Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

copies of their marriage licenses only to be sent off to get certified copies of the real certificate. 

True. Because anyoldbody can go get a marriage license but it's not valid until the license has been filed with the court clerk and a certificate issued. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

So, is she legally married if she signed it with an alias?

I was wondering the same thing. I'd laugh hysterically if that voided the marriage.

Am I an asshole? Perhaps.

OMG watching now. The music. The cello and piano as people were walking in was pleasant. But Joy's music ACK. My husband asked if Julius Caesar is getting married?!:laughing-rollingred::wtsf:

2 hours ago, chris said:

1235.png

Full Name (Last, First, Middle Initial)

Jim Bob Duggar

This kind of thing drives my Virgo self crazy.

6 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I think I've finally figured out Jill as a mother. I know many of us saw her caring for her buddy group and expected her to parent that way. Instead, she's parenting like her mom (Michelle). I think Michelle parented her oldest children carefully and closely before the laundry room meltdown. I'm not saying that Jill has had a breakdown, but she may see her buddies as her first family and parent her younger ones (biological children) with a more hands off approach. If they lived in Arkansas, I can see her trying to constantly have auntie mom's around.

what is clear is that these adult children are still expected to buddy their other children even though have/have not left the nest and that is NOT normal. Nothing about this family is normal or thought out in a correct way.  

4 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

How are Jill, Jessa (before #2) and Jinger not bored out of their ever lovin' minds???

What do they do all day, every day,  with just one baby (or no baby)? 

they are not supposed to interact with other people because they aren't allowed to leave the cult even as adults.  If Jinger's life is really like that and they don't film what she actually does then well she deserves the life she got. Because being at home by yourself is NOT that entertaining.   These people are in a cult and Jeremy for one reinforces it every time he talks.  Jessa is ALWAYS at the TTH so her vision is there unless she does a once a month road trip like she seems to be doing with the designated fundie humpers. Jill I am sure is bored to death

They didn't show the pianist but that banging sounded a lot like Erin.  Do we know if she was there?

Also, I'm wondering who Joy trained to take over the detailing she did. Jackson? James?

A previous post showed a screenshot of Erin at the piano (in the background). She was not featured.

11 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Does anyone know the ages of Austin's mother and father. They looked really old to me. 

Online voter registration records says that Terry is 57 and Roxanne is 53.

Just now, season of life said:

Good to know. I wonder how long they have been married. 

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

Full Name (Last, First, Middle Initial)

Jim Bob Duggar

This kind of thing drives my Virgo self crazy.

And shouldn't it be Duggar James Robert? That is Jim Bob's full name.

I would be interested to see what age his parents were when they married. Funny enough I don't think their back story is common knowledge on the forum. If it is I missed it. I mean we know about the camp and their religious beliefs, but not about how they met.

20 hours ago, ValeryVal said:

The moment they all sang the hymn with John David at the front directing the musical performance killed me

That was  was reminiscent of the pecan  thief directing the hymn and just weird.  

This was my second favorite wedding after Jinger's. Jill's was okay, but she loses points for going barefoot and I didn't like her bridesmaids' dresses. I don't remember anything about her reception. Jessa's had the awful ice cream in a parking lot reception. Josh's wasn't bad considering the financial limitations they had at the time, but that was thanks to the ladies of the Kellers' church.

Joy was being ignorant by signing her married name on her wedding certificate. Probably no one thought to explain that to her specifically. Hopefully a responsible adult checked whether it was a problem.

Now that I'm finally watching the wedding, a few thoughts:

• Wow, Joy & Austin interacting just re-enforces how young they are, not just the fact that 19 is young in general to me, but that they are both clearly very mentally younger than their ages and are very much in their first relationship.
  • It's crazy how easy it is to forget how awful these people honestly are. I mean I hear Pastor Gaysdon'texist talk and it's just like, "oh how sweet he is with their daughters!" No! Snap out of it, don't let the sweet music and the non-hateful stuff they say distract you! I should know better! But come to think of it, at the same time, Pastor G reminds me of Paul Ryan, so...
  • WHAT.the.fuck is up with that processional music for Joy???
  • PS - is it me or could noone sit still in the audience during the processional? I get that you're hicks and couldn't bother to dress up at all for such an occasion, but get it together!

7 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Josh's wasn't bad considering the financial limitations they had at the time,

at least he had food! I couldn't imagine asking my family and friends to spend thousands of dollars to come several states over only to offer ice cream or cupcakes?!

1 hour ago, nst said:

they are not supposed to interact with other people because they aren't allowed to leave the cult even as adults.  If Jinger's life is really like that and they don't film what she actually does then well she deserves the life she got. Because being at home by yourself is NOT that entertaining.   These people are in a cult and Jeremy for one reinforces it every time he talks.  

Well, we have seen Jinger interacting with others outside the cult: she has been photographed handing out pamphlets at a local college campus. Even if she isn't just hanging out with students, there is a certain amount of interaction required with that.  

Plus, it's been made clear that JEREMY'S rules are not the same as Jim Bob's rules. Doesn't mean they are any better, but it does mean we may not know whether Jinger is discouraged from interacting with the secular world. Jeremy may actually encourage her to be involved in the community as a recruitment tool.  

But also, sitting around a quiet house, reading, lounging, or doing whatever she wants is probably ENJOYABLE for a woman who has NEVER had the opportunity to do so in her entire life.  If Jinger is taking this time to do nothing, more power to her. She's never been able to do this before and she won't have much opportunity to do so again after kids. Take advantage, lady!! 

Honestly, doing nothing and enjoying being a newlywed is probably the healthiest choice a Duggar woman could make in her first year of marriage. It gives her a break and allows her to adjust to marriage and recharge before kids. 

Catching up with the episode:

It was sweet to see Austin so overwhelmed and emotional while watching Joy walking down the aisle and while saying his vows. 

I also think it was funny how he was with his cellphone taking video (I guess) of Joe's proposal. lmao He didn't want to miss one second of it.

Makes me wonder what Pastor Caldwell was thinking the whole time knowing his daughter was about to get engaged that same day. He's very handsome. :56247955dd693_32(12):

44 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

It was sweet to see Austin so overwhelmed and emotional while watching Joy walking down the aisle and while saying his vows. 

I thought this was genuine as well. And thus far, hasn't D-wreck been the only groom not to get teary watching his bride? 

Douchehole. 

All right, imma need to see a clip of JD pretending to be a conductor. Sounds like it may rival the saw lady at j-rods wedding.

4 hours ago, JMO said:

They didn't show the pianist but that banging sounded a lot like Erin.  Do we know if she was there?

She was, as per Renée's photos: (Lily/Ellie blog just posted them) 

Erin+Paine+and+Renee+Miller.jpg

I saw a photo with 12 bridesmaids. Does anyone know who all of them are? There are 2-3 that I can't identify. Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Johannah, Jenny, Anna, Kendra, Carlin. I think one is Austin's sister? Megan? Not sure on her name. No clue on the other two. 

Is there a Duggar family chart in any of these threads that show all of the in-laws? 

Another question. I saw posts referring to Jill's new baby as Samuel? Did they announce the name? I missed that. 

15 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I saw a photo with 12 bridesmaids. Does anyone know who all of them are? There are 2-3 that I can't identify. Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Johannah, Jenny, Anna, Kendra, Carlin. I think one is Austin's sister? Megan? Not sure on her name. No clue on the other two. 

Is there a Duggar family chart in any of these threads that show all of the in-laws? 

Another question. I saw posts referring to Jill's new baby as Samuel? Did they announce the name? I missed that. 

The non-Duggar bridesmaids were Heidi Query, Sierra Jo Dominguez, Kendra Caldwell, and Meagan Ballinger.

Derick announced the baby's name, Samuel Scott Dillard, in his Twitter bio. We discussed it in the Dillard threads.

13 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Still on page 8, but THANK YOU @Buzzard & @PumaLover for recapping this hot mess, so we don't have to watch!  I really appreciate your work xxx

Lurky, I just love your profile picture- i noticed it so many times and now is the time to give you credit!

3 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

She was, as per Renée's photos: (Lily/Ellie blog just posted them) 

Erin+Paine+and+Renee+Miller.jpg

That's the same dress she wore in Chicago while visiting Michael. They probably traveled to or from Chicago to Joy's wedding (don't know the exact time line).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived