't picture Josh in any type of natural team or group setting that wasn't arranged for him because he's a Duggar. Has he ever actually made a friend on his own? Or is he just merely tolerated by acquaintances?

Just now, Million Children For Jesus said:

Who were Josh's groomsmen? 

That is a great Q.  I am guessing his brothers?

I am sure someone more adept than I will find some footage of their wedding.

8 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

Thank you!! I absolutely loathe the fact that I cry at the drop of a hat. It's humiliating and annoying and I'd love it if I didn't have to deal with it. I wish more people realized that I don't do it on purpose and would love to not be this way

I can be that way too. I feel sort of bad because I totally am the emotionally needy sibling (been battling depression since I was 14, then grad school gave me a good dose of anxiety). But I've been able to be the supportive sibling when my brothers have needed it.

Talking about Boob and MEchelle is making me ragey. I agree with whoever said that Megan Kelly interview never should have happened. Talking about the Duggar "parents" is reminding me of part of the reason I don't watch Counting On (other than that it's boring and I can never remember when it's on and am too lazy to find it on the TLC website) - I FUCKING HATE THEM FOR WHAT THEY DID TO THEIR KIDS. All around parenting fail. Creating a breeding ground for Josh to become a predator, refusing to get him help, and refusing to get their daughters help and protect them. Adults who discover that a child has been sexually assaulted and then proceed not to give a fuck should be in jail (Looking at you, Ms. R. Worst health teacher ever).

In an old episode, Jackson ran in and said that one of the little ones had been run down by "a herd of Duggars". Maybe that is an expression they use.

25 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

In an old episode, Jackson ran in and said that one of the little ones had been run down by "a herd of Duggars". Maybe that is an expression they use.

I'm having images of a small child being rundown by a herd of Duggars the same way Mufasa was run down in the Lion King.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I'm not an outwardly emotional person and I have had people assume that I am less feeling because of it. It's frustrating because I still feel things even if I don't show it.

On the other hand, a lot of people really just can't help being criers and I hate it when people who don't cry easily assume that criers are being manipulative with their tears. It seems like some people don't understand that people who cry easily aren't doing it on purpose.

I guess it goes both ways, where people on both sides of the emotional spectrum can judge others because they assume everyone else processes things the way they do.

I can identify with so much of this. I cry very easily, but I also refuse to give anyone the satisfaction of knowing they upset me enough to cry, so I have learned to hold it in.  I will have a breakdown in private, but in public or in front the person who has upset me, I won't show any emotion. I have had many a bruise from pinching myself so hard to stop/prevent myself from crying.  But I feel all of it; not showing my emotions doesn't mean I'm not dying inside. It's just that my sensitivity and previous public emotional lability were often exploited and taken advantage of.  Or it was that my emotional reaction and obvious signs of distress  were the desired outcome for some people in my life. So I became more guarded, less willing to show my true feelings to the world. But I'm still the same easy crier and I still feel all of the same emotions.  

I guess the "8 going on 200" comment means they won't accept a Dr's advice if s/he has told Jill to limit her number of pregnancies. 

2 hours ago, Berta McGee said:

A coochi named choo-chi. A story book for grown ups?

I just keep thinking of Work It by Missy Elliott.

"Call before you come, I need to shave my cho-cha."

All I can think about watching Smuggar's video is how he's saying this to his little sister he assaulted. :my_angry:

I can understand both sides of the emotional stoicism and easy-crier dichotomy because I can be both in different situations. I find that if I get really worked up and mad, that's when I cry - in past relationships (currently single)!it would make me so mad because we would have an argument, and I'd get so upset and frustrated (not just because of the topic of argument but also because I am by nature VERY non confrontational) and it would just come out as tears. And I couldn't stop it, and I wanted to be able to just talk without having that "choked up" feeling. I always felt like I had to stop and sidetrack to explain I wasn't crying to be manipulative, it was literally an involuntary reaction,

Besides that though, I usually have no trouble at all keeping all my emotions reined in. It only unravels in emotionally heightened situations with people I feel very close to, and I tend to not let many people very close. When my 8 year relationship ended 2 years ago and I was facing having to move out and live on my own for the first time, and the financial hurdles that come with it, I didn't tell all my coworkers right away. When I did, someone commented they would have never had any clue what was going on in my personal life by how I was behaving at work. Sometimes I have no problem checking the personal baggage at the door and essentially compartmentalizing.

On another topic, regarding the nightie and tee shirt look - that styling (white plain tee and silk-satin camisole) is a definite look/trend I've seen recently, at more than one retailer's online store. For sure Dynamite (Canadian women's fashion store) and possibly H&M too. I think it's one of the sort of "90's style revival" things we are seeing lots of these days.

@SapphireSlytherin I'm an only too...however I've been accused of being Vulcan. I show almost NO emotion at any time. I got that all beat out of me literally and figuratively growing up. There's pretty much nothing I'm passionate about, I have no real hobbies...I just sorta exist. Thanks to the incredibly needy mother who had to be front and center at all times, especially at any event that was supposedly for me. And, I'm too fucking old to develop any of that shit now. 

OH and my cats, Luke & Leia are referred to as "baby boy", "baby girl", "dumb butt", "sweet baby" along with "no, get down", "quit fighting", and "garbage can". They're more than a wee bit spoiled...

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I'm having images of a small child being rundown by a herd of Duggars the same way Mufasa was run down in the Lion King.

It's the ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..................

49 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I just keep thinking of Work It by Missy Elliott.

"Call before you come, I need to shave my cho-cha."

That's exactly the first thing that came to my mind too! 

So I'm one of those people who has to be in an extreme situation to elicit crying. I attribute this to riding coaches I had that discouraged this sort of display of emotion when we fell or hurt ourselves. Anywhoo, it frustrates me, because people assume that an event hasn't affected me because I'm not demonstrating emotion. I just want to scream, "I'm still processing this, jackass, and it has affected me profoundly!!!11!!"

The thought of 200 Duggars running around genuinely terrifies me :jawdrop:

I'm a last straw type of crier. Caused many issues with my mother growing up, and still somewhat to this day -"you're crying over THIS?" and other things were said way too often when she knew I was going through a lot of shit.  I also can get upset when having to confront someone in person. Everything always relates back to the show Friends for me, and I'm definitely a Rachel. In one episode she had to confront her boss and warned her "I may cry but they are not tears of angry or sadness, but just out of me having this discussion with you."  Totally been there.

On a much lighter note - I have two male cats, the good one is Luke, which turned into Lukey Lou, and sometimes Sir Luke because he has excellent manners. The not so good one was named Bandit at the shelter, which I revert back to when he's doing something bad/annoying. Renamed him Alex and loved Family Ties/Michael J Fox when I was little, so his name has turned into Alex P. Kitten off of MJF's character Alex P. Keaton. The P inital has turned into Pain in the Butt. He's lucky he's cute. :my_smile:

51 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

He's lucky he's cute. :my_smile:

Yup...that's my two! They get reminded regularly that it's a good thing they're cute. 

I'm that "sensitive, but very private sibling who comes off as cold and distant, but also is everyone's unpaid therapist".

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived