IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Pikes Peak or Bust?

Coconut Flan

More pictures:http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/photos/joy-and-austin-forsyths-wedding-photos/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=countingontlc&utm_medium=social&utm_content=DCIobj+-+Page+Views+DCItype+-+Photo+Galleries&sf86163662=1

ETA: Looks like 12 groomsmen, so still a chance for more bridesmaids. Sierra and Carlin probably were in the wedding party, just not the family pic we saw.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not happy that Si wasn't a groomsman for Austin - just like I'm not happy Joe wasn't a groomsman for Jeremy. I know it's the groom's choice and all but the girl's favorite brother should be included :( 

3 hours ago, mpheels said:

By the time I was Jana's age, I had a bachelor's and a master's, and had published my first academic journal article. There are so many wonderful things about our world that the women will never get to know.

Not sure I would class the peer review process as one of the wonderful things about our world that people are missing out on! :pb_lol:

I'm just popping on to say Joy looks absolutely gorgeous. Like, WOW! The wedding venue is also gorgeous. But this picture in particular makes me smile.
I agree with @CharlieinCharge  There was definitely more bridesmaids based on the amount of groomsmans that were there. They are really dragging the details out on this one.

Forsyth-Wedding-1.png

10 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

More pictures:http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/photos/joy-and-austin-forsyths-wedding-photos/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=countingontlc&utm_medium=social&utm_content=DCIobj+-+Page+Views+DCItype+-+Photo+Galleries&sf86163662=1

ETA: Looks like 12 groomsmen, so still a chance for more bridesmaids. Sierra and Carlin probably were in the wedding party, just not the family pic we saw.

If you look at the bottom of the steps to the stage on the 5th picture it seems like it might be Sierra on the left (none of the sisters have her color/curl in their hair in the sisters picture) and Carlin on the right hand side (seems to be different earrings and profile than Kendra and definitely not a Duggar IMO).

9 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

I wonder what J'chelle think about that pic with the groomsmen, in particular as the one right next to Austin is pretending to kiss him :my_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

In one of the photos, Erin Bates is behind the piano. And there's a blond bridesmaid in front but I can't tell who that is.

I swear JD is like one of those "always a groomsmen but never a groom" people. Kind of sad Josiah and Joy grew apart since he's not in there.

All I saw when I read Austin's vows is "GOD GOD GOD Him GOD GOD"

I'm thinking that may be Austin's sister, not Sierra? I still think Sierra was a bridesmaid too just not in that shot.

31 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I swear JD is like one of those "always a groomsmen but never a groom" people. 

I was just about to say exactly the same thing then saw your post.  People seem to like him, anyway.

I love Austin's expression in that picture with all the groomsmen and I think it's great that the only Dugger was JD. It's nice to see that Austin was able to have people that were close to him and be silly. I hope Joy had that opportunity.  She deserves silly in her life. 

2 hours ago, GnomeCat said:

I'm just popping on to say Joy looks absolutely gorgeous. Like, WOW! The wedding venue is also gorgeous. But this picture in particular makes me smile.

That's Erin Paine at the piano. Is that Jana extreme right of frame?

15 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Definitely Erin at the piano. I also think that is Jana in the right of the frame. 

6 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Definitely Erin at the piano. I also think that is Jana in the right of the frame. 

Oh crap! Is it a tradition to have her pounding at the piano at almost every wedding!?

25 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

That's Jana. Same shoes as the sisters picture.

Beautiful Altar and window/background!

I'm still batting zero on the bridal gowns. I haven't like any of them.

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I like everything except the humongous "Amazing Grace"

There's an older gentleman that's part of the groomsmen. I hope in the wedding special he's a witty, older mentor friend. I'm a sucker for older folks being part of the bridal party; It's too adorable for me :pb_lol:

9 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

There's an older gentleman that's part of the groomsmen. I hope in the wedding special he's a witty, older mentor friend. I'm a sucker for older folks being part of the bridal party; It's too adorable for me :pb_lol:

I'm hoping for a cutie normal Grandpa. 

The caption of the sisters photo on the TLC site says Joy had her sisters in her wedding party. So it's confirmed that's not a bridesmaids photo.

My guess is that the older groomsman is Austin's grandfather. That's a whole lot of groomsmen who made the cut ahead of Joy's eight other non-disgraced brothers. 

The Amazing Grace cutout is odd, but I like how it casts a shadow on the wall. The stage decor looks weird in the first photo, and much better in the ones facing the stage. Maybe the angle, or maybe they took it before they finished the decor. Is there any evidence of whether Joy and Austin saw each other before the ceremony?

Austin's letter (surely it's not his vows) said way too much about God and not nearly enough about Joy. I wonder if Joy wrote one too?

43 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I loved Jessa's and Jinger's wedding gowns. 

I hope they pay Erin to beat on those keys at all these weddings. Was Jinger the only one not to use her?

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope they pay Erin to beat on those keys at all these weddings. Was Jinger the only one not to use her?

She may offer to pay as a wedding gift. And I want to say Jinger is the only wedding she didn't play at. I want to say that she played ridiculously loudly at Jessa's (or maybe Jill's.) Someone suggester it could have had to do with acoustics of the Church though.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived