Coconut Flan

Just to add some thoughts:

I seriously HATE how TLC does the wedding first and then bores us to tears with the prep the whole season. Puhleez....just let this show crash and burn now.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

First no one should have their own marriage license.  What you should have is a copy of your marriage certificate.  A license proves nothing.  The certificate shows the license was fulfilled and filed with the proper authority.  /lecture

We got married 3 years ago, State of Colorado notarized the original, scanned it handed it back to us and then gave us abou 15 notarized copies. 

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

I just watched the wedding. Joy looked super happy. Austin looks in love, to me. Kendra's dad looks like he's 25 or younger. That must be where Kendra got the baby face. Jana is beautiful and over it all. JD seems like he'd be the best choice to go out to dinner with.

Kendra gets it from both her parents -

IMG_8115.thumb.PNG.905c9b809a24ae7d28e48c9fa1b396f7.PNG

1 hour ago, Dubiousclaire said:

How are Jill, Jessa (before #2) and Jinger not bored out of their ever lovin' minds???

To be honest, Jill and Jessa are likely both pretty busy now. Jessa has two kids, seems to have friends she enjoys seeing, and is right down the road from TTH where her boys can get time with other kids their age/close to their ages. Jill has a very active and curious toddler who appears to be a bit of a handful - and we honestly have no real idea what she does in SCA. We've seen photos that prove she isn't totally isolated from other people and that she does get out and about (again, no clue how often.)

Before kids? Not sure. Jill seemed to spend a good deal of time with her three eldest kids, especially James. She also got pregnant faster than Jessa and that may have kept her busy. Additionally, Jill's Midwife permit appears to have been pulled sometime in early 2015, after her mentor (Venessa Giron) lost her license in Arkansas. So I wouldn't be surprised if Jill was kept busy studying and attending births in some form as well. As for Jessa, I don't know about her. Maybe she spent time with friends and family?

I kind of get the feeling that people may be jumping to conclusions a bit in regards to Jill supposedly being completely miserable and a total hermit in SCA. She may not be thrilled, but I honestly don't think she's going to have a breakdown anytime soon.

(I don't really blame anyone for jumping to conclusions. The Dills and Duggars have gone out of their way to be all "SO DANGEROUS" and "SO SCARY" while giving no real details.)

As for Jinger, she could be pretty busy as well if she's taking on responsibilities at Jeremy's Church. We've had several posters mention their own experiences as a Pastor's wife and it sounds like it can be a very demanding responsibility. 

1 hour ago, Helena Handbaket said:

You may be right about Cross Church allowing a reformed Calvinist performing  a wedding there, but Jeremy is ordained. The video of it is on youtube. 

Ah, I did not know that he was officially ordained, thanks. 

I'm positive that Pa's Duggar & Forsyth would demand an ordained minister perform any arraignment wedding, these folks do NOT fuck around (pun intended) with the purity of their kids,  weddings are the most sacred thing in their eyes, it makes them adults and allows them pleasures of the flesh with out sin.  Papa Forsyth wouldn't allow just anyone to marry his only boy.  I THINK Boob would have been ok with Jeremy, IF Cross Church had been ok with it, but I'm guessing that Cross Church said NO WAY! This maybe why JinJer went so such a strange location for their wedding, it was a place that would let Daddy V. officiate the wedding. 

From personal experience with fundy light churches, they get VERY VERY touchy with whom they will allow into their churches to preform weddings. 

As for what Joy was signing, maybe it was just the "church" certificate. I forgot we signed something at or wedding as well, and it was the covenant of marriage that isn't legally binding but religiously.  Maybe it was something like that?  but technically after the vows her name has changed, I would need to look at my licence to see what named I signed but I want say I signed my married name to that.  I've been married to damn long to remember honestly. 

18 hours ago, Buzzard said:

JD says hes a "bachelor to the rapture, I guess."

This means one of two things to me. 1) The Rapture is going to happen in about 10 minutes or 2) He will never marry. I sure hope the rapture doesn't happen anytime soon because we still have ice cream in the freezer and it would melt. I also hope JD gets married if he wants to.

@MadeItOut - actually, I despise them both. They treat their children like shit. We've looked into bringing one of them to the States to live with us, but it's impossible due to immigration laws.

@Coconut Flan - I have a copy of my marriage license, along with my marriage certificate. It was necessary for my immigrant husband's legal resident alien application.

@VelociRapture I was wondering about the preacher's wife role, because Jinger hasn't mentioned it in their interviews.  Jeremy did say he spends 30-40 hours a week at home studying and writing, and he doesn't use the office at the church.  Most churches I know of have set office hours,  and the pastor has set times he meets with committees, has appts, goes visiting, etc.  Maybe their church isn't big enough for all that?  And Jeremy isn't the "head" preacher, right?  

I guess my point is, they seem as held back from personal fulfillment in marriage, as under Boob and Michelle.  If Jill is unhappy, or decided two kids is enough, and wants to work, will she be allowed?  I just can't imagine not being able to work or go to school, or decide how many kids is enough, or voice my opinion of my husband wanted to take a job in another country. 

19 minutes ago, NeverBeenKissed said:

We got married 3 years ago, State of Colorado notarized the original, scanned it handed it back to us and then gave us abou 15 notarized copies. 

What you may have gotten back was a completed license or marriage certificate.  The military, US government, etc., none will accept a marriage license as proof of marriage.  What can happen is the certificate portion can be on the bottom of the same page as the license.  

This is a thing of mine because I used to work for the US Government and people would show up with copies of their marriage licenses only to be sent off to get certified copies of the real certificate. 

Did Joy and Austin maybe sign a covenant agreement during the ceremony and not an official marriage license? I don't really know how it works, but is there usually something to sign for covenant marriages?

12 minutes ago, likejana86 said:

hi where i can see this episode???in italy  we don t have this channel

Lily/Ellie's blog, second post down has the TLC link to the official online version. Seems they're only allowing online viewers see the first half (yay for being in Europe & not having to watch Derek throw up!)

7 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Seems they're only allowing online viewers see the first half

I noticed this as well. I'm kind of confused how TLC thinks interest in the show is going to increase now that they've started locking episodes. 

7 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Lily/Ellie's blog, second post down has the TLC link to the official online version. Seems they're only allowing online viewers see the first half (yay for being in Europe & not having to watch Derek throw up!)

lilly ellie blog???i don't know it..

i can't find this series anywhere.no yt no streaming nothing

17 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

What you may have gotten back was a completed license or marriage certificate.  The military, US government, etc., none will accept a marriage license as proof of marriage.  What can happen is the certificate portion can be on the bottom of the same page as the license.  

This is a thing of mine because I used to work for the US Government and people would show up with copies of their marriage licenses only to be sent off to get certified copies of the real certificate. 

Aha I see what you are saying. Mine is all on one document. (Is it naptime now? I work in insurance and have been verifying policy documents all day)

4 minutes ago, Berty K said:

I noticed this as well. I'm kind of confused how TLC thinks interest in the show is going to increase now that they've started locking episodes. 

Could be the reverse - they're aware how much additional damage showing us icky footage of icky Dwreck being icky (& also unwell) would do.

4 minutes ago, likejana86 said:

lilly ellie blog???i don't know it..

i can't find this series anywhere.no yt no streaming nothing

I can't remember the URL off the top of my head - it's the one with the header with lots of passport photos of everyone. The second post down has a hyperlink to TLC.

The moment they all sang the hymn with John David at the front directing the musical performance killed me

Spoiler

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I really hope they are preventing rather than having trouble conceiving because no matter how we feel about it, Jinjer with how she was raised would be devastated.

That's what I'm hoping too, and if they are I can definitely see them trying to get pregnant after their anniversary. I definitely don't want them to be like Michaela and Brandon.

33 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Could be the reverse - they're aware how much additional damage showing us icky footage of icky Dwreck being icky (& also unwell) would do.

I can't remember the URL off the top of my head - it's the one with the header with lots of passport photos of everyone. The second post down has a hyperlink to TLC.

DuggarFamilyBlog

19 hours ago, nst said:

ben and jessa are literally a boring couple all of a sudden 

that conversation about the shoes was priceless 

All of a sudden???

20 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

All of a sudden???

no - not all of  a sudden.  It was just apparent last night during that shoe conversation it was just so they were so just blah in that second and so settled.   Where was the spark that they showed before but then I realized that she was heavily pregnant and do they show it.  It just for that moment seemed like this is it.  But then I remember they are very good actors. In that moment I thought wow. 

1 hour ago, Dubiousclaire said:

@VelociRapture I was wondering about the preacher's wife role, because Jinger hasn't mentioned it in their interviews.  Jeremy did say he spends 30-40 hours a week at home studying and writing, and he doesn't use the office at the church.  Most churches I know of have set office hours,  and the pastor has set times he meets with committees, has appts, goes visiting, etc.  Maybe their church isn't big enough for all that?  And Jeremy isn't the "head" preacher, right?  

I guess my point is, they seem as held back from personal fulfillment in marriage, as under Boob and Michelle.  If Jill is unhappy, or decided two kids is enough, and wants to work, will she be allowed?  I just can't imagine not being able to work or go to school, or decide how many kids is enough, or voice my opinion of my husband wanted to take a job in another country. 

Their Church is a plant of a larger Church and is relatively new, so they don't have many families attending yet. I'm thinking a lot of work is likely spent on trying to bring more families into the fold at the moment.

And I understand your point better now. I think that what you're wondering is likely dependent on the male spouse unfortunately. I could see some of them being more flexible in some areas. But I don't think any of the spouses are going to move dramatically away from the overall beliefs - I personally don't believe that any of the spouses would have been given the ok if Jim Bob knew or suspected they weren't being honest about their beliefs.

I have trouble imaginging not having some semblance of control in my life too. But unfortunately that's how these young people were raised. To them it's likely completely normal. Disturbing in many ways though.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived