IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Instead, they were both needing comfort and stuck in their own needs, neither one able to reach out to the other without harming themselves.  

agreed!  That whole interview never should've happened.  

I can totally see what you meant about your sibling and yourself.  You explained that really well and I can understand that dynamic better now. TY. : )

So, I'm way more Jessa.  Then, life happened and I turned Jill quickly.  So weird!  It's uncomfortable for me.  But, time balances things out and my Jill comes in handy.  Not that I was an unemotional bitch at all, I just learned to be more vulnerable. 

And, F their parents and that interview.  Nothing good came of that!

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, adidas said:

I noticed that too. So lovely that she sees children as nameless cattle, being bred for profit. 

I'm sue it was said in Jest. When all the lost girls  and younger cousins are gambolling around the TTH it must feel like a herd a children. Any one who has attended a birthday party for a 5 year old + 20 other children in a huge sports hall  will know the feeling!!!

11 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Thankyou coconut flan for snipping once again. I will learn eventually. :wine:for you.

I have the advantage of not doing it on mobile.  :GPn0zNK:

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think we need an extra arrow. Maybe a pitchfork, so we  could down vote the post, but not the person. Not sure of I'm making myself clear. I would like to express my nausea at Josh's video without down voting the poster.

Also, it irritates me that the boys can wear shorts, but Macky has to be in a dress and leggings.

Am I a totally bad person that I spotted that too and my reaction was 'poor kid must be hot, but she's safer from 'daddy' that way'. - I know sibling abuse does not necessarily lead to that etc, but it was my reaction and I'll own it - I worry for those kids.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd just like to say that I have never been prouder to call myself a member of FJ.

joshdownvotes.png.23f9bb07f8ea53b1c6c795df54944305.png

7 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Sadly the vast majority of comments on the video are positive and it has more likes than dislikes. :(

This is the trouble with the practice of routinely removing anything vaguely negative or critical - it speaks volumes too. ;)

Perhaps it was watching Counting On last night and trying to follow the drama on Teen Mom OG at the same time, but last night I had the creepiest dream in which JillyMuffin and Dreck claimed that "the Lord had laid it on their hearts" to raise money for their missionication by starring in their own skin flick. Dreck played a kinky Pistol Pete and JillyMuffin insisted on wearing a skirt, cowboy boots and spurs. Hair was everywhere, and at one point Dreck had to gag and puke over the headboard. I didn't fall back asleep after that. 

Little Man is fine as long as you are calling your female babies Little President or Little Ruler of the World or Little Asskicker depending upon the occasion.

Our son was called Little OLD Man on occasion, but more often Cambodian Refugee or Popeye. He was a weeny, scrawny, way overcooked, one eye opened, miniature George Burns.  I thought he was the most beautiful baby ever born.

He would have stayed in until his 3rd birthday I think if he had had his way. Imagine watching your baby emerge from you LITERALLY looking around with one eye. He did not appear impressed. Sorry for wandering off point. 

6 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Am I a totally bad person that I spotted that too and my reaction was 'poor kid must be hot, but she's safer from 'daddy' that way'. - I know sibling abuse does not necessarily lead to that etc, but it was my reaction and I'll own it - I worry for those kids.

Same here and I'll own it too.  I don't know if it's wrong or not.  However, if anyone I know molested family or anyone, including my husband (and, he wouldn't have been my husband if I was told such prior),  I would worry and never leave them with that person.  I'm not risking it, not on my watch.  It's a very sad situation.  

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Are you a crier yourself?  Because I am stoic like Jessa (with a more emotionally flamboyant sibling like Jill), and I have been Jessa in that interview more times than I can count with my sibling's tears.

This post is perfect.

I'm a very sensitive person with a fair bit of anxiety, but I am not a crier. As in, I cry a few times a year, and it typically involves someone dying, a lot of alcohol, and/or a Holocaust movie. But most people just assume I'm extremely even keel, and I have a few Jills in my life who manage to make everything about them and force the rest of us to tend to them. (I'm not saying that's clearly the dynamic between Jill and Jessa, but that's the reaction I had watching the clip having been the "Jessa" in many similar situations). 

It is amazing how much crying as a woman will get you out of, though. A few years ago, I had a very unlike-me moment where I half-cried after being pulled over for speeding (I had a lot of personal crap at the moment, including some financial stress, so the idea of a ticket was kind of the final straw). The change in the officer's demeanor was instantaneous, and he let me go without even a verbal reprimand. It helps that I'm a white middle class lady for sure, but that hadn't gotten me out of tickets on two pull-overs in years prior (all of which occurred in my early-to-mid 20s). After that incident, I started to think I should try cry more often as a tool for manipulation, but I find the idea too embarrassing to implement, haha.

3 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Perhaps it was watching Counting On last night and trying to follow the drama on Teen Mom OG at the same time, but last night I had the creepiest dream in which JillyMuffin and Dreck claimed that "the Lord had laid it on their hearts" to raise money for their missionication by starring in their own skin flick. Dreck played a kinky Pistol Pete and JillyMuffin insisted on wearing a skirt, cowboy boots and spurs. Hair was everywhere, and at one point Dreck had to gag and puke over the headboard. I didn't fall back asleep after that. 

Good grief!  Are you ok after that?!

Here: :brainbleach:

51 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

You have just described the situation I'm in with my narcassistic younger sister! I love her too bits but she does my head in. I had to look after her a lot when we were young children because of our abusive mother's behaviour. 

Sometimes  I could cheerfully strangle her. She ruined #1's christening because of her needs. Luckily I have good friends who could see the situation for what it was, they jumped in and saved the day.

i could never have explained the situation as well as you have Georgiana. Thankyou. 

Have you read 'When Difficult Relatives Happen to Good People' - I found it very helpful in a similar circumstance.

29 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Dreck played a kinky Pistol Pete and JillyMuffin insisted on wearing a skirt, cowboy boots and spurs. Hair was everywhere

<snipped > now I know why I went to Victoria's Secret website last night and popped on this thread tonight. I was looking for cooler pjs and was scanning the baby doll selection when I found this....

Screenshot_20170711-204716.thumb.png.9c966fa52b41b5b751c68456a027e014.png

This baby doll sleeper does not come with a modest tee. Plus I'm on Victoria's Secret,  why the hell is there t-shirt under it?!?!?

So are you sure Jilly wasn't wearing this in your dream.

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I don't have a problem with Josh and Anna posting the video but I hope it's not going to be a gateway to him being a show regular. It is however dumb not showing him at weddings and family events, hiding him with fake lights is stupid. They can't pretend he doesn't exist and they will have to show him when the baby arrives.

That's how I felt when they blocked him from Jinger and Joy's weddings. If they cared enough about him to invite him, do we really need to go that much out of the way just so you can't see his face for 0.3 seconds?

24 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Have you read 'When Difficult Relatives Happen to Good People' - I found it very helpful in a similar circumstance.

Could you PM me the details? Thanks.

50 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Oh my goodness! This is simultaneously the best and worst thing I've ever read! I snort laughed so hard I scared the cat.

Edited to fix a spelling error. I was laughing too hard and hit the wrong key on my phone.

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

This baby doll sleeper does not come with a modest tee. Plus I'm on Victoria's Secret,  why the hell is there t-shirt under it?!?!?

So are you sure Jilly wasn't wearing this in your dream.

That's awful! No, she wasn't wearing that, but she did mention "season of life" a few times. 

Izzy or 'Cho-chi' was adorable when he was asked to say Grace last night.  I gotta say that all the second generation Duggar/ Dillard/ Seewald babies are cutie pies.

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Are you a crier yourself?  Because I am stoic like Jessa (with a more emotionally flamboyant sibling like Jill), and I have been Jessa in that interview more times than I can count with my sibling's tears. 

OMG, ARE YOU ME!!! I don't care for my sister and she's the only sibling I've got. Everything is ALWAYS about her and she's the emotional, "sensitive" one, or she plays like she is. 

10 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

"Number Eight Grandbaby! Going on 200!!!"

Direct quote from DQ.

So many times in the Duggar threads, I want to downvote things because of the stupid shit the Duggars say. I stop myself because it's not the poster's fault DQ is insane. It's just hard sometimes!

3 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

Izzy or 'Cho-chi' was adorable when he was asked to say Grace last night. 

The Choo-Choo/Choo-Chi thing annoys me. It's some random term of affection from Jill which is normal, but when she says it to other people or writes it in all seriousness like it's his name, it's just weird. 

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I feel incredibly dehumanized because I feel like I am not being given the resources to be a human being in this setting.  

Story of my life in one sentence. My mother is the one who needed ALL of the emotional space. My sister is as bad, or worse, than my mother, and they both make Jill look like a peach.

I'm not an outwardly emotional person and I have had people assume that I am less feeling because of it. It's frustrating because I still feel things even if I don't show it.

On the other hand, a lot of people really just can't help being criers and I hate it when people who don't cry easily assume that criers are being manipulative with their tears. It seems like some people don't understand that people who cry easily aren't doing it on purpose.

I guess it goes both ways, where people on both sides of the emotional spectrum can judge others because they assume everyone else processes things the way they do.

17 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

The Choo-Choo/Choo-Chi thing annoys me. It's some random term of affection from Jill which is normal, but when she says it to other people or writes it in all seriousness like it's his name, it's just weird. 

It also sounds like something someone would jokingly call their vagina. 

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

At some point recently, VS was trying to pass lingerie off as day wear. Maybe they're still doing that and this show cases how one can wear pajamas out and about?

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived