IGNORED

Dillards 33: Now Including Samuel

Coconut Flan

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dillard's have been much more private regarding this pregnancy. And about their lives in general since Izzy was born and the molestation scandal broke. Which makes absolute sense to me. Jill was forced to publicly relive her sexual assault when that news broke and she dealt with a LOT of bad press regarding her Megyn Kelly interview and her parenting choices. I think it's kind of natural to crave a bit of control when faced with that and she may have decided that sharing less was a good choice for her.

Since announcing the Samuel pregnancy on December 20, 2016 Jill has made less than 40 posts on Instagram. Derick made less than 30 posts since the announcement. Compare that to the Izzy pregnancy: Jill posted around 109 times on Instagram between the pregnancy announcement and the birth announcement. Derick didn't announce that pregnancy via Instagram. From mid-August 2014 to Izzy's birth he posted 56 times.

I know people are concerned, but I honestly don't think this is seriously abnormal for them at this point. Not only are they sharing less, but they also have an older child to care for this time as well. Yeah, they likely have family help for Izzy, but still. Additionally, it's Jill's second time having major surgery in just over three years. Maybe something went wrong, but maybe she just really wants time to recover a bit or time with just her family.

If they haven't updated anything by the weekend then it may be time to worry at that point.

Poor Markus- he's 4 right? 

How come the little ones seem to have such delayed, garbled speech patterns?

It's so unfortunate that the already born kids are not a bigger priority over creating the next. 

How come these folks do not get that each child becomes less important as the hours in the day do not grow to meet additional demands?

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

The Dillard's have been much more private regarding this pregnancy. And about their lives in general since Izzy was born and the molestation scandal broke. Which makes absolute sense to me. Jill was forced to publicly relive her sexual assault when that news broke and she dealt with a LOT of bad press regarding her Megyn Kelly interview and her parenting choices. I think it's kind of natural to crave a bit of control when faced with that and she may have decided that sharing less was a good choice for her.

Since announcing the Samuel pregnancy on December 20, 2016 Jill has made less than 40 posts on Instagram. Derick made less than 30 posts since the announcement. Compare that to the Izzy pregnancy: Jill posted around 109 times on Instagram between the pregnancy announcement and the birth announcement. Derick didn't announce that pregnancy via Instagram. From mid-August 2014 to Izzy's birth he posted 56 times.

I know people are concerned, but I honestly don't think this is seriously abnormal for them at this point. Not only are they sharing less, but they also have an older child to care for this time as well. Yeah, they likely have family help for Izzy, but still. Additionally, it's Jill's second time having major surgery in just over three years. Maybe something went wrong, but maybe she just really wants time to recover a bit or time with just her family.

If they haven't updated anything by the weekend then it may be time to worry at that point.

These are good points.  I hadn't realized just how little they were posting at this point. I do hope that it is just taking time to recover, that would be great and show concern for Jill's health, both physical and mental.  

I am surprised at the lack of posting, wouldn't that likely slow down donations?  They must be getting enough as is, so I must be wrong but I would think it would help.

41 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Exactly! It really does go to show that you really never know how someone will take to parenthood until it happens to them. I've known people who didn't want kids, had one as an accident or because they felt like they "should", then fell absolutely in love with parenthood and had tons more (could def see Jessa and Ben as this type). I've also known people who were adamant they wanted dozens, had one child, and immediately changed their mind (maybe Jill?). Kids can be a LOT of work, especially more difficult kids, and not everyone has the right sort of makeup to excel in that situation.

I agree. My SIL was the same. She got married young-21. From the get go she was talking about having 7 kids. She had 1 at 22...and waited 12 years to have her second and last. So, she and her husband have 2 kids. 1 30, and the other 18.

I'm hoping it's simply another tough delivery and Jill decided she needs privacy to rest, be with Samuel and Izzy, and digest what happened.  Dramatic births can cause someone not to want more kids and for a normal person that can be an easy decision.  For someone like Jill who thinks she needs a ton of kids not so easy.   Plus she has a mom who made giving birth look easy with Josie being the exception and she probably is wondering why she is so unlucky in that department.  Like others said I'll worry if we haven't heard more by this weekend.

I think part of the Dillards decreased posting pattern is because they live, for much of the time, in a developing nation. In these types of countries services go down at a pretty regular clip- some places even cut power every single day during certain hours. In addition. the systems in place are just not as sophisticated....less so in the more remote areas, which is where I imagine the Dillards live. My daughter lives in a city of 3 million people, the largest in her So American country, and services still go black on a regular basis. Think of me, I am leaving for So American on a midnight flight tonight...off to the land of irregular services :)

Personally, I am glad that the Dillards are more closely guarding their family's privacy. I hope Jill and SSD are recovering well.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@singsingsingwas downvoted for his sins. Does that make her the FJ equivalent of Jesus? :pb_lol:

Gasp! RUFUS BLASPHEMER! 

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Actually that's the first thing I noticed. He's such a disgusting waste of oxygen.

Had to bring this in . All Hail Dr. House, Patron Saint of Snark

Spoiler

91d624851a63d7a40cd51c2e73ff575f.jpg

11 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I am surprised at the lack of posting, wouldn't that likely slow down donations?  They must be getting enough as is, so I must be wrong but I would think it would help.

It doesn't matter how often you post on Instagram as much as it matters that you post the same amount consistently, and then there are content guidelines. (A certain percentage original content, a certain percentage of related material, etc.) 

People comment that Jessa is so great at social media, but she's very inconsistent, she saturates some content, neglects other content, and posts sporadically, etc. She has a huge following anyway, so I guess she doesn't need rules or guidelines, but I think she over posts and it will be hard to maintain in the future.

Jill probably over posted at first. She could be posting less often because she doesn't have the organizational skills to maintain it, or because she has become guarded after having so much public backlash. I could whip up a content calendar for her to make the whole thing easy without oversharing, but she hasn't asked me, lol. 

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

These are good points.  I hadn't realized just how little they were posting at this point. I do hope that it is just taking time to recover, that would be great and show concern for Jill's health, both physical and mental.  

I knew they were sharing less, but not by how much until I counted just now. As someone else just mentioned, Jill has been liking posts on Instagram - she liked one of her parents' posts about Samuel, the post Cathy add about Samuel's birth, Whitney Bates' post about her kids from Saturday, and two of Deena's posts from the Bahamas. So she's been online, which is positive.

My best guess at this point is either a desire for privacy for whatever reason or wanting to hold off for a possible magazine story.

2 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Gasp! RUFUS BLASPHEMER! 

IMG_9934.JPG.35d08decd82bc760795de518dfaae5f0.JPG

:pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

It doesn't matter how often you post on Instagram as much as it matters that you post the same amount consistently, and then there are content guidelines. (A certain percentage original content, a certain percentage of related material, etc.) 

People comment that Jessa is so great at social media, but she's very inconsistent, she saturates some content, neglects other content, and posts sporadically, etc. She has a huge following anyway, so I guess she doesn't need rules or guidelines, but I think she over posts and it will be hard to maintain in the future.

Jill probably over posted at first. She could be posting less often because she doesn't have the organizational skills to maintain it, or because she has become guarded after having so much public backlash. I could whip up a content calendar for her to make the whole thing easy without oversharing, but she hasn't asked me, lol. 

Interesting, I've always wanted to know more about how marketing works, especially when your product is so nebulous.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Let's see how many downvotes Josh Duggar's face can get. Take it away, folks!

My first downvote ever.

Just now, adidas said:

My first downvote ever.

May Rufus richly bless you.

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Anna is happy to have another child to JOIN THE HERD????? Is THAT what she said????

I noticed that too. So lovely that she sees children as nameless cattle, being bred for profit. 

Sorry to derail this slightly, but to the debate of the videos: I actually kind of like them. Not so much for me to watch, but if the people they're directed to actually watch them, I think it's nice. Plus posting them on YouTube is probably the easiest way to share them with the people they're for, and then you can watch them again and again if you want. Also considering they are a HUGE family, and that's probably the easiest way to hear from everyone who wants to send their well wishes.

What I found bizarre about the videos though was when Jeremy made one for Jinger's birthday when they live together. You couldn't just tell her "happy birthday baaaaabe" in person?

51 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Additionally, it's Jill's second time having major surgery in just over three two years.

I completely agree with the rest of your post, I just wanted to point out Israel is only 2 years 3 months old.

2 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I completely agree with the rest of your post, I just wanted to point out Israel is only 2 years 3 months old.

... I swear I can count... :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, justoneoftwo said:

Is it just me or is this even odder?  Maybe they are holding out for a payday, People comes out on Thursdays, right?

What about Jessa after Henry's birth... She had a people spread, so that might be more indicative of the current situation.

@VelociRapture.  Agree with your points.  I think Jill really got derailed with the 1st scandal.  Derick honestly may not have known.  Can you even imagine?  Then, sitting next to your sister on national TV crying and she does nothing to comfort you, forced to defend you abuser while he's paying for affairs?!    I've treated strangers much better than Jessa treated Jill.  Plus, all the critics on her last birth.  I'd probably hide big time.  Thank Rufus my family never put me on TV.  Thanks mom and dad!!!!

I don't like them but I can understand.

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

@VelociRapture.  Agree with your points.  I think Jill really got derailed with the 1st scandal.  Derick honestly may not have known.  Can you even imagine?  Then, sitting next to your sister on national TV crying and she does nothing to comfort you, forced to defend you abuser while he's paying for affairs?!    I've treated strangers much better than Jessa treated Jill.  Plus, all the critics on her last birth.  I'd probably hide big time.  Thank Rufus my family never put me on TV.  Thanks mom and dad!!!!

I don't like them but I can understand.

I'm not going to blame Jessa for that. Some people aren't really touchy freely and Jessa was dealing with her own sexual assault being made public as well. Different people handle things differently. 

Jill has really pulled back on the sharing for this pregnancy in general.  Maybe she's going more private.  Sometimes, we kind of expect these young adults to know EXACTLY how they want to handle fame and press RIGHT out the gate after they get married, but that's not reasonable.  They're young, under-educated, emotionally immature, and essentially children who have aged into legal adulthood.  They're going to make mistakes and change their minds.  Probably more than once.

Jill might have really thought twice about all the publicity and openness around Izzy, especially after all the Josh news broke.  That might have made her realize the dark side of fame and oversharing for the first time.  She might be in a place where she wants more privacy and has asked for it from her family.  Jill's no Alyssa Bates.  She's not going to lay down the law.  If she did tell her family she wants to back off, it's going to be less firm and probably confusing as I doubt she's able to express it in a clear, concise, definite way.  That might be what we have been seeing with the "lack of enthusiasm": a discomfort with filming and sharing that Jill has been unable to adequately express. 

Also, she HAS to talk about the c section and what that means.  Honestly, that's the real story here, and I think they all know it.  Her and Derick might be taking some extra time to discuss that between the two of them and come to terms with whatever they decide so that WHEN they have to talk about that, they are ready.  

3 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Unfortunately that is not just a fundie thing. My sister just recently had a baby boy and all throughout her pregnancy she referred to him as "lil man". When she was pregnant with her daughter it was "baby girl".  I've seen others on facebook refer to their baby boys as lil or little man. It drives me bonkers. 

I used to hang out with a lot of other teen moms online, and you can't imagine how often some of them would say things like, "This is the ONLY man I need!!!!!1" about their sons. Okay then. That sounds like a healthy dynamic.

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Oh no, i'm spreading the problem to the feline world!  We currently refer to our male toddler felines both as "little man" and currently have a female foster kitten we are referring to as "baby girl".

I call my cat Catwoman so I guess I'm good. Except I thought Catwoman was a hero but then my daughter just told me that's actually a villain. Oh well, my cat seems to like it. She's trouble.

I imagine prior to marriage most of the duggar women were shielded from negative responses from viewers.  Why would Michelle and Jim Bob share that?  It could possibly cause them to question their belief system and way of living.  Maybe Jill thought she would be seen as this perfect Godly woman who is such a blessing and inspiration to others.... then.... Reality smacked her in the face; closed fist!

I think I would recoil as well.  Especially if my craft (midwife) was questioned and discussed and debated during my kids birth.  Let's face it for every leg Humper Drewck's tweets get its countered by at least 3 haters.  "Pussy Galore" is my personal favorite on his instagram.  I hate that word but love that it's smeared on his twitter!  Lol - makes me giggle like a 12 yr old.

In no way shape or form defending just wondering if maybe that caused the downplay of this pregnancy.  

I do hope that she and the baby are ok though.  

It didn't make me gag but I did snarl a few times...

Josh and Anna's video gave my feline headship a hissy fit. No joke.

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived