IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Pikes Peak or Bust?

Coconut Flan

These wedding setups look pretty good. I am curious to see how Joesph's wedding will fair in all of this.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

This one is my favorite picture so far

Very cute Who is the ring barer? and is that Austins BIL behind him?  Looks like there is some kind of orchestra or music ensemble. 

Most importantly, I hope they WALKED down the aisle. 

6 hours ago, DillyDally said:

I wonder what J'chelle think about that pic with the groomsmen, in particular as the one right next to Austin is pretending to kiss him :my_biggrin:

I loved that pic of the grooms me  I enjoy when guys allow themselves to be silly, I wonder 1 who the dude "kissing him" is and who the sweet old man was, was that Austin's Grandpa?  If so I LOVE that. 

At first I didn't like any of the wedding pictures we saw, I think partially because Joy is young and it felt wrong to me. I also didn't see the appeal of her dress. I still like Jessa and Jinger's dresses much better, but Joy IS beautiful in hers, and seems very happy on her wedding day. I do wish Austin had more to say about JOY, maybe some memories or that she looks beautiful or SOMETHING! Jeez you are marrying her after all.

But one thing I can't snark about - that church is GORGEOUS! I actually gasped when I saw that wide-shot of it. Very nature-y to suit the couple and my own personal tastes.

21 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Is that Joseph's future father-in-law Pastor Caldwell marrying them? I'm bad at faces sometimes. 

I think it is Kendra's dad. 

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope they pay Erin to beat on those keys at all these weddings. Was Jinger the only one not to use her?

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

She may offer to pay as a wedding gift. And I want to say Jinger is the only wedding she didn't play at. I want to say that she played ridiculously loudly at Jessa's (or maybe Jill's.) Someone suggester it could have had to do with acoustics of the Church though.

Jinger did use her actually. That's her playing piano upon Jinger's entrance

erinbates.png.db0aeb7df0f058b41a295527cce2d3d7.png

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

beat on those keys

She plays EVERYTHING sfz, even if it's noted pp.  Makes me insane. It's not music, then - it's just noise.

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

She plays EVERYTHING sfz, even if it's noted pp.  Makes me insane. It's not music, then - it's just noise.

My middle school band teacher used to say, "anyone can play loud, it takes talent to play soft"

15 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Snip

We work a fair deal in Northern Ireland, in very creationist areas. Some of the stuff the kids very innocently come out with... and there's no talking with them on it. If they even detect a twitch of an eyebrow they'll explain that they're being taught the answers to give to get through their KS & GCSEs, but not to worry because they're learning the real stuff at home / church.

Some days I have a little weep in the car on the way home for those children.

I'm interested in what part of Northern Ireland you work in? 

Ive been through the NI education system and I'm training to be an RE teacher and what you described hasn't been my experience at all. 

Joy can at least walk unaided in the full dress and train, unlike Jinger's insanity, so it's a step up from that, to me.  But still, given that she bought 2 different dresses and had then cut together with bits of her grandmother and mother in law's dresses, plus with extra modesty editions, I'm confused why she didn't just get someone to make her something bespoke that she liked.

Just taking a moment from hating these people and their beliefs because this photo is seriously gorgeous:

IMG_7787.PNG.967e547935dab076e9f932a968d445a2.PNG

It's just visually stunning between the lighting, the arches, candles, flowers...

And the pose is very sweet and tender. Husband and I have a similar one from our wedding - ours is by a tree and backlight at night (so super stunning photo.) JoStin do seem very comfortable being physically close to one another in their wedding photos. So hopefully that means good things for them.

55 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Ive been through the NI education system.... 

Completely unrelated, but I've always said that if I won the lottery, I'd disappear to the north coast of NI and never be seen again. Probably Portrush, but that's only because the banoffee pie at Ramore is life. 

31 minutes ago, Lurky said:

.  But still, given that she bought 2 different dresses and had then cut together with bits of her grandmother and mother in law's dresses, plus with extra modesty editions, I'm confused why she didn't just get someone to make her something bespoke that she liked.

I think Miss Renee 'designed' her dress like she did Jinger's, so I don't think Joy had to buy two dresses.

53 minutes ago, KimJongJimBob said:

Completely unrelated, but I've always said that if I won the lottery, I'd disappear to the north coast of NI and never be seen again. Probably Portrush, but that's only because the banoffee pie at Ramore is life. 

I'd reccomend Castlerock. Lovely little town with a gorgeous beach and close to Portrush as well as the rest of the beautiful North Coast!

I don't live too far from the North Coast and I spend most of my summer days there! It's wonderful! 

You guys have great eyes! I legit did not see Erin Paine at the piano or Carlin Bates in the corner!

Joy-Anna had a beautiful dress. I could easily see myself wearing that and I'm not very invested in fashion. The church looks amazing and the glass gives a dramatic effect. I think the cross table is cool, but it is amusing the guests got cupcakes from it. The orange and blue colors are nice.

Jinger's wedding is my favorite, but Joy's has easily become my second favorite. 

15 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Judging by the fact that Jill still hadn't gotten the hang of fractions at age 23 and James was still learning multiplication tables at age 11, I'm going to hazard a guess that they don't learn very much. Jill kind of knows Spanish, but neither she nor Derick seem to be very dedicated to really learning it beyond getting Israel to call Derick Papi. Gothardism does not exactly encourage intellectual curiosity.

I believe James was 13 at the time, which makes it even more egregious. 

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think Miss Renee 'designed' her dress like she did Jinger's, so I don't think Joy had to buy two dresses.

I don't think she got 2 dresses either, I've seen enough SYTTD to know that if you like 1 part of 2 or 3 different dresses by 1 designer they will "customize" it for you.  A couple at our church got married the weekend after DH & I, she liked the top of 1 dress, the bottom of another and the lace on another they were all the same designer they got it all done she got the dress and she hated it. Should have been an omen, marriage lasted 11 months, and she's still a hot mess almost 21 years later. 

@justmy2cents @allthegoodnamesrgone In the People video that was the first one out, and probably in the last thread now, they said Joy liked the skirt on one dress, the bodice of another, so bought them both, and had them put together, with sleeves added for modesty, with bits of the dress her grandmother and mother wore, and  bits of Austin's mother's dress . 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-talk-kids/

I mean, I guess People could be making it up (and so could I, I guess), but I don't know why that would happen.

8 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I'm interested in what part of Northern Ireland you work in? 

Ive been through the NI education system and I'm training to be an RE teacher and what you described hasn't been my experience at all. 

Mostly Antrim coast. Usually venues that were covered by what was niea and is having yet another name and reshuffle. You have no idea how glad I am at least some kids will get you as an RE teacher - that's awesome. More kids need strong thinkers teaching in that subject area.

My guess is there's an element of situational, only I can't quite work out what the draw for the families we encounter is. We hope we can send them away with something sound, but I just can't help wondering sometimes.

7 hours ago, KimJongJimBob said:

...and there's that amazing pizza place there too. ;)

I know it's a cultural more than a religious thing, and to most here probably seems normal, but everytime I see those gigantic (or even the more moderate)  wedding parties I'm a little put off. 
To me there is way too much school yard playing favourites with your friends and it's a rather off-putting way of using humans as props.
I know to many it's an honour, but I always feel a little embarrassed on behalf of the adult brides maids/grooms men.

On 2017-06-06 at 9:14 PM, Carm_88 said:

They're in the mountains and she loves him.

They look a little tired but happy. If only this was a hike Joy was taking with her boyfriend who she might very well marry once they know eachother a bit better and not a hike with her husband that she has to stay with for ever even if they discover they don't really like eachother. She looks so young. 

14 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:
Spoiler

ETA: Looks like 12 groomsmen, so still a chance for more bridesmaids. Sierra and Carlin probably were in the wedding party, just not the family pic we saw.

So that means there are four bridesmaids we're not sure about. Carlin, Sierra, Heidi and Austins sister probabaly.

If Austin included his granddad as a groomsman I will have to like him, horrible believs and all, because that is super cute. I also think it says something about JD that he's in so many weddings. He must be very well liked. His weddingparty will be enourmous if he has this many friends. 

Austins letter to Joy had way too much god in it. But he did manage some pretty good adjectives there in the end. I like that he loves that she is fun, enthusiastic and adventurous. Much better then meek. 

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

@justmy2cents @allthegoodnamesrgone In the People video that was the first one out, and probably in the last thread now, they said Joy liked the skirt on one dress, the bodice of another, so bought them both, and had them put together, with sleeves added for modesty, with bits of the dress her grandmother and mother wore, and  bits of Austin's mother's dress . 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-talk-kids/

I mean, I guess People could be making it up (and so could I, I guess), but I don't know why that would happen.

Ok, so I just listened to the video again and I didn't hear the words 'bought two dresses' anywhere. Only that she liked the bottom of one and top of another and had the designer put them together.

3 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Mostly Antrim coast. Usually venues that were covered by what was niea and is having yet another name and reshuffle. You have no idea how glad I am at least some kids will get you as an RE teacher - that's awesome. More kids need strong thinkers teaching in that subject area.

My guess is there's an element of situational, only I can't quite work out what the draw for the families we encounter is. We hope we can send them away with something sound, but I just can't help wondering sometimes.

Antrim area is has a huge Free Presbyterian population so that explains most of it lol! 

The school I went to had a fantastic RE department. One of the teachers is now my future sister in law so I am learning from the best as I have her to guide and help me!  So rest assured there are schools here in NI with brilliant, educated and strong willed RE teachers who are teaching Children what is right! 

I did a placement last year in a Catholic school though and I couldn't believe the degree of confessional approach to RE! I mean they taught about life in the time of Jesus and said that was the kids learning about Judaism:56247953c05d2_32(6):! I was gobsmacked! And when learning about what the Catholic Church believed, rather than taking an approach like 'the Catholic Church believes that...', the kids were writing 'we believe that....'. I couldn't believe it and they didn't once mention what anyone else believed! 

I learned about what different denominations in Christianity believed as well as Sikhism, Buddhism, Judaism and Islam when I was in school. We also learned about different explanations about how the world came to be such as Creationism vs Big Bang. 

I was such a shock to walk into a school where they learned everything from a particular viewpoint which wasn't expanded out to open debates! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived