IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Pikes Peak or Bust?

Coconut Flan

I don't know about Colorado, but here in WI the ticks this year are horrible. We were in a marsh for about 20 minutes on Saturday with our dog and he came home with about 30 ticks on him and I flicked like 8 of them off my clothes before they could attach. I hope they are smart and she is wearing long pants. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they're enjoying this quiet time in nature and getting to know each other.

5 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I love camping and backpacking, I'm a girl, and tent sex is way better than boring bedroom sex. Fresh air, fun positions in tiny ultralight backpacking tent, the excitement of being in public but not really. Backpacking is better than camping in a campground though, as you have to hike miles and then you are sweaty and dirty and then the sex is kind of sweaty and dirty and it's just fun. Plus skinny dipping in tiny lakes. There's no better way to get to know a partner (if this is something you both enjoy) IMO. 

Seconded! Though very warm weather or a really snuggly blanket is advisable - it's not so romantic in snow as you'd think...

May be my favorite stage decor so far. Lovely with the dusky light coming in through the window

647051.thumb.jpg.f59e723a571671e33b4676b46646f284.jpg

Also, Jana's sleeves look different from Jinger's.

647078.thumb.jpg.802f2d0bcae1a791cdad597fda11de57.jpg

7 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

@JesusCampSongs, will you marry me? You have kept me from simply saying f you to slavery apologists who are not enlightened enough to acknowledge their racism.

As the saying goes, if the south hadn't started nothing, there wouldn't have been nothing. The south fired that first shot at Ft.  Sumpter (sp). Its suffering pales in comparison to that imposed upon my ancestors by the evils of chattel slavery, the biggest of which was the destruction of family.

Never had sex in a tent, not planning on it, not the outdoorsy type. My first time was in a bed.

Aw, shucks. :my_blush:

Seriously, though, I have a hard time getting past the cognitive dissonance it takes to bewail the fate of the south while entirely glossing over what happened to the 5-6 million people who had been enslaved in the US by that point. They aren't even comparable. 

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Maybe Austin is just stiff with loads of people. They do look relaxed and happy alone. 

My inner twelve year old compelled me to comment. Hopefully Austin is as stiff as a board around Joy Anna! 

16 hours ago, LaPeleona said:

Maybe I'm from a different part of the "deep" South, wherever that is, but somehow in my 20+ years of growing up there I managed to never hear the civil war referred to as the war of northern aggression. This term needs to just slip on back into oblivion, where it belongs, since the civil war is over and all.

Me either! Born and raised in the South for 50+ years. But all of my friends are those bleeding heart, diverse liberal types. Ooops. 

For the most part, I love her pictures, but does anyone else find the cheap plastic hanger distracting? 

IMG_8541.JPG

10 hours ago, PVMom said:

These girls aren't shy and reluctant for sex, they are the complete and exact opposite!

wow!

How do you know this?? I must know!

You know how in 101 Dalmations all the dogs look like their owners? Joy and Austin look so much alike I'd think they were related if I didn't know better. 

I like the dress, actually. Very feminine and a bit whimsical. I'm glad Joy is getting her outdoor experience as she wanted it. 

Someone brought this up, but what did the Duggars actually learn? Because as I understand it, in the US you don't exactly have a national curriculum, so schools/states/cities mostly pick for themselves, and kids don't have to go to school at all if they don't want to. The Duggars never went to an actual school to my knowledge. I mean - they are presumably literate, but do they know high school math such as calculus and linear algebra? They probably learned some junk biology, but did they ever learn astronomy, physics, or chemistry? They don't seem to speak a single foreign language or know very much about history, economics et cetera judging by the interviews and behaviour, as illustrated above. 

Basically, if I lived next to them I'd be scared of sharing a fence with someone who will think a meteor falling from the sky is a sign for the second coming of Christ :D 

27 minutes ago, LKUK said:

the colour scheme really suited them

I do agree about this. My colors were similar - a dark blue and a pretty fall orange, but more muted so not as bright. 

But my wedding was in October, smack dab in the middle of autumn. I really hope Joy (and Austin) truly wanted to marry now, and not trying to make a fall wedding in May happen!

IMG_0126.JPG

7 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I love camping and backpacking, I'm a girl, and tent sex is way better than boring bedroom sex. Fresh air, fun positions in tiny ultralight backpacking tent, the excitement of being in public but not really. Backpacking is better than camping in a campground though, as you have to hike miles and then you are sweaty and dirty and then the sex is kind of sweaty and dirty and it's just fun. Plus skinny dipping in tiny lakes. There's no better way to get to know a partner (if this is something you both enjoy) IMO. 

Lots of smiles over here! You go gurl. Glad to hear you enjoy. But...I just could not get my mind off something crawling on me or the grass between my butt cheeks (sorry if I'm gross) I tried it once and so far it was the last. Just not that interested in sex outside. But dumbs up to all who enjoy and keep at it! And as for the speculation about when and where the Duggars loose their V card...I can't help it. They are just so darn interesting!

21 minutes ago, LKUK said:

I was pleased to see Jenny as a bridesmaid :) and the colour scheme really suited them

I'm glad she was included, by not surprised. Jenny is the youngest from Jill's buddy group and Joy took over after Jill married.

You're absolutely right though. That blue color was extremely flattering on all of them. Joy did a good job selecting that color.

@FundieCentralI'm not sure exactly what they're taught. I believe each state has requirements for GEDs, but I don't know for sure.

Some of them seem to be more interested in learning than others are. Joseph at least started to work towards some sort of certificate through Clown. Jinger has always been interested in photography. But Jill really seems to enjoy learning - at least within the confines of their very restrictive culture. She's been shown taking Spanish lessons fron Marjorie Jackson's mother, she did some sort of Bible class, and (from what other posters have mentioned) she seems like she did work hard on the educational and practical Midwife requirements. It's a real shame any of them were born into this life, but it's especially sad when I look at Jill. She could have done so much with that kind of interest in learning.

4 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I don't know about Colorado, but here in WI the ticks this year are horrible. We were in a marsh for about 20 minutes on Saturday with our dog and he came home with about 30 ticks on him and I flicked like 8 of them off my clothes before they could attach. I hope they are smart and she is wearing long pants. 

I traveled to Utah last month and went to Antelope Island State Park. It was absolutely gorgeous but the flies there were horrible. I definitely hope Jostin doesn't have to deal with anything like that.

As long as they don't honeymoon in North Ontario...

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I do agree about this. My colors were similar - a dark blue and a pretty fall orange, but more muted so not as bright. 

But my wedding was in October, smack dab in the middle of autumn. I really hope Joy (and Austin) truly wanted to marry now, and not trying to make a fall wedding in May happen!

The colors work really well for a sunset wedding, no matter the season. But excellent Regina George reference. :pb_lol:

Is that Joseph's future father-in-law Pastor Caldwell marrying them? I'm bad at faces sometimes. 

All those lit candles next to super dry hay/straw makes me a nervous nellie.  That scene could have gone south *really* fast.

I will just keep imagining those are the overpriced, flameless candles they sell on QVC.

I like the side stones on her ring. A lot. 

The cross shaped dessert table featuring "homemade" cupcakes. Sierra?

28 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

All those lit candles next to super dry hay/straw makes me a nervous nellie.  That scene could have gone south *really* fast.

I will just keep imagining those are the overpriced, flameless candles they sell on QVC.

I think those are flame-less LED candles. Or at least I hope they are because yeah, fire and hay, BAD BAD BAD idea. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived