Coconut Flan

22 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

It will be interesting to see how Jim Bob is when Johanna, Jenny, and Jordyn get married, if he has the same sweet moments with these younger girls. They were completely raised by their sister moms. Jordan's birthday greeting, when she didn't seem to connect with her biological parents also made me think of this.

I think he has a soft spot for Hannie.   Maybe because she was the first girl after a slew of howlers.  

Hard to say about the others, including Precious Blessing, One will probably get stuck taking care of her parents in their old age, especially if Jana gets out.  I'd guess that one or two will end up breaking lots of rules, if only because it will be impossible for Michelle and her wonderful husband to eventually give a shit.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught the wedding online. My random thoughts at the end:

1. Even though I read the recaps, I was still shocked by how young Kendra's dad looks. Damn.

2. I was one of the ones who thought proposing during someone else's wedding was tacky, but the way Joe planned it and involved Joy was admittedly pretty cute.

3. They did a really good job of not showing Carlin (or any Bates) at all, except in a "blink and you'll miss it" photograph or two.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Joy signed her MARRIED  name on the marriage certificate? It's a legal document. At the time she ENTERED  into the marriage she was Joy-Anna Duggar, not Forsyth.  Also, I find it very strange that Jeremy didn't perform the wedding as Jinger was in the wedding and he IS family. That would have been more appropriate than the father of your brother's girlfriend!  Nobody marries in the same church, or has the same officiant... very weird for a church goin' family.

15 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Late, watching on dvr delay. Dislike her dress and hair less...her hair needed more product or styled better... But I don't think Joy really cared much. Boob needed to button his jacket

JD and Jana are the best...Love JD s snark. 

Joy trying to please Austin makes me want to slap her. But as someone else said, he seems to tell her to do what she wants. 

Ugh, the running down the aisle, but at least she wore shoes.  The hay was hideous, and WTF glitter in a church? 

That looked sloppy, as well as them holding hands walking down the aisle. Get your poop in a group! It's a wedding, not only that there are a thousand people attending and it was televised. OOOO, and that wasn't hay... it was Sage grass! Sure, Miss Cindy. hahaha Bet it didn't feel like running through a meadow barefoot when the STRAW went between her foot and lovely BROWN sandal. That dress was way too long too. End of rant. Thank you for the twenty seconds of your life that it took to read this that you will never get back.

15 hours ago, nst said:

they should have muted out the prayer -that was personal 

Maybe they heard too many requests to hear the prays, they relented... The producers, not the family.

16 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

Also, I find it very strange that Jeremy didn't perform the wedding as Jinger was in the wedding and he IS family. That would have been more appropriate than the father of your brother's girlfriend!  Nobody marries in the same church, or has the same officiant... very weird for a church goin' family.

Jeremy may not be ordained to marry people in any state, and since he is only a preacher of a house church in TX I'm fairly sure he isn't ordained in AR. I thought he might do it too, but only if they had an outdoor wedding.  Churches like Cross Church will have strict guidelines one who THEY WILL ALLOW  to officiate and a reformed Calvinist would NOT be welcome to do that in their church. 

20 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Joy signed her MARRIED  name on the marriage certificate? It's a legal document. At the time she ENTERED  into the marriage she was Joy-Anna Duggar, not Forsyth. 

I was puzzled by that as well but I thought perhaps they do things differently than in Nova Scotia, Canada.

1 minute ago, albanuadh_1 said:

I was puzzled by that as well but I thought perhaps they do things differently than in Nova Scotia, Canada.

I think that the Duggars  generally don't have a clue. The pastor was RIGHT there, he should've leaned over and told her to sign her maiden name, or better yet, TELL her in advance.

I think it would have been more weird for Jeremy to perform the ceremony just because he happens to be a pastor and his wife was in the wedding. Most religious people ask people they know well to officiate their weddings. Joy may know Jeremy fairly well, but Austin probably knows Pastor Caldwell much better than he knows Jeremy.

I did catch the part about Joy writing Forsyth instead of Duggar and I also thought that was incorrect. I got married in Florida and I'm pretty sure I signed my maiden name. Maybe it varies by state?

1 minute ago, Helena Handbaket said:

I think that the Duggars  generally don't have a clue. The pastor was RIGHT there, he should've leaned over and told her to sign her maiden name, or better yet, TELL her in advance.

So, is she legally married if she signed it with an alias?

6 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jeremy may not be ordained to marry people in any state, and since he is only a preacher of a house church in TX I'm fairly sure he isn't ordained in AR. I thought he might do it too, but only if they had an outdoor wedding.  Churches like Cross Church will have strict guidelines one who THEY WILL ALLOW  to officiate and a reformed Calvinist would N

What about Binjermin? Hasnt he received his diploma of the dot matrix computer yet?  Surely he could print something out in time to officiate a wedding!

It's possible Joy completed her legal name change before the ceremony. I've had friends do that. 

Also possible that wasn't the real document. It's a terrible idea to air an official document like that legibly on national TV. I'd bet dollars to donuts that was a "Made for TV reenactment" of the signing anyway. 

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jeremy may not be ordained to marry people in any state, and since he is only a preacher of a house church in TX I'm fairly sure he isn't ordained in AR. I thought he might do it too, but only if they had an outdoor wedding.  Churches like Cross Church will have strict guidelines one who THEY WILL ALLOW  to officiate and a reformed Calvinist would NOT be welcome to do that in their church. 

You may be right about Cross Church allowing a reformed Calvinist performing  a wedding there, but Jeremy is ordained. The video of it is on youtube. All he would need to do is take his original ordination papers into the courthouse with 5 bucks and register... ( We learned this from when Ben and Jessa were applying for a license). Mike Schadt officiated at their wedding .... Does he pastor any church?? Just asking.

6 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Actually my doctor encourages me to eat fish I just have a list of okay fish types and not okay fish. The only kind I'll remotely eat is talapia though (I hate fish in general) and that's allowed so I don't remember the rest.  I believe the reason she pushes it is the DHA and omega-3's for brain development.

That's really cool. ...thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it was heavy metals and other pollutants they were worried about, so that would make sense for you guys vs us - we have five or six nations fishing off the one coast that probably, if we unrolled it, wouldn't go far along one side of yours.

3 hours ago, veron1que said:

Love it ;) 

The glitter canon was great, they all seemed borderline horrified

Just keeps sending me back to childhood and the "Truth, not Tinsel" events that used to happen. Thank everything someone knocked those on the head!

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

My guess is they already have.  She went in for one when he proposed and then someone else had to say "no kissing."  Thats not a normal thing unless you're used to doing it.

And you know what, if that is the case, Joe and Kendra need to tell JB and M that they have established more liberal views with regards to their relationship. It's up to each couple, right??????

20 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

It's possible Joy completed her legal name change before the ceremony. I've had friends do that. 

Also possible that wasn't the real document. It's a terrible idea to air an official document like that legibly on national TV. I'd bet dollars to donuts that was a "Made for TV reenactment" of the signing anyway. 

I know in UK it voids your marriage if anyone photographs or films the register. The registrar at my second wedding halted the ceremony and made them all put their lens caps on.

How are Jill, Jessa (before #2) and Jinger not bored out of their ever lovin' minds???

What do they do all day, every day,  with just one baby (or no baby)? 

Jill probably sits in her Sintral America house with Izzy, rocking back and forth until Derek gets home, or takes her to the church or market.  I feel like Jill will lose it after only #2, especially in they go back to CA. 

I was really hoping Jinger would be taking some sort of class like photography. She does two loads of laundry a week, cooks, only has an apartment to clean. She doesn't know anyone...

Jessa would now probably be sufficiently busy with two kids and a manchild underfoot. But before? 

I guess my house would have been cleaner had I not worked. If I had more than two kids I would maybe think about saying home, at least until they went to school. 

The husband's don't make enough money to take the kids to Gymboree, or other toddler activities, and they won't do dance or sports.  They probably won't even go to storytime at the public library, because of defrauding books and movies there. 

4 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

I know in UK it voids your marriage if anyone photographs or films the register.

Hmmm. Wonder if this means my BIL isn't really married to my SIL??? lol

46 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Joy signed her MARRIED  name on the marriage certificate?

I got married in Arkansas. I need to find my license and see what it says. haha (I truly don't remember)

I just watched the wedding. Joy looked super happy. Austin looks in love, to me. Kendra's dad looks like he's 25 or younger. That must be where Kendra got the baby face. Jana is beautiful and over it all. JD seems like he'd be the best choice to go out to dinner with.

I literally just pulled out my Colorado Marriage license to see how I signed it. (Maiden name!)

21 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Hmmm. Wonder if this means my BIL isn't really married to my SIL??? lol

I got married in Arkansas. I need to find my license and see what it says. haha (I truly don't remember)

Wouldn't say anything unless you really don't like them - just in case. ;)

I saw a photo of Kendra and her parents where her mother likes she could be Kendra's sister.

I'm going to rewatch the wedding episode more carefully tonight. Were J-rod and her fam there? I know there was speculation about there not being enough seating which was weird considering the many open seats.

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

The Duggars only shut down the homechurch after Joshgate. So, two years attending Caldwell's church, but they may have been acquainted before that in some capacity (probably through Pa Caldwell's work with cars). 

The homechurch was shut down? Then why does Jim Bob self-report to the Federal Election Commission his occupation is 'minister'?

1235.png

6 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

Yeah they don't seem happy IMO

To piggy on both quotes, I think much has to do with the fact that Derick is continuing to move his wide to Central America when I think it's pretty clear that she does not want to be there. When they married, to her she probably thought she scored a nice guy with a degree and a job. Now they are begging donors for money, and she is probably thanking Jesus that Joy got married when she did because now they can stay safely in the States until baby is born. I just don't get these two at all. Like what is their long term goal here? sigh.....

First no one should have their own marriage license.  What you should have is a copy of your marriage certificate.  A license proves nothing.  The certificate shows the license was fulfilled and filed with the proper authority.  /lecture

Jim Bob can claim to be a minister especially on political forms.  He doesn't have to have a church.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived